Some gay-rights foes claim they now are bullied

Jun 11, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Contra Costa Times

In this Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2009 file picture, New York state Sen. Ruben Diaz, D-Bronx, right, speaks during a debate over same-sex marriage in the New York state Senate at the Capitol in Albany, N.Y. Diaz complained in May 2011 that he's received death threats because he opposes legislation to legalize same-sex marriage.

Comments
11,621 - 11,640 of 12,363 Comments Last updated May 30, 2014
flammmmmmmer

Tewksbury, MA

#12538 Dec 2, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>It is spelled flamer you mexicant pendejo.
Thank goodness I have a flamer with spellcheck to correct my spelling. Is it still wrong?
TheTroll Stopper

Roanoke, VA

#12539 Dec 2, 2012
flammer wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, you are not gay,
I see your feeble brain can't comprehend the idea of one your fellow heterosexuals supporting the gay-rights movement, much like Southern whites of the 1950s and 60s were similarly confounded to see some of their fellow Caucasians supporting the black civil rights movement and dismissed them as "race traitors" or "n***erlovers". The more things change...
What

El Paso, TX

#12540 Dec 2, 2012
flammmmmmmer wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank goodness I have a flamer with spellcheck to correct my spelling. Is it still wrong?
No way maricon, it's gaydar. You're off the wall gay trying so hard to bash the gays. Just stfu gay boy and leave well enough alone.
fameretardant

Tewksbury, MA

#12541 Dec 2, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>No way maricon, it's gaydar. You're off the wall gay trying so hard to bash the gays. Just stfu gay boy and leave well enough alone.
They say that only gay guys have gaydar. You are revealing a lot about yourself.
What

El Paso, TX

#12542 Dec 2, 2012
fameretardant wrote:
<quoted text>
They say that only gay guys have gaydar. You are revealing a lot about yourself.
Who is "they"? A closet homosexual like you no doubt.
flameretardant

Tewksbury, MA

#12543 Dec 2, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text> Who is "they"? A closet homosexual like you no doubt.
People in general. It's a good thing you are coming to terms with your true nature. Leave the gay people alone. Pobresitos, they have many issues as it is. Gaydar? Hehehehehehehhe
TheTroll Stopper

Roanoke, VA

#12544 Dec 2, 2012
flameretardant wrote:
<quoted text>
People in general.
Oh, you mean THESE "people in general"?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/154529/half-americ...

snip: "Fifty percent of Americans believe same-sex marriages should be recognized by law as valid, with the same rights as traditional marriages"
flameretardant wrote:
It's a good thing you are coming to terms with your true nature. Leave the gay people alone. Pobresitos, they have many issues as it is.
Every respected medical and mental-health organization on the planet agrees that homosexuality isn't inherently harmful, isn't a choice and can't be changed, and so therefore it's gay-bashers like you who have the "issues". I'll gladly take their scientifically proven, peer-reviewed word for it over the word of a knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing Neanderthal bigot like you any old day of the week.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#12545 Dec 2, 2012
Not Yet Equal wrote:
Treating gay people equally under the law doesn't require any change in the current marriage laws other than changing who can participate to include same sex couples who meet all of the other qualifications. No other new laws are required.
Churches can already marry who they choose and reject anyone they choose including members of their own congregations. Yet many churches already recognize marriage equality and perform marriages in their churches. Marriage equality will not force any church to perform marriages, while laws prohibiting marriage equality restrict those churches from practicing their religion as they see fit.
You can claim they are equal, but they are not the same. Never will be. Makes it impossible to be equal. No law can change that.

Not trying to be difficult, just simple reality.
TheTroll Stopper

Roanoke, VA

#12546 Dec 2, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You can claim they are equal, but they are not the same. Never will be. Makes it impossible to be equal.
Your opinion, bigot boy. We'll all take that for what it's worth.
KiMare wrote:
No law can change that.
Fortunately, your kind is growing more discredited by the day. The fact that your beloved DOMA is getting struck down in one federal court after another is all the proof we need.
THAT'S the simple reality, bigot boy.
RomneyBlewMe

Woodside, NY

#12547 Dec 2, 2012
flammer wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, you are not gay, it's one of your friends, right? Wink wink
Hey, if I was gay, I wouldn't keep it a secret, because it's nothing to be ashamed of. It's conservative republicans who always get caught with their wieners out in mens rooms (ala Larry Craig), yet swear up and down that they're straight (remember, Larry takes a wide stance).

Calling me gay isn't an insult, but calling me a conservative IS.
BigBalled Bob

Woodside, NY

#12548 Dec 2, 2012
fameretardant wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, "they" do, do "they"?

See you at the rest stop, sweetie.
BigBalled Bob

Woodside, NY

#12549 Dec 2, 2012
flammmmmmmer wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a flamer? Where do you two live?
BigBalled Bob

Woodside, NY

#12550 Dec 2, 2012
revolving door wrote:
<quoted text>
Why's it so important? What if we just ablolish marraige to make the gay community happy? Marriage is over-rated. I don't want the right to own and carry guns. That right is yours, mine and the gay guys.
How do you propose we make marriage of gay people work? Let's pass a law making it good. Does that satisfy the need? What will follow that? I'mthinking less work is needed to let gays marry. The problem is that the churches, which tend to be marriage institutions don't like it. Does civil marriage through a cour t work? I'm all for it. As for convincing the churches so that one guy wears the suit and one the dress, that's gonna take some time.
So rather than sit here complaining, what's the path forward? What must happen in order for your dream to come true? Who do you have to influence? Where will you get the biggest bang for your buck? Topix? Probably not.
What"s your plan for making this happen, or are we just talking poop?
It's none of your business why something is important to someone else.

Why are your nuts important to you? I could care less about them.
What

El Paso, TX

#12551 Dec 2, 2012
Previous comments posted by idiot too stupid to develop his own moniker
What

Tewksbury, MA

#12552 Dec 2, 2012
BigBalled Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
It's none of your business why something is important to someone else.
Why are your nuts important to you? I could care less about them.
Sure it is. The fight is lack of equality. I want to know what and how.

As for your invite to the truck stop, aren't you the one they call Dyson? Pretty scarey. A vacuum cleaner around nuts. Better stay away.
What

El Paso, TX

#12553 Dec 2, 2012
Comment 12552 posted by idiot too stupid to develop his own moniker

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#12554 Dec 3, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You can claim they are equal, but they are not the same. Never will be. Makes it impossible to be equal. No law can change that.
No two marriages are the same, just as no two people are exactly the same. Your belief ignores this reality. Yet you fail to show how all same sex marriages are different from all opposite sex marriages, other than the gender combinations.

While the law cannot make any two marriages equal to each other in all aspects, treating them equally under the law is a matter of basic fairness, fulfilling the spirit of our founding documents and constitution.
What

El Paso, TX

#12555 Dec 3, 2012
Comment 12553 and 12551 posted by idiot who is stalking my ballsac. Take note, he will post again chasing after my balls!
Anne Ominous

Sayre, PA

#12556 Dec 3, 2012
revolving door wrote:
The bottom line is that a standard damily is mom, dad and kids. Divorce has forced many single parent families. 2 moms or 2 dads isn't normal.
A divorced family is not ideal but can still provide a mother/father role model. Even a single parent can see to that by making sure that the child has a well rounded upbringing.
Anne Ominous

Sayre, PA

#12557 Dec 3, 2012
Romneyblewme wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people are "perfectly free", huh?
Are they perfectly free to marry one another?
Yes, as free as anyone else in a given jurisdiction.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr fubar 22,308
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr fubar 17,890
Anti-illegal immigration Border Convoy headed t... 4 hr wild child 430
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 4 hr That Fart Guy 770
Friday Night Live: Get updates from El Paso-are... 10 hr L Morales 3
if all the mexicans go back to mexico america w... (Jan '08) 15 hr NMx 596
Should Petro be Banned from this Forum? (Aug '12) 17 hr Lawnmowermaster 2,136
•••
•••
•••

El Paso Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

El Paso People Search