Poor El Paso Franklin Mountains

Posted in the El Paso Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Environmentalist

United States

#1 Mar 24, 2012
Why on earth do they just keep carving out the Franklin Mountains like human termites eating away at the Amazon Rain Forrest?
Once those mountains are gone they are not coming back and by the look's of it, future El Paso generations are going to say things like.
We use to have some mountains over there but all that's left of them are retaining concrete walls to keep the remaining rocks from falling on peoples houses and luxury condominiums including some golf course.
Albuquerque has the spectacular Sandia Mountains and they are majestic and well preserved, I don't see and Cemex Stone Quarries carving away and destroying their natural beauty.
Tucson has the magnificent Catalina Mountains and the same thing as with Albuquerque, those people really know how to preserve their natural beauty.
But in El Paso we have Cemex and a Big Hole on the Mountain over by William Beaumont Hospital, what a Disgrace this city really is.
I guess Cemex is suppose to stand for Cemento's Mexicanos, and since El Paso has a carbon duplicate twin city right across the river from it.
The Juarez Mountains are being torn up to shreds on it's southern most ridge, is this a Mexican thing?
I guess it is a Mexican Thing to destroy the environment and handsomely pay off the gringo with cash gratitude incentives, so everybody says nothing and keeps quiet and people here just dont care.
Their heads keep are going around in circles like roundabouts in and out of the beer stores.
There are two more stone quarries other than Cemex eating away at the Franklin Mountains other than Cemex, one is located slightly North of Trans Mountain Highway on the West Side and another one is located North of Northeast El Paso close to the New Mexico State line.
These are just stone quarries not to mention all the development that continues to carve and climb up the Franklin Mountains west side slopes.
Is this what money can buy? You stupid people of El Paso you call this Smart Growth? Some people in City hall are getting handsome payouts under the table I bet.
You people here take no pride in our community, all you care is if Fort Bliss will still be open for business tomorrow and the next day.
Here's an Example! go visit Citi data Forum and take a look at the Albuquerque and Tucson Blogs, you always read about people announcing their moves there from all over the country.
But In El Paso the United States Army has used El Paso to dumped what nobody else wants.
Nobody in their right mind wants to move here unless they are forced to against their own will or have no choice.
Also take a look at Citi data Forum Albuquerque and Tucson cities photo section.
El Paso could never keep pace with these two cities that are a bit smaller than El Paso.
But El Paso has CEMEX something to really look up to the sky for, keep looking because someday they'll be all gone, the Governemnt better built a fence around Castner Range and keep the human termite out, in the future that is going to be all whats left of the Franklin Mountains.
Poor Franklin Mountains!
Environmentalist Not

El Paso, TX

#2 Mar 24, 2012
Environmentalist wrote:
Why on earth do they just keep carving out the Franklin Mountains like human termites eating away at the Amazon Rain Forrest?
Poor Franklin Mountains!
Blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah, blah,blah,blah,blah,blah...... .
Franklin Mountains includes the largest urban park in the Nation because we citizens of El Paso, and State of Texas, purchased the land off of private investors attempting to develop. Check your history and educate yourself before your next idiotic rant.
Every time you drive a car, buy groceries, turn on your lights, USE YOUR COMPUTER, and breathe, you are having a negative impact on our environment!
If you weren't a hipocrit, and truly stood behind your cause, you would cease to exist! Maybe you should just educate yourself a little more, fine tune your "cause", and lay off the childish rants.
Environmentalist

United States

#3 Mar 24, 2012
Environmentalist Not wrote:
<quoted text>
Franklin Mountains includes the largest urban park in the Nation because we citizens of El Paso, and State of Texas, purchased the land off of private investors attempting to develop. Check your history and educate yourself before your next idiotic rant.
Every time you drive a car, buy groceries, turn on your lights, USE YOUR COMPUTER, and breathe, you are having a negative impact on our environment!
If you weren't a hipocrit, and truly stood behind your cause, you would cease to exist! Maybe you should just educate yourself a little more, fine tune your "cause", and lay off the childish rants.
You are part of the problem, you must be a Mexican National.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#4 Mar 24, 2012
Geez how long ya all been ariund here in ElPaso. Its call greed money screw the public and taxpayers. The elected city and county officals the further east in Texas like Austin and the TDOT folks plams shall, must and will be greased by folks like cemex and many more contractors, out of state consulants and engeeinering company waiting to pay the local boys. Look at at the corruption and stealing going on in this area
Environmentalist Not

El Paso, TX

#5 Mar 24, 2012
Environmentalist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are part of the problem, you must be a Mexican National.
[chuckle] I expected a response like that from you. Children and the uneducated typically resort to name calling rather than educated discussion...

If you live in a building, drive a motorized vehicle, or use a computer, than YOU are also part of YOUR problem as you describe it.

I have no issue of whether or not to develop certain tracts or areas of land (which our City's representative just voted limiting what would be allowed), but your eneducated rant is simply ridiculous!
JWRussell

El Paso, TX

#6 Mar 24, 2012
<quoted text>
[chuckle] I expected a response like that from you. Children and the uneducated typically resort to name calling rather than educated discussion...
If you live in a building, drive a motorized vehicle, or use a computer, than YOU are also part of YOUR problem as you describe it.
I have no issue of whether or not to develop certain tracts or areas of land (which our City's representative just voted limiting what would be allowed), but your eneducated rant is simply ridiculous!
Your response is not educated. The quarry has been in place even before it was part of the city. It was well under way before I got here in 1954. They still have their permit from the state. They city (Susie Byrd) has been trying to stop their operations for years and has been unable to stop it. The limit to what can and cannot be done cannot strip the permits from the holder as long as the company owns the land. All the land and the permits transfer from owner to owner and only the state can stop issuance of the permit.
Environmentalist Not

El Paso, TX

#7 Mar 24, 2012
JWRussell wrote:
<quoted text>Your response is not educated. The quarry has been in place even before it was part of the city. It was well under way before I got here in 1954. They still have their permit from the state. They city (Susie Byrd) has been trying to stop their operations for years and has been unable to stop it. The limit to what can and cannot be done cannot strip the permits from the holder as long as the company owns the land. All the land and the permits transfer from owner to owner and only the state can stop issuance of the permit.
You are also one of the first to resort to name calling and bashing...

The two of you likely live in buildings which have cement, rock walls, and driveways. That makes you both hipocrits.

It wouldn't surprise me if the "Environmentalist" - not, is one of the people who knowingly moved next to the quarry, and then sued it for negatively impacting them... whahhh

This land mass of the quarry is miniscule compared to the entire protected lands of the Franklin Mountains.

Our representatives have done a good job of protecting the Franklins from urban sprawl.

BTW, had any cheese lately???
Environmentalist

United States

#8 Mar 24, 2012
<quoted text>
Well then if you are not a Mexican National you sure act like one because Mexicans are very anti environmental they don't believe in stuff like clean air and regulations and growth control, birth control.
I do recall what some some guy by the name Knapp try to do up in the Franklin Mountains a long time ago that is why the state controls some of the land now.
But use Google Earth and Zoom into what Cemex is doing now, and JWRussell is right that stone quarry has been there for a very long time and no one has tried to stop them except maybe for Susie Byrd.
Look on the west side they already have roads built up there for more future development.
Whats with your word you call "eneducated" is that like one of those Jutep pronunciation's or does it just sound estupid?
I do live in a house, drive a car use a computer but I am not destroying the mountains as your rebuttal is more ridiculous than your marvelous "eneducation" is.
ept

United States

#9 Mar 24, 2012
<quoted text>
Is that you romo?
200 Dollar Bill

United States

#10 Mar 24, 2012
ept wrote:
<quoted text>Is that you romo?
If you are looking for Little Billy Dimitri you are on the wrong thread you idiot.
Lloyd B

El Paso, TX

#11 Mar 24, 2012
<quoted text>
You are also one of the first to resort to name calling and bashing...
The two of you likely live in buildings which have cement, rock walls, and driveways. That makes you both hipocrits.
It wouldn't surprise me if the "Environmentalist" - not, is one of the people who knowingly moved next to the quarry, and then sued it for negatively impacting them... whahhh
This land mass of the quarry is miniscule compared to the entire protected lands of the Franklin Mountains.
Our representatives have done a good job of protecting the Franklins from urban sprawl.
BTW, had any cheese lately???
Pay him no mind. All he does is make outrageous statement that can't be backed up with any evidence and then resorts to name calling and insults to try and cover his butt. He's well known in here as a menace to society and a bitter craphound.
ept

United States

#12 Mar 24, 2012
200 Dollar Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are looking for Little Billy Dimitri you are on the wrong thread you idiot.
No pendejo. That whinny little beatch sounded like david romo. Vete ala chingada pendejo.
romo

United States

#13 Mar 24, 2012
ept wrote:
<quoted text>Is that you romo?
here put your hands on it and tell me if it feels like romo you should be able to tell.
Environmentalist Not

United States

#15 Mar 24, 2012
Lloyd B wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay him no mind. All he does is make outrageous statement that can't be backed up with any evidence and then resorts to name calling and insults to try and cover his butt. He's well known in here as a menace to society and a bitter craphound.
Why don't you go stick your nose up someone else's crack no one here asked you for your mind or to smell our butts.
Lloyd B

El Paso, TX

#17 Mar 24, 2012
<quoted text>
Thanks, Lloyd. I'm rarely on topix, but was fast to discover this about him. Regards.
You're welcome and you can now discover another one of the "treats" about being in here - someone who hijacks your names and posts offensive comments.
Dont Mess With Texas

United States

#18 Mar 24, 2012
<quoted text>
Jajajajajajajajaja!(In Spanish...) Now you're ranting about simple typos, birth control debates, Mexicans, and Spanish!
The place you live and pay for, whether renting or owning, was likely built with material from the quarry you complain about! You simply aren't edumacated enough to realize that makes you part of the problem! You do not truly stand behind your claimed "Environmentalist". Did you catch the typo????
No tienes education y por eso gritas como un nino... Ponte esto en tu google para que puedes aprender algo nuevo.
...and if you wanna be technical, why don't you practice your sentence structures... Maybe a comma here and there??? Entiendes?
You stupid Mexican Teacher Tonteco don't you see that environmentalist is telling us that they are destroying the mountains Menzo?
This word edmmacated is something you looked up the dictionary in attempt to make yourself look educated or intelligent.
Typical Mexican marrano.
Your whole house is probably built from all the stone quarry from the mountain.
And further more, this is a puplic forum not a spelling or literature contest.
Mugrosos immigrantes appenas se ammigraron y ya se crellen la gran mierda you Jutep diploma.
Environmentalist Not

El Paso, TX

#19 Mar 24, 2012
Lloyd B wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome and you can now discover another one of the "treats" about being in here - someone who hijacks your names and posts offensive comments.
I see. Well, in that case, everyone should know any future posts on this topic with this name aren't me.

I've pretty much rebutted the ranters and whiners... No need to stick around for the name calling, bashing, and bigotries. These are simple people.

Meanwhile, I think I'll take a hike in the beautiful Franklin Mtn. State Park, which abuts my home high on the mountain.
Environmentalist

El Paso, TX

#20 Mar 24, 2012
<quoted text>
I see. Well, in that case, everyone should know any future posts on this topic with this name aren't me.
I've pretty much rebutted the ranters and whiners... No need to stick around for the name calling, bashing, and bigotries. These are simple people.
Meanwhile, I think I'll take a hike in the beautiful Franklin Mtn. State Park, which abuts my home high on the mountain.
Well good! get lost and don't let the door hit you on your # on the way out don't forget to stick your sarcasm back in your mouth.
Sure take a hike and hope that a few rattle snakes bite you along the way.
No one needs an education to be an A*Hole!
Environmentalist

El Paso, TX

#21 Mar 24, 2012
Lloyd B wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you come here to talk about the mountains and the environment or you came here to whine?
Lloyd B

El Paso, TX

#22 Mar 24, 2012
Environmentalist wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you come here to talk about the mountains and the environment or you came here to whine?
I hate the GD mountains - they look unseemly in my opinion. I wish they'd raze the things and build a four lane expressway so that I could get to my swing club on the far east side a lot quicker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Restaurant Question 3 hr New Resident 4
Saw a Beaner Go Into a Library Today 4 hr The Real New Resi... 31
News Civil rights lawsuit planned over immigrant's a... 13 hr Iceman 48
Kvia short weather girl 16 hr New Resident 42
Las Cruces ICE Raids Scare Away 2,000 Students 16 hr New Resident 4
News Man arrested in child-throwing case, again 22 hr Grubby 5
Insecure Writers Sat New Resident 15

El Paso Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance