County files anti-gang injunction

County files anti-gang injunction

There are 35 comments on the El Paso Times story from Mar 20, 2009, titled County files anti-gang injunction. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

The county attorney on Friday publicly labeled 27 people as members of the Bloods street gang, and filed a civil lawsuit seeking a permanent injunction to bar them from gathering anywhere in El Paso Paso County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

United States

#2 Mar 21, 2009
Of the 27 defendants there are some who are Mexican so Mr. Washington is being outrageous in his accusations. Plus, doesn't he remember a few years ago when the CA filed one against the Barrio Aztecas? Last time I checked, there are few blacks in that gang.....
DAVID CARRASCO

Brownsville, TX

#3 Mar 21, 2009
I am more concern about the country attorneys tactics than I am about the gangs. An arrest is not a conviction. If a person is convicted after going to court, he or she is punish according to the violation. The person pays for his crime and its over.
In this case, a person NOT COMMITTING a crime would be arrest because he or she uses a cell phone, enters the home of friends, plays baseball, etc is crazy.
We still live in the United States the last time I heard.
You Betcha

El Paso, TX

#4 Mar 21, 2009
Let's see........Fri and Sat nights the do it yourself car washes on Hercules near Dyer and the one on Diana by the 7-11 are great spots to see the gathering of the gangs. it is not illegal to wash your car but they are openly selling drugs
too.
Anonymous

United States

#5 Mar 21, 2009
You Betcha:

That's just it! They don't hang out to do good things. They hang out to terrorize our streets. These gang injuctions have helped California and other areas. Why not be proactive? Have you seen these members myspace pages? They are all dressed in red, throwing gang signs, smoking drugs, and sometimes pictured with weapons. The District Attorney is overwhelmed and the County Attorney stepping in to help is an action that we as a community should support.
NE Residents

El Paso, TX

#6 Mar 21, 2009
We live in NE and many of my neighbors and our family hopes this injunction has the effect of stopping a lot of the illegal activity that occurs here daily.

Drug pushers are cruising our streets and making deliveries in the open. We have contacted the authorities about a house on our own street where the sale of drugs has been routine for some time.

You cannot safely work in your yard or sit on your own porch anymore.

The fights and extremely loud speakers on the cars that drive back and forth all day and all night is almost to the point of being unbearable.

We are glad that someone is finally taking on these criminals. I hope they go after all the gangs in this area who are robbing ordinary people of their rights and freedom.
Skaggs Alphabeta

Portsmouth, NH

#7 Mar 21, 2009
If you are affected by the injunction then you have done something wrong or associated with the wrong people, no one cares about your rights so stop selling drugs or "gang banging" and be a productive citizen.
Get them ALL

El Paso, TX

#8 Mar 21, 2009
Those who participate in organized crime gang, should be charged every time their gang commits a crime.
Under the RICO statues they are abetting the crime of an ongoing criminal enterprise. Seize their homes, their vehicles and their cash.
Simple Logic

El Paso, TX

#9 Mar 21, 2009
DAVID CARRASCO wrote:
If a person is convicted after going to court, he or she is punish according to the violation. The person pays for his crime and its over.
In this case, a person NOT COMMITTING a crime would be arrest because he or she uses a cell phone, enters the home of friends, plays baseball, etc is crazy.
When a group of people belong to and are operating a criminal gang, that being an organized criminal enterprise;

They can be charged with crimes carried out by their members.
Have you forgotten how members of the Mafia in NY or members of the Syndicate in Chicago were brought down? There is a miniature mafia right here in Northeast El Paso.

The leaders and members of a crime gang can be held accountable for the actions of their criminal enterprise. If they jump people using bats and clubs, those become weapons of choice. When they illegally use communications devices for illegal dope dealing, those are instruments they used in the commission of their crimes.

In other words, let me make it simple for you Simpleton:

When crime gangs use phones for illegal narcotics sales instead of normal conversation, and baseball bats are used to maime and injure, instead of a friendly ball game, those items can be confiscated and the members of that gang can be prohibited from their use.

You should attend school, you might learn something.
Cry Babies

El Paso, TX

#10 Mar 21, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
Of the 27 defendants there are some who are Mexican so Mr. Washington is being outrageous in his accusations. Plus, doesn't he remember a few years ago when the CA filed one against the Barrio Aztecas? Last time I checked, there are few blacks in that gang.....
The blacks always cry, whine and complain if someone of their race is caught doing a crime. It's been that way for decades.
They scream racism at everything, even if the Police Chief is black and trying to make their own hoodz safer. Some things never CHANGE,
Juan Perez

El Paso, TX

#11 Mar 21, 2009
I think it is a great idea they should do this to all gang members that if your seen together you go to jail. I use to be in the biggest gang in el paso in the 80's DDT Del Diablo Turf and believe me when I say gangs are meant to do one thing and one thing alone destroy society.
Juan Perez

El Paso, TX

#12 Mar 21, 2009
Let me guess your a gang member? All these punks deserve to go to jail if it looks like a gang member and it dresses like a Gang Member then it is a gang member! IT'S CALLED COMMON SENSE! GET SOME!!!
Joe

Newcastle, CA

#13 Mar 21, 2009
Strange how with the open borders, 6000 drug cartel murders in Mexico, that El Paso is going to go after blacks. The Mexican gangs are far more dangerous.

Almost all crime in El Paso is Mexican but they're going to target black Americans. It sounds like Rodriguez is working for the Mexican gangs, make sure they have no competition.
Joe

Newcastle, CA

#14 Mar 21, 2009
Cry Babies wrote:
<quoted text>
The blacks always cry, whine and complain if someone of their race is caught doing a crime. It's been that way for decades.
They scream racism at everything, even if the Police Chief is black and trying to make their own hoodz safer. Some things never CHANGE,
Yes sure. These people were victims of a shooting, they were targetted in the nightclub shooting and they are the ones being targetted in this injunction.

Why not go after the gang that shot them? Or some of the thousands of Mexican gangs, the MS13 and so on?

This is racist as hell. Mexicans wearing baggy pants and throwing gang symbols, spraying graffiti everywhere are left alone, nothing is done about them but a black kid wearing the same kind of baggy pants will be arrested??? Look at the town of Anthony where a whole nest of violent gang types from Mexico live, and nothing is done about them even though there have been killings.
Jerome

El Paso, TX

#15 Mar 21, 2009
Keep the pressure on the NE gangs and the gangs in Central, East and West. This action is a good start.

We don't need a society where our streets are controlled by the most violent criminal.
BORN IN EL PASO

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Mar 21, 2009
I WAS BORN IN EL PASO BUT MOVED TO CALIFORINA 16 YEARS AGO
NOW THAT I READ ABOUT ALL THIS ,WHEN I WAS YOUNG I DIDNT HAVE TO GO THAT .I HAVE 6 BROTHERS LI LIVING HERE IN BALDWIN PARK CA.THERE AREAS THAT ARE BAD IN DEPENDES ON YOU .AS FOR ME ITS ALL UP TO YYOU.RIGHT
Budd

Monroe, WI

#17 Mar 21, 2009
I can't believe this. I cannot believe that we have a story that says "the cops will no longer have to witness a crime or have a complaint from a victim" and everyone thinks its a good thing. Is this America? Is this or is this not the Land of the Free? Are there or are there not thousands of graves holding the bodies of men who gave their last breath so that this country could be FREE????

And we throw it all away the moment someone says its for our own safety. Sure, lets let the police just up and arrest anyone they say is in a gang. Lets have our officials make up new and clever ways to get around the constitution.

All you have to do is REMOVE THE PROFIT FROM THE DRUGS THE GANGS DEPEND ON!!!!

Its that simple. It really is. How many gang members do you see dealing beer? Ever see a crackhouse turn into a Coorshouse?

It happened before people. Its all happened before with alcohol prohibition. The only difference is that back then it only took them 13 years to figure it out. We're on 40 years and counting.
Budd

Monroe, WI

#18 Mar 21, 2009
So lets dig up all those soldiers and kick them in the tenders and say "thanks for fighting for our freedom but we would rather be safe." and push them back in their graves to cry.
Sadly Gangs Rule

El Paso, TX

#19 Mar 21, 2009
When you join a gang, take an oath to commit crimes on behalf of the gang and participate in criminal activity, boldly post your photos on myspace and facebook committing crimes, think some bleeding heart lib group, or racial group will back you up no matter how serious your crime and they do, freedom in this nation is over.

In our part of town, the gangs are already rule.
Loco

El Paso, TX

#20 Mar 21, 2009
Juan Perez wrote:
I use to be in the biggest gang in el paso in the 80's DDT Del Diablo Turf...

believe me when I say gangs are meant to do one thing and one thing alone destroy society.
...but the stupidos don't get it and they never will. They will even be in court backing us up, like we are legit. A lot of these righteous people are so stupid and make easy marks.
We laugh at them all the time, we can rob them blind and they don't even know it's us.
Loco

El Paso, TX

#21 Mar 21, 2009
Budd wrote:
I can't believe this. I cannot believe that we have a story that says "the cops will no longer have to witness a crime or have a complaint from a victim" and everyone thinks its a good thing. Is this America? Is this or is this not the Land of the Free? Are there or are there not thousands of graves holding the bodies of men who gave their last breath so that this country could be FREE????
And we throw it all away the moment someone says its for our own safety. Sure, lets let the police just up and arrest anyone they say is in a gang. Lets have our officials make up new and clever ways to get around the constitution.
All you have to do is REMOVE THE PROFIT FROM THE DRUGS THE GANGS DEPEND ON!!!!
Its that simple. It really is. How many gang members do you see dealing beer? Ever see a crackhouse turn into a Coorshouse?
It happened before people. Its all happened before with alcohol prohibition. The only difference is that back then it only took them 13 years to figure it out. We're on 40 years and counting.
hahahaha you are one of those stupidos gringos.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Wet Fart Debate 16 hr Fart Stretch 32
Smell Something Sniff Something 17 hr Fart Blister 14
Are You Liking The FARTS? 17 hr Fart Blister 25
Ding Dong The Witch Bush is Dead 17 hr Fart Blister 2
Evidence is in, FARTS ARE GOOD! Tue Fart Rate 22
Happy Farterans Day Tue Fart Rate 38
News Sessions orders 'zero tolerance' policy to pros... Tue Fart Rate 24

El Paso Jobs

Personal Finance

El Paso Mortgages