District Atty. Office serving Canadian County

Posted in the El Reno Forum

Little bit of info

Yukon, OK

#1 Jan 25, 2012
It has been brought to my attention several times that there is an 'Exteame' backload of cases waiting on our Court Dockets! I know of one case that begun back in November '11'that has still not been "reviewed" by the D.A. office. It has been re-set 3 times because "NO-ONE" in the office had time to look at it. If the Atty Generals Office cant handle and dispose of some of these minor cases, Then how are they going to get to the cases that Will Require Preporation and time? I have been hearing excuses on others cases as to why? Some of the cases could be handled much more expeditiously! If these people dont want to, or cant handle the position they are in, then we as Voters need to make sure at Election time that "Thier Sevices" are no longer needed for this County! Lets stop waisting excessive amounts of time and finances on these men and women who just cant seem to get 'Thier' Job DONE!
Answers

Yukon, OK

#2 Jan 25, 2012
Little bit of info wrote:
It has been brought to my attention several times that there is an 'Exteame' backload of cases waiting on our Court Dockets! I know of one case that begun back in November '11'that has still not been "reviewed" by the D.A. office. It has been re-set 3 times because "NO-ONE" in the office had time to look at it. If the Atty Generals Office cant handle and dispose of some of these minor cases, Then how are they going to get to the cases that Will Require Preporation and time? I have been hearing excuses on others cases as to why? Some of the cases could be handled much more expeditiously! If these people dont want to, or cant handle the position they are in, then we as Voters need to make sure at Election time that "Thier Sevices" are no longer needed for this County! Lets stop waisting excessive amounts of time and finances on these men and women who just cant seem to get 'Thier' Job DONE!
The District Attorneys Office should have to answer why people are having to wait months and months to have a court date. I know for a fact one guy has been waiting months to go to court. His job is hanging in the balance. And the longer it gets drug out the harder it is going to be to keep his job. This man has 2 sons he takes care of, so it is something that should be of utmost concern. But all he is being told is 'The Attorney Generals Office hasnt had time to look over your case". In amost 3 MONTHS, REALLY!
Just Sayin

Fort Worth, TX

#3 Jan 27, 2012
My fiancÚ died as the result of a drinking and driving accident in Canadian county. I kept calling and calling their at least once a week to see y charges had not been filed on the individual that caused the accident. They didn't even have information on the individual and claimed they had no record of the accident and blamed it on highway patrol. After contacting highway patrol they brought up the records of the accident and said they turned the fatality over to Canadian county courthouse. Once again I called the court house and demanded they either find the records or ask that highway patrol resend them because even I had the reports stamped "fatality" on the top in bright red ink. Finally (over a year later) they filed charges. The court allowed the individual to keep rescheduling bc his attorney was "sick". Bull. Instead of being real victims advocates they treated me like complete crap. I requested numerous times that they call and inform me if they allowed court dates to be moved and they never did. They even lied to me when it finally came time sentence him and told me court had been rescheduled. Come to find out yes he finally did get sentenced. They r ridiculous and horrible people. I speak for the victims impact panel of Oklahoma and they said this courthouse is a joke. They could not believe how they treat people and said this isn't the first time they have heard of such things occurring. They need new people in those positions.
remember

Yukon, OK

#4 Feb 7, 2012
Yes everything I have seen in Canadian Co. judicial services is a Joke! How do they operate? Someone outside of this jurisdiction needs to take a look at the standards and proceedures in this county.I have also seen resets of cases that could and should have been disposed of on the initial court date. The money and time being waisted is ridiculous. Where are yours and my tax dollars being spent? Incompetance and overall lack of concern for thier jobs could be the main answer. I wont forget come Election time, neither should anyone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Reno Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) 19 hr NathanJames69 338
Massive Military Buildup Within America...WHY? 21 hr WeTheSheeple 1
Review: Midcon Data Services LLC Apr 22 Hono 1
News Two Earthquakes Shake Oklahoma Early Sunday Apr 20 Go Blue Forever 1
City Of Bethany.....Corrupt and Unprofessional ... (May '06) Apr 20 Bethany pigs suck 353
News Mother of injured teen seeks $27M in damages (Nov '08) Apr 20 Redgirl 57
News OKC Pharmacist Who Shot Robber Released - NewsO... (May '09) Apr 18 Sterkfontein Swar... 396
More from around the web

El Reno People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]