OBAMA WINS 2nd Term
bobobobobobo

Springfield, MA

#83 Nov 17, 2012
Brigham Young wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuses, Excuses. The fact is that Romney lost, whatever you flawed reasoning may be. So get over it!
This who benefits from Obamacare:
Medical supply giant Stryker is the latest company to announce job cuts in anticipation of coming costs associated with ObamaCare, even though the man who inherited a fortune from the company's founder is a fan.
The company will cut 1,170 jobs, or five percent of its worldwide workforce, despite the fact that the founder's grandson was one of the largest contributors to President Obama’s re-election campaign. Medical tech scion Jon Stryker, whose net worth is currently estimated at $1.2 billion, contributed $2 million to the Priorities USA Action super PAC and has given $66,000 in contributions to Obama and the Democratic Party. Stryker does not run the company.
A "medical device excise tax" included in the mandate imposes a 2.3 percent levy on medical device manufacturers and suppliers, which critics say will raise prices on everything from pacemakers to prosthetics to stents. Companies will be required to pay the tax regardless if they have a profit or loss for the year. The tax is estimated to cost the medical device industry $20 billion.

keep looking into it there are more and more companies who are cutting costs, laying off, ect ect ect so even though you won, you have made this world a mess for are kids and theres, so hope your happy, and what does he care, we will be over 20 trillion and you people will still only look out for yourself and not the furture of the world
Fiscal Cliff

El Paso, TX

#84 Nov 17, 2012
You Repubs win for biggest babies of the century award. I'm serious, I've never seen such sore losers and crybabies before. Now you want revenge and are willing to destroy America to get it. Ya'll are dangerous.

-as far as health care, you only want it for the rich, while it should be for everyone who needs it.
idgaf

Tewksbury, MA

#85 Nov 17, 2012
obobobobobo

I'll try to hit everyone of your point even though, honestly, it's very poorly stated.

ok smart one so you going to tall me if they dont want to pay more to close lolololol
-this is pretty simple, close your business or move out of the country and pay someone else like france 70 percent, what part of this did you not get? Is it worth to be in business and pay a little more or is it worth to be out of business and pay nothing?

then what happens to the jobs lolololol
-some jobs may go away, others may not. The truth is that no one is going to close shop because of a tax increase. If your margins are so low, then reconsider your profession, maybe businessman is not your calling.

if i make a good product you will buy it, plan and simple
-you can make all the products that you want and hire all the people that you want, if there is no DEMAND for the product, you will lose your asteroids. I'll assume that you are a small business person, look up and understand Supply and Demand. Very important to understand.

and if your going to take more from me, i will do the same, eather raise my prices, or not hire, or maby lay off,
-you are going to raise your prices regardless to keep with inflation and I guarantee you that all the tax breaks on the planet will not make you hire or fire. Again, if you sell oranges and sales (customers) are high and you have more business, you will hire more, if business sales (customers) are low, you will layoff employees. If I give you the ability to not pay 1 cent in taxes, you will thank me and have more money for your personal expenses. You will not invest in your business. If you are going to invest in say an orange cleaner, you will borrow that money so that you get a tax benefit and don't tie up your own money. Just saying

example in order for you to spend money you need a job lololololol
-you are a very smart one aren't you. You know that in order to sell something, you must have something that others want or need.

and if your business doesnt make money you dont make money, then you have nothing to spend,
-which part of supply and demand doesn't work for you? You are making my argument for me here and I have to just laugh

if my business doesnt make money then people do not get paid, they do not get the right equipment to use and they do with less, they work harder, and what ya going to do quit, then you have nothing lolololololol
-like I said, look up supply and demand, too many businesses fail because they do not understand this and money management

get a clue ohh yea live off the goverment lolololol thats a good furture for your kids

-im wondering if you have a clue of what you are talking about. Living off the govt is a stupid option and I've not once mentioned that. My kid will not need the govt, he'll work hard and he's got his pop hehehehe

- really, stpe back just a little bit and tell me what drives your business? Is it you? Your employees? Your products? Is it maybe having customers?

Since: Feb 12

El Paso, TX

#86 Nov 17, 2012
Fiscal Cliff wrote:
You Repubs win for biggest babies of the century award. I'm serious, I've never seen such sore losers and crybabies before. Now you want revenge and are willing to destroy America to get it. Ya'll are dangerous.
-as far as health care, you only want it for the rich, while it should be for everyone who needs it.
Sorry but as gfar as destroying America we have been beat to the punch by obama and his regime along with all the mental midgets that supported him.

As to health care well sorry there as well. There is Medicare, Medicade, CHIP, and all sorts of other programs that were already in place prior to the federal take over pushed through by obama's regime. His program will actually result in many people not having Health Insurance any longer. Dang I just wish you libtards would take the time to learn what these programs you push will actually do!

These fools are not helping anyone. This regime is surpressing the entrepreneurial spirit which is what built this country.

Since: Feb 12

El Paso, TX

#87 Nov 17, 2012
idgaf;

Sorry but your premise only works if there is a free and open market which obama is destroying.

I was listenning to some one speak today that is a relatively small business owner. He makes a product that has a small profit margin but is sustainable. He is looking to expand his business to maximize his profits. Now there are two ways he can do it. They way he has done it in the past is to hire more assembly line workers to assemble the items he makes. This is his preferred method as it benefits everyone as more people work, more people pay taxes, less people are on public assistance.

The other method is to automate the process and lay people off which is what he does not want to do.

The problem is that with obamacare mandates and policies that this regime has put in place he must look at the costs associated with each option. The automation would have a higher initial investment but the hiring of additional workers would have a significantly higher long term cost. So he is autoamting.

End result of obama's policies is this. The business owner not only does not hire more workers he laysoff some of the workers he has now which places more people on pulic assistance while removing people from the tax roles.

This is just like the GM bailout. They took our money and built a huge plant in Mexico hiring what few people they hired from the locals. No jobs for Americans but jobs for Mexicans.
Double Down Jimster

El Paso, TX

#88 Nov 17, 2012
idgaf wrote:
Obama won. Be a good loser. It makes the republican party look bad if you sit and cry. To obama's credit, they focused on the masses. The republican party needs to either change their message or go away. You don't win elections by writing off 47 percent of the population. The electorate dished out a beating. This should have been an easy election for the republicans to win. There is no one to blame here except for the party and the one big error by romney. The Tea Party was too extreme. There was lack of relating to the people making 20,000 a year. We were too busy talking about the middle class and those making 250,000 a year. We were ungrounded and stupid and that's why republicans lost.
Time to move forward and figure out how we fix this place. Obama is not getting away from the fact that the economy is crappy. The budget is far from balanced. Defense needs to be at the top priority. China is getting stronger. Europe is in financial trouble. Great Depression looming if they don't act fast.
Well said You should come out on Fox news and enlighten them.
Divided Country

El Paso, TX

#89 Nov 17, 2012
Let me ask you a question BS: What do you think you're accomplishing or trying to accomplish by constantly beating down the Prez? Have you ever thought that you're actually alienating more people and doing more harm to your party than good? When are you going to rethink your strategies and move forward? I'm sorry, but your rhetoric is not doing a bit of good over here.

[answer the questions honestly please]

Since: Feb 12

El Paso, TX

#90 Nov 17, 2012
Divided Country wrote:
Let me ask you a question BS: What do you think you're accomplishing or trying to accomplish by constantly beating down the Prez? Have you ever thought that you're actually alienating more people and doing more harm to your party than good? When are you going to rethink your strategies and move forward? I'm sorry, but your rhetoric is not doing a bit of good over here.
[answer the questions honestly please]
First off it is not rhetoric it is facts and truth. I am sorry if you can not see the truth through your blind adoration for obama.

I do not beat anyone down. I am sorry if his actions beat him down but I will not stop shining the light on his failures.

In El Paso I find it funny that you talk about alienating anyone. This bastian of the straight Democrat ticket alienates everyone that doesn't worship at the altar of the anointed one.

Now I have answered the questions honestly now I will ask you a couple here.

Why is it that you come after me personnaly rather than prove what I say as false if I am not being honets?

Secondly if you can't prove anything I say as false then how is it that you claim I am alienating people?
Chuy Jr

El Paso, TX

#92 Nov 17, 2012
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
First off it is not rhetoric it is facts and truth. I am sorry if you can not see the truth through your blind adoration for obama.
I do not beat anyone down. I am sorry if his actions beat him down but I will not stop shining the light on his failures.
In El Paso I find it funny that you talk about alienating anyone. This bastian of the straight Democrat ticket alienates everyone that doesn't worship at the altar of the anointed one.
Now I have answered the questions honestly now I will ask you a couple here.
Why is it that you come after me personnaly rather than prove what I say as false if I am not being honets?
Secondly if you can't prove anything I say as false then how is it that you claim I am alienating people?
Stop crying already your Mitt is doing fine he got his job back as mayor of Whoville http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTc4MjI...
idgaf

Tewksbury, MA

#93 Nov 17, 2012
Divided Country wrote:
Let me ask you a question BS: What do you think you're accomplishing or trying to accomplish by constantly beating down the Prez? Have you ever thought that you're actually alienating more people and doing more harm to your party than good? When are you going to rethink your strategies and move forward? I'm sorry, but your rhetoric is not doing a bit of good over here.
[answer the questions honestly please]
Well stated! Where do we start helping? The BS is over. If we continue to get in the way, we deserve to lose everytime. Good job to President Obama. You ran a smart race and you deserved the win. Let's move forward.
Divided Country

El Paso, TX

#94 Nov 17, 2012
It's not up to me to educate you. You seem to have a very skewed view of the world we live in, and nobody is going to change that. Your way is the right way, evidently. Also, I don't "come at you" personally either. I don't know you. What I do know is that you right-winged rhetoric is all the same, and I'm puzzled here wondering: You just lost the election! Why aren't you learning from it, adapting, and overcoming? You seem to be stuck in the complaining department......still. We've moved on.
What

El Paso, TX

#95 Nov 18, 2012
Does anybody know if Mississipeepee seceding? hahahhahahahahhajjajaajjajajaj ajajahgahahhahahaha
i crack myself up, mississippi hhahhahahhahahjajjajajajajajaj jajajjajajjaajja
What

El Paso, TX

#96 Nov 18, 2012
Comment 95 posted by guy too stupid to develop his own moniker
idgaf

Tewksbury, MA

#97 Nov 18, 2012
UR BS,
I'll address your points even though many appear baseless and don't make an overall cohesive argument.
The free market is fully alive and fully functioning. Where do you get that it is not free and open? Taxes? Obamacare? How so? Explain.
How relatively small was this business, 1-5employees or 100? How small and sustainable? Talk #s. Expansion is not always a smart idea. Look at crispy cream and many others for examples of failed expansions. Remember supply and demand? Wal-Mart has been an excellent scouter of areas that demand their services, hence their high success rate.
-They way he has done it in the past is to hire more -assembly line workers to assemble the items he makes.
Manual labor allows for low upfront cost and is adjustable depending on what demand does, nice. I like that. Smart move. Specially, when you are barely making it and barely sustaining. Almost sounds like a smart business person.
-This is his preferred method as it benefits everyone as more people work, more people pay taxes, less people -are on public assistance.
Business has nothing to do with preferred methods, everything is about the bottom line. If you are looking to be a charity organization, business is the wrong place, someone else will eat your lunch. The only reason you want to use people to do what automation can do is if you are unsure of a large investment for automation. Don't kid yourself. Make up more believable stories please. Put some honest thought into them first.
-The other method is to automate the process and lay people off which is what he does not want to do.
If you are a true businessman and your demand is good enough to automate, you'd be an idiot not to. You don't automate and make large capitol investments when you are barely making a sustainable profit. Tell the real reason why he isn't laying off or hiring. He's uncertain of demand. I'm wating to see what you are getting to and how you are connecting this guy's small business to Obama.
-The problem is that with obamacare mandates and policies that this regime has put in place he must look at the costs associated with each option.
He'd be an idiot to not carefully analyze both options and no matter how much of a humanitarian he is, he needs to pick the one that is most cost effective. Your story is losing credibility very quickly. If you want to tell stories, at least make up good ones that sound real.
-The automation would have a higher initial investment but the hiring of additional workers would have a significantly higher long term cost.
This is called risk mitigation. I can adjust how many people I have and invest very little in payments. I can cut back when I need to or increase. If I go dump a pile of money into equipment, I can't just backout if things go south.
-So he is autoamting.
If demand was there, you better damned be sure that I'd be automating and laying off people. This would be completely independent of obamacare. Tell me where you are going with this cause you are failing to make a good point.
-End result of obama's policies is this. The business owner not only does not hire more workers he laysoff some of the workers he has now which places more people on pulic assistance while removing people from the tax roles.
So, how was obama responsible for him laying people off because he wanted to automate? Specifically, what drove him to lay people off?
idgaf

Tewksbury, MA

#98 Nov 18, 2012
-This is just like the GM bailout. They took our money and built a huge plant in Mexico hiring what few people they hired from the locals.

GM already had huge plants in mexico, china and india. That is not new. Yes, the bailouts were a stupid idea. It did however save a lot of americans from getting canned. We will not bring manufacturing back to the usa. No matter who is presdient. Bottomline, remember that charity organizations don't make profits.

-No jobs for Americans but jobs for Mexicans.

No, americans need magical jobs that don't require us to work. Fairytale jobs like those you described from your imaginary businessman.

Once again, you win nothing by crying and complaining. Be a good loser and stop making the republicans look stupid on here. I have a problem with that. Obama won. Republicans ran a shitty race and I believe that obama deserved the win cause republicans were too stupid to understand changes in demographics. There was so much focus on the middleclass 250Kers that we forgot over 50 percent of the country makes 20K.

The election is over. This aint about romney or obama anymore. This is about America. Stop crying.

Since: Feb 12

El Paso, TX

#99 Nov 18, 2012
Divided Country wrote:
It's not up to me to educate you. You seem to have a very skewed view of the world we live in, and nobody is going to change that. Your way is the right way, evidently. Also, I don't "come at you" personally either. I don't know you. What I do know is that you right-winged rhetoric is all the same, and I'm puzzled here wondering: You just lost the election! Why aren't you learning from it, adapting, and overcoming? You seem to be stuck in the complaining department......still. We've moved on.
A typical libtard answer. You can not face the facts so ignore them.

Since: Feb 12

El Paso, TX

#100 Nov 18, 2012
idgaf.

I won't bother going nto everyone of your inane rants but will make a couple points here.

The point about the GM plant was that it was built with the bailout money. You know the money that was to save all the American jobs.

I find it extremely telling that not one of you libs that worship at obama's feet ever mention Ford. You know the US automaker that took not one cent from the Government? You may also know but refuse to admit it that that Ford is being screwed by the Federal Government in that both GM and Chrysler have had restrictions placed on their unions because of the Government funds they accepted.
So now we are to punish a company that conducted itself the way it should and reward companies that should have gone through bankrupty and reorganized.

As to the business I talked about I do not know everything about that business as it is not mine. I can only say what the owner stated.
Charity has nothng to do with it and I have no idea how you could come up with that leap. The man makes a product. His company has orders that will require an increase in production. He has two options as to how he can accomplish that. One is to automate and lay off workers and the other is to hire more workers which he prefers. The problem is that the obama regime has placed regulations and reqirements in place now and in the future that mak it economically infeasable to hire people. Now keep in mind that this is the regime that attacked Romney viciously because he ran a business and had closed some of the non-profitable ones. This is the regime that ranted about putting Americans back to work, yet this is the regime that makes it nearly impossible to hire new people.

The free maket is not alive and well in this country. The Federal Regulations make it impractical for a small business to try and compete. So sorry that prt of your statement is simply wrong.

Bottom line is that I could care less about the election. It is evident how this POS won to anyone that isn't blinded by PC.
I want the Country to get well and with obama's policies that is not going to happen. His refusal to curb spending and continued assault on businesses that are not in his pocket are causing extreme harm to this country's health as a nation.
_49er_Arrrrrrr_

El Paso, TX

#101 Nov 18, 2012
URBS and Full of Shit that it drips off your face, GM is now posting a profit and paying back to loan.
You are a total disgrace and you should be ashamed for spreadind lies.
Infact you don't even know what you are talking about.....Obama Rocks..... FOUR MORE YEARS...FOUR MORE YEARS...FOUR MORE YEARS.... You like the rest of your ilk are envious of our President.
What would had Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan done by now? They even LOST THERE OWN STATES what does that tell you CRYBABY? LOSER you also lost in the El Paso elections goes to show you that you are truly a SORE IGNORANT LOSER.
TAX THE RICH TAX THE RICH, thet don't provide JOBS and help the economy what so ever, TAX THE RICH.
_49er_Arrrrrrr_

El Paso, TX

#102 Nov 18, 2012
idgaf wrote:
-This is just like the GM bailout. They took our money and built a huge plant in Mexico hiring what few people they hired from the locals.
GM already had huge plants in mexico, china and india. That is not new. Yes, the bailouts were a stupid idea. It did however save a lot of americans from getting canned. We will not bring manufacturing back to the usa. No matter who is presdient. Bottomline, remember that charity organizations don't make profits.
-No jobs for Americans but jobs for Mexicans.
No, americans need magical jobs that don't require us to work. Fairytale jobs like those you described from your imaginary businessman.
Once again, you win nothing by crying and complaining. Be a good loser and stop making the republicans look stupid on here. I have a problem with that. Obama won. Republicans ran a shitty race and I believe that obama deserved the win cause republicans were too stupid to understand changes in demographics. There was so much focus on the middleclass 250Kers that we forgot over 50 percent of the country makes 20K.
The election is over. This aint about romney or obama anymore. This is about America. Stop crying.
Nobody Took your Money the sorry ass republican minion, No One Took even a Nickle From You you POS your are Bitter Because Mitt Ronmey Lost, GET OVER IT or LEAVE THE COUNTRY you stupid JERK.
_49er_Arrrrrrr_

El Paso, TX

#103 Nov 18, 2012
So the Republicans want to secede from the United States? where will the all go? Form a new country in Anartica or more back to Europe?
The United States is Our Country and we ain't giving an inch of dirt to you rat face losing republicans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illegal Aliens Continue Murders 2 hr b trained 5
Poll Should Petro be Banned from this Forum? (Aug '12) 2 hr Manny 2,407
Ozzy's Landscaping? 11 hr not to small to m... 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 12 hr Roughed farts 772
first Perry now Paxton 12 hr yippee kiyay mofu 7
News Drivers complain of trash on Borderland highways 13 hr conservative oper... 27
time to get rid of city manager tommy gonzales 14 hr eyes of texas 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Paso Mortgages