Ex-Ysleta schools boss focus of inquiry

Ex-Ysleta schools boss focus of inquiry

There are 109 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jul 16, 2008, titled Ex-Ysleta schools boss focus of inquiry. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Former Ysleta Independent School District Superintendent Hector Montenegro may have to take some time off from his duties leading the Arlington School District, if trustees vote to place him on paid ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Arlington Associates

Red Oak, TX

#1 Jul 16, 2008
Friends in Ysleta - If Hector left El Paso in November and didn't go to Arlington until February, where was he in the mean time? Are rumors that he was fired from Ysleta true?
From the past

Menomonee Falls, WI

#2 Jul 16, 2008
Looks like the fish throwing former Super "Hollywood Hector" has finally got caught with his hand in the fish bowel. He certainly spent the txa payers in San Marcos and Ysleta. Looks like the dancing machine may two step his way out of Arlington.
OGI

United States

#3 Jul 16, 2008
Ahhh, What a beautiful morning. I have been waiting a couple years for the misdeeds of this pompous jackaasss to catch up with him. First, the financial misdeeds and second, hopefully his sex scandal in the Ysleta central office which I believe caused the collapse of his personal life. These two things should destroy his public life and he did it all by himself because he is a pompous, condescending, pretentious,arrogant, prancing peacockk who demands his subordinates kneel before him and give worship to his presence. It took more than El Paso to put a stop to this guy and Kudos to Arlington for standing up instead of covering it up. No one deserves to go down in flames more than this guy. Oh wait, I forgot about the Idiots who run SISD and all their mindless minions, they deserve it also. Maybe their time will come also. Your buddy, OGI
Dantes

El Paso, TX

#4 Jul 16, 2008
OGI wrote:
Ahhh, What a beautiful morning. I have been waiting a couple years for the misdeeds of this pompous jackaasss to catch up with him. First, the financial misdeeds and second, hopefully his sex scandal in the Ysleta central office which I believe caused the collapse of his personal life. These two things should destroy his public life and he did it all by himself because he is a pompous, condescending, pretentious,arrogant, prancing peacockk who demands his subordinates kneel before him and give worship to his presence. It took more than El Paso to put a stop to this guy and Kudos to Arlington for standing up instead of covering it up. No one deserves to go down in flames more than this guy. Oh wait, I forgot about the Idiots who run SISD and all their mindless minions, they deserve it also. Maybe their time will come also. Your buddy, OGI
Couldn't be better said. I don't get satisfaction from seeing others fall. But this arrogant arse did it all alone. And he did it at a consequence of many YISD employess (many of them former) who really dedicated themselves to the community and their jobs. Maybe Hollywood Hector should load up on Tom Petty's Free Fallin'
Smiley

El Paso, TX

#5 Jul 16, 2008
OGI wrote:
I agree, his arrogance caught up with him!
Perez Hilton

Juárez, Mexico

#6 Jul 16, 2008
He looks just like the guy from American Pie!
OGI

United States

#7 Jul 16, 2008
Dantes wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't be better said. I don't get satisfaction from seeing others fall. But this arrogant arse did it all alone. And he did it at a consequence of many YISD employess (many of them former) who really dedicated themselves to the community and their jobs. Maybe Hollywood Hector should load up on Tom Petty's Free Fallin'
I agree. I don't live to see others fall. I just know eventually everyone gets whats coming to them. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. Sometimes in life we see people who are just beggin to be made an example of and never seem to get what's due. Mr. Montenegro is due.
GentleCynic

United States

#8 Jul 16, 2008
I feel so sorry for the people of Arlington ISD. I'm afraid they are stuck with Montenegro. No, he wasn't officially fired in YISD, but he was on the verge of it. Anyone who worked near him found out soon that he was incompetent and arrogant about it. OGI, you are brilliant!!! I'll bet I know you, as you state the case against this monster very graphically. You must have been up close to this bullying idiot.

I truly hope that Arlington can dispose of this horrible example of a Texas school superintendent.
former YISD teacher

El Paso, TX

#9 Jul 16, 2008
His insane desire to be exalted was, and I'm sure still is, a sickening spectacle. I only hope the many morally corrupt men (after all, it was the 'boy's club') who still hold administrative positions, both at central office and in the schools, will learn from this downfall and reform their behavior. As many teachers in the district know, HM was not the ony one to poorly represent educators with their inappropriate sexual behavior. What a disgrace!
Monchis

El Paso, TX

#10 Jul 16, 2008
Former YISD superintendent Hector Montenegro's dubious, character, and lack of ethical standards, should have been scrutinized more closely by the school board members that hired him!
The school board that was in place at the time of Montenegro's hiring should be held accountable for their gross negligence and out right stupidity, for failing to adequately check his background!
Maybe those school board members not only saw stars, but also visions of dollar signs dancing above their heads, as Montenegro promised these buffoons the moon and the stars!
All these unethical, corrupt pigs should be forced to return taxpayer money that they've squandered!
We continue to see the crony and corporate feeding frenzy that's pretty much still the rule, at the public trough, by these unscrupulous free loading leeches!
Also, notice that he was suspended, "with pay", which could only mean one thing, the trustees want to ensure themselves, that Montenegro won't spill the beans!
VLR

El Paso, TX

#11 Jul 16, 2008
Maybe they should launch an investigation at the YISD administration building
WOW

El Paso, TX

#12 Jul 16, 2008
Funny he returned over $8000 after the trustees starting checking into his finances. He should have returned it before hand.
Gabriel

Mesa, AZ

#13 Jul 16, 2008
Everyone appears to be correct as to his character. I had one encounter with Montenegro on a flight back from San Antonio a couple of years ago, his arrogance was mind-blowing. Mr. Montenegro quickly introduced himself as superintendent (Ysleta), but after that quick introduction he appeared very annoyed at casual conversation in regards to schools in his district. Being a new resident to EP, and inquiring about schools for my kids to attend I quickly figured out he was not an individual for the school district, rather a self centered egoistic person. Good job Arlington!!
GentleCynic

United States

#14 Jul 16, 2008
Speaking of money, the public should know the total dollar amount of the settlements the YISD paid out to employees that were wrongfully terminated by Montenegro. I'm certain that it would boggle the average taxpayer's mind. Also, someone needs to go over the billings from the attorneys who had to twist the law to conform with Montenegro's ill-advised terminations.

Also, someone needs to check into the cost of the two superintendent office remodelings that took place during his tenure. Another dollar figure that would boggle the mind, I'm sure.
Heartsick for Arlington

United States

#15 Jul 16, 2008
When a friend said, "I have one word for you...Google," I thought, Okay. In a very small nutshell--San Marcos couldn't warn Ysleta about HM because it would have meant relaying info from a closed door session/ Ysleta couldn't warn Arlington about HM because they wanted him gone/ Arlington, well Arlington is in a mess because of it. Why didn't Arlington Google? I have no idea. While browsing archives, The Austin Chronicle, week July 15-21, 2005 had an editorial about HM that his salary was 190,000 and a home owned by the district but he earned over 500,000 his first year in Ysleta. That's over 300,000 in wheeling and dealing and other "stuff." I never faulted a guy for making an honest buck, but for a strapped for money district, 500,000 made by HM in a year would give me pause? Then in The Austin Chronicle, June29, 2007 there is a long article about a principal running from Ysleta (that is also the title of the article) that includes HM saying that he used his influence in Autin to get this principal hired. By the time the dust had settled, Austin had the principal...running from Ysleta. I have read articles and comments by people who appear to be in the know. I saw a picture of HM's YISD 11 member public relations team on the Peyton Wilcott website. Please, if it takes 11 staff members hired to make the super look good, again... it would give me pause. Whatever happens in Arlington, considering all the money spent on "Failure...Option," the reassignments and loss of personnel, and the credit card spending,well, I just Arlington will give someone a "head's up" and one word, "Google."
Jorge Weis

El Paso, TX

#16 Jul 16, 2008
Another public official, another curruption investigation. How can people trust public officials in El Paso? I read somewhere that the FBI investigation into El Paso public curruptions is two years old and is far from conclusion. So sad.
A very upset Educator

Arlington, TX

#17 Jul 16, 2008
ARLINGTON -- Supporters of Arlington Superintendent Hector Montenegro plan to gather at noon Thursday at the school administration building, 1203 W. Pioneer Parkway, to back the embattled administrator and register their displeasure with the school board.

I dont think this guy has supporters unless he is paying them.
Jorge Weis

El Paso, TX

#18 Jul 16, 2008
A very upset Educator wrote:
ARLINGTON -- Supporters of Arlington Superintendent Hector Montenegro plan to gather at noon Thursday at the school administration building, 1203 W. Pioneer Parkway, to back the embattled administrator and register their displeasure with the school board.
I dont think this guy has supporters unless he is paying them.
A red flag should have been raised just the fact that he worked in El Paso. There are so many currupt public officials in El Paso: from city managers, judges, county commissioners, to congressman. The FBI public curruption investigation unit in El Paso has trippled its manpower in the past three years. Even afer a series of guilty pleads, the investigation is far from over.

Don't hire any public officials from El Paso, or at least check with the FBI first!
EPT

United States

#19 Jul 16, 2008
Jorge Weis wrote:
Another public official, another curruption investigation. How can people trust public officials in El Paso? I read somewhere that the FBI investigation into El Paso public curruptions is two years old and is far from conclusion. So sad.
How do you trust public officials anywhere genius??
EPT

United States

#20 Jul 16, 2008
Jorge Weis wrote:
<quoted text>
A red flag should have been raised just the fact that he worked in El Paso. There are so many currupt public officials in El Paso: from city managers, judges, county commissioners, to congressman. The FBI public curruption investigation unit in El Paso has trippled its manpower in the past three years. Even afer a series of guilty pleads, the investigation is far from over.
Don't hire any public officials from El Paso, or at least check with the FBI first!
You seem to know a lot about the FBI investigation in El Paso, that we here in El Paso don't even hear about. Sounds like you work for the FBI and if so Lord help us all, under the right pressure you'd sing like a bird...I think they need to keep you out of their operations you'll blow their cover.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware of La Choza Restaurant (Apr '09) 18 hr Baked Farts 97
Seeking A Fart Lactating Farting Woman 19 hr Its just farts 14
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 19 hr just fart wondering 24,359
News Explore the weight of a border wall along the e... 20 hr Far tee fart 167
News Police, federal agents swarm Northeast neighbor... Sun 13 More Sharts 2
David Saucedo Is Not Mature Enough To Be El Pas... Sat rock the fart vote 4
News 3 arrested in firearms burglary after standoff Sat So good fart 6

El Paso Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Paso Mortgages