Can Religion cure a psychopath?

Posted in the El Paso Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wordsmith

United States

#1 Feb 13, 2013
The answer is a resounding "No." In fact it is a refuge for many psychopaths in that it facilitates their exploitation of the weaker.

Religion can actually exacerbate a psychopath (or sociopath's) deleterious effect upon society. We saw this in David Koresh and Jim Jones and not a few other clerics, including the many child predators in the Catholic Church. Psychopathic liars abound in the cloth of every religion.

The Cyber Age of Information makes it harder and harder to conceal one's true personality, especially those disordered by psychological factors. Psychopaths depend totally on disinformation, dissembling and the generally short term memories of society in order to engage in their warped deceptions. They also exploit the genuine pity of true Believers, an emotion that they can immitate, but cannot truly achieve.

The liberal (Democrat-controlled) media has spun the resignation of Pope Benedict as being the "first in 600 years," but they fail to point out that Pope Gregory XII resigned, not due to health, but to settle a schism in the Church where there were actually two claimants to the Papacy.

Damaging, inner conflict must inevitably arise when one has been forced to apologize for the behavior of so many clerics such as those under Pope Benedict's supervision. However, being wrong never hurt the Catholic Church conscience much before the Cyber Age. They jumped in and quickly endorsed the leadership of Mussolini and his Hitleresque agenda in WWII, and they did not apologize for that until a couple of decades ago.
Wordsmith

United States

#2 Feb 13, 2013
"(Christian Pity) preserves that which is ripe for destruction."
~Nietzsche.

(from his essay, "The Anti-Christ," also published in the "Portable Nietzsche."
What

El Paso, TX

#3 Feb 13, 2013
Wordsmith wrote:
The answer is a resounding "No." In fact it is a refuge for many psychopaths in that it facilitates their exploitation of the weaker.
Religion can actually exacerbate a psychopath (or sociopath's) deleterious effect upon society. We saw this in David Koresh and Jim Jones and not a few other clerics, including the many child predators in the Catholic Church. Psychopathic liars abound in the cloth of every religion.
The Cyber Age of Information makes it harder and harder to conceal one's true personality, especially those disordered by psychological factors. Psychopaths depend totally on disinformation, dissembling and the generally short term memories of society in order to engage in their warped deceptions. They also exploit the genuine pity of true Believers, an emotion that they can immitate, but cannot truly achieve.
The liberal (Democrat-controlled) media has spun the resignation of Pope Benedict as being the "first in 600 years," but they fail to point out that Pope Gregory XII resigned, not due to health, but to settle a schism in the Church where there were actually two claimants to the Papacy.
Damaging, inner conflict must inevitably arise when one has been forced to apologize for the behavior of so many clerics such as those under Pope Benedict's supervision. However, being wrong never hurt the Catholic Church conscience much before the Cyber Age. They jumped in and quickly endorsed the leadership of Mussolini and his Hitleresque agenda in WWII, and they did not apologize for that until a couple of decades ago.
Get a life and a job you little snatch.
Big Money

El Paso, TX

#4 Feb 13, 2013
what about the people that say God told me to do it.
JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

#5 Feb 13, 2013
Ah, we have an anit-religious nut in the house. What sins the Catholic Church has committed in the past are correctly sins of the past. Can you tell me how many sins every other church or non-church has committed or allowed to commit on the native Americans and the native tribes of Mexico, central America, and South America in the name of their GOD.

The Catholic Church's first sin was committed when the church told the women who were serving God as preachers, they could no longer do so because they were the weaker sex and had other duties to perform like having babies.
The Church then turned around and in the 11th and 12th and 13th centuries started The crusades.

"The Crusades were a series of religious expeditionary wars blessed by Pope Urban II and the Catholic Church, with the stated goal of restoring Christian access to the holy places in and near Jerusalem. Jerusalem was and is a sacred city and symbol of all three major Abrahamic faiths (Judaism, Christianity and Islam).[1] The background to the Crusades was set when the Seljuk Turks decisively defeated the Byzantine army in 1071 and cut off Christian access to Jerusalem. The Byzantine emperor, Alexis I, feared that all Asia Minor would be overrun. He called on western Christian leaders and the papacy to come to the aid of Constantinople by undertaking a pilgrimage or a crusade that would free Jerusalem from Muslim rule.[2] Another cause was the destruction of many Christian sacred sites and the persecution of Christians under the Fatimid caliph Al-Hakim."

Then after all the fighting in the middle eastern areas was done and the muslims had overrun everything there, the Spanish started the task of retaking Spain from the muslim leaders even though there was no real threat from them. The Archbishop and later Cardinal of Spain started a purge of not only the muslims but of all the Jews who had settled in Spain. The were told to leave of convert. When some began to leave the Cardinal had the Spanish troops relieve them of their property and money. The inquisitions killed many. This cardinal who was a psychopath was later elevated to POPE.
However, in a much later period when the colonization of the Americas began, the religious zealots of the Catholic and those who were sailing to northern America to practice their religions "freely", these same zealots forced many Native Americans to either the Catholic church's teaching or the Protestant's teaching or slaughter, jailing and beatings. All these leaders were psychopathic personalities. The Spanish then invaded north America (New Mexico) and established there headquarters in Albuquerque. When the ruler became a despot (psychopathic individual) and tried to subdue the native pueblo indians he took his troops and some "loyal" indians and began cutting the right foot of many of the men to suppress their rebellion. When the natives ran him out the psychopath Governor came south and allowed the "Tigua" isleta "traitors" to set up a place along the Rio Bravo near Socorro. The religion still remains. The "traitors" generations still remain. The "psychopaths" run the Socorro City Council acting like a well known dictator.
South America Suffered the same fate and there have been many psychopaths who have run the various governments or Argentina, Paraguay, Chile,Uruguay,and Venezuela. Central America has suffered as well. Panama, Mexico and Nicaragua.
Maybe

El Paso, TX

#6 Feb 13, 2013
What about that James Wright left winger that used and maybe still does guide his buddy from Chicago? there are a whole bunch of religous leaders out there that are a little off their rockers. But hey each to his own the big guy in the sky will have the final say on their fait would be my best guess.
JWRusel USNR

El Paso, TX

#7 Feb 13, 2013
Maybe wrote:
What about that James Wright left winger that used and maybe still does guide his buddy from Chicago? there are a whole bunch of religous leaders out there that are a little off their rockers. But hey each to his own the big guy in the sky will have the final say on their fait would be my best guess.
Get your facts straight, you double dumb butt. It's Jeremiah Wright to whom you refer. My credentials on this topic are unquestioned and my reputation for knowledge is impeccable.
Maybe

El Paso, TX

#8 Feb 13, 2013
JWRusel USNR wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your facts straight, you double dumb butt. It's Jeremiah Wright to whom you refer. My credentials on this topic are unquestioned and my reputation for knowledge is impeccable.
Well excuuuuuuuuuusssssssseeeee meeeeeee. The want to be the Great OZ has spoken. You will get no I'am sorry from me cause your rude. So kiss my grits and answer thr GD question about this Writey dude from Chicago
Bob Bakian

El Paso, TX

#9 Feb 13, 2013
JWRusel USNR wrote:
<quoted text>
My mother had the same arrogant attitude but she blamed all the world's problems on the Jews. Last Thanksgiving, she went on a rant about how the Jews own everything and the Jew this and the Jew that. I was embarrassed for her since she was making a fool of herself in front of the grand-kids so I tried to keep her quiet by asking if she wanted another piece of sweet potato pie. She boomed, "NO - I want to keep talking about JEWS." So please get a grip before you turn into a bigot.
Bob Bakian

El Paso, TX

#10 Feb 13, 2013
Maybe wrote:
<quoted text> Well excuuuuuuuuuusssssssseeeee meeeeeee. The want to be the Great OZ has spoken. You will get no I'am sorry from me cause your rude. So kiss my grits and answer thr GD question about this Writey dude from Chicago
Obama cut him loose after the election, didn't he? Wright went on a tirade in a press conference and Obama threw him under the bus. He doesn't need a religious adviser now anyway, since he has been anointed by the mdia as the Second Coming himself.
Russell Un_Indicted Felon

United States

#11 Feb 13, 2013
[QUOTE who=""]Ah, we have an anit-religious nut in the house. What sins the Catholic Church has committed in the past are correctly sins of the past. Can you tell me how many sins every other church or non-church has committed or allowed to commit on the native Americans and the native tribes of Mexico, central America, and South America in the name of their GOD.
The Catholic Church's first sin was committed when the church told the women who were serving God as preachers, they could no longer do so because they were the weaker sex and had other duties to perform like having babies.
The Church then turned around and in the 11th and 12th and 13th centuries started The crusades.
"The Crusades were a series of religious expeditionary wars blessed by Pope Urban II and the Catholic Church, with the stated goal of restoring Christian access to the holy places in and near Jerusalem. Jerusalem was and is a sacred city and symbol of all three major Abrahamic faiths (Judaism, Christianity and Islam).[1] The background to the Crusades was set when the Seljuk Turks decisively defeated the Byzantine army in 1071 and cut off Christian access to Jerusalem. The Byzantine emperor, Alexis I, feared that all Asia Minor would be overrun. He called on western Christian leaders and the papacy to come to the aid of Constantinople by undertaking a pilgrimage or a crusade that would free Jerusalem from Muslim rule.[2] Another cause was the destruction of many Christian sacred sites and the persecution of Christians under the Fatimid caliph Al-Hakim."
Then after all the fighting in the middle eastern areas was done and the muslims had overrun everything there, the Spanish started the task of retaking Spain from the muslim leaders even though there was no real threat from them. The Archbishop and later Cardinal of Spain started a purge of not only the muslims but of all the Jews who had settled in Spain. The were told to leave of convert. When some began to leave the Cardinal had the Spanish troops relieve them of their property and money. The inquisitions killed many. This cardinal who was a psychopath was later elevated to POPE.
However, in a much later period when the colonization of the Americas began, the religious zealots of the Catholic and those who were sailing to northern America to practice their religions "freely", these same zealots forced many Native Americans to either the Catholic church's teaching or the Protestant's teaching or slaughter, jailing and beatings. All these leaders were psychopathic personalities. The Spanish then invaded north America (New Mexico) and established there headquarters in Albuquerque. When the ruler became a despot (psychopathic individual) and tried to subdue the native pueblo indians he took his troops and some "loyal" indians and began cutting the right foot of many of the men to suppress their rebellion. When the natives ran him out the psychopath Governor came south and allowed the "Tigua" isleta "traitors" to set up a place along the Rio Bravo near Socorro. The religion still remains. The "traitors" generations still remain. The "psychopaths" run the Socorro City Council acting like a well known dictator.
South America Suffered the same fate and there have been many psychopaths who have run the various governments or Argentina, Paraguay, Chile,Uruguay,and Venezuela. Central America has suffered as well. Panama, Mexico and Nicaragua.[/QUOTE]

Here we have a plagiarizing screed by one of the most bigoted individuals on this forum.

Do yourself a favor and stop revealing your ignorance along with your criminal mentality, James Russell. And we don't give a damn if you were a cook in the galley of some Navy ship for a quarter of a century. You could have been replaced by an illegal alien.
If you want to be persuasive to intelligent readers, read the MLA Manual on Style and learn how, when and where to document and credit your sources. It may help you stay out of jail.
RU4Real

United States

#12 Feb 13, 2013
JWRusel USNR wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the MLA Manual on Style and your ignorance on when where and how do document and credit your sources, and you might stay of of jail, you numb skull. The crime is called theft of intellectual property and plagiarism.
What an Ignoramus

United States

#13 Feb 13, 2013
James Russell is a lot like David Koresh. He reads the material one or two sources and does not know how to be objective and critical, or use comparative analysis. He has no opinions of his own; he just uses litanies, cliches and quotes from others that are all amenable to serious challenge. His sources are seriously flawed, like his cut-and-paste mentality.

But he is another of the trolls on this forum that has his mind made up and doesn't want to be confused by facts. Like Christopher Dornan, I'll bet Russell constantly played the race card in the military and in other jobs and was a crybaby constantly trying to curry favor by intimidation of supervisors.
Dame Agua

United States

#14 Feb 13, 2013
RU4Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the MLA Manual on Style and your ignorance on when where and how do document and credit your sources, and you might stay of of jail, you numb skull. The crime is called theft of intellectual property and plagiarism.
A lot of posters try and steal my stuff I post have heard Rush and michelle brockman use my material.
Ya Dont Say

United States

#15 Feb 13, 2013
Dame Agua wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of posters try and steal my stuff I post have heard Rush and michelle brockman use my material.
Do they steal your moniker--like you steal everyone else's?

The putotas of South El Paso would not quote anything you would say--they would not want to look that dumb.
Big Money

El Paso, TX

#16 Feb 18, 2013
what about the people that say God told me to do it.
Mr_D_ElPaso

El Paso, TX

#17 Mar 24, 2013
It can fix homosexuals.
POS

Shanghai, China

#18 Mar 24, 2013
It, will need an exorcism.
JWRussell USRN

El Paso, TX

#19 Mar 25, 2013
What an Ignoramus wrote:
James Russell is a lot like David Koresh. He reads the material one or two sources and does not know how to be objective and critical, or use comparative analysis. He has no opinions of his own; he just uses litanies, cliches and quotes from others that are all amenable to serious challenge. His sources are seriously flawed, like his cut-and-paste mentality.
But he is another of the trolls on this forum that has his mind made up and doesn't want to be confused by facts. Like Christopher Dornan, I'll bet Russell constantly played the race card in the military and in other jobs and was a crybaby constantly trying to curry favor by intimidation of supervisors.
At least I wasn't a member of the SLA. I never liked Patty Hearst and was quite upset when they kidnap her. There was a black guy calling the shots for that group so that tells you something about their mentality.
Larry Grover

El Paso, TX

#20 Mar 25, 2013
JWRussell USRN wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I wasn't a member of the SLA. I never liked Patty Hearst and was quite upset when they kidnap her. There was a black guy calling the shots for that group so that tells you something about their mentality.
No one accused you of being affiliated with the SLA. Your defensive answer makes me wonder, however.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fort Bliss soldier incompetent to stand trial f... (Aug '09) 39 min Historian 141
if all the mexicans go back to mexico america w... (Jan '08) 1 hr Mexican-American ... 633
News El Paso police shooting draws Mexican governmen... 2 hr Mexican-American ... 16
Federal judges ordered to seize bank accounts f... 3 hr IH-10 could be de... 23
News Rep. O'Rourke Touts a Safe Juarez, U.S. Warns o... 10 hr Fossilfuel 7
Poll Should Petro be Banned from this Forum? (Aug '12) 17 hr Manny 2,283
Review: Sun City Garage Doors 17 hr S-lopez 1
More from around the web

El Paso People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]