Barbecue & wine: What to serve with b...

Barbecue & wine: What to serve with brisket & such

There are 4 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jul 21, 2009, titled Barbecue & wine: What to serve with brisket & such. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

The idea seemed intriguing enough: Does wine pair well with barbecue? A group of wine enthusiasts and growers met on a recent sunny afternoon to taste wines and a variety of barbecue-- Vic Poulos, owner of Zin Valle Winery; Ken Stark, owner of La Vina Winery; Ray Stafford, El Paso Times publisher and wine collector; Mark Heins, wine expert and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

“Proud Skeptic!”

Since: Feb 08

El Paso

#1 Jul 22, 2009
Only pretentious snobs drink wine with barbecue. The correct adult beverage for ANY meat cooked on the grill is, of course, beer.

“It's always sunny in El Paso.”

Since: Sep 08

El Paso, TX

#2 Jul 22, 2009
The wines, I guess, must be OK (but what do they taste like and WHY do they pair well, is what I want to know?). But it's kinda of a crappy menu, more likely to be eaten by peasants. What sides were served? Who the hell barbecues turkey? How should the meat be cooked? What would the French wines pair well with?
Vicky Wine

France

#3 Jul 27, 2009
Oh! I think wine goes very well with barbecue and there are enough wines on the planet to match with any kind of barbecue. Here is my perception with wine and burger: http://missvickywine.blogspot.com/2009/07/lov...

Enjoy the reading!

“It's always sunny in El Paso.”

Since: Sep 08

El Paso, TX

#4 Jul 27, 2009
Vicky Wine wrote:
Oh! I think wine goes very well with barbecue and there are enough wines on the planet to match with any kind of barbecue. Here is my perception with wine and burger: http://missvickywine.blogspot.com/2009/07/lov...
Enjoy the reading!
Read your blog. I don't think your targeting wine drinkers, who don't need to be convinced that wine goes well with a burger or barbecue. I'm more concerned with what's in that burger. Doesn't have to be fancy, but flavors do vary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hispanics Mad At Trump For Calling Alicia Macha... 19 min Old Res Vet 6
New Trump Sandwich 27 min L Morales 7
Beatdown for Grubby once again 1 hr ElChucolate915 1
Ladies of El Paso. Stop the Sexual Harrasment 1 hr New Resident 16
Arkansas AG is A TRAMP! 3 hr DC Dave 17
News El Paso democrats hold debate watch party 5 hr James Russell USNR 20
Auto glass repair El Paso 6 hr James Russell USNR 2

El Paso Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance