Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
163,021 - 163,040 of 200,349 Comments Last updated 14 min ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
If?
You are completely incorrigible.
Too funny!

P.S. Thought you were "done with me". Couldn't resist?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why you will note that in the opening line of my comment I specifically said, "Every single solitary straight..."
The point of my comment is that when a straight person comes out strongly against same-sex marriage, they tend to (at the same time) condemn homosexuality.
It's through their condemnation of homosexuality that they explicitly announce their own orientation and its superiority.
My post was in response to someone who claimed that homosexual people do not need to "come out of the closet". This person also insinuated that straight people do not come out of the closet--do not announce their orientation. And I don't agree...
VV

After reading that, I went back and forth in my mind...yes and no. Personally my view on homosexuality, it is what it is. That doesn't mean marriage has to be legally redefined to address it, when other options are available.

I still don't quite get the media circus that accompanies the "I'm gay" pronouncement from some celebrity or athlete. There are times when, after hearing the latest "coming out" on the boob tube, I think "enough already....so you're no going to slap a rainbow sticker on your car....we get it".

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He posts like some spun out post monkey all day, all the while directing his staff from conference rooms in his multinational corporation (in Modesto!) And talking to kids in school about astronomy and don't forget balloon piloting.
I wonder if he patrols the city in his hot air balloon.....which I'm sure he inflates it himself....or does he have some sort of BigDmobile....maybe even a conversion van......do ya think Commissioner Gordon summons him by shining a big "D" in the sky?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals are no more barron that heterosexual couples that resort to artificial insemination, surrogates, etc.
As long as both couples are of the opposite sex.....

Since: Apr 13

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
VV
After reading that, I went back and forth in my mind...yes and no. Personally my view on homosexuality, it is what it is. That doesn't mean marriage has to be legally redefined to address it, when other options are available.
I still don't quite get the media circus that accompanies the "I'm gay" pronouncement from some celebrity or athlete. There are times when, after hearing the latest "coming out" on the boob tube, I think "enough already....so you're no going to slap a rainbow sticker on your car....we get it".
Why do you fight gay rights... why not just accept that others are different from you and move on with your life... I mean really doesn't that make the most sense

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if he patrols the city in his hot air balloon.....which I'm sure he inflates it himself....or does he have some sort of BigDmobile....maybe even a conversion van......do ya think Commissioner Gordon summons him by shining a big "D" in the sky?
Look i'm a hetero female with a transsexual child and in no way does gay rights impact my life as a hetero female and its just ludicrously silly when people make the claim that marriage will be harmed

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I had no idea
Is that any different than republicans homosexual wet dream of coming into Reagan?
And you go into schools? You should be reported in Modesto for writing sick stuff here. You should not be allowed to be around little boys anymore.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you fight gay rights... why not just accept that others are different from you and move on with your life... I mean really doesn't that make the most sense
Fighting gay rights or gay marriage?

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is actually strenghtened by gay marriage

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He posts like some spun out post monkey all day, all the while directing his staff from conference rooms in his multinational corporation (in Modesto!) And talking to kids in school about astronomy and don't forget balloon piloting.
True, it's creepy how he keeps writing about talking to little boys all the time.

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Fighting gay rights or gay marriage?
both
Across The Pond

Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as both couples are of the opposite sex.....
Obviously not anymore,what are you the village moron? 10 states and counting now isn't it? That makes your bigoted post a lie! Try again sport! Yuk,Yuk,Yuk!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
VV
Do you know how some Christians like announce over and over again that they are Christian? They have crosses around their necks. They have that "Jesus fish" think on their bumper. They always seem to have a piece of scripture on their tongue. Heck, there are entire network stations devoted to Christianity.

The same can be said for Judaism. The same can be said for Islam.

Are you as frustrated with these folks who seem to always be pushing their religion on you? Do you get as outraged at them when they want to "indoctrinate" your children in public schools or in other public areas?

Here's the thing... The dust will eventually settle down. LGBT people won't always have a need to "come out". At some point in the future--probably long after you and I are gone--being gay will be seen as perfectly normal. There won't be any need for us to make an special effort to make our presence known.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
You've schooled no one. You referring to anyone as a liar is quite hilarious. Your claims about yourself are unproven and a bit farfetched as I've pointed out recently and not so recently.
Homosexuals are no more barron that heterosexual couples that resort to artificial insemination, surrogates, etc.
I suppose the numerous legally married gay couples will be surprised to find out you've declared their legally recognised marriages don't exist.
Smirk!
There is a difference between couples childless because of medical reasons and ss couples who are inherently desolate and barren.

There is also a difference between a default mother and father, and a duplicated half of parenthood. Especially to the child.

Another proof that ss 'marriage's are an oxymoron

Another schooling too...

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No sir, there is a big difference between making a publicity stunt, and voicing our opinions about the current state of marriage law. That is below your intelligence to even try that. I am now the disappointed one. You infer that merely voicing opposition to your cause is "coming out', and that is not the case.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
"...a desire to feel equal to us..."
"...bombarded by your inferior side trumpeting on about how equal you are..."
"We don't want our kids indoctrinated..."
"You have no right to tell us about yourselves..."
----------
1.) I DO feel equal to you. Is there any doubt in your mind that people like me are not your equal?
2.) No one is indoctrinating your kids. I don't know about you, but knew about gays when I was very young. If I'm not mistaken, it was a preacher who talked about it. Then I clearly remember a pamphlet from church that talked about Sodom and Gomorrah--showing men touching other men.
3.) What is it that bothers you so much about our telling you about ourselves? I doubt that any gay person has ever said anything more to you than "I'm gay". If anyone has regaled you with explicit details of their sex life, then that person was an idiot.
Typically, it's you guys who let your imaginations run wild--grossing yourselves out with lurid images--wondering to yourselves, "who's the man and who's the woman?".
When I haven't spoken to someone in years and I reconnect with them on facebook, one of the first questions they ask is "Are you married?" Second question is "do you have kids?"
I respond honestly and say, "No, I'm gay."
What's so disturbing about that?
More verbose gay twirl that you lied.

Simple.

Snicker.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>Look i'm a hetero female with a transsexual child and in no way does gay rights impact my life as a hetero female and its just ludicrously silly when people make the claim that marriage will be harmed
When you impose an imposter relation on marriage, there cannot help but be damage.

At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss 'marriage' is an oxymoron.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how some Christians like announce over and over again that they are Christian? They have crosses around their necks. They have that "Jesus fish" think on their bumper. They always seem to have a piece of scripture on their tongue. Heck, there are entire network stations devoted to Christianity.
The same can be said for Judaism. The same can be said for Islam.
Are you as frustrated with these folks who seem to always be pushing their religion on you? Do you get as outraged at them when they want to "indoctrinate" your children in public schools or in other public areas?
Here's the thing... The dust will eventually settle down. LGBT people won't always have a need to "come out". At some point in the future--probably long after you and I are gone--being gay will be seen as perfectly normal. There won't be any need for us to make an special effort to make our presence known.
The goal of religious evangelism is to convert.

Are you trying to convert heterosexuals? How does that work for converting homosexuals?

Snicker.
Ballerina2b4ever

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

My Mom says the real problerm is that there is no sanitary clause in the Xmas nutcracker and that makes god angry and he uses his tools, which are the north koreans, to demand a recount of the papal elections and to immediately force all gays to marry lesbians and avoid stop and frisk by off duty tsa operatives under cover of darkness in swim suits and masks on holy garbage collection days.
I dont get it. I think she has gone off on the dr. peeper again. But, who knows?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>Look i'm a hetero female with a transsexual child and in no way does gay rights impact my life as a hetero female and its just ludicrously silly when people make the claim that marriage will be harmed
That is what I donít understand, I am a heterosexual male, married with 4 kids, none of the happen to be gay. 18,000 same sex couples legally married in California.

My marriage was not harmed in any way, none of my childrenís marriages where harmed.

What is the big deal?

They want to deny others happiness, out of what... meanness? spite? they canít claim any harm.

I just donít get what the big deal is, if they want to marry, let them, it harms no one.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The goal of religious evangelism is to convert.
Are you trying to convert heterosexuals? How does that work for converting homosexuals?
Snicker.
The problem that evangelism is having is that hatred and spite does not sell as well as it used to.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent El Segundo Discussions

Search the El Segundo Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno... (Feb '13) 16 hr GradsDad 1,270
Kayak Fishing Group for Redondo-Palos Verdes an... 19 hr New Kayak Fishing Group 1
Lightning Causes Outage in Manhattan Beach 21 hr Manhattan Hatter 3
Manhattan Beach Becomes Smoke-Free City 21 hr Manhattan hatter 3
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 23 hr snodder 2,252
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sun Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sun Facts facts 15,927
•••
•••

El Segundo News Video

•••
•••

El Segundo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

El Segundo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE