Calif. GOP Gov Race Tightens as Attacks Intensify

Jun 3, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: FoxNews.com

Meg Whitman's shot at the Republican gubernatorial nomination looked as easy as an eBay bid: Plunk down nearly $81 million and wait for the clock to run out.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of2,650
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
hunkie boy

Claremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

went with pozner, he is aggressive to debate brown,can you imagine haVING THE OLD BALD GAY JESUIT PRIEST BECOME GOV, AGAIN? NO GUN RIGHTS NO DEATH PENALTY, MASS GAY WEDDINGS WITH JERRY PRECIDING! scary!
Just Sayin
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

Meg Whitman is not qualified to run a state as large as some countries. What she thinks is an asset -- no experience in Sacramento -- is a failing. Oh, and the fact she's never voted.

“Fly low and avoid the penguins”

Since: Dec 09

Pasadena

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

Whitman--

Campain:$71 mil

Sunday morning infomercial: Priceless!!!
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
Meg Whitman is not qualified to run a state as large as some countries. What she thinks is an asset -- no experience in Sacramento -- is a failing. Oh, and the fact she's never voted.
Just Sayin.

So you believe California is being run well now, with all the "experienced politicians" in charge?

Ronald

Since: Apr 10

La Canada Flintridge, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
California need a business savvy person to fix our screwed up taxation and spending habits.

Not another politician ready to sign blank checks.
Peace

Simi Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

Can a Govenorship be bought?
Hell yes just watch!!!!
And she'll beat the old hippie too
helpingHand

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

Meg Whitman claims she knows how to create jobs - cause she did so at EBay. What that really means is that she knows how to join a growing company and not completely run it into the ground. Um, how much she pay for Skype and how much did EBay investors lose on that deal? Should we vote for her just because she has a lot of money?
DojoRat

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

Mass gay weddings... Yeah, that would be a travesty. Two people that love each other, it would be the end of the world.

I guess we would have turn to wholesome man/woman family values like Jon and Kate Plus 8 getting divorced live on tv. I want my kids watching that. lol
Peace

Simi Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

[QUOTE .
I guess we would have turn to wholesome man/woman family values like Jon and Kate Plus 8 getting divorced live on tv. I want my kids watching that. lol[/QUOTE]

Dont get me started on those 2 clowns.
The only talent she has is that she can pop out 8 kids and him, the only talent he has
is that he found someone ignorant enough
to have his kids.
What's said is that there are people in this world that think that qualifies them to be celebrities.
Peace

Simi Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

I meant SAD

What's SAD is that there are people in this world that think that qualifies them to be celebrities.
Just Sayin

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Just Sayin.
So you believe California is being run well now, with all the "experienced politicians" in charge?
Ronald
Arnold's not doing so hot....The problem is that the state is too large to govern. Putting a rookie in charge isn't the solution.

“Fly low and avoid the penguins”

Since: Dec 09

Pasadena

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

It doesn't matter who you put in there. The governer has no power.
Tim

Santa Maria, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

Meg Whitman is trying to win this election with private money like Obama did. Corruption danger like Obama is paying off contributions with government jobs.
Anon

Dublin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

CA is doomed, it is ungovernable.
The only thing that can save it is an AZ-style immigration law or Prop 187.

Too many leftist spendocrats for CA to ever be a successful state again. They have NO plan for what to do when all of the people and companies who pay most of the PI taxes in this state get fed up and leave.(As they are doing right now)

You couldn't raise prop tax and assorted fees enough to compensate for this flight, even if you quintupled all of them. Even if you were to just double the property tax rate it would drive 95% of homeowners into bankruptcy and the state would completely collapse.
DojoRat

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

Anon wrote:
Too many leftist spendocrats for CA to ever be a successful state again. They have NO plan for what to do when all of the people and companies who pay most of the PI taxes in this state get fed up and leave.(As they are doing right now)
You couldn't raise prop tax and assorted fees enough to compensate for this flight, even if you quintupled all of them. Even if you were to just double the property tax rate it would drive 95% of homeowners into bankruptcy and the state would completely collapse.
I agree that under current conditions, the state is doomed, but history tells us that things can and do change, sometimes remarkably fast.

Something will inevitably happen that will start to tilt the scales in the other direction. It's impossible to say what that event will be, but as I said, history tells us that it will eventually happen
Arnold

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

Anon wrote:
Gotta go with illegal enforcement, may not be, but should be a one issue election at all levels.
grumpy

Hartford, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

yep you got a lotttttttttt of people living off the state--they just take--don't try anything to turn their lives around--you people that pay taxes and have jobs better start getting together fore you lose it all
Anon

Dublin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

DojoRat wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that under current conditions, the state is doomed, but history tells us that things can and do change, sometimes remarkably fast.
Something will inevitably happen that will start to tilt the scales in the other direction. It's impossible to say what that event will be, but as I said, history tells us that it will eventually happen
I think you're being foolishly optimistic to make such assumptions that simply because the state is here today means it will be here in the future. That IS what you're saying, isn't it?

However, all things also come to an end. The state has never been in this situation before, with so many people, with the systems it it has, etc. Growth cannot be sustained forever. And all living things require sustenance. Thus we know that scarcity (of all consumables) is not some Dr Doom pessimism or paranoia; it is a mathematical certainty.

CA has reached what you might call a tipping point (if you haven't ever read the book, The Tipping Point, you might check it out). It explains basically (i am oversimplifying this immensely) why crises such as these can "suddenly" strike, because people are complacent until the signs are obvious and inescapable, but by then it is too late (past the tipping point).
Anon

Dublin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
yep you got a lotttttttttt of people living off the state--they just take--don't try anything to turn their lives around--you people that pay taxes and have jobs better start getting together fore you lose it all
I'm planning to move out of CA soon. Not sure where, but nearly all Western states are in better shape and have a better 10 year outlook than CA.
socalgawfer

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Judged:

Nobody running can save California.
Meg's lack of experience running something like California would be reflected by our current President and his mess.
Too many propositions with mandatory funding, and too many politicians giving away taxpayer money so they can stay in power

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of2,650
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent El Rio Discussions

Search the El Rio Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr sexy sadie 200,205
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 17 hr Punk a s Murabito 4,834
Review: Wilson, Shultz & Capp Tue Angela213 2
Raiders could face Rolando McClain in training ... Tue TexasRaider 5
Tishi Mata Jul 6 adrienne 3
back is so painful...more healty life provide Jul 3 Anonymous 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 2 skeets give more 7,839
•••
•••
•••
•••

El Rio Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000