Atheists in El Paso?
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
happy heathen

El Paso, TX

#1 Nov 8, 2008
I was just wondering if there were any atheist, agnostic, or freethinkers in El Paso on here?

“Out in the West Texas”

Since: Mar 08

town of El Paso

#2 Nov 8, 2008
Who would want to be an atheist? It's a non-prophet organization with no holiday. God forbid!
Truth God

AOL

#3 Nov 8, 2008
I submit that if you are a Democrat you are an atheist. If you voted for Obama you are a Muslim.
_Arrrrrrr

United States

#4 Nov 8, 2008
atheist, i dont like them as they have attempted to remove the word In God We Trust from our currency, they have attempted to remove the words from our pledge of allegiance One nation under God, these are truly the children of satan, they are the anti christ, this world would be a sad world if they controled the world and had their way.
Open your mind

El Paso, TX

#5 Nov 8, 2008
I am agnostic.
west sider

El Paso, TX

#6 Nov 8, 2008
Ya there are a lot of free thinkers, atheists not so much.

Even more importantly you can get a limpia for your house from a good santaria priest, Obama may want to think about that.
rosemary

El Paso, TX

#7 Nov 10, 2008
yes, of course there are. they just don't advertise it, since you can see how some people react to it. if you are trying to meet up with some, i would suggest looking elsewhere, so you are not bombarded with hateful comments, etc.
happy heathen

El Paso, TX

#8 Nov 18, 2008
_Arrrrrrr wrote:
atheist, i dont like them as they have attempted to remove the word In God We Trust from our currency, they have attempted to remove the words from our pledge of allegiance One nation under God, these are truly the children of satan, they are the anti christ, this world would be a sad world if they controled the world and had their way.
How bitter, I must say. Does it make you less of a xtian to have those words removed? Had their way?? What exactly is their way? What basis are you making such illogical assumptions on? "Under God" wasn't in the pledge until 1954, so let's not be dellusional as if it had always been there. Children of satan, I would argue that there are more alleged xtians that are more likely to be children of satan than atheist, agnostics, freethinkers, etc.

I'm sorry that you have a misperception, or a bad experience with people who happen to not believe in god ~any of them~. But I assure you if we were to ever meet (hypothetical of course), you would never suspect my family and I were atheists unless you asked us to church ;).
happy heathen

El Paso, TX

#9 Nov 18, 2008
Open your mind wrote:
I am agnostic.
Hello, I was just wanting to strike conversation with like minded individuals. In my line of work, paid and volunteer, I hear alot of "Gods watching over you" type assumptions, and I'd like to just get away from it for a while.
happy heathen

El Paso, TX

#10 Nov 18, 2008
rosemary wrote:
yes, of course there are. they just don't advertise it, since you can see how some people react to it. if you are trying to meet up with some, i would suggest looking elsewhere, so you are not bombarded with hateful comments, etc.
Thank you Rosemary. I don't mind advertising, just because I know there are some awful fears and horrid assumptions about us. I like to debunk them when possible. Not for trying to 'de-convert' anyone, just to show we are normal law biding citizens too and not the monsters we are pertrayed as at times. However, I do appreciate your warning.
religionless

El Paso, TX

#11 Nov 20, 2008
I'm a proud El Paso atheist and advocate of seperation of church nd state. Glad to see I'm not alone.
Let Reason Ring

El Paso, TX

#12 Nov 20, 2008
I myself am not an athiest, as I am Jewish, but I do believe in the separation of church and state as well as the triumph of reason over long-entrenched superstition and theocratic beliefs that perpetuate these.
religionless

El Paso, TX

#13 Nov 20, 2008
Let Reason Ring wrote:
I myself am not an athiest, as I am Jewish, but I do believe in the separation of church and state as well as the triumph of reason over long-entrenched superstition and theocratic beliefs that perpetuate these.
That's probably the biggest issue for me in this particular area, seperation of church and state and reason above superstition. I'm glad to see more 'thinkers' here.
Let Reason Ring

El Paso, TX

#14 Nov 21, 2008
I think our country and the world otselfwould be a much better place if we were able to do that, as it is an exercise in tolerance and acceptance. But I guess everybody wants 'god' on their side.
Let Reason Ring

El Paso, TX

#15 Nov 21, 2008
*itself would
sitruc

San Antonio, TX

#16 Dec 23, 2008
Yes, there is another atheist in El Paso.
Surfing for a good atheist site. Late December is such an MT, alienating time.
_Arrrrrrr

Palo Alto, CA

#17 Dec 23, 2008
happy heathen wrote:
<quoted text>
How bitter, I must say. Does it make you less of a xtian to have those words removed? Had their way?? What exactly is their way? What basis are you making such illogical assumptions on? "Under God" wasn't in the pledge until 1954, so let's not be dellusional as if it had always been there. Children of satan, I would argue that there are more alleged xtians that are more likely to be children of satan than atheist, agnostics, freethinkers, etc.
I'm sorry that you have a misperception, or a bad experience with people who happen to not believe in god ~any of them~. But I assure you if we were to ever meet (hypothetical of course), you would never suspect my family and I were atheists unless you asked us to church ;).
first the jews said it was wrong to have christmas displays in public places, Jesus birthday), then the athiest have attacked the very words, IN GOD WE TRUST, and if anyone has notice since this great nation has listen to these groups the nation has been in decline in all sorts including morals since it continues to abandon God's principles, matters just keep getting worst, but relax theres no going back let the course continue as things continue to warm up.
i just cant stand having a souless person preach to me.
Let Reason Ring

El Paso, TX

#18 Dec 27, 2008
_Arrrrrrr wrote:
<quoted text>
first the jews said it was wrong to have christmas displays in public places, Jesus birthday), then the athiest have attacked the very words, IN GOD WE TRUST, and if anyone has notice since this great nation has listen to these groups the nation has been in decline in all sorts including morals since it continues to abandon God's principles, matters just keep getting worst, but relax theres no going back let the course continue as things continue to warm up.
i just cant stand having a souless person preach to me.
Which "god's" principles? The obtuse, narrow-mindedness you show here is truly humorous.
_Arrrrrrr

San Francisco, CA

#19 Dec 28, 2008
Let Reason Ring wrote:
<quoted text>
Which "god's" principles? The obtuse, narrow-mindedness you show here is truly humorous.
you dont have a GOD, only a one way narrow empty street is what drives your cold hollow heart.
Truth God

AOL

#20 Dec 28, 2008
Let Reason Ring wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a God, only man has done things (many times very bad) that have been blamed on God.

Years ago I picked up an man hitching a ride on a cold day and he asked what I was doing. Told him I was attending college and he told me with words to the effect tnat in college, it is easy to lose faith because education/science reigns in the thoughts of scholars and does not include the faith in God.

This did not impact me until later. I lost some faith but did some very dangerious things and asked for help and felt God's presence.

You need to open your mind to God and ask and you will recieve. It will not happen overnight but it will happen if you have the faith.

Don't blame the actions of man on God for example. War is not what God wanted us to do. God only chooses the sides of what is good. Now, the difficult comes to define what is good? It is up to you as an individual to decide.

Faith is not a science.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mary Gonzalez MESSING 16 min Hays Hub 3
News Class of 2015: High school seniors overcome obs... 27 min old bill 12
Fat Mexican Girls! 47 min bouncing bob 60
Poll What will El Pasoans say when San Jacinto Plaza... 2 hr L Morales 1
News Read Full Article 6 hr Patriot 3
News UMC shares its legal strategy on Children's ban... 9 hr Patriot 2
News El Pasoans may vote on changes to mayor's power... 18 hr bouncing bob 10
More from around the web

El Paso People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE