El Segundo concerned over illegally occupied RVs at storage lot

Full story: Daily Breeze 29
A makeshift electrical connection lines the interior of a fence on the storage lot before connecting into a parked vehicle. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cringe Fear

Bellflower, CA

#1 Sep 30, 2010
Move along. There's nothing for you here.
Illegal Mexicans

Torrance, CA

#2 Sep 30, 2010
Forget about the illegal RVs, how about all the illegal mexicans kicking it in E.S..
Why not focus on them before the lawful, tax paying citizens of your city?
mittins

Lomita, CA

#3 Sep 30, 2010
they will just move to the torrance rv camp
wingdemon

Glendale, CA

#4 Oct 1, 2010
"The city's concerned about people living in their motor homes without sewage hookups, electricity hookups, water hookups," said El Segundo code enforcement officer John Sellens

Are you kidding. They are in a motor home. They are self sufficient. They have clean and gray water holding tanks, they don't have to be hooked up to anything. The city just wants to be able to charge them for utilities. City governments all the way up to the top have completely lost it. They are just out to charge fees and raise taxes as much as they can.
Get Along

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Oct 1, 2010
I say push all the RVs into Manhattan Beach! Then they may actually have something to complain about. Better yet, let them "dump" at Sand Dune park!!!!!!!
RVer

San Clemente, CA

#6 Oct 1, 2010
This has been going on for years there. I'm surprised the city is just now finding out. Yes RV's are self sufficient, but you have to be able to add water to the fresh water tank and dump the grey and black water. There is no dump facility at this location. Storagemasters absolutely knew about this problem. Don't believe for a minute they thought people were just using electricity for repair work. I pointed this out to their management years ago when looking to rent a space. They seemed very unconcerned. FYI, there is not an RV camp in Torrance. Torrance has an RV parking ordinance.
CC in CA

Dallas, TX

#7 Oct 1, 2010
No compassion for those in trouble. Would the city rather they slept on park benches and street corners?? It doesn't seem that these folks have created any hazard via dumping illegally.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#8 Oct 1, 2010
I go to my self storage and always see RVs stored there with TV sounds coming out of them.
Sheesh

Redondo Beach, CA

#9 Oct 1, 2010
CC in CA wrote:
It doesn't seem that these folks have created any hazard via dumping illegally.
Uh, except that THE POLICE were ORIGINALLY CALLED to break up a fight between the idiot loser druggies living illegally in their RVs. How about we send them to YOUR neighborhood to live?!?
Editor at large

La Mirada, CA

#10 Oct 1, 2010
wingdemon wrote:
"The city's concerned about people living in their motor homes without sewage hookups, electricity hookups, water hookups," said El Segundo code enforcement officer John Sellens
Are you kidding. They are in a motor home. They are self sufficient. They have clean and gray water holding tanks, they don't have to be hooked up to anything. The city just wants to be able to charge them for utilities. City governments all the way up to the top have completely lost it. They are just out to charge fees and raise taxes as much as they can.
Do the tanks ever get full or the water supply in thesre things run out?
SAM I AM

Torrance, CA

#11 Oct 1, 2010
RECENTLY THEIR HAVE BEEN ALOT OF MOVEMENT AMONG RV DWEELERS ALL OVER SOUTH BAY AND WHATS UPSEETING OR PUZZLING IS THAT AMERICANS ARE LOSEING THEIR HOMES @ AN ALARMING RATE ... ALSO AMERICANS RENT SO CONSIDERING THAT THEY DONT OWN ANY HOMES FALL INTO HOMELESS NESS ...THE PROBLEM IS WHOS NOT LOOSEING THEIR HOMES AND WHOS NOT MOVEING AND WHOS NOT WANTING JUSTICE AND WHOS NOT WANTING PEACE ....
SAM I AM

Torrance, CA

#12 Oct 1, 2010
IF YES I KNOW IM RIGHT IF I WERE AN ILLEGAL RAPPING DRUG DEALER OPICKING A GIRL UP IN SOME DESRERT5 TOWN AND THEN BRINGING HER TO A SKY RISE TOWN WERE YOUL L BE DROUNDED OUT BY THE LOUD RAPP MUSIC AND SPANISH CRAPPP ...... THEN THAT WILL BE OKAY YOU CAN STAY AND EARN A LIVING BUT IF YOUR AMERICAN YOU MUST LOSE EVERTHING OR LEAVE IT BEHIND .., I AM NOT YOU @%$#CH I WILL NOT GO WITHOUT A FIGHT ..! AND THATS THE FACTS ., NOW SHE IS PROBABLY KLISTING TO KESHA RITE NOW BRUSH MY TEETH LIKE DIDDY !!!DICTIONARY PLEASE
Hmmmm

Danville, CA

#13 Oct 1, 2010
Lets take a piece of land, say somewhere between Palmdale and Barstow, about 20 acres, stripe off 600 sq ft sections and let all the folks that want to live in their RV, stay there. That should take care of all of the RV'ers from Seal Beach to Pt Magu (about 1500 or so). If enough of them wanted power and water, they can form their own organization and apply to the utility company. Get's them out of the city, lets them create their own little world.
Rob

Stanton, CA

#14 Oct 1, 2010
The only problem really is dumping the black tanks. In Sun Valley and Burbank, I see dozens of folks living in RV's. As more people lose there homes, we can be confident the number of vagabonds will continue to rise.

Hell is coming.
Huh

Wildomar, CA

#15 Oct 1, 2010
Homeless. with cable? Anything goes. Illegals running fruit carts on street corners...Day laborers hanging on street corners. Homeless in the parks so those of us that pay for the upkeep don't feel safe to use the park... Or we have to walk past their filth with kids to play soccer. Lovely. More to come with the economy. Oh thats right the recession is over. I forgot.
Love California

Long Beach, CA

#16 Oct 1, 2010
Hmmm. I would think that if you are in a legally questionable living situation like that, you shouldn't bring the attention of the authorities to it for anything, i.e. break up fights yourself.
Jim

Plymouth, PA

#17 Oct 1, 2010
Hmmmm wrote:
Lets take a piece of land, say somewhere between Palmdale and Barstow, about 20 acres, stripe off 600 sq ft sections and let all the folks that want to live in their RV, stay there. That should take care of all of the RV'ers from Seal Beach to Pt Magu (about 1500 or so). If enough of them wanted power and water, they can form their own organization and apply to the utility company. Get's them out of the city, lets them create their own little world.
Actually, you are on to the obvious solution, a network of legal RV parks like there is in the rest of the country. We have three, Dockweiler, the one in Malibu, and Leo Carillo. Aside from those, no legal places.

There are people who travel and need a place to stay. We have a lot of unused commercial, old big box stores, commercial property, or bankrupt properties that have no viable use right now, why not put it to use and let it earn some honest money?
EDUCATION

Redondo Beach, CA

#18 Oct 1, 2010
Jim wrote:
<quoted text> Why not put it to use and let it earn some honest money?
The whole point is these losers don't HAVE any money or they would be traveling from legal RV place to legal RV place....

We don't WANT RV cities, just like we don't want mobile home parks....
Bee Vee

Tarzana, CA

#19 Oct 1, 2010
A few years ago I might have been opposed to people living in their RV's on public streets, but with this horrible economy, I think that government officials need to come up with a viable plan for them.

I would much rather see someone who is trying to take care of themselves get some type of assistance instead of an unwashed man or a woman in dirty, torn clothes bothering me for spare change out in front of the 7-11 store...
RV Too

United States

#20 Oct 1, 2010
I keep my RV stored in the location they're talking about. The people that live at the lot are very friendly and act as eyes and ears in the middle of the night. Cheap security if you ask me...I say keep 'em.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Segundo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Downtown Manhattan Beach Thu Bently 4
Mattel Launching 'Barbie Girls' MP3 Player (May '07) Oct 16 tara 1,791
Former manager sentenced in abuse (Mar '09) Sep '14 VICTORIOUS 32
16-Year-Old Injured While Standing up on Double... Jul '14 margo 17
Betsy Butler to Run for 50th District (Sep '11) Mar '14 Pertia Cohen 6
Helicopters (Nov '13) Nov '13 ES mom 1
Barbie vs. Bratz (Dec '08) Nov '13 ashley 3

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at October 25 at 12:39PM PDT

El Segundo News Video

El Segundo Dating
Find my Match

El Segundo Jobs

El Segundo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

El Segundo News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in El Segundo

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]