El Paso FBI agents arrest state District Court Judge

FBI agents arrested newly elected state District Court Judge Manuel Barraza on Thursday morning. Full Story
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
BFD

El Paso, TX

#1 Apr 2, 2009
This will be interesting....
JessicaGiovanna

Irving, TX

#2 Apr 2, 2009
DISGUSTING!! I used to know his daughters a long time ago. He was a criminal defense attorney at that time. That is just so gross. My thoughts go out to his family who must be hurting by such a betrayal of trust.
SoLongManny

AOL

#3 Apr 2, 2009
Damn, its politics as usual in El Paso!

The Feds should also look into the exchange of family members of Judge Regina Arditti & Judge Barraza working in each other's court. Arditti's son is working for Barraza and a Barraza family member is working for Arditti.

Boy were we hoodwinked into voting for Arditti & Barraza. Both should resign.
Margarita

El Paso, TX

#4 Apr 2, 2009
what a pig? blah!
CentralNorm

El Paso, TX

#5 Apr 2, 2009
They should investigate Judge Patrick Garcia (and the whole El Paso Court system) of the 384th District Court for letting many people go especially if they blantley violated their Adult Probation status. There was a Drug Trafficker who hired Judge Barraza before he became a Judge along with another Attorney I belive his name is Gutierrez, and Judge Garcia let him walk withdrawing the warrants the DA's office sought after this guy had been arrested twice in two different incidents of drug traffiking and breaiking his probation term. Disgusting.
Chimichanga

El Paso, TX

#6 Apr 2, 2009
OOPS! I guess there will be an election, soon.
loser

El Paso, TX

#7 Apr 2, 2009
That dude messed up my DWI conviction two years ago, marano.
Who Endorsed This Guy

El Paso, TX

#8 Apr 2, 2009
Here's a list of who endorsed Barraza for election, from the Newspaper Tree Web site:

Manuel Barraza (D)

Coalition of Public Safety
El Paso Municipal Officers Association
El Paso Sheriff's Officers Association
El Paso Firefighters Local Number 51
Mexican American Bar Association
Camino Real Mexican American Democrats
District Attorney Jaime Esparza, Eastside Representative Steve Ortega, Commisioner Elect Anna Perez, Commissioner Elect Willie Gandara, City Representative Eddie Holguin, Community Activists Rosa Guerrero, Pete Duarte, Luis Mata, Tejano Democrats, Black El Paso Democrats.

Since: Apr 09

Dallas, TX

#9 Apr 2, 2009
Maybe will all of this corruption, El Paso Govt should dismiss all outstanding traffic warrants to make peace w/ the public.. haha.. That way I can go visit El Paso and not worry about being arrested :P
CentralNorm

El Paso, TX

#10 Apr 2, 2009
I should continue (read previous posting); this happened about a week today. This drug dealer did not even step inside the jail because Judge Patrick Garcia released him by withdrawing the warrants the DA's office sought after this DRUG TRAFFICKER violated his probation status by continuing with his DRUG TRAFFICKING and being arrested for DRUG TRAFFICKING. AGAIN DISGUSTING. WHO VOTED these Judges in, El Paso Citizens or the CARTEL. WHO are these Judges Representing the Community or the CARTEL???!!!???
Reality

Mcallen, TX

#11 Apr 2, 2009
Who Endorsed This Guy wrote:
Here's a list of who endorsed Barraza for election, from the Newspaper Tree Web site:
Manuel Barraza (D)
Coalition of Public Safety
El Paso Municipal Officers Association
El Paso Sheriff's Officers Association
El Paso Firefighters Local Number 51
Mexican American Bar Association
Camino Real Mexican American Democrats
District Attorney Jaime Esparza, Eastside Representative Steve Ortega, Commisioner Elect Anna Perez, Commissioner Elect Willie Gandara, City Representative Eddie Holguin, Community Activists Rosa Guerrero, Pete Duarte, Luis Mata, Tejano Democrats, Black El Paso Democrats.
Those that endorsed Barraza for election should be investigated also!

Since: Jan 09

Maribel, Texas

#14 Apr 2, 2009
JessicaGiovanna wrote:
DISGUSTING!! I used to know his daughters a long time ago. He was a criminal defense attorney at that time. That is just so gross. My thoughts go out to his family who must be hurting by such a betrayal of trust.
He was a criminal defense attorney. Now he's just a criminal needing a criminal defense attorney. Funny how things can do a 180 degrees in just a short time, isn't it.
sucio

Mesa, AZ

#15 Apr 2, 2009
The prisons are filled with innocent people put there by corrupt pigs like Barraza.

Since: Apr 09

Dallas, TX

#16 Apr 2, 2009
Panzon wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd probably have to poke Fat Manny to get a Free Pass.
That's sick.
Crooked Judges

AOL

#18 Apr 2, 2009
SoLongManny wrote:
The Feds should also look into the exchange of family members of Judge Regina Arditti & Judge Barraza working in each other's court. Arditti's son is working for Barraza and a Barraza family member is working for Arditti.
Anyone know which Barraza family member is working for Judge Regina Arditti? What are their salaries? Is this the norm in El Paso?
84 Miner

El Paso, TX

#19 Apr 2, 2009
It's hard to be a law abiding citizen when we have these type of people in positions of power that are no better than common criminals. There has to be a better screening performed for anyone who wishes to perform public service and they must have an independent oversight committee or something to monitor and track their operations. I am not happy when they use their influences to better their personal agendas. What a pity for the family who has to endure this, my prayers go out to them, not him!
John

Las Cruces, NM

#20 Apr 2, 2009
that is so sad to read about this Judge. We elect them and they do this. No respect for his family/ court/and his staff. His life down the drain for WHAT!!!
I feel for his family that have to put up with this for the next several weeks.
OutInTheWestTexa sTown

United States

#21 Apr 2, 2009
SoLongManny wrote:
Hoodwinked? This is another fine example of the consewquences of punching the straight party ticket when voting.
The real hoodwinking is that the Democratic Party has the majority of people in El Paso and elsewhere believing that the best way to vote is to vote straight ticket. Here ends the lesson.
oluC

United States

#23 Apr 2, 2009
Another Democrap bites the dust. Folks, this is what happens when Demoraps are elected time after time without any thought. They begin to think that they are above the law and can do anything they want. El Paso needs to stop electing Hispanic Democraps just because they have chicano names. These people are absolutely the worst and most corrupt individuals. FBI. PLEASE HELP US!!!
Straight Ticket

AOL

#25 Apr 2, 2009
OutInTheWestTexasTown wrote:
<quoted text>
Hoodwinked? This is another fine example of the consewquences of punching the straight party ticket when voting.
The real hoodwinking is that the Democratic Party has the majority of people in El Paso and elsewhere believing that the best way to vote is to vote straight ticket. Here ends the lesson.
There is the disease of straight ticket voting in both Parties. In parts of Texas, in predominantly whitey neighborhoods, they vote straight Republican Ticket. Straight ticket voting not just limited to El Paso, but across Texas & the nation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free gift cards 56 min huey goins 5
DWI laws and enforcement: is enough being done? 2 hr L Morales 23
El Paso Border Patrol officials taking addition... 4 hr L Morales 3
Why I vote democrat? 12 hr Petro 2
Abundant Living Faith Center Christmas Celebrat... Fri UR BS 11
El Paso's Clean Air Ordinance in effect startin... Fri UR BS 9
What shall I ask Santa for Christmas? Fri UR BS 21
El Paso Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web