So honestly, what is there to do in El Paso

Posted in the El Paso Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Not from El Paso

El Paso, TX

#1 Dec 6, 2011
I've read several topics hating on El Paso, and theres always a few people on standby ready to trump up how great El Paso is, and all the great things to do here. Now, don't misconstrue what I am saying and think this is another hate post, I am simply inquiring as to exactly WHAT there is to do in El Paso on a day-to-day basis. Listening to the radio, the ONLY NON-Spanish/Hip-hop station it sems (KLAQ) I know they occasionally host events such as the river raft, but thats a once a year thing, I'm looking for more of an everyday available thing as I said.

Lemme spill some background, I am in the military, been stationed at Bliss for the last two years. I've hiked over the Franklin mountains, drove Transmountain and Scenic Drive, rode the tram, been to adventure zone on the westside, walked through every single mall, gone to all the movie theaters, even been in the Union Plaza and walked BY the clubs, briefly. Even though I met my wife in Sunland Park, and she is more fluent in Spanish than myself, AND she has lived here the majority of her life, we simply can't seem to find much to do. Go to a mall? Jam packed with people who are hardly literate in English, and think just because my wife is brown that it is proper to immediately address her in Spanish. yes, she speaks it, but it's still rude to assume its her prefferred language (it's not), and it's doubly rude because now I am in the dark as to what you, stranger, are talking to my wife about. Actually we have that problem everywhere, not just the mall, and especially at Wal-Mart. We'll go somewhere, I will ask an employee a question, they look at me, look at her, and start speaking fucking spanish. That kind of treatment really does nothing to improve my disposition to this place or it's people, but I try to be civil because I was raised better than to just start cursing people out for relatively minor slights (in the grand scheme of things, anyways).

Furthermore, it's not just the el paso locals that treat us rather shitty, the attitude on post is no better, what with all the people with this being their first foray into a civilization besides their little backwoods town, and the concept of an interracial couple simply being inconceivable to them. the amount of stares we get when we go out in public, really just makes me wish it were legal to punch people in the face for being ignorant wankers.

So, back to my original point, what is there to do in El paso and, hell, even the surrounding area (specifically the 250 mile radius military can go without the god awful process of putting in a mileage pass for a weekend.)
Things

El Paso, TX

#2 Dec 6, 2011
Try Horse back riding, they even take you to one of Billy's hideouts. It is a couple hrs ride and and not on some trail. The place is about 45 minutes away.

Friday's Times has a whole section of things to see or do. Art, eats, shows, etc.

El Paso is no different from any other city, you have to just look around.

To heck with the stares, theyre going to look regardless. When the employees ignore you, tell them YOU are yhe one asking and your wife should respond in English to respond to you. Wal Mart are hired on the basis of being bi-lingual. If they deny that, ask for a supervisor. Guarantee the supervisor will find out why they cant speak English.

Just ignore the fools and enjoy yourself.
GI in HELL paso

El Paso, TX

#4 Dec 6, 2011
Not from El Paso wrote:
I've read several topics hating on El Paso, and theres always a few people on standby ready to trump up how great El Paso is, and all the great things to do here. Now, don't misconstrue what I am saying and think this is another hate post, I am simply inquiring as to exactly WHAT there is to do in El Paso on a day-to-day basis. Listening to the radio, the ONLY NON-Spanish/Hip-hop station it sems (KLAQ) I know they occasionally host events such as the river raft, but thats a once a year thing, I'm looking for more of an everyday available thing as I said.
Lemme spill some background, I am in the military, been stationed at Bliss for the last two years. I've hiked over the Franklin mountains, drove Transmountain and Scenic Drive, rode the tram, been to adventure zone on the westside, walked through every single mall, gone to all the movie theaters, even been in the Union Plaza and walked BY the clubs, briefly. Even though I met my wife in Sunland Park, and she is more fluent in Spanish than myself, AND she has lived here the majority of her life, we simply can't seem to find much to do. Go to a mall? Jam packed with people who are hardly literate in English, and think just because my wife is brown that it is proper to immediately address her in Spanish. yes, she speaks it, but it's still rude to assume its her prefferred language (it's not), and it's doubly rude because now I am in the dark as to what you, stranger, are talking to my wife about. Actually we have that problem everywhere, not just the mall, and especially at Wal-Mart. We'll go somewhere, I will ask an employee a question, they look at me, look at her, and start speaking fucking spanish. That kind of treatment really does nothing to improve my disposition to this place or it's people, but I try to be civil because I was raised better than to just start cursing people out for relatively minor slights (in the grand scheme of things, anyways).
Furthermore, it's not just the el paso locals that treat us rather shitty, the attitude on post is no better, what with all the people with this being their first foray into a civilization besides their little backwoods town, and the concept of an interracial couple simply being inconceivable to them. the amount of stares we get when we go out in public, really just makes me wish it were legal to punch people in the face for being ignorant wankers.
So, back to my original point, what is there to do in El paso and, hell, even the surrounding area (specifically the 250 mile radius military can go without the god awful process of putting in a mileage pass for a weekend.)
Look for something to do you numbnuts. Ask your CO, go to the library or check with the chamber of commerce. Are you really that stupid or are you just lazy?
HaHaHaJaJaJa

United States

#5 Dec 6, 2011
Please dont end up on a corner begging for spare change like the rest of the Stinky Hungry Homeless Vets. How many women and children have you killed whimp?
HaHaHaJaJaJa

AOL

#6 Dec 6, 2011
i am not bery smart
Vietnam Vet

United States

#7 Dec 7, 2011
HaHaHaJaJaJa wrote:
Please dont end up on a corner begging for spare change like the rest of the Stinky Hungry Homeless Vets. How many women and children have you killed whimp?
What is the matter , are you afraid the someone will take your place and street corner . Have no fear you all ready have your food stamps and welfare . I know the circle flies are with you .
JWRussell

El Paso, TX

#8 Dec 7, 2011
I go crabbing at the Franklin Canal.
Desert

El Paso, TX

#9 Dec 7, 2011
You have miles and miles of desert for....

shooting
dirt bikein
4-wheelin
metal detecting/treasure hunting

Or just the desert after a summer rain or a winter snow and a few beers with mamma pulled up close.
NeedMore

El Paso, TX

#10 Dec 8, 2011
JWRussell wrote:
I go crabbing at the Franklin Canal.
I go crabbing at Jaguars.
Vietnam Vet

United States

#11 Dec 8, 2011
I know what I want to do ! I want to find HaHaHaJaJaJa and take him to the ZOO and feed the animals . But I don't know what kind of animal eats tainted food . And I sure don't want to make the animals sick .
mary

Mesa, AZ

#12 Dec 10, 2011
HaHaHaJaJaJa wrote:
Stfu you wish you were half the men and woman that are vet you gutless coward
Vietnam Vet

El Paso, TX

#13 Dec 10, 2011
mary wrote:
<quoted text>Stfu you wish you were half the men and woman that are vet you gutless coward

No you STFU!!! Today's vets are nothing more than self entitiled crybabies always wanting someone to pick up their tab - mainly uncle sam. Go to hell lady.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#15 Dec 10, 2011
Vietnam Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
No you STFU!!! Today's vets are nothing more than self entitiled crybabies always wanting someone to pick up their tab - mainly uncle sam. Go to hell lady.
Wrong you STFU. Now what was this topic about? Things to do in ElPaso,Texas. Make a comment about the article at hand or stay away. I really do think you are a Vietnam Vet though. A Viet Cong Vet so you go to hell.
Vietnam Vet

El Paso, TX

#16 Dec 10, 2011
Mr_D_ ElPaso wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong you STFU. Now what was this topic about? Things to do in ElPaso,Texas. Make a comment about the article at hand or stay away. I really do think you are a Vietnam Vet though. A Viet Cong Vet so you go to hell.
After you're daughter is done kissing my ballsac we can discuss this like men otherwise mind your own dang business you deck ape.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#17 Dec 10, 2011
Vietnam Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
After you're daughter is done kissing my ballsac we can discuss this like men otherwise mind your own dang business you deck ape.
I have said this before many times I don't have any daughters OK. Now go back home to Viet Nam. Or stay on the topic at hand is what is there to do in ElPaso. Ok I'am going back to minding my own business. Which is not dealing with morons like you on this topic someone else yes but not no Viet Cong Vet as you.
ima

El Paso, TX

#18 Dec 10, 2011
Mr_D_ ElPaso wrote:
<quoted text> I have said this before many times I don't have any daughters OK. Now go back home to Viet Nam. Or stay on the topic at hand is what is there to do in ElPaso. Ok I'am going back to minding my own business. Which is not dealing with morons like you on this topic someone else yes but not no Viet Cong Vet as you.
You are so twisted distorted which must me due to your homosexuality. Hence the reason why you were kicked out of the service.
Wild boy

Kermit, TX

#20 Jun 28, 2012
Well due to the disturbance on this site if you do not stay on track that meens you are getting to carried away with another subject and if you keep getting carried away the people that are arguing are obviously a bunch of retardes.&#128545;&#12 8127;&#128125;
Speak English Renteria

United States

#21 Jul 1, 2012
The imbecile Ramon Renteria continues to write columns in Spanish in the now 2 dollar roll of toilet paper that is the El Paso Times. It garbage like this that leads people to believe this is Mexico
Mexicanamerican

El Paso, TX

#22 Mar 24, 2013
Speak English Renteria wrote:
The imbecile Ramon Renteria continues to write columns in Spanish in the now 2 dollar roll of toilet paper that is the El Paso Times. It garbage like this that leads people to believe this is Mexico
Wow, why so much hate?
Hey

El Paso, TX

#23 Mar 24, 2013
Mexicanamerican wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, why so much hate?
As Rodney King once said in English I might add " Why can't we all get along" Hey by the way Mexicanamercian what is the offical language of the Unitrd States of Amercia?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is L Morales An INFILTRATOR IMPOSTER 1 hr huey goins 4
I hate El Paso! (Jan '08) 2 hr JWRussell USRN 1,523
Ugly El Paso Hairstyle 4 hr huey goins 6
Blessing planned for headstone of fetus found i... 4 hr L Morales 10
Yvonne Caldera (Aug '12) 6 hr Becky Martinez 22
Hookers in El Paso (Aug '12) 6 hr Becky Martinez 111
DONT PLAY TEXAS LOTTERY_ITs Rig (Dec '11) 8 hr Ay Chihuahua 41
El Paso Dating
Find my Match

El Paso Jobs