Some gay-rights foes claim they now are bullied

Jun 11, 2011 Full story: Contra Costa Times 12,365

In this Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2009 file picture, New York state Sen. Ruben Diaz, D-Bronx, right, speaks during a debate over same-sex marriage in the New York state Senate at the Capitol in Albany, N.Y. Diaz complained in May 2011 that he's received death threats because he opposes legislation to legalize same-sex marriage.

Read more
Anne Ominous

Berkshire, NY

#12498 Nov 30, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The study compared seven family types. It was the largest, broadest long term study to date.
The studies you site have been debunked for numerous reasons, not to mention they were primarily conducted by lesbians, and had no control groups, let alone male gay couples.
You know this, and continue to misrepresent both sides. Sad.
A Legitimate cause would not need this.
Spot on!
Anne Ominous

Berkshire, NY

#12499 Nov 30, 2012
revolving door wrote:
You gotta be kidding me. You think kids don't talk about this stuff?
Seriously, LOL.

When I was in sixth grade one kid brought in black and white photographs his parents took of themselves doing you know what.

If I had had two parent of the same sex I probably would have walked in front of a truck rather than face my peers.
Anne Ominous

Berkshire, NY

#12500 Nov 30, 2012
I forgot to add - do you think he would have brought in the pictures if they were of his two dads?

LOL

:)
revolving door

Tewksbury, MA

#12501 Nov 30, 2012
Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, LOL.
When I was in sixth grade one kid brought in black and white photographs his parents took of themselves doing you know what.
If I had had two parent of the same sex I probably would have walked in front of a truck rather than face my peers.
I clearly remember my friend's sister came out with a gigantic rubber donger. We were pretty small. She was playing with it and obviously didn't know what it was. The rest of us thought we knew. We found out what it was. Holy cow. That thing was donkey size.

Guys used to bring all kinds of stuff to school. So, kids don't talk about these things? Yeah right.

Heck, kids were nailing in elementary school.
revolving door

Tewksbury, MA

#12502 Nov 30, 2012
Anne Ominous wrote:
I forgot to add - do you think he would have brought in the pictures if they were of his two dads?
LOL
:)
I don't know, but I'm sure you all were amazed and curious. Had it been dad and dad, your friend would have never heard the end of it.

Kids are funny and curious creatures.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#12503 Dec 1, 2012
Kimare'a wrote;

The study compared seven family types. It was the largest, broadest long term study to date.

The studies you site have been debunked for numerous reasons, not to mention they were primarily conducted by lesbians, and had no control groups, let alone male gay couples.

Not Yet Equal wrote:
Legal discrimination is not a legitimate cause.
Equal treatment under the law as required by the constitution is a legitimate cause.
You totally ignore the fact that you lied.

Now you continue your deception with a distortion.

The evolutionary mating behavior expressed by the cultural constraint of marriage is exactly opposite the evolutionary defect of homosexuality.

Hardly a issue of discrimination with such a vast distinction.

Moreover, duplicate genders do not need the same protections and rights that children and mothers who primarily care-take do. Quit trying to take advantage of these women and children. Man up!!!

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#12504 Dec 1, 2012
KiMare wrote:
Kimare'a wrote;
<quoted text>
You totally ignore the fact that you lied.
Now you continue your deception with a distortion.
The evolutionary mating behavior expressed by the cultural constraint of marriage is exactly opposite the evolutionary defect of homosexuality.
Hardly a issue of discrimination with such a vast distinction.
Moreover, duplicate genders do not need the same protections and rights that children and mothers who primarily care-take do. Quit trying to take advantage of these women and children. Man up!!!
You have mastered the art of projection, doing the very thing you accuse in others.

Over 30 years of research show the determining factor for success is the relationship between parent and child, not the gender of the parent. These studies include studies based on heterosexual families only, in addition to studies that show children do as well in same sex parent homes.

While methodological criticisms can be found for most studies, they do not necessarily negate the entire study. Your study for example still shows stability in a relationship is important while failing to show only heterosexual parents are good and gay parents are bad. It does not support your prejudice.

Your desire to harm same sex families through denial of legal equality is unjustifiable.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#12505 Dec 1, 2012
revolving door wrote:
You gotta be kidding me. You think kids don't talk about this stuff? Even little kids are curious. Sticking your head in the ground doesn't change reality. Yes, kids talk about stuff like that. They are very smart little people even at a young age. Remember that we are not in the age of Playboys anymore. Everything is readily accessible on the internet.
You bet, kids learn from everyone. It's hardly the same to be raised by one parent or grandparents. No matter how many laws we pass, kids are rough and cruel when they are coming up.
Yup, and kids talk about being beat or mistreated to friends and family. Is it always outright direct? Nope. Still not a simple thing to have 2 moms or 2 dads. Confuses kids.
You say it is irrational and unsupportable, but it is reality. Where did you go to grade school? Kids are cruel.
I think fair treatment is a good thing. Equal treatment. There are too many places where it simply isn't equal. If you are a man, you are treated as a man and if you are a woman you are treated as a woman. I don't think that anyone will argue that the kids won't get love or be provided for. They will also have to deal with a lot of tough reality. It is what it is.
The logical solution is not always the practical solution. Yes, in a utopian world, everyone would be nice to everyone. We would all earn equal pay. We would all be equally talented and everything would be great. Back to reality. Reality says that no number of laws, papers or trainings will make this situation easy and definitely not equal. Fai. I think we can get there.
You recommend talking to kids about sex at 3-5 years of age? Formal education tends to begin very early now a days. You can control what Billy knows at home, but you have no control of what Billy will learn away from home. A very tough situation to put a kid in a gay home. I'm not saying it's wrong. That is all subjective and relative to the home. Knock yourself out, but it doesn't take away the rough position that you put a kid in.
I suppose, as an adult, if you are gay, it's ok. Why put a kid through what a gay person must've gone through growing up?
This is by far not a simple issue to address or fix.
How does denial of equal treatment under the law change any of that for the better?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#12506 Dec 1, 2012
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
You have mastered the art of projection, doing the very thing you accuse in others.
Over 30 years of research show the determining factor for success is the relationship between parent and child, not the gender of the parent. These studies include studies based on heterosexual families only, in addition to studies that show children do as well in same sex parent homes.
While methodological criticisms can be found for most studies, they do not necessarily negate the entire study. Your study for example still shows stability in a relationship is important while failing to show only heterosexual parents are good and gay parents are bad. It does not support your prejudice.
Your desire to harm same sex families through denial of legal equality is unjustifiable.
You belie your cause again.

I projected nothing.

I have consistently required studies that publish their methodology, and accept only those that do so in legitimate ways. Never once did anyone including you, meet my challenge to provide specific studies that proved what you falsely assert.

Moreover, legitimate studies have shown that no 'family' type matches natural parents. The suggestion that duplicate genders, always missing at least one birth parent measure up to biological parents, let alone any alternative, not only defies the facts, it defies common sense.

Your sole mantra of equality is consistently undermined by the facts. Get real.

:-)
revolving door

Tewksbury, MA

#12507 Dec 1, 2012
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
How does denial of equal treatment under the law change any of that for the better?
Who is denying you fair treatment? You cannot have equal treatment. We are not comparing equally. In the normal case, you have an apple and an orange. In the other case you have two apples or two oranges.

What part of inequality do you feel is not there? People are not going to be nice to you regardless of the number of laws passed. It is different and you simply will not make everyone accept that gay people are people regardless of how much you gripe and complain about equality.

You went away from the poor choice of putting a child into one of these relationships. It's a bad deal. What do you think about equal treatment for kids? My neighbors are two gay women. One was not apparently at some point cause she's got kids. Guess what. Nice people. The daughter sleeps with everyone at 14. The son looks like a bull dyke but appears to be gay. Yeah, great influence on the kids.
Mother of Anne

Pompano Beach, FL

#12508 Dec 1, 2012
Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, LOL.
Now Anne, how do you think your face got that way in the first place?
shang guan rui en

Kunming, China

#12509 Dec 1, 2012
We pity you for not finding acceptance among the opposite sex, whether it be because you're too fat, too ugly, too dumb, or your genitalia is too small, but this "born gay" thing has really gone too far. You're not fooling anyone. You chose gay because you had no other alternative, kind of like a fat white girl who settles for a knee grow; it was the best she/you could do.
Anne Ominous

Berkshire, NY

#12510 Dec 1, 2012
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>

No one desires to "harm" anyone. No one is being "denied equality".

We seek to preserve what we have enjoyed for the future generations to come.

Family is Dad, Mom, Children. There is no such thing as a "same sex family".
Anne Ominous

Berkshire, NY

#12511 Dec 1, 2012
revolving door wrote:
<quoted text>

People are not going to be nice to you regardless of the number of laws passed.the kids.
Indeed, if the feel that are hated NOW just imagine what would happen if the laws are changed unilaterally.
revolving door

Tewksbury, MA

#12512 Dec 1, 2012
The bottom line is that a standard damily is mom, dad and kids. Divorce has forced many single parent families. 2 moms or 2 dads isn't normal. No matter how you spin it, call it equality or what you want, 2 of 1 kind doesn't fit society well and does not fit at all for having kids.

If you were destined to have and raise kids, you'd be able to bare them as a pair of women or a pair of men. As we all know, it's not possible to procreate without a woman and a man. That appears to be the way that the creator designed it. I don't believe the Dude figured on same sex marriages creating or raising kids.

Be happy that people don't bother you too much and be conten with your gayness, but don't expect everyone to kneel down at your feet accepting your situation. Move on and stop crying about equality. You will never be equally treated to a standard family couple. Men will be treated as men and women as women.
Romneyblewme

United States

#12513 Dec 1, 2012
Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
No one desires to "harm" anyone. No one is being "denied equality".
We seek to preserve what we have enjoyed for the future generations to come.
Family is Dad, Mom, Children. There is no such thing as a "same sex family".
Slave owners used to say the same thing..." we seek to preserve what we have enjoyed for future generations..."

Anne, you're a, pathetic old fossil who is seeing her narrow little world evaporate....and I live it!
El Gran Bobooso

Tewksbury, MA

#12514 Dec 1, 2012
Romneyblewme wrote:
<quoted text>
Slave owners used to say the same thing..." we seek to preserve what we have enjoyed for future generations..."
Anne, you're a, pathetic old fossil who is seeing her narrow little world evaporate....and I live it!
You are not even close in comparisson. Slaves were owned by people. That is not a good thing. Gay people are not owned or traded by anyone. Don't mix apples and oranges. Get off it already. Gay people are perfectly free. Just don't expect everyone to like it.

What other parts of equality do gay people want? Someone name a few, because all I hear is people being crybabies. Cowboy up and list 'em.
Romneyblewme

United States

#12515 Dec 1, 2012
El Gran Bobooso wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not even close in comparisson. Slaves were owned by people. That is not a good thing. Gay people are not owned or traded by anyone. Don't mix apples and oranges. Get off it already. Gay people are perfectly free. Just don't expect everyone to like it.
What other parts of equality do gay people want? Someone name a few, because all I hear is people being crybabies. Cowboy up and list 'em.
Gay people are "perfectly free", huh?

Are they perfectly free to marry one another?
Romneyblewme

United States

#12516 Dec 1, 2012
El Gran Bobooso wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't expect a sh*tkicker like you to understand my writing.

Idiots like you think that freedom begins and ends with gun rights. You're all abunch of terrified white pusseez.
El Gran Bobooso

Tewksbury, MA

#12517 Dec 1, 2012
Romneyblewme wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people are "perfectly free", huh?
Are they perfectly free to marry one another?
Marriage is between a man and a woman. Gay people have the right to be with one another as much as they want and wherever they want. As soon as you can figure out how to separate dad and dad or mom and mom into man and woman, you can have marriage. Honestly, why do you care so much about marriage? I don't see anything special about it except that you don't have it and want it. Well, you might not have an apple on your weier either, but do you really want it?

Maybe if Adam and Eve had been Adam and John or Eve and Anne, we'd all be straighter on the definition of a union between a woman and man (marriage). Go fight with the Creator. His intent was pole and hole, not hole and holr or pole and pole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Extreme Towing 8 hr Anonymous 1
News Ted Cruz has nothing to offer the country 13 hr serfs up 7
Eastside Regional Park 22 hr what 12
Poll Should Petro be Banned from this Forum? (Aug '12) Fri suave 2,255
News El Paso residents to be charged water franchise... Fri huey goins 9
65 Americans missing in Mexico. (Feb '08) Fri harrytorta 52
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) Thu Farter 23,099
El Paso Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

El Paso People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]