Some gay-rights foes claim they now are bullied

Jun 11, 2011 Full story: Contra Costa Times 12,364

In this Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2009 file picture, New York state Sen. Ruben Diaz, D-Bronx, right, speaks during a debate over same-sex marriage in the New York state Senate at the Capitol in Albany, N.Y. Diaz complained in May 2011 that he's received death threats because he opposes legislation to legalize same-sex marriage.

Full Story

Since: Jul 08

El Paso, TX

#12043 Feb 7, 2012
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read on, you will see that tradition alone is no excuse for discrimination in the law. Judge Walker recognized tradition has been responsible for the denial of legal equality. The same argument was used to deny choice of a partner based on race.
Frank Turek promotes prejudice and discrimination based on his personal religious beliefs. He is not a judge and is not presenting a legal opinion, but a religious based prejudice. This is basically the same excuse used for decades to deny choice of a marriage partner based on race:
"Each has the right and the privilege of marrying within his or her own group." Perez v. Lippold
He also misrepresents the truth. Everyone in America does not currently have equal marriage rights. The legal marriages of gay people are not treated equally to the legal marriages of straight people by the federal government or in several states. This is clearly discrimination under the law, and is not allowed by the constitution. Four court decisions so far demonstrate marriage discrimination laws do in fact violate the constitutional requirement of equal protection found in the 14th amendment.
However, since your understanding is limited, you are not able to see that Walker undermines his claim that Prop 8 violates the 14th Amendment with his own statement. There is no discrimination. Walker attempted to codify desires into law. The requirements for marriage apply equally to all American citizens in every state. Why do so-called homosexuals believe they should not have to play by the same rules as everyone else?
shang boyfriend

Pompano Beach, FL

#12044 Feb 7, 2012
Anne Ominous wrote:
ROTFL!!!
Walker-homo was always going to find the way he did. A clear case of judicial bias. Never should have heard the case to begin with.
shang guan rui en say you dead. they got internet in Hell ??? you trick with devil shang guan rui en too ?

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#12045 Feb 7, 2012
Anne Ominous wrote:
ROTFL!!!
Walker-homo was always going to find the way he did. A clear case of judicial bias. Never should have heard the case to begin with.
The appellate court agrees with judge Walker, and further agrees he was not biased but ruled properly.

Prop 8 is unconstitutional.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#12046 Feb 7, 2012
Jitney wrote:
<quoted text>
However, since your understanding is limited, you are not able to see that Walker undermines his claim that Prop 8 violates the 14th Amendment with his own statement. There is no discrimination. Walker attempted to codify desires into law. The requirements for marriage apply equally to all American citizens in every state. Why do so-called homosexuals believe they should not have to play by the same rules as everyone else?
If you read the transcripts, you will see your statement is taken out of context and supports the finding that tradition is not an acceptable governmental justification for discrimination in the law. Tradition was one of the unconvincing arguments used to deny inter-racial marriage.

Your continued assertion everyone has the same rights is easily shown to be false when you consider that the legal marriages of gay people are not treated equally to the legal marriages of straight people by the federal and some state governments. Denial of reality only changes reality for you, but not for the rest of us or in the law.

The appellate court agrees with the trial court finding. Prop 8 is unconstitutional because it denies equal treatment under the law.
Anne Ominous

Binghamton, NY

#12047 Feb 7, 2012
Proposition 8 was always going to the Supreme Court regardless of which way the appeals court ruled. It will be up to the Supreme Court to decide if Proposition 8 is constitutional. I have confidence that they will do the right thing.

:)
shang boyfriend

Pompano Beach, FL

#12048 Feb 7, 2012
Anne Ominous wrote:
Proposition 8 was always going to the Supreme Court regardless of which way the appeals court ruled. It will be up to the Supreme Court to decide if Proposition 8 is constitutional. I have confidence that they will do the right thing.
:)
shang guan rui en make more than 8 proposition on Central Ave all time. shang guan rui en still Kumming communist China visit communist parents on USA taxpayer money. why you not answer dead question? you still dead in Hell with devil? you trick with devil shang guan rui en? why you so obsessed with gay?
StanleyThePowerD rill

El Paso, TX

#12049 Feb 7, 2012
AFFIRMED!!!!!

Suck it, haters!!!!!
shang boyfriend

Pompano Beach, FL

#12050 Feb 7, 2012
StanleyThePowerDrill wrote:
AFFIRMED!!!!!
Suck it, haters!!!!!
shang boyfriend very happy! shang guan rui en have to buy big diamond now with taxpayer money or work on Central Ave alot! you trick with shang guan rui en too? your drill bigger than zeldo's?

“Believer of Common Sense”

Since: Jan 11

Middle of Nowhere

#12051 Feb 8, 2012
shang boyfriend wrote:
<quoted text> shang boyfriend very happy! shang guan rui en have to buy big diamond now with taxpayer money or work on Central Ave alot! you trick with shang guan rui en too? your drill bigger than zeldo's?
Zeldo claims to have a very large "drill." Maybe since Shang left and went back to China, you can take his place. Zeldo tricks over on Fowler and prefers clients from Lakeside Manor. If interested in a full position tranny hooker opportunity, contact zeldo.

Since: Jul 08

El Paso, TX

#12052 Feb 8, 2012
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read the transcripts, you will see your statement is taken out of context and supports the finding that tradition is not an acceptable governmental justification for discrimination in the law. Tradition was one of the unconvincing arguments used to deny inter-racial marriage.
Your continued assertion everyone has the same rights is easily shown to be false when you consider that the legal marriages of gay people are not treated equally to the legal marriages of straight people by the federal and some state governments. Denial of reality only changes reality for you, but not for the rest of us or in the law.
The appellate court agrees with the trial court finding. Prop 8 is unconstitutional because it denies equal treatment under the law.
Again, you miss the point. It was not my statement - it was Walker's statement, which supports the fact that Prop 8 could not and does not violate the 14th Amendment of the Constitution.
The fact that the requirements for marriage apply equally to all American citizens in every state is irrefutable. Your assertion that so-called homosexuals are not treated equally under the law is nothing more than a logical fallacy unsupported by the Constitution. Where in the Constitution are same sex attractions protected?
Anne Ominous

Binghamton, NY

#12053 Feb 8, 2012
Jitney wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you miss the point. It was not my statement - it was Walker's statement
He has a great deal of difficulty with any "point" that doesn't mesh with his house of cards argument lol

:)
Anne Ominous

Binghamton, NY

#12054 Feb 8, 2012
StanleyThePowerDrill wrote:
AFFIRMED!!!!!
Correction - failed to overturn lower court homojudge ruling. Punted to SCOTUS.
Suck it, haters!!!!!
You're the local expert on suction ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!

:)
StanleyThePowerD rill

El Paso, TX

#12055 Feb 8, 2012
Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction - failed to overturn lower court homojudge ruling. Punted to SCOTUS.
Correction. AFFIRMED!!!!!!
Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the local expert on suction ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!
:)
Ain't nothing compared to the trick your man can do on his knees. Don't be jealous bytches, you just can't compete.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#12056 Feb 8, 2012
Jitney wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you miss the point. It was not my statement - it was Walker's statement, which supports the fact that Prop 8 could not and does not violate the 14th Amendment of the Constitution.
The fact that the requirements for marriage apply equally to all American citizens in every state is irrefutable. Your assertion that so-called homosexuals are not treated equally under the law is nothing more than a logical fallacy unsupported by the Constitution. Where in the Constitution are same sex attractions protected?
You continue to miss the point. That finding of fact does not support what you claim. It shows prejudice has been used to deny equality. Tradition is no excuse for harming others needlessly.

Your continued denial of reality only makes it true in your mind, not in the written law. If it were true the requirements of marriage apply equally to all, the marriages of gay people in Massachusetts and the other states that recognize marriage equality would be treated equally to the straight people who are married in those and other states. It would also be true gay people could marry in all states, not just some states, D.C., and several other countries.
Anne Ominous

Binghamton, NY

#12057 Feb 8, 2012
I can't wait to see the tears and long faces when the big enchiladas overturn the lower court lol

:)

Since: Sep 08

El Paso, TX

#12058 Feb 8, 2012
Anne Ominous wrote:
I can't wait to see the tears and long faces when the big enchiladas overturn the lower court lol
:)
Its the most famous club in the world! The gay club. Requirements... decide that you are gay and you are a member! Hooray for the most famous club in the world!!! You can't be born into it, you must choose if you want to be a member. I choose to be in the realm of reality. Heterosexuality. Its natural. Its beautiful. And you don't need to be a sodomite to be a hetero. Its awesome! Good luck with going against the grain and living an abnormal existence in a normal society. Its amazing that less than 1% of the population that are in this club can seem like 50% of the population with the help of the media. We know the truth. Heck we live in truth! The moral majority will quell this uprising once we get a good person in the White House. Its just a matter of time. Enjoy your fantasy while it lasts club members!!!
shang boyfriend

Pompano Beach, FL

#12059 Feb 8, 2012
Grand Old Party wrote:
<quoted text>
Its the most famous club in the world! The gay club. Requirements... decide that you are gay and you are a member! Hooray for the most famous club in the world!!! You can't be born into it, you must choose if you want to be a member. I choose to be in the realm of reality. Heterosexuality. Its natural. Its beautiful. And you don't need to be a sodomite to be a hetero. Its awesome! Good luck with going against the grain and living an abnormal existence in a normal society. Its amazing that less than 1% of the population that are in this club can seem like 50% of the population with the help of the media. We know the truth. Heck we live in truth! The moral majority will quell this uprising once we get a good person in the White House. Its just a matter of time. Enjoy your fantasy while it lasts club members!!!
shang guan rui en say he trick with you in El Paso. You closet case but cheat on wife like Grand Old Pervert. why you so obsessed with closet? why you so obsessed with gay?
MikeH

El Paso, TX

#12060 Feb 8, 2012
Grand Old Party wrote:
<quoted text>
Its the most famous club in the world! The gay club. Requirements... decide that you are gay and you are a member! Hooray for the most famous club in the world!!! You can't be born into it, you must choose if you want to be a member. I choose to be in the realm of reality. Heterosexuality. Its natural. Its beautiful. And you don't need to be a sodomite to be a hetero. Its awesome! Good luck with going against the grain and living an abnormal existence in a normal society. Its amazing that less than 1% of the population that are in this club can seem like 50% of the population with the help of the media. We know the truth. Heck we live in truth! The moral majority will quell this uprising once we get a good person in the White House. Its just a matter of time. Enjoy your fantasy while it lasts club members!!!
Enjoy the fantasy of your post -- in the real world you just got your ass handed to you.
StanleyThePowerD rill

El Paso, TX

#12061 Feb 8, 2012
Anne Ominous wrote:
I can't wait to see the tears and long faces when the big enchiladas overturn the lower court lol
:)
Is it like your tears when you get the big enchilada shoved into you? Just kidding, we know no one is shoving anything into that old thing.
shang boyfriend

Pompano Beach, FL

#12063 Feb 9, 2012
zeldo wrote:
<quoted text>
take your power drill and ram it up your hershey highway.
that means take it and shove it in your tight ass..........
shang guan rui en say zeldo got huge power drill. how huge your power drill? you use power drill on shang guan rui en? hershey highway near Central Ave?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2014 NFL Cowboys Talk 2 hr Gunther Gonzalez 55
Should Petro be Banned from this Forum? (Aug '12) 2 hr Gunther Gonzalez 2,182
When will Colleges take back Honorary Doctorate... 4 hr huey goins 15
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 6 hr Fartology 738
Who wants nudes? Girls only 7 hr huey goins 5
El Paso-area advocates want long-lasting immigr... 12 hr huey goins 23
Concert review: More dazzle, less razzle in TSO... (Dec '09) 14 hr huey goins 27
El Paso Dating
Find my Match

El Paso People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

El Paso News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in El Paso

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:21 pm PST

NBC Sports 4:21PM
PFT previews SNF: Giants-Cowboys
Bleacher Report10:39 AM
Alfred Blue Primed for Big Week 12 Showing with Arian Foster's Status in Doubt
Bleacher Report 1:30 PM
Kennard Learned What It Takes to Be Successful from Dad
NBC Sports 6:04 PM
Rested Cowboys favored over Giants on SNF - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 7:24 PM
Tate's Fantasy Value Remains Limited with Vikings