Gilchrist: Sorry, pilgrim. Mexicans o...

Gilchrist: Sorry, pilgrim. Mexicans own Thanksgiving

There are 40 comments on the The Summit Daily News story from Nov 21, 2012, titled Gilchrist: Sorry, pilgrim. Mexicans own Thanksgiving. In it, The Summit Daily News reports that:

Last year in this column, we met Sarah Josepha Hale, the widow who tirelessly promoted Thanksgiving and yet refused to stuff a turkey for her dinner guests.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Summit Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
AREU4REAL

El Paso, TX

#22 Nov 22, 2012
SupremeChicanoCommander wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you think sent the Mexican Asteroid to kill the cavemen and dinosours ,so the Mexican people can come to this earth . Our God is the best. You'll see Dec. 21.
HEY GO BACK AND READ THE INFORMATION. IT IS THE MAYAN CALENDER THAT MAKES THAT PREDICTION BUT THEN YOU WOULD ALSO READ THE THE CALENDER ENDS AND A NEW ERA TAKES OVER. I HATE DUMB supremechicancommander is his misbred miscreants. The Mayans did not predict the asteroid because it happened back millions of years ago before the entire race of mongoloids were even alive and crossed the land bridge between russia and alaska. when are you going to take geology 101 and 102 courses? you should know this except for the fact the you are a miscreant.
SupremeChicanoCo mmander

United States

#24 Nov 22, 2012
You get hit with facts. And you start crying. SupremeChicanoCmmander Wins Again!!!
that imaginary ice bridge is a bunch of baloney that has already been debunked.
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#25 Nov 22, 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec_Ruins_Nati...

The mistake that it was built by the Aztecs was made by early settlers. It is actually Anasazi. The name stuck however.
SupremeChicanoCo mmander

United States

#26 Nov 22, 2012
Concerned wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A ztec_Ruins_National_Monument
The mistake that it was built by the Aztecs was made by early settlers. It is actually Anasazi. The name stuck however.
it was right from the start. Not until the teabagger fringe imerge did they start trying to change history. But facts are a stubborn thing. You don't go from Chaco Cayon to living in teepees.
Lawnmaster

United States

#27 Nov 22, 2012
SupremeGaytorCommander or rather SupremeCowardCommander.
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#28 Nov 23, 2012
<quoted text>
it was right from the start. Not until the teabagger fringe imerge did they start trying to change history. But facts are a stubborn thing. You don't go from Chaco Cayon to living in teepees.
What would they gain by changing history? Tea bagger's are a political group. I do not understand their involvement and what it would do to change any election. Am I way off base or is there something else I am not seeing? There were cliff dwelling Indians all over Utah and Colorado. They built homes out of rock or adobe. I have seen them. They were not living in Tepees.

http://www.nps.gov/chcu/historyculture/index....

Here is a good site for you to read.

It is in writing that New Mexico and the lands that now constitute the USA were taken from the Indians by the Spaniards. Just like the lands in Mexico. Later the Pope gave these lands to Mexico. So they were stolen lands that were given to Mexico. Later the Europeans came and did the same as the Spaniards had done. They conquered and took the lands and Bought some of the stolen lands from Mexico.

Why would you not think that the North American Indians did not have the ability to build something like this. The reason they used Tepees was to follow the bison and move to more fertile hunting grounds in the more Northern tribes. They were also convenient because they could pack up and move rapidly in the face of danger. They were not permanent as they were quite nomadic. But I guess they did construct in some areas adobe and rock houses throughout the USA. There also use DNA to establish who the people were. Science comes into play when determining these things. Not the tea bagger's. Things have changed since these structures were first found many years ago. They now have carbon dating, DNA, and other tools to make these determinations. Things they did not have when they were first discovered. Not just a theory but more science.
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#29 Nov 23, 2012
<quoted text>
I am not trying to get into a pissing contest with anyone. Not you either. As I do not know you. Just wanting to understand how you come up with your answers and what you might pin to this conversation, from other sources that might back your assertions. Maybe a link or scientific document. Have a nice day.
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#30 Nov 23, 2012
I also think the Judge it button is strange on these forums. Because it does not change anything. It in most cases just tries to support hate in many instances. Someone can be right as rain and people will judge against. So it does not add any validity to anything. It does not change or influence anyone's opinion. Now writing a helpful idea or report with supporting evidence, can help to support a statement or point. But not always.
SupremeChicanoCo mmander

El Paso, TX

#31 Nov 23, 2012
Are you some kind of Vendido to the 3rd degree your still a brinca puente and you are still part of the probem . maybe you have euro blood. If you were a natural here you would understand.
They sold our lands for a cheap bottle of whiskey. You still think like the euro's. you think we didn't not have trade routes also.
Lawnmaster

United States

#32 Nov 23, 2012
Don't get baited by the fool of fools. He changes monikers. His knowledge of history goes back to the last bag of chips slobbered in his pie hole.
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#33 Nov 23, 2012
Are you some kind of Vendido to the 3rd degree your still a brinca puente and you are still part of the probem . maybe you have euro blood. If you were a natural here you would understand.
They sold our lands for a cheap bottle of whiskey. You still think like the euro's. you think we didn't not have trade routes also.
I see you have a chip on your shoulder. So not even facts will make a difference. It is not about education or knowledge that you are interested in. It is only what you think. I should have read your posts closer. I see you are a little different. But that is OK. Everyone is different, some people are just out there a little. Ethnicity and race has something to do with your conversations and it looks like racism. Why would you live in the USA if you are that upset? I live in Mexico and I really have no problem here with the common people. But I do like to talk about things in the real world. Not things floating around in my head that are apparitions. I will just bow out on this one. Not interested in joining into a racist feud, or someone that is not willing to talk about reality. I have better things to do. I am surprised other people are replying to your posts. I am done.
SupremeChicanoCo mmander

United States

#34 Nov 23, 2012
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you have a chip on your shoulder. So not even facts will make a difference. It is not about education or knowledge that you are interested in. It is only what you think. I should have read your posts closer. I see you are a little different. But that is OK. Everyone is different, some people are just out there a little. Ethnicity and race has something to do with your
conversations and it looks like racism. Why would
you live in the USA if you are that upset? I live in
Mexico and I really have no problem here with
the common people. But I do like to talk about
things in the real world. Not things floating
around in my head that are apparitions. I will jus
t bow out on this one. Not interested in joining
into a racist feud, or someone that is not willing
to talk about reality. I have better things to do. I
am surprised other people are replying to you
posts. I am done.
you do show signs of euroism. I live in Occupied
Mexico for your information. I understand to the victors government the spoils and you have only learned what euro influenced books have taught you. Consider yourself more educated now that you have had the honor of speaking to a natural. Now get to stepping.
SupremeChicanoCo mmander

El Paso, TX

#35 Nov 23, 2012
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you have a chip on your shoulder. So not even facts will make a difference. It is not about education or knowledge that you are interested in. It is only what you think. I should have read your posts closer. I see you are a little different. But that is OK. Everyone is different, some people are just out there a little. Ethnicity and race has something to do with your conversations and it looks like racism. Why would you live in the USA if you are that upset? I live in Mexico and I really have no problem here with the common people. But I do like to talk about things in the real world. Not things floating around in my head that are apparitions. I will just bow out on this one. Not interested in joining into a racist feud, or someone that is not willing to talk about reality. I have better things to do. I am surprised other people are replying to your posts. I am done.
Another euro vendido Beat Down! The Great Supreme Chicano Commander Wins Again!
SupremeChicanoCo mmander

El Paso, TX

#36 Nov 23, 2012
thats true, almost forgot
AREU4REAL

El Paso, TX

#37 Nov 23, 2012
SupremeCHicanoCommander is a nut case hispanic borderline manic depressive personality who believes that anything European is faulty. The problem with him is that he does not understand that many of the people of mexico have been adulterated over the past 500 years by the "white" hispanic Spaniards. They cam to conquer and gain gold. To that end they decimated the native population and raped the women. The Yaqui race was almost totally destroyed by imprisonment and murder. The Mayans descendents were worked to death in the Yucatan and many of the aztecs were killed and the women turned over to the "white" hispanic for pleasure women and maids which the 'White" female hispanics could kill for any small offense.

The land bridges provided the flow of mongoloid peoples to the east and down into south America. There were no people in the Americas at the time. over 11,000 years the people migrated and disbursed throughout the Americas and set up their own communities. What Supremechicanocommander- does not understand is that he his a product of rape and incest. His tribe is not aztec alone or hispanic alone. he is a messed up personality who hates all persons who appear white or racially black or asian. He does not realize that during the years of immigration the Chinese and Japaneses and Europeans have inter-mixed heavily within mexico and central America. there are no true blood lines in mexico and central America any longer. There are true blood lines only now in a few places in the Amazon rain forests.
Lawnmaster

United States

#38 Nov 23, 2012
<quoted text>
you do show signs of euroism. I live in Occupied
Mexico for your information. I understand to the victors government the spoils and you have only learned what euro influenced books have taught you. Consider yourself more educated now that you have had the honor of speaking to a natural. Now get to stepping.
Sure Gaytor. Everyone knows you use the moniker SupremeCowardCommander. Stop playing the fool. Then again you are fool.
SupremeChicanoCo mmander

El Paso, TX

#39 Nov 23, 2012
AREU4REAL wrote:
SupremeCHicanoCommander is a nut case hispanic borderline manic depressive personality who believes that anything European is faulty. The problem with him is that he does not understand that many of the people of mexico have been adulterated over the past 500 years by the "white" hispanic Spaniards. They cam to conquer and gain gold. To that end they decimated the native population and raped the women. The Yaqui race was almost totally destroyed by imprisonment and murder. The Mayans descendents were worked to death in the Yucatan and many of the aztecs were killed and the women turned over to the "white" hispanic for pleasure women and maids which the 'White" female hispanics could kill for any small offense.
The land bridges provided the flow of mongoloid peoples to the east and down into south America. There were no people in the Americas at the time. over 11,000 years the people migrated and disbursed throughout the Americas and set up their own communities. What Supremechicanocommander- does not understand is that he his a product of rape and incest. His tribe is not aztec alone or hispanic alone. he is a messed up personality who hates all persons who appear white or racially black or asian. He does not realize that during the years of immigration the Chinese and Japaneses and Europeans have inter-mixed heavily within mexico and central America. there are no true blood lines in mexico and central America any longer. There are true blood lines only now in a few places in the Amazon rain forests.
Sally Come Lately, this debate has already been settled. Why didn't you jump in when that poor guy was taking a beatdown. Now you want to jump in the mix with some sucker punches. Do want me to make you cry too? Answer the question.
That Fantasy Land Bridge , thats funny and very racist of you. You idiot all the people of the world did not all come for one man and one woman. How racist of you to think humanity could not have grab hold on our continent also. We look nothing like you or behave nothing like the anchors of the war mongering old world. You racist brought the idea of fences and borders over to our continent cause your stinkin kin always were trying to kill each other all the time. Your peoples have no compassion for the peoples of the earth as you guys are always genicide each other all the time. No we are not your types of peoples .
Lawnmaster

United States

#40 Nov 23, 2012
<quoted text>
Sally Come Lately, this debate has already been settled. Why didn't you jump in when that poor guy was taking a beatdown. Now you want to jump in the mix with some sucker punches. Do want me to make you cry too? Answer the question.
That Fantasy Land Bridge , thats funny and very racist of you. You idiot all the people of the world did not all come for one man and one woman. How racist of you to think humanity could not have grab hold on our continent also. We look nothing like you or behave nothing like the anchors of the war mongering old world. You racist brought the idea of fences and borders over to our continent cause your stinkin kin always were trying to kill each other all the time. Your peoples have no compassion for the peoples of the earth as you guys are always genicide each other all the time. No we are not your types of peoples .
The person who wrote this appears to have had brain damage as a young child.
SupremeChicanoCo mmander

El Paso, TX

#41 Nov 23, 2012
Lawnmaster wrote:
<quoted text>
The person who wrote this appears to have had brain damage as a young child.
Leave children out of this you sick freak.
dognes

Masontown, PA

#42 Nov 26, 2012
youtube.com/watch...
mEXICANS ARE nUTS REGARDING tHANKGIVING..
----------
n the United States, the modern Thanksgiving holiday tradition is commonly, but not universally, traced to a poorly documented 1621 celebration at Plymouth in present-day Massachusetts. The 1621 Plymouth feast and thanksgiving was prompted by a good harvest.

In later years, religious thanksgiving services were declared by civil leaders such as Governor Bradford, who planned a thanksgiving celebration and fast in 1623.[8][9][10] The practice of holding an annual harvest festival like this did not become a regular affair in New England until the late 1660s.[11]

Pilgrims and Puritans who began emigrating from England in the 1620s and 1630s carried the tradition of Days of Fasting and Days of Thanksgiving with them to New England. Several days of Thanksgiving were held in early New England history that have been identified as the "First Thanksgiving", including Pilgrim holidays in Plymouth in 1621 and 1623, and a Puritan holiday in Boston in 1631.[12][13]

Thanksgiving proclamations were made mostly by church leaders in New England up until 1682, and then by both state and church leaders until after the American Revolution. During the revolutionary period, political influences affected the issuance of Thanksgiving proclamations. Various proclamations were made by royal governors, John Hancock, General George Washington, and the Continental Congress, each giving thanks to God for events favorable to their causes.[14] As President of the United States, George Washington proclaimed the first nation-wide thanksgiving celebration in America marking November 26, 1789, "as a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favours of Almighty God".[15]

According to historian Jeremy Bangs, director of the Leiden American Pilgrim Museum, the Pilgrims may have been influenced by watching the annual services of Thanksgiving for the relief of the siege of Leiden in 1574, while they were staying in Leiden.[16]

Every year, the President of the United States will "pardon" a turkey, which spares the bird's life and ensures that it will spend the duration of its life roaming freely on farmland.[17]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This is another abandoned topix forum 4 hr FART 99
The White Fart House 8 hr Fart recycled 26
Anybody else not like El Paso? 14 hr Fart abuse 14
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) Fri Worship my farts 24,409
if you had to choose what area to live in El Pa... (May '12) Fri You Farted 68
My car doesn't pass emissions. Where do I go to... Fri Been Farting 7
News El Paso Crawling with haunted hot spots (Oct '09) Aug 17 Fart socks 456

El Paso Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Paso Mortgages