Adopt-a-family for Christmas

Full story: Daily Breeze 52
We would like to adopt a family for Christmas. Can you please list the agencies that offer this information? - PAM STEWART Lomita We found adopt-a-family programs through The Volunteer Center, South ... Full Story
Sonya

La Mesa, CA

#24 Nov 7, 2012
Hi my name is Sonya I am a single stay at home mom of 3 wonderful boys. Anthony 10 George and Jordan 8 (yes they are twins) A few years ago I started noticing Jordan develop an eye roll it was slight but I found it odd, and he was having major behavior problems so I was going to take him to be checked for ADD or ADHD when my friend and neighbor sayid she thinks they are seizures. She works as an occupational therapist so I listened to her and had him checked and sure enough he was having seizures. So it's been a trying 3 years figuring out exactly what he has as I watch his seizures progress and him regress.He has been diagnosed with mental retardation a seizure disorder and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. His brothers have been fantastic through this all. Especially his twin, it was a little harder for my oldest because to him he see's a normal kid that just is a pain in the butt in his eyes. It wasn't untill the seizures progressed into drop seizures and his brother had to be hospitalized and have surgery for VNS implant when I think he realized the severity of his brothers dissorder. But anyhow he has made me proud to see I have raised a compassionate and loving son or sons really. That's a little history on us. Also aal the while I have been going through this and raising and supporting them with no help from the father. He isn't interested.
Well to my reason for contacting you is I really think these boys deserve some joy and to be shown their efforts and actions are appreciated and I would love to give them a nice Christmas, nothing to extravagant they are humble children and are aware we aren't financially able to keep up with the Jones' but I don't have the means to provide even the smallest of gifts!I am behind on ALL my bills, lights about to be shut off and my breaks are going out ect...it just never ends.(Enough of my pity potty, sorry about that) But we are grateful to have eachother. So I am searching the web and my community for assistance with Christmas help. Even the smallest of aid will help tremendously!!
Do you know of or provide any resources that may help me put a smile on the faces of three deserving young boys?
Thanks for your time.

Thanks again,
Sonya Abbott

sonyaabbott@yahoo.com

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#25 Nov 14, 2012
I'm a single mother of six I am in need of help for the holidays I lost my job and behind on bills and facing shut off notices if there is anyone out there that can help or know of a place that can help please reply back thank u and God bless.
thinking about it

Los Angeles, CA

#26 Nov 15, 2012
Sonya wrote:
Hi my name is Sonya I am a single stay at home mom of 3 wonderful boys. Anthony 10 George and Jordan 8 (yes they are twins) A few years ago I started noticing Jordan develop an eye roll it was slight but I found it odd, and he was having major behavior problems so I was going to take him to be checked for ADD or ADHD when my friend and neighbor sayid she thinks they are seizures. She works as an occupational therapist so I listened to her and had him checked and sure enough he was having seizures. So it's been a trying 3 years figuring out exactly what he has as I watch his seizures progress and him regress.He has been diagnosed with mental retardation a seizure disorder and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. His brothers have been fantastic through this all. Especially his twin, it was a little harder for my oldest because to him he see's a normal kid that just is a pain in the butt in his eyes. It wasn't untill the seizures progressed into drop seizures and his brother had to be hospitalized and have surgery for VNS implant when I think he realized the severity of his brothers dissorder. But anyhow he has made me proud to see I have raised a compassionate and loving son or sons really. That's a little history on us. Also aal the while I have been going through this and raising and supporting them with no help from the father. He isn't interested.
Well to my reason for contacting you is I really think these boys deserve some joy and to be shown their efforts and actions are appreciated and I would love to give them a nice Christmas, nothing to extravagant they are humble children and are aware we aren't financially able to keep up with the Jones' but I don't have the means to provide even the smallest of gifts!I am behind on ALL my bills, lights about to be shut off and my breaks are going out ect...it just never ends.(Enough of my pity potty, sorry about that) But we are grateful to have eachother. So I am searching the web and my community for assistance with Christmas help. Even the smallest of aid will help tremendously!!
Do you know of or provide any resources that may help me put a smile on the faces of three deserving young boys?
Thanks for your time.
Thanks again,
Sonya Abbott
sonyaabbott@yahoo.com
Post a good picture of your boobs or it didn't happen.
darlene

Los Angeles, CA

#27 Nov 21, 2012
I am looking for an adopt a family program that can assisst me this year. I am a mother of 4 and currently not working. I can be contacted at darlene3leon@yahoo.com
govt

Los Angeles, CA

#28 Nov 21, 2012
darlene wrote:
I am looking for an adopt a family program that can assisst me this year. I am a mother of 4 and currently not working. I can be contacted at darlene3leon@yahoo.com
Why should we contribute to a child abuser?
Cyndee

Antelope, CA

#29 Nov 24, 2012
I am asking for help this year since I have been off work this whole year as I hurt my back at work .i am barely making it paying the bills and won't have a Christmas for my family without some help . I have an 18 year old son loves to skateboard and play video games. I also have a 22 year old daughter that is expecting her first child next year . I would love to make their Christmas special but feels so bad that I cant . Please email if you can help is2love@yahoo.com thank you have a blessed holiday
Cyndee

Antelope, CA

#30 Nov 24, 2012
I have been on workers comp since jan 2012 with a hurt back . I can barely pay my bills and my family will not have much of a Christmas without help. I have a small family it's me and my other half whom is also on disibility and a 18 year old son who loves skateboarding and video games . I also have a 22 year old expecting her first child .if you can help Any way please e
Mail me at is2loveme@yahoo.com
Reagan

United States

#31 Nov 24, 2012
If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. So I'm sending fishing rods to all of these fine folks. How lucky that we live near the Pacific Ocean.
Stephanie

Stockton, CA

#32 Dec 4, 2012
I also would like to know how to get my family adoped. I just lost my job and with bills and rent, i wont be able to buy my boys not even one present for my 8 and 3 year old. I dont care if i get anything its them that i would like to get presnts.
good samaritan

Los Angeles, CA

#33 Dec 4, 2012
Stephanie wrote:
I also would like to know how to get my family adoped. I just lost my job and with bills and rent, i wont be able to buy my boys not even one present for my 8 and 3 year old. I dont care if i get anything its them that i would like to get presnts.
This thread has been unfortunately mistitled. It should say, "Post a Pic of Your Boobs, And if We Like it, We Might Adopt Your Family for Christmas."
Trying my best

Concord, CA

#34 Dec 6, 2012
I was wondering how can I love my family to get it I'm single mother of three children I am a full-time student I work do not give financial aid just recently moved into a new house because he found out my old house has mold growing in the ceiling Which cost me all of our Christmas money plus I really want this from my kids they truly deserve it removed into the neighborhood my son Brandon to school with the best president
I won't vote but I can say that my daughter is 14 and she received a partial scholarship last subcomponents cool for the state because of grade-point average going above and the on the call of duty to succeed and And my middle child just informed me that she has been trying her best to succeed because she will be going to Stanford and I believe her because my kids are great and we have overcome a lot I'm divorced because my husband rapped my daughter when she was four and Yes i put him in prison Because to me he was guilty until proven innocent and well he was not proven innocent and I'm very proud of her because she told me immediately but the day after she told me I love my kids they deserve better needless to say that shook things up for us but we're making it through with our heads held high Because she is not a victim she is a survivor and will be successful I tell them all the time. Sometimes bad things happen to good people and it's not what occurred Because you are either a victim or a survivor at victim will always remain victimize which is true in theory as well but a survivor survivor goes on and becomes The advocate a hero an inspiration for all the little girls out there that are still holding onto that secret Please contact me back at ch92139@Gmail.com
Sofia

Los Angeles, CA

#35 Dec 6, 2012
Trying my best wrote:
I was wondering how can I love my family to get it I'm single mother of three children I am a full-time student I work do not give financial aid just recently moved into a new house because he found out my old house has mold growing in the ceiling Which cost me all of our Christmas money plus I really want this from my kids they truly deserve it removed into the neighborhood my son Brandon to school with the best president
I won't vote but I can say that my daughter is 14 and she received a partial scholarship last subcomponents cool for the state because of grade-point average going above and the on the call of duty to succeed and And my middle child just informed me that she has been trying her best to succeed because she will be going to Stanford and I believe her because my kids are great and we have overcome a lot I'm divorced because my husband rapped my daughter when she was four and Yes i put him in prison Because to me he was guilty until proven innocent and well he was not proven innocent and I'm very proud of her because she told me immediately but the day after she told me I love my kids they deserve better needless to say that shook things up for us but we're making it through with our heads held high Because she is not a victim she is a survivor and will be successful I tell them all the time. Sometimes bad things happen to good people and it's not what occurred Because you are either a victim or a survivor at victim will always remain victimize which is true in theory as well but a survivor survivor goes on and becomes The advocate a hero an inspiration for all the little girls out there that are still holding onto that secret Please contact me back at ch92139@Gmail.com
I don't want to sound like somebody who doesn't sympathize with your daughter's forcible rape, but if you hadn't married the guy, and if your daughter hadn't been prancing around in front of him like a little street-corner hussy, maybe she would have reached her fifth birthday without being branded forever as tarnished goods in the eyes of your community.
Good luck to you, and Merry Christmas.
Deanna

Pico Rivera, CA

#36 Dec 9, 2012
Hi my name is Deanna Huddleston. My husband and I both work and are struggling to make ends meet. We have 4 amazing children. 12, 11, 8 abd 6. We don't want them to know how bad things are but we are worried they won't have christmas. I know christmas is not about the gifts and we have tried to show them that. But how do you tell your kids you have no money for christmas gifts. I guess my question is, is do you or do you know of somewhere that helps in our situation?? Please help
Deanna h
Deanna

Pico Rivera, CA

#37 Dec 9, 2012
Hi my name is Deanna. My husband and I both work and are struggling to make ends meet. We have 4 amazing children. Hailey 12, Eric 11, Lucas 8 and Brooke 6. We don't want them to know how bad things are but we are worried they won't have christmas. I know christmas is not about the gifts and we have tried to show them that. But how do you tell your kids you have no money for christmas gifts. I guess my question is, is do you or do you know of somewhere that helps in our situation?? Please help
Deanna h
Eddyanddeanna@yahoo.com
Miss Manners

Los Angeles, CA

#38 Dec 9, 2012
Deanna wrote:
Hi my name is Deanna. My husband and I both work and are struggling to make ends meet. We have 4 amazing children. Hailey 12, Eric 11, Lucas 8 and Brooke 6. We don't want them to know how bad things are but we are worried they won't have christmas. I know christmas is not about the gifts and we have tried to show them that. But how do you tell your kids you have no money for christmas gifts?
Deanna h
Eddyanddeanna@yahoo.com
I think, in this instance, you just need to be honest. Children are very perceptive when it comes to their parents trying to cover up their own shortcomings, and continuing to lie only exacerbates your family's dysfunction.

Simply tell the children, mommy couldn't keep her knees together, daddy wasn't willing to not ejaculate in mommy, so now we have a family too large for daddy to support. Yes, it was stupid and selfish, but many adults are that way, and your mommy and daddy are no different. Remind them to be thankful they weren't born in most other parts of the world. Not being born in Syria is their xmas gift from God. Show them some videos on Youtube of a few hundred slaughtered Syrians to drive the point home for them. After viewing, encourage them all to sing a verse of "Silent Night" together, to drive the point home that they're actually very very blessed to live in a welfare state, where consequences are other people's problems, and even though you're too broke to afford xmas presents, you still have enough money and free time to beg for xmas presents from strangers via your internet account.

It sure beats hiding in a desert ditch in Syria, or making iPhones for 16 hours a day in an assembly line, in China! Your children's xmas gift is living in a country still dominated by white people and good old american leisure that accompanies countries with the same blessing, and that's still a good thing! Just don't brag about it in mixed company, and Merry Xmas!
proud mom

United States

#39 Dec 11, 2012
Hi my name is yvonne, I am a new mom my son is 3month hell be 4 on the 22. I live in seattle wa. I had been saving my money for the past couple of months. My house was robbed 3men came in with guns & took everything we had. Phones money babies. Piggy bank everything. I was looking for a family to adopt my son. I'm not asking for anything I just don't want the memory of my sons first christmas to be I couldn't do anything for him. Someone please contact me back tayboy2010@gmail.com
bystander

Studio City, CA

#41 Dec 12, 2012
proud mom wrote:
Hi my name is yvonne, I am a new mom my son is 3month hell be 4 on the 22. I live in seattle wa. I had been saving my money for the past couple of months. My house was robbed 3men came in with guns & took everything we had. Phones money babies. Piggy bank everything. I was looking for a family to adopt my son. I'm not asking for anything I just don't want the memory of my sons first christmas to be I couldn't do anything for him. Someone please contact me back tayboy2010@gmail.com
If the robbers didn't want him, why would any of us?!
miss manners

Los Angeles, CA

#43 Dec 13, 2012
proud mom wrote:
He's 3 months old, you moron. He's not going to remember squat about this xmas. He'll be happy with a shiny bottle cap, or a rubber band. Save your money, keep your knees together until you get a degree at whatever junior college, quit being an annoyance to responsible people this holiday, and merry xmas.
Noora

San Diego, CA

#45 Dec 17, 2012
i a single mother with 4 kids under the age of 7 3 girls and 1 year old son if u can please adopt my family this christmas and make my kids happy. if u can pleas help me with anything for my kids. they been asking me if i have got anything for christmas this year but i cant afford all of them. i hope someone will step up and help me this year. thank please contact me at nurtoomer@yahoo.com
michelle howard

United States

#46 Dec 22, 2012
Hi I have a boy 3yrs old and a girl 5yrs old we are in the process of transitioning to our own place. However we are excited but I do not have the funds to provide them with a christmas I am a low income mom a student at Berkeley City College your help would be greatly appreciated thankyou

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Segundo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Manhattan Beach to vote on FAA airspace plan (Oct '10) 1 hr ugh 24
Review: California Dustbusters Fri johnnywalker345 1
Young Man Believes Music Can Heal The World Thu Jesse Pinkman 163
Sheriff: Thief of Rudolph statue caught red-handed Wed Mitt s Baptism of... 2
Long Beach man strangles cat meant to be gift t... Dec 24 Allen 1
Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno... (Feb '13) Dec 23 Parent 1,304
Review: CAP Tactical Firearms Dec 21 PPC6MM 1

El Segundo News Video

El Segundo Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

El Segundo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

El Segundo News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in El Segundo

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News