Convicted serial killer David Leonard...

Convicted serial killer David Leonard Wood settles in at El Pas...

There are 26 comments on the El Paso Times story from Dec 3, 2009, titled Convicted serial killer David Leonard Wood settles in at El Pas.... In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Convicted serial killer David Leonard Wood has settled in at the El Paso County Jail while he waits for the Dec.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
so sad

AOL

#1 Dec 4, 2009
i hope people will one day see the truth about this. an innocent person sits now waiting to see if he will be spared. while a killer walks around amongst us still.
Not Innocent

United States

#2 Dec 4, 2009
There are testimonies stating that he has lured women and taken them out to the desert not far from where he lived in the area.

He is not as dumb as the lawyers are making him to be. He had a motorcycle and a car. I don't know too many retarded people that could handle the complexity of driving.

Let's put it in another way - look at all the bad he has done compared to the good. I don't know of any good this man has ever done.

I hope justice is properly served for the victims.
WoodisInnocent

Canutillo, TX

#3 Dec 4, 2009
David Leonard Wood was convicted on circumstantial evidence and storytelling.

Wood submitted to every DNA test asked of him and was found NOT to be linked to any of the crimes he is falsely accused of. According to forensic and scientific evidence, Wood is innocent.
CNN

Canutillo, TX

#4 Dec 4, 2009
Lisa Bloom, legal analyst on CNN, said tonight there should be an outrage when people are convicted when there is scant DNA evidence, partial confession, and lies to the police. In the Wood Case, there is NO DNA evidence, NO confession, but plenty of fingerpointing.

Bloom said this happens everyday, even in this country and expressed disbelief. CNN was also talking how people become a victim and found guilty because of a media circus. It was like they were talking about the Wood case to a T.
Expert

Canutillo, TX

#5 Dec 4, 2009
A psychiatrist from Stanford, one of the most renowned universities in the world (especially in medicine), said that David Leonard Wood IS mentally retarded.
CrAp

San Antonio, TX

#6 Dec 4, 2009
He appears to be comfortable and is eating all his meals, Acosta said. He can watch television but does not have access to the gym at the jail.

Who really gives a F$$k. This piece of scum shoulda been executed already.. Anyone saying he's innocent is so full of CrAp.. Let's see when they caught him, the murders stopped.... They have evidence.... He's and IDIOT, but he's not retarded... Fry the F$$K....
WoodisInnocent

Canutillo, TX

#7 Dec 4, 2009
CrAp wrote:
He appears to be comfortable and is eating all his meals, Acosta said. He can watch television but does not have access to the gym at the jail.
Who really gives a F$$k. This piece of scum shoulda been executed already.. Anyone saying he's innocent is so full of CrAp.. Let's see when they caught him, the murders stopped.... They have evidence.... He's and IDIOT, but he's not retarded... Fry the F$$K....
Present the DNA/Forensic evidence then. You know the one that says he is cleared. Oh, and the murders did not stop when Wood was in prison. In 1996 there was the kidnapping and disappearance of Kimberlee Ann Mallard, another small-framed young woman who disappeared near where the bodies where buried on Dyer and McCombs in the Northeast.
WoodisInnocent

Canutillo, TX

#8 Dec 4, 2009
Females still continued to disappear and remain missing in the Northeast even though Wood was in prison.

http://www.elpasotexas.gov/police/mallard.asp
Stanford

Canutillo, TX

#9 Dec 6, 2009
Expert wrote:
A psychiatrist from Stanford, one of the most renowned universities in the world (especially in medicine), said that David Leonard Wood IS mentally retarded.
Will this expert medical doctor from Stanford be at Wood's trial to testify he is mentally retarded.
qtpie

United States

#10 Dec 8, 2009
I hope they find him guilty again. He is not retarded by no means. He tried to pick me up as well at the circle k on mccombs. I totally ignored him, lucky for me my brother was with me. which david had not realized until my brother told him to leave me alone. I have no doubt in my mind that this fuck is guilty. He desrves nothing more than to die like those innocent young ladies did by his hands. I think he should feel 100 times more scared for his life than they did, and feel 100 times more pain than they did. Too bad they cant do to him exactly what he did to them!!! My heart goes out to those young ladies and their families. I was good friends with 2 of those little sweeties; desiree w. melissa a. is still missing but im sure he has something to do with her disappearance also. I actually saw david talking with cheryl v. at the circle k on his truck. Never saw or heard from her again. Im sure he did something to her too. I intend on attending his new court hearing on dec. 14. Hope his true colors are revealed. He must pay for his horrible sins!
Def

Berlin, Germany

#11 Dec 8, 2009
Iīm watching this case from abraod and my opinion is that he is guilty for this horribal crimes and that he got a fair lawsuit. I don`t think he is mantally retarded. My opinion is that this man is sick, he is sick in his brain and the question ist what to do with a man whose "CPU" fails. For my computer the answer is clear. If his "brain" fails and it isnīt possible to fix the malfunction it would be scrapped, but a man is not a computer !
no one special

AOL

#12 Dec 9, 2009
Def wrote:
Iīm watching this case from abraod and my opinion is that he is guilty for this horribal crimes and that he got a fair lawsuit. I don`t think he is mantally retarded. My opinion is that this man is sick, he is sick in his brain and the question ist what to do with a man whose "CPU" fails. For my computer the answer is clear. If his "brain" fails and it isnīt possible to fix the malfunction it would be scrapped, but a man is not a computer !
watching from abroad is quite different than living it from ones own backyard. keep your opinions to yourself.
no one special

AOL

#13 Dec 9, 2009
this is an innocent man.
Def

Berlin, Germany

#14 Dec 9, 2009
Well, sometimes watching things from a distance gives you another perpective. There are a lot of mentally illnesses one can suffer. For example depressions, bipolar disorder, anxiety states....
These forms of mentally illnesses are usually harmfull to themselves but other disorders are a threats for the environment.
I had a close friend who suffered from depression I dinīt realised it all the time. Someday he took his car drove on the Autobahn in the wrong way and crashed with another car. He and another passenger in the other car died at the scene. Is he now a slayer ?
Get Real

United States

#15 Jan 11, 2010
David is not innocent. The DNA evidence is not substantial because this man was clever enough not to leave any on victims who could provide the source. Keep in mind that when a victim's body is left in the desert that it doesn't take much time before there is anything left but bones. With that said, how can you (or anyone else) expect to obtain this man's DNA in such a situation???

He has been officially linked to the crime scenes, has a history of related criminal activity, and there are those out there that still think he is innocent???? I guess some people really do get away with murder.
truth behind a lie

AOL

#16 Jan 11, 2010
Get Real wrote:
David is not innocent. The DNA evidence is not substantial because this man was clever enough not to leave any on victims who could provide the source. Keep in mind that when a victim's body is left in the desert that it doesn't take much time before there is anything left but bones. With that said, how can you (or anyone else) expect to obtain this man's DNA in such a situation???
He has been officially linked to the crime scenes, has a history of related criminal activity, and there are those out there that still think he is innocent???? I guess some people really do get away with murder.
i guess that like so many others, to you ignorance is indeed bliss. apparently its much easier for people to believe what they are told to believe, than to actually discover the truth for themselves. there was in fact D.N.A. left behind, and tested....but alas, apparently no match was made against the aforementioned mr. wood...as it would most assuredly have been used in his trial. but i suppose using testimony of paid jailhouse informants was a more reliable way to convict.
more reliable than D.N.A.? i think not.
use the brain cell the good Lord gave you...there was testing done.....not one iota of it was linked to this person. had ANYTHING AT ALL MATCHED....DOES YOUR ONE BRAIN CELL THINK THEY WOULD HAVE NOT USED IT?? the big lie is that there was no D.N.A. TESTING DONE.
whether or not you want to believe in this mans innocence or his guilt, believe this..........there was testing done.
alot of people got lied to when it came to this case.
Cleared

Canutillo, TX

#17 Jan 14, 2010
Get Real wrote:
"OFFICIAL" means by forensic evidence and David Wood was cleared by scientific standards. Young ladies continued to dissapear in the Northeast despite Wood being in prison. Any more lies you want to clear up?

Also, someone mentioned some of the bodies were in body bags, and asked where could body bags be obtained. My guess would be the coroner's office, I guess. Where does one get a hold of body bags????
DNA EVIDENCE

Canutillo, TX

#18 Jan 14, 2010
Get Real wrote:
It seems like whomever did these murders has alot of knowledge of how bodies deteriote compared to the average person, and what is needed to determine a cause of death during an autopsy.

Wood was asked to give blood samples, fingernail clippings, and semen and hair for a reason: for DNA testing. Wood was not linked to any of the bodies and cleared. Yet, this extremely important FACT was not mention during his trial. Reason being the prosecution wants a conviction and to win, despite that they know Wood is innocent and have no hard scientific evidence.
truth behind a lie

AOL

#19 Jan 15, 2010
Cleared wrote:
<quoted text>
"OFFICIAL" means by forensic evidence and David Wood was cleared by scientific standards. Young ladies continued to dissapear in the Northeast despite Wood being in prison. Any more lies you want to clear up?
Also, someone mentioned some of the bodies were in body bags, and asked where could body bags be obtained. My guess would be the coroner's office, I guess. Where does one get a hold of body bags????
i'm the someone who mentioned that two of the victims were indeed uncovered already inside of body bags.my point in mentioning that was that that information was published in the el paso times, twenty years ago. also in that article, was the fact that there was 37 pounds of dirt from another desert location, inside one of those body bags, and ten pounds or so in the other bag.which leads me to believe that these girls were buried in another location, dug up, rather carelessly, and reburied out there in the northeast. i am completely on the side of david wood being an innocent man.
my purpose in saying all this is to point out to those people who think he is guilty, that if they had just kept up with the case and read, the paper, they would have realized that d.n.a testing was done, obviously no match exsisted or they would have used the d.n.a.
-face the facts people.....DAVID WOOD IS INNOCENT.
truth behind a lie

AOL

#20 Jan 15, 2010
Get Real wrote:
YOU, MY DEAR ARE IGNORANT.
not trying to insult anyone, but he has not been officially linked to anything. his history of "related" criminal history is not as related as you've been led to believe. his criminal history is of sexual assault.....not murder. there is not one shred of evidence that these women were sexually assaulted. not one little iota of evidence that supports that.
i suggest you go to your local library and look through the archives from 1987 and 1988 related to this case and re read everything with fresh eyes. you will be shocked at the things you find, that you might have missed the first time around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evidence is in, FARTS ARE GOOD! 2 hr Fart Evident 31
Caca and farts (Jul '17) 2 hr Fart Swamp 60
News Trump Tells The Story Of A Fallen Border Patrol... 2 hr TrumpFarts 8
I Hardly Ever Fart Here Anymore 5 hr Fart Lung 8
The White Fart House (Jul '17) 5 hr Fart Clouds 111
The Big Fart Debate 2 5 hr Use Fartsoaps 48
News Beware of cosmetic surgery practitioners who ar... (Feb '09) 5 hr Use Fartsoaps 51

El Paso Jobs

Personal Finance

El Paso Mortgages