DirecTV loses 17 Viacom channels

DirecTV loses 17 Viacom channels

There are 1 comment on the Cincinnati.com story from Jul 11, 2012, titled DirecTV loses 17 Viacom channels. In it, Cincinnati.com reports that:

Joey Votto anchors the National League lineup tonight in the All-Star Game, with Jay Bruce and Aroldis Chapman waiting in the wings.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cincinnati.com.

“Byte into an Apple”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#1 Jul 13, 2012
We have a totally anti-consumer entertainment media padaigm in this country! Broadcast entertainment (originally radio, then radio and television) was paid for by commercials. Listening to and watching advertising pitchs was the price we paid for the entertainment. Under that model, the "media conglomerates" (like Viacom) should have to pay the cable companies to carry their programming instead of the other way around. And WE (the screwed consumers) shouldn't have to pay a damn cent! Under the current system, we have to listen to and watch the damn commercials PLUS pay exorbitant prices to the cable companies PLUS pay the shake-down fees the cable companies pay the multi-billion dollar media conglomerates! What a RACKET!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Segundo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Proposed California climate deal takes aim at t... 2 hr Colonel Sanders 27
News $20,000 reward offered for missing California cat Jul 17 Nikki 1
Old 1970-1980s El Porto seafood restaurant wher... Jul 12 Don Moffet 4
News Venice's Fire Station Under Investigation for I... (Sep '11) Jul 11 Bigcb 5
Crooked and Corrupt Cops Jul 6 evil police 1
you never get out of hell Jul 6 evil police 1
repent for arresting mentally ill guy Jul 6 evil police 1

El Segundo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Segundo Mortgages