Socorro OKs changes to historic commission

Full story: El Paso Times

The Socorro City Council on Tuesday approved the reorganization of the Historical Landmark Commission, which helps preserve the history and culture of the city.
Comments
1 - 20 of 253 Comments Last updated Jun 25, 2014
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Suky

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2011

I do not appreciate when someone makes statements about something that I never said. D. Garcia lied about me wanting only citizens of Socorro to be on the Historicial Landmark Commission. From the beginning as the Chair HLC Commission and throughout my term, I had asked for the city elected officials to appoint members from El Paso County with the knowledge and expertise in the fields and disciplines of archaeology, historical preservation, etc. to help us make sound decisions and recommendations regarding the applications or projects that come before the HLC Commission. I don't feel that I criticized the ordinance either, I simply voiced my concerns regarding where the ordinance could be worded better to comply with the City of Socorro Charter and the inclusion of specifications for the requirements and procedures needed on certain sections of the ordinance. Now, how I wish that they would have taken into consideration the ordinance that the past Texas Historical Landmark Executive Director, the HLC Ordinance Committee and I had worked on for an extended period of time as we were tasked to do, but they did not respond to that issue, so all we can do is move on and pray that our HLC Commissioners that are serving at the present time and in the future will be respected when it comes to their recommendations, especially the respect for our Historical District and our Registered Historical Landmarks.
call away

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2011

Suky wrote:
I do not appreciate when someone makes statements about something that I never said. D. Garcia lied about me wanting only citizens of Socorro to be on the Historicial Landmark Commission. From the beginning as the Chair HLC Commission and throughout my term, I had asked for the city elected officials to appoint members from El Paso County with the knowledge and expertise in the fields and disciplines of archaeology, historical preservation, etc. to help us make sound decisions and recommendations regarding the applications or projects that come before the HLC Commission. I don't feel that I criticized the ordinance either, I simply voiced my concerns regarding where the ordinance could be worded better to comply with the City of Socorro Charter and the inclusion of specifications for the requirements and procedures needed on certain sections of the ordinance. Now, how I wish that they would have taken into consideration the ordinance that the past Texas Historical Landmark Executive Director, the HLC Ordinance Committee and I had worked on for an extended period of time as we were tasked to do, but they did not respond to that issue, so all we can do is move on and pray that our HLC Commissioners that are serving at the present time and in the future will be respected when it comes to their recommendations, especially the respect for our Historical District and our Registered Historical Landmarks.
Suky, It has been written in the history books."forgive them for they not know what they do." I can't help, but wonder if they really got with the State of Texas and got the changes/ordinance approved. It would hurt to call them. The answer one quick phone call away.
Im being attacked

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2011

Suky wrote:
I for one do not believe that he would lie to you. The fact that he had been appointed to the commission a couple of weeks ago, and the fact that he has done so much more that you and others did in YEARS, and the fact that he is moving the commission along, and the fact that he has a lot of knowledge, experience, and expertise in several areas, BOTHERS THE HECK OUT OF YOU . The people that know you know that you are a cumbaya cumbaya, I am working for the right thing always (and we know that is not true) person=all talk and no action. For the past maybe three years or so, you have been with the gandara people (for whatever reason) and it appears to be, on a mission to be against this council because they are not with your friends the gandaras and, so, you have lied on the paper about them (this council). You are with the gandara recall group (featuring the known liar ralph duran that will be running for mayor this coming election) to get the council. You accompanied maria reyes on your quest. They found out this group (your group) was lying to the people and you and they did not like that. You have lost a lot of credibility when people see you with this group. David is doing a fine job there and you dislike it. The commission is not yours and you always like to control,= the commission belongs to the people. Do you remember why a certain member of the Mission Trail Organization made you cry before she resigned because you were all talk and no action? They did the work and you == nothing. So, don't start saying things about David and try to stop him from working for the commission. By the way, remember when you wanted the council to hire archaeologists, paleontologists, and all the other ologists before they could make a gazebo that you thought they were going to build without permission? Do you even know what you are saying? Do you know how much these people charge? You just wanted to stop this project. Now you want people with archaeology background for the commission? How many people have that background in the city? Honestly, to me, you are on a mission to destroy what people want to accomplish, not to create. You have been against all the progress that this council have done for the city. Your friend maria reyes has been too. A lot of people do not believe you anymore, only your group does as far as I am concerned. So, embrace the new comer to the commission and stop lying about him. Can you imagine what he would accomplish in a year or two, let alone a few weeks?
Im being attacked

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2011

call away wrote:
<quoted text> Suky, It has been written in the history books."forgive them for they not know what they do." I can't help, but wonder if they really got with the State of Texas and got the changes/ordinance approved. It would hurt to call them. The answer one quick phone call away.
Please, people, you are just too lazy to go request that paperwork . you are just helping poor, poor, nice suky.
Suky

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2011

Im being attacked wrote:
<quoted text>
I for one do not believe that he would lie to you. The fact that he had been appointed to the commission a couple of weeks ago, and the fact that he has done so much more that you and others did in YEARS, and the fact that he is moving the commission along, and the fact that he has a lot of knowledge, experience, and expertise in several areas, BOTHERS THE HECK OUT OF YOU .
Listen child and I say child because you don't know what you are saying and obviously needs to grow up and be mature-minded. I know who you are and it is of no surprise you are making this comments. What do you know about what I have accomplished in my lifetime, you were still in diapers when I was active in my community. Now, when I speak I have the facts to back up what I say.#1. I never said he lied to me, he lied to the journalist of the El Paso Times, as it was stated on the article that Garcia said, so you need to read well before you speak yourself. I am not going to lower myself to your standards either to say anything about what David has done or not done, that was not the point of why I made my statement. It is people like you that loves to misintrepret what people are saying and if you think you are right in all that you just said, why don't you identify yourself and let's see who is right? What are you afraid of? And as for suggesting that I am with the Gandaras and with this person and that, who are you to tell me who I can speak with or not. Again, I don't go by tell me who you hang around with and I will tell you who you are. For who am I or anybody to tell people who they should hang around with or who they should not talk or sit with, it is there business, not mine. Grow up will you? I will talk to whoever and whenever for I am not one to judge anybody regardless of what they might be whether good or bad, I leave that to God or in this earth to the court of law. As for the recall, I joined in for two reasons and that was because of the disrespect the council had when the HLC made recommendations and lack of support from the City Manager who never responded to my phone calls and # 2 because of so much wasteful spending and that is still going on. I am not against any project so long as the council would hold public hearings to allow public input and what it will cost to the taxpayers. Let the citizens be part of the process comprende? Also about you saying that I said that we needed to hire an archaeologist etc. for the gazebo project and so on, well you tell me why is it that you can pay so much for some of this positions and projects but when it comes for something that request experts advice or recommendations you can't afford it when it really is necessary? Anyway, when it comes to control, I don't believe in anybody having control on or of anything or anybody unless they or it lets anybody have it. I for one am not for controlling but I am for what is right and just whether you believe it or not, again I even respect your decision for even that is a freedom of choice.
truth hurts

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2011

Suky wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen child and I say child because you don't know what you are saying and obviously needs to grow up and be mature-minded. I know who you are and it is of no surprise you are making this comments. What do you know about what I have accomplished in my lifetime, you were still in diapers when I was active in my community. Now, when I speak I have the facts to back up what I say.#1. I never said he lied to me, he lied to the journalist of the El Paso Times, as it was stated on the article that Garcia said, so you need to read well before you speak yourself. I am not going to lower myself to your standards either to say anything about what David has done or not done, that was not the point of why I made my statement. It is people like you that loves to misintrepret what people are saying and if you think you are right in all that you just said, why don't you identify yourself and let's see who is right? What are you afraid of? And as for suggesting that I am with the Gandaras and with this person and that, who are you to tell me who I can speak with or not. Again, I don't go by tell me who you hang around with and I will tell you who you are. For who am I or anybody to tell people who they should hang around with or who they should not talk or sit with, it is there business, not mine. Grow up will you? I will talk to whoever and whenever for I am not one to judge anybody regardless of what they might be whether good or bad, I leave that to God or in this earth to the court of law. As for the recall, I joined in for two reasons and that was because of the disrespect the council had when the HLC made recommendations and lack of support from the City Manager who never responded to my phone calls and # 2 because of so much wasteful spending and that is still going on. I am not against any project so long as the council would hold public hearings to allow public input and what it will cost to the taxpayers. Let the citizens be part of the process comprende? Also about you saying that I said that we needed to hire an archaeologist etc. for the gazebo project and so on, well you tell me why is it that you can pay so much for some of this positions and projects but when it comes for something that request experts advice or recommendations you can't afford it when it really is necessary? Anyway, when it comes to control, I don't believe in anybody having control on or of anything or anybody unless they or it lets anybody have it. I for one am not for controlling but I am for what is right and just whether you believe it or not, again I even respect your decision for even that is a freedom of choice.
this person might have been in diapers, but even he can understand that on one side you are saying you know who this person is, and on the other you ask this person to "identify yourself". I guess you are somewhat confused, that tells a lot. The journalist of the paper is known to do the articles with a lot of mistakes to make the council look bad, that journalist has been seen with the gandara people many times, made that huge article and called them the "gandara dynasty", so we know what is going on there. The "journalist" has been known to lie in the articles, so for all I know she is lying about David. The person that you are speaking to did not tell you who to sit with or hang around with, YOU need to read right, so these words came back to you, as I see. The council has held public hearings and I was told you were there speaking. You probably want to be the one to make the decisions just like they told you before and are saying all this to mislead them yourself. People are part of the processes, but the council make the decisions, and you don't like that. Let it go, for people can see that you and your friend maria reyes will keep the circus alive and well in socorro. what a shame.
Suky

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2011

truth hurts wrote:
<quoted text>
this person might have been in diapers, but even he can understand that on one side you are saying you know who this person is, and on the other you ask this person to "identify yourself". I guess you are somewhat confused, that tells a lot. The journalist of the paper is known to do the articles with a lot of mistakes to make the council look bad, that journalist has been seen with the gandara people many times, made that huge article and called them the "gandara dynasty", so we know what is going on there. The "journalist" has been known to lie in the articles, so for all I know she is lying about David. The person that you are speaking to did not tell you who to sit with or hang around with, YOU need to read right, so these words came back to you, as I see. The council has held public hearings and I was told you were there speaking. You probably want to be the one to make the decisions just like they told you before and are saying all this to mislead them yourself. People are part of the processes, but the council make the decisions, and you don't like that. Let it go, for people can see that you and your friend maria reyes will keep the circus alive and well in socorro. what a shame.
You still don't get it do you nino? I tell you you need to do some more growing and become mature minded. What I meant by identifying yourself, is that you don't have what it takes to tell me what you are saying and state you name just like I am letting you who I am on this commentary.
You are also very coward in telling us about the journalist, why don't you tell her in person, let's see who is right. All I know is that someone is lying as to what was stated on the paper about me saying such a thing about wanting all the members to be from Socorro and now you are assuming that she is lying about David, well we will get to the bottom of this don't you worry yourself so much. And as for you being told that I was speaking at the public hearing, I don't believe you one bit.
Call away

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2011

Just wanting to know. What were the results of the phone call to Austin? Suky! We all know that your responding to Lil Jesse in this forum so don't worry about that. We know that your heart is in the right place. Good luck and god bless you Suky.
no not him

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2011

Call away wrote:
Just wanting to know. What were the results of the phone call to Austin? Suky! We all know that your responding to Lil Jesse in this forum so don't worry about that. We know that your heart is in the right place. Good luck and god bless you Suky.
You don't know the real one.
Suky

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2011

Call away wrote:
Call me I have the results.
you cant

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

Suky wrote:
<quoted text>
Call me I have the results.
you two sound so ridiculous...call me.....call me.....
Hello

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

you cant wrote:
<quoted text>
you two sound so ridiculous...call me.....call me.....
Hello J. G.
not inf

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello J. G.
they oviously have her phone, so why say, call me.....

Hello S.R., S.C. T.F, M.R., R.D., etc.
Suky

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

not inf wrote:
<quoted text>
they oviously have her phone, so why say, call me.....
Hello S.R., S.C. T.F, M.R., R.D., etc.
Why? So anybody that wants to know the answer can call me period.
No problem.
illgavilan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2011

The HLC is being stacked by city council just like the rest of the city . they have to take care of their own. Just look at all tito lujan is doing on socorro rd his rock piles don't meet the guide lines so they have to take care of him and trini with his slum on socorro rd. Complaining will do no good. When the elections come up make your voice known don't vote for trini or el vampiro anthony gandara, Lets see who stands up for mayor whoever it islegs all get behind him or her and change city council.
not inf

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2011

illgavilan wrote:
The HLC is being stacked by city council just like the rest of the city . they have to take care of their own. Just look at all tito lujan is doing on socorro rd his rock piles don't meet the guide lines so they have to take care of him and trini with his slum on socorro rd. Complaining will do no good. When the elections come up make your voice known don't vote for trini or el vampiro anthony gandara, Lets see who stands up for mayor whoever it islegs all get behind him or her and change city council.
I know where you are going with this, you are probably ralph duran, the one that is going to run for mayor, the one that the gandaras are giving their support to. Not a very good choice, but then again, who else do the gandaras have. You can find out about him on www.socorronews.blogspot.com .
John

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2011

illgavilan wrote:
You are not the real gavilan, you are ill alright, thinking the worst and misleading the people. now you are talking about Tito when you nothing about him. He is a very good man and so is Trini.
prob

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

Suky wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? So anybody that wants to know the answer can call me period.
No problem.
is it true that the olive branch was extended to council by your friend and partner in the recall group maria reyes? did you advise her to do that because she doesn't know what she is doing.
elgavilan

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

John wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not the real gavilan, you are ill alright, thinking the worst and misleading the people. now you are talking about Tito when you nothing about him. He is a very good man and so is Trini.
Thank you john. I happen to know Mr. lujan and Mr. Lopez and I respect them very much. I don't why this fool is using this name but to each its own......
menso squasher

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

elgavilan wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you john. I happen to know Mr. lujan and Mr. Lopez and I respect them very much. I don't why this fool is using this name but to each its own......
Hi El Gavilan, how are you doing? I'm back in town. I agree with you, and this person cannot think for himself or herself and we know a bunch of them that can't, so your name is great, so they use it. You seem to know a lot of the right informatin from the city. Tell us about that stupid woman in district one maria reyes and what she wants to accomplish for for the city.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 27 min Liberal forever 17,843
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Gasman 22,265
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 1 hr Gasman 663
Anti-illegal immigration Border Convoy headed t... 5 hr Cricket 23 415
I hate El Paso! (Jan '08) 9 hr Agreed 1,510
FBI raids Anamarc College 11 hr L Morales 5
if all the mexicans go back to mexico america w... (Jan '08) 11 hr NMx 594
•••
El Paso Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

El Paso Jobs