Accountability
Observation

United States

#1 Jul 14, 2013
PART I

Some of the Trayvon Martin fans, mainly in the media, are going about claiming that no one was held “accountable” in the slaying of Martin. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Just before the jury left the court room for deliberations, Judge Debra Nelson advised them that they might consider a conviction for manslaughter, in Florida meaning child abuse leading to death. This nonplussed the defense who had already rested their case and did not have the opportunity to defend against that charge. By this time, the State and all its army of prosecutors were in CYA (cover your a--) mode, for they knew they could not sustain the burden of proving murder. Even the notorious liberal Alan Dershowitz said so as soon as the State first blew into Sanford to fire the chief of police and take over the prosecution of Zimmerman to mollify Eric Holder, President Obama and Al Sharpton. Debra Nelson’s devious maneuver, highlighting her adversarial stance and animosity toward Zimmerman’s attorneys, particularly Don West, amounted to creating a “Procrustean Bed” for the prosecution. In order to fit Martin into the Bed, from that point on, they referred to Martin as “this child.” Mark O’Mara, who presented the closing statement for the defense, wisely brought out a picture of Martin, not lying on the Procrustean Bed, into which the prosecution now tried to fit him, but on a marble slab, his only vesture being a toe tag. O’Mara also showed a photo that the media and the prosecution had not presented to the court and the jury: In addition the the “child” Martin, O’Mara showed a prematurely-aged man on that slab, wearing his well-earned toe tag, his body ravaged by drugs, night-life, bad diet and other vices and crimes.

It is axiomatic that if you want to judge the character of someone, look at their friends. The prosecution presented Rachel Jeantel, a close friend and school chum of Martin before he was suspended for flouting the rules. Rachel is not a beauty queen, but she looked better than Martin, who rapidly went downhill after he lost those three, free square meals a day afforded by schools nowadays, even during the summer when school is not in session, and he lost the last vestige of any discipline when booted out of school. Rachel is a nineteen-year-old high school student, who it was revealed, still cannot read. Regulations dictate that she will be forced out at age twenty, and then she will be in much the shape of Martin after high school. Hopefully, the media will show her to us again in a couple of years and let us see where her life has led. Jeantel and Martin are examples of why serious students are fleeing the public schools, going to private schools with high admission standards, charter schools, or resorting to home schooling.

The prosecution led us to believe that Martin had left his father’s girlfriend’s home (where he was probably living illegally; they don’t tell us where he really lives or why he does not have a condo), to walk through the rainy night to buy a package of Skittles. When criminals go to case a convenience store and then decide it is not worth a “hit,” perhaps because of cops in the vicinity, or maybe even inside the store, they usually buy some small item to try to give an excuse for being there. No thinking person believes for a moment that Martin walked some distance through the rain just to buy Skittles, but that deception fit into the Procrustean Bed of the “child” image.
(Continued)
Observation

United States

#2 Jul 14, 2013
(Continued from part I, above)

Part II

After he spotted Zimmerman and suspected that Zimmerman was either surveilling, or following him, like all criminals he was paranoid about it. He wanted to find out who the “creepy-ass cracker” was who was following him and whether he knew him or knew something about him. To find out, he had to confront Zimmerman. After he was satisfied that Zimmerman was not a cop, he was emboldened to attack him and try to kill him with his fists. After all, he was seventeen and a good lawyer could, as a possible option for seventeen-year-olds in most states, get him into juvenile court, instead of an adult court where a seventeen could also wind up. Martin’s juvenile record will never be available to us, but cellphone texts of conversations, which the State possessed, but illegally withheld from the defense, no doubt would give us a much different image of Martin than the one the media and the prosecution portrayed.

Martin did not follow a straight route to, or from, the convenience store and this is what got Zimmerman’s attention. A dark, rainy night is a good night for criminal activity because visibility is limited, and police cars move more slowly. Martin walked between buildings and looked in windows. While on his way to confront Zimmerman, Martin momentarily disappeared from sight between two buildings. Later, crime-scene investigators found a baggie of marijuana and a “slim jim,” commonly used as a burglary tool for cars and buildings under some bushes where Martin had momentarily disappeared from Zimmerman’s sight.

Trayvon Martin had no role model. His father is not the upstanding citizen the media makes him out to be. Although Trayvon Martin never had a chance to reach his full fruition of criminal activity, he was well on his way. Sometimes criminals are held accountable at a young age. Unfortunately, other young criminals will probably not learn anything from this. They are wired to be what they are.
Larry Driscoll

El Paso, TX

#3 Jul 14, 2013
Don't forget about Holder. Jackson and Sharpton are calling on him to get involved.
Cowboy

United States

#5 Jul 14, 2013
Larry Driscoll wrote:
Don't forget about Holder. Jackson and Sharpton are calling on him to get involved.
Holder is already involved (see the 9th line of paragraph 2 of the first post, above), as is Obama. All the liberals and other state officials with no scruples are jumping through their asses to do something to make this Administration happy, thinking they will reap a reward of a Federal judgeship, Federal prosecutor position, or some other sinecure, such as an Administrative Position in the Border Patrol where you only have to count how many have successfully crossed the border illegally. This is the reason we should not elect rogues as President. They have a lot of power to dictate the direction” justice” takes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/23/obam...

By the way, the liberals and some media pundits are calling the retiring Janet Napolitano a "great" head of the DHS. In their view she is because she never did anything to protect our border or fight crime in this country in general.
Cowboy

United States

#6 Jul 14, 2013
You can also see some interesting information about Obama, Holder, Sharpton and their Florida bureaucratic sycophants here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/el-paso-tx/TL...
Venice

Simi Valley, CA

#7 Jul 14, 2013
Cowboy wrote:
You can also see some interesting information about Obama, Holder, Sharpton and their Florida bureaucratic sycophants here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/el-paso-tx/TL...
joto,aren't you supposed to be dead already?
Cowboy

United States

#8 Jul 14, 2013
No, putota, I am not dead. There are more cowboys than just the one who died in the saddle while pumping you, trying to get his two dollars worth.
Steve

United States

#9 Jul 14, 2013
Cowboy wrote:
No, putota, I am not dead. There are more cowboys than just the one who died in the saddle while pumping you, trying to get his two dollars worth.
Died in the saddle, huh? I'd heard that Venice gave him an incurable STD.
Venice

Simi Valley, CA

#10 Jul 14, 2013
It's funny when I can get a queer mexicant like you to talk to yourself. Too easy! No wonder your most of your race is destine to be on welfare for most of their lives. Like your putota madres.
Venice

Simi Valley, CA

#11 Jul 14, 2013
Cowboy wrote:
Why aren't you crying Petro Alert you little funny bitch?

And stop with the self revelations.

"Cowboy", you're lost in the 80s and you once blew the cowboy from the village people.......
Venice

United States

#12 Jul 14, 2013
Venice wrote:
<quoted text>
Why aren't you crying Petro Alert you little funny bitch?
And stop with the self revelations.
"Cowboy", you're lost in the 80s and you once blew the cowboy from the village people.......
And one more thing. Quit telling everyone I charged Cowboy two dollars for a humping. You are hurting my business. I now charge only a dollar. Your apology is accepted in advance.
Venice

United States

#13 Jul 14, 2013
Now where did I put that bus ticket. Tomorrow I have to go to public health and get my RX for Flagyl filled.
Venice

United States

#14 Jul 14, 2013
Test.
Venice

Simi Valley, CA

#15 Jul 15, 2013
Venice wrote:
<quoted text>
And one more thing. Quit telling everyone I charged Cowboy two dollars for a humping. You are hurting my business. I now charge only a dollar. Your apology is accepted in advance.
Geez man. No wonder the people in El Paso, Texas consider you their flaming queer bitch. Way to promote your pathetic city you flamer.
Venice

United States

#16 Jul 15, 2013
As you all can see I cry a lot. I am just a woman in the body of a man and a typical Califa queer. Forgive me for crying after those mean old El Paso men taunted me so much.
DC Dave

United States

#17 Jul 15, 2013
Venice wrote:
As you all can see I cry a lot. I am just a woman in the body of a man and a typical Califa queer. Forgive me for crying after those mean old El Paso men taunted me so much.
Stop crying you bipolar bitch.
DC Dave

United States

#18 Jul 16, 2013
Does anyone know a good, non-prescription medicine for a yeast infection? Since my last date with Fat Grubby Trucker, my vagina is itching like hell.
I Know

El Paso, TX

#19 Jul 16, 2013
DC Dave wrote:
Does anyone know a good, non-prescription medicine for a yeast infection? Since my last date with Fat Grubby Trucker, my vagina is itching like hell.
A special non-prescription just for you. By a bullet rent a gun place one bullet in head wipe off powder burns should do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman arrested at traffic stop had warrants, drugs 2 hr JunkySympathizer 33
Rep. Sam Johnson R.Texas 4 hr Inquisitor 1
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 5 hr butters_ 23,816
News Knoxville police arrest 2 men in stolen car fro... 5 hr butters_ 1
No Nativity scene at San Jacinto Plaza this year 8 hr DC Dave Detector 64
Reason #1,255 to stop mestizos from entering In... 8 hr Inquistor Detector 13
News Border officials seize 132 pounds of contraband... 14 hr DC Dave 4

El Paso Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Paso Mortgages