Overnight stabbing leaves one dead in...

Overnight stabbing leaves one dead in El Reno

There are 237 comments on the KFOR story from Mar 28, 2010, titled Overnight stabbing leaves one dead in El Reno. In it, KFOR reports that:

Early Sunday morning, police officials responded to a report of vandalism in the 300 block of West Hayes Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFOR.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
susan myers

Blanchard, OK

#1 Mar 28, 2010
my prayers and deepest sympathy goes out to the family of the victim. It is a shame that these young kids had to take it to the level of taking someones life, may god be with the families in this time of sorrow!
Grew Up in El Reno

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Mar 28, 2010
El Reno used to be a nice quiet, peaceful place to live and raise a family, where things like this very seldom happened. Unfortunately it's a sign of the times. I'm sorry for the family that lost a loved one and for the loss of innocence of a fine community.
Trooper

United States

#3 Mar 28, 2010
These guys are really dumb. I'm sure they will regret it! The dark skinned one will probably be dealt with more harshly by the legal system that the pretty white-skinned one.
grrcattle

United States

#4 Mar 28, 2010
Fresh meat for the prison inmates - they'll like that
dont judge

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Mar 28, 2010
Trooper wrote:
These guys are really dumb. I'm sure they will regret it! The dark skinned one will probably be dealt with more harshly by the legal system that the pretty white-skinned one.
why does it always have to be about color??? But if you really are a trooper than that explains it!!!! A young man lost his life this morning and now his family is grieving. If people would stop playing the race card on everything happening in the world maybe it would be a lil better out here....grow up and think about the kids these days they are our future!!!!!
dont judge

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Mar 28, 2010
but trooper u r right!!! it's sad that we as people have to think like that but again u r right!!!
Zay

El Reno, OK

#8 Mar 28, 2010
Thank you for your sympathy and prayers, I will make sure the family gets them. they are all taking it really hard, as you can imagine. Thank you very much for your prayers.
LAMWISE

Oklahoma City, OK

#9 Mar 28, 2010
THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO RUN FROM THEIR 'HUSBANDS' IN A TINY PRISON CELL.
SOMEONE SHOULD BUY THESE 'GIRLS' SOME SOAP-ON-A-ROPE...THEY'LL NEED IT.
Jim

El Reno, OK

#10 Mar 29, 2010
Why is it always about color, I don't know. We'll have to ask our President and Congress, why. They were the ones that put racial preferences in the healthcare reform bills. Making sure America continues on the racial divides.
I was always taught and taught my children to judge a person by their actions, not by what color they were. But I guess law is law and government makes laws that segregate us by the color of our skin...we'll just have to be good Americans and learn to hate each other because our skin pigment doesn't match.
We all need to get together and let our elected ones know we don't want to go backwards 100 years in society.

What has happened to El Reno? I relocated my family to become permanent fixtures in El Reno to get AWAY from this crap in the City. Instead, we have a nutcase that killed an entire young family. Someone still at large from killing an old man that resided by the nursing home. Stabbings. I heard gunshots a couple days ago from who knows where. Remodeling my house, do I put up siding or sandbags?
Am I in a small town community with churches on almost every street or am I in the hood, waiting my turn to be shot or mugged now?

People, we need to fight back and resist this. Never in my life have I lived in a town with such dark streets. Turn on your porch lights and make it harder for these guys to prowl without being seen. See someone on your street that doesn't belong or looks suspicious? Step outside and wave "hello" to them. They will know someone sees them. If that doesn't work call the cops to check them out, El Reno passed city ordinances that allow the police to check them out. You or your neighbor doesn't have to become a victim.

Use your cell phones and take a picture of the badguys. There's no 'my word against theirs' in the 21st century, show the cops the picture or video you took. Fight back and make your streets safe again.

It is OUR responsibility as a community to keep each other safe. Don't simply lock your doors and hide in your house....take your whole street back.

El Reno is a good town full of good people. Time for us to get together as a town and take out the trash and stop getting on the news. El Reno isn't a haven for the dirtbags.
Yeah right

Montgomery, AL

#11 Mar 29, 2010
It's obvious that the white kid was either framed or coerced by force by the guy who looks like Troy Polamalu. He looks like a fine upstanding citizen. Surely he is innocent. The dark guy... obviously guilty.
Blue

United States

#12 Mar 29, 2010
Yeah right wrote:
It's obvious that the white kid was either framed or coerced by force by the guy who looks like Troy Polamalu. He looks like a fine upstanding citizen. Surely he is innocent. The dark guy... obviously guilty.
You got it- the fine white son is always innocent. Take a look at his picture- it says "I'll get away with this".
blondie56

Montgomery, AL

#13 Mar 29, 2010
Once again lets throw the race card...
blondie56

Montgomery, AL

#14 Mar 29, 2010
Don't Judge well Trooper maybe right but also you need to check the facts..
joe

Oklahoma City, OK

#15 Mar 29, 2010
Bottom line is that I live in El Reno,used to be alot better, but it is being taken over by the crappy stories like this and the free loading cheyenne arapahoes.
cwilson

United States

#16 Mar 29, 2010
I ask you this do any of you even know what color the victim was? Everyone should really understand that crime does not discriminate. It can happen to anyone no matter color, relegion, sexual preference etc... I am related to the young victim. I am not going to judge either of these young men as it is not my place to do so. I also do not look at what color a person is to determine their involvement. I think we have to look at some key facts in addition to throwing the color card. We have had more people of my race as serial killers, rapist, and child pedophiles. However that is an opinion of my own. So in this time of grieving for our family, I would hope that people would just pray for the families of the victim as well as the two men being held for this crime. Our family has suffered a great loss but in our hearts he is in a much better place. I say to pray for the two victims families because they did not choose for their son, brother or maybe even father to go out and do this. Those families will suffer from shame and grief. No matter what all the families will suffer through this for along time to come. Thank You for your prayers.
Sadness

Union City, OK

#17 Mar 29, 2010
And the world will never see Entyce Champagne again... :(
El Reno

Oklahoma City, OK

#18 Mar 29, 2010
I dont' think you can judge a town as a whole based on the behavior of a couple of people. This wasn't a random crime. these people had a history. It's not like they are walking around mugging at will. El Reno is a good town and the majority of people are law abiding citizens working to make the town a better place to live. If feel bad for this young man's family but if you play with criminals, bad things are bound to happen to you.
Proud Cheyenne Woman

Woodward, OK

#19 Mar 29, 2010
joe wrote:
Bottom line is that I live in El Reno,used to be alot better, but it is being taken over by the crappy stories like this and the free loading cheyenne arapahoes.
Now how did the Cheyenne and Arapahoes get drug into this? You know not all of us are freeloading Natives, and another thing i myself see alot of White folks standing on the corner with their signs asking for a free handout, so wouldn't you think that is the same for all races? I believe that every race is equivelant when it comes to money. I believe that there is a time in everyone's life when we all hit a rut and money is hard to come by. I am a proud Cheyenne woman and everything I own I worked very hard for and I wouldn't have learned that if it wasn't for my Ancestors. SO before you start putting my people down take a look at yours first, no one is perfect.
I just wanted to tell the family that, God is with you everystep of the way. You will be in my prayers.
Daddy

Woodward, OK

#20 Mar 29, 2010
Weeeeeh... Gettin Mad
Reneck girl

Shawnee, OK

#21 Mar 29, 2010
I must agree with the people that are asking, Why do we always throw the race card? This crime probaly had nothing to do race. These kids are all products of what we as society are creating. How Sad is that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Reno Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 1 hr deafnfdumb 3
News Atheists plan 2018 gathering in Oklahoma City 6 hr Okie 11
News Investigation continues in OKC firefighter's ar... Sun privateclub 1
News Oklahoma City chase suspect says he "ran from p... Dec 7 God Innocent Here 4
Al Franken is gone Dec 7 FBI Dirty - Trump... 1
News Cleveland County Salvation Army kicks off Chris... Nov 26 sosospooked 15
News Bice bill eyes school administration for cuts Oct '17 no wondering just... 1

El Reno Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Reno Mortgages