Fact Checker

United States

#1 Apr 28, 2013
Re: Today's online essay:Ramon Renteria: "Birthday bombshell interrupts vacation/"

I was getting ready to lambaste Ramon, once again, today, until deep in his essay I discover that he appears to be a George Jones fan and even agrees that he is the best country singer of all time.

Maybe there is hope for Ramon after all.

Still, I cant understand why one feels reluctant to come face to face with his birth certificate until he gets ready to apply for SS benefits.

IMHO, Jones' best songs: "Tender Years" and "She Thinks I still Care." There are YouTube renditions of both songs on the Internet.
JWRussell USRN

El Paso, TX

#2 Apr 28, 2013
Fact Checker wrote:
Re: Today's online essay:Ramon Renteria: "Birthday bombshell interrupts vacation/"
I was getting ready to lambaste Ramon, once again, today, until deep in his essay I discover that he appears to be a George Jones fan and even agrees that he is the best country singer of all time.
Maybe there is hope for Ramon after all.
Still, I cant understand why one feels reluctant to come face to face with his birth certificate until he gets ready to apply for SS benefits.
IMHO, Jones' best songs: "Tender Years" and "She Thinks I still Care." There are YouTube renditions of both songs on the Internet.
He's dead. Let it go and move on to some fresh talent. Didn't you hear that he died?
Fat Grubby Trucker

Greenback, TN

#3 Apr 28, 2013
JWRussell USRN wrote:
<quoted text>
He's dead. Let it go and move on to some fresh talent. Didn't you hear that he died?
Yeah, I heard you put out that bit of false information a couple of times. I'll admit he is not the greatest writer, but if he's dead, he's still doing a lot better job for the Times than your obtuse, illiterate ass would do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rep. O'Rourke Touts a Safe Juarez, U.S. Warns o... 25 min No cherry trees 6
if all the mexicans go back to mexico america w... (Jan '08) 3 hr viva mexico 625
Poll Should Petro be Banned from this Forum? (Aug '12) 3 hr Manny 2,283
Review: Sun City Garage Doors 4 hr S-lopez 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 7 hr Field of Farts 823
News El Paso police shooting draws Mexican governmen... 10 hr What 13
News Fort Bliss soldier incompetent to stand trial f... (Aug '09) 12 hr L Morales 131
More from around the web

El Paso People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]