Redondo baseball coach Ammentorp step...

Redondo baseball coach Ammentorp stepping down after 20 years

There are 15 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Jul 3, 2008, titled Redondo baseball coach Ammentorp stepping down after 20 years. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Longtime baseball coach Tim Ammentorp is stepping down at Redondo, the 20-year coaching veteran confirmed Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

fred

Long Beach, CA

#2 Jul 3, 2008
He seems to be a bit of a twerp though.
Redondo-mediocri ty

Pasadena, CA

#3 Jul 3, 2008
what is the cause of this? 333 wins in 20 years, didn't stevenson of el segundo just win his 1000 in 48 years. I am not a genius but that means he would averahe about 15 wins a year compared to over 20 per year in el segundo. the people of redondo must be glad to shake this guy and get back to thier winning ways.
fred

Long Beach, CA

#4 Jul 4, 2008
Redondo-mediocrity wrote:
what is the cause of this? 333 wins in 20 years, didn't stevenson of el segundo just win his 1000 in 48 years. I am not a genius but that means he would averahe about 15 wins a year compared to over 20 per year in el segundo. the people of redondo must be glad to shake this guy and get back to thier winning ways.
See above.
Bob

Torrance, CA

#6 Jul 7, 2008
Hey, Fred, what's your W-L record?
Greg Goode

Paso Robles, CA

#7 Jul 8, 2008
Congrads on a super successful coaching career, Tim.
Player

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#8 Jul 12, 2008
Well good season redondo should try replacing there football coach coach simon he Cant coach n doesnt really help out get scholarships sucks for them Costa Rules hahahah!!
player

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#9 Jul 19, 2008
hopefully scott davison we get the job and we'll have a real program then
Player

Manteca, CA

#11 Aug 7, 2008
They need to bring coach Jenkins back hes a proven winner
Shane Johnson

La Habra, CA

#12 Aug 7, 2008
Player wrote:
Well good season redondo should try replacing there football coach coach simon he Cant coach n doesnt really help out get scholarships sucks for them Costa Rules hahahah!!
Dude...how many baseballs have you gotten hit in the head with?
TJO

Corona, CA

#13 Aug 8, 2008
Player wrote:
They need to bring coach Jenkins back hes a proven winner
Jenkins won at all costs, driving several kids out of the program and not really caring about anything by winning. Ammentorp ran a clean program with high standards, even suspending star players if their grades dropped. He produced good citizens AND good baseball players. There is more to life than winning a few games.
Keith S

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Aug 13, 2008
Coach Ammentorp is a quality leader of young men and women and his accomplishments should be lauded for what he did and how he did it. His "don't just do it, do it right every time" approach produced on and off the field. He is a leader and example to students and athletes alike. RUHS baseball will miss him.
HUA

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Aug 13, 2008
I think he added more to the program than just winning or losing. Remember....these are schools, not baseball factories. Sports is an add-on to the high school learning curriculum, so running a good program and making good citizens out of these kids is one of the main goals of anyone associated with education. Get a life! Stop living vicariously through your children!
Stoney

Mohave Valley, AZ

#16 Sep 14, 2008
Great job, coach! You were always a great teacher and motivator. I enjoyed every game playing for you in both football and baseball. Thank you for making me a better player AND a better person. Best of luck in your future endeavors.
You know who
gundo-hater

Whittier, CA

#17 Feb 19, 2009
stevenson should just die already !

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mick Dundee

Brisbane, Australia

#20 Feb 19, 2013
I enjoy the smell of butt cracks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Segundo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harbor-UCLA Medical Center cited for safety vio... (Oct '11) Thu Human 219
News One of the LAPD cruisers allegedly stolen by ca... Thu secret Asian man 3
My tenant has people living in her kitchen Jun 18 minkman111 1
News Clippers Reportedly to Announce New Arena in In... Jun 17 hey hey hay 3
News South LA gang leader blamed for 2 decades of vi... Jun 15 double foodie doggie 1
Bass Player MISSING!!! Jun 14 Anonymous 1
News Arraignment today for stabbing suspect involved... (Mar '08) Jun 13 WhipitthrutheGlass 72

El Segundo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Segundo Mortgages