Texas Gov. Perry vetoes texting while...

Texas Gov. Perry vetoes texting while driving bill

There are 105 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jun 17, 2011, titled Texas Gov. Perry vetoes texting while driving bill. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Gov. Rick Perry has vetoed a bill that would have outlawed sending or reading text messages while driving.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Sam

Copperas Cove, TX

#1 Jun 17, 2011
Based on that logic I should be able to drink and drive.

Gotta love Perry's newfound Tea Party attitude, somehow born around 2008, don't you?
TexasGirl

El Paso, TX

#2 Jun 17, 2011
Maybe the Nanny State gov. in El Paso should get a clue.
WHOSEBONE

El Paso, TX

#3 Jun 17, 2011
Sam wrote:
Based on that logic I should be able to drink and drive.
Gotta love Perry's newfound Tea Party attitude, somehow born around 2008, don't you?
Drinking impairs your judgement and your reflexes, texting has not been proven to impair any of these. Perry is not a Tea Party favorite, he is a Bilderberg candidate, look it up.
AmPat

Mayhill, NM

#4 Jun 17, 2011
What a sheer, utterly STUPID thing for Perry to do!!
Studies have clearly proven that texting while driving is every bit as dangerous as drinking and driving - it takes the eyes off the road, the hands off the steering wheel, and the mind off of safe/defensive driving. Anyone who denies this has a pea for a brain!
ONE MORE EXAMPLE OF PERRY BEING AN IDIOT!!
Mark

United States

#5 Jun 17, 2011
Beyond the pale. How many will be killed by this Tea Party nonsense?
Dumb Perry

Laguna Hills, CA

#6 Jun 17, 2011
Well this does not surprize me. I was however hoping that Perry would really surprize by not doing what he did but then Stupid is (Perry) as Stupid does (Perry again), so what are we to do do with a dufus for a Governor that is a hypocrite and as unpatriotic as they come. The guy is living in the dark ages, he is a troglodyte.
Old Soldier

El Paso, TX

#7 Jun 17, 2011
It is dangerous to do your taxes while driving. It is dangerous to make a smoothie while driving. It is dangerous to play cards while driving. I don't need a law to tell me what is dangerous. For those that need a law to tell the not to text and drive, well let's just say they will not be driving soon enough.
Defender

AOL

#8 Jun 17, 2011
I like Tea Party Perry. It has given him heretofore missing focus. Combined with his Texas "big hair" and the still attainable hispanic vote he will be a contender.

His biggest fault is that he hails from the same state as the recent and most worse president in living memory.

Just think Bush, Obama and Perry ... a reverse Orio presidency!
AmPat

Mayhill, NM

#9 Jun 17, 2011
I suppose Rick "Secesh" Perry; with his convoluted, moronic logic, will next advocate for the repeal of mandatory seat belt and child safety seat laws.

THE BLOOD OF DEAD TEXAS CHILDREN WILL BE ON YOUR HANDS, RICK PERRY!!!!
Elephant Man

United States

#10 Jun 17, 2011
AmPat wrote:
What a sheer, utterly STUPID thing for Perry to do!!
Studies have clearly proven that texting while driving is every bit as dangerous as drinking and driving - it takes the eyes off the road, the hands off the steering wheel, and the mind off of safe/defensive driving. Anyone who denies this has a pea for a brain!
ONE MORE EXAMPLE OF PERRY BEING AN IDIOT!!
Yea, one more example of how you can't take care of yourself and you need the government show you how to live. YOU, are the idiot - but, you wouldn't know that.
Old Soldier

El Paso, TX

#11 Jun 17, 2011
AmPat wrote:
I suppose Rick "Secesh" Perry; with his convoluted, moronic logic, will next advocate for the repeal of mandatory seat belt and child safety seat laws.
THE BLOOD OF DEAD TEXAS CHILDREN WILL BE ON YOUR HANDS, RICK PERRY!!!!
When there is nothing left to reasonably argue, bring out the children. NOT THE CHILDREN! Libitard!
handsome stranger

Laredo, TX

#12 Jun 17, 2011
Thank goodness Perry wasn't governor in 1995 when Texas made it illegal to watch tv while driving. And texting while driving is far more dangerous because it requires the hands as well as the eyes.
NObama

El Paso, TX

#13 Jun 17, 2011
A law is not necessary.

Use common sense, morons!
WOW

El Paso, TX

#14 Jun 17, 2011
Laws should not be necessary for many things. However, people do not think or think it will not happen to them. Even though we have the law in El Paso, many are still texting while driving. There should not be a law about drinking and driving because we should know better. There should not be a law about spousal or child abuse because we should know better.

Old Soldier, you forget that not only can people who text end up dead, they can kill others.
Texas

United States

#15 Jun 17, 2011
Why is this guy such an idiot? Texting while driving KILLS PEOPLE!
bunchObs

United States

#16 Jun 17, 2011
NObama wrote:
A law is not necessary.
Use common sense, morons!
Not everyone has common sense! Ask your mom she had you and it was very preventable. Using the ole' "government shouldn't interfere" excuse has been conveniently used recently.
Jim

Weatherford, TX

#17 Jun 17, 2011
The Goverment needs to do what it was intended to do. Not overreach and get into everybody's bussiness
entrepreneur

El Paso, TX

#18 Jun 17, 2011
WEINER!!!!
schris3

Mexico

#19 Jun 17, 2011
Defender wrote:
I like Tea Party Perry. It has given him heretofore missing focus. Combined with his Texas "big hair" and the still attainable hispanic vote he will be a contender.
His biggest fault is that he hails from the same state as the recent and most worse president in living memory.
Just think Bush, Obama and Perry ... a reverse Orio presidency!
You are completely right, the pupil surpassed his master in stupidity and lack of common sense. Bravo Perry.
Families

Cedar Hill, TX

#21 Jun 17, 2011
He should tell that in person to those who lose loved ones while texting. What a poor example of a governer but more what a poor excuse for a man who is suppose to care about the people in his state.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 18 min Yes Farts 24,613
New to El Paso Need FARTS 5 hr Fart Feast 16
El Paso Fart Fiesta 5 hr Fart Feast 10
America Close to Being a Failed State? 5 hr Nice Farts 8
Not in our House Go Cowboys 20 hr Fart Charge 14
Happy Dia Del Cocono Thu Fart Carne Asada 2
Fenenbock and Cruz Nov 20 Vote Farts 2

El Paso Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Paso Mortgages