UTEP issues crime alert after carjack...

UTEP issues crime alert after carjacking, assault near campus

There are 21 comments on the El Paso Times story from Sep 26, 2013, titled UTEP issues crime alert after carjacking, assault near campus. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

The University of Texas at El Paso has issued a crime alert after a student was carjacked and two women were followed by a stranger in separate incidents this week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Statistical question

United States

#1 Sep 27, 2013
Do these events go on the safe CITY log?
Hank Dyson

El Paso, TX

#2 Sep 27, 2013
Statistical question wrote:
Why don't you run for office since you seem to have all the answers? I think you're all bark and not bite. A paper tiger to be sure.
Rolling Papers

Long Beach, WA

#3 Sep 27, 2013
Statistical question wrote:
NO because EL Paso would lose it rank as one of the top dog safest cities in the universe.
JWRussell USRN

El Paso, TX

#4 Sep 27, 2013
Rolling Papers wrote:
<quoted text> NO because EL Paso would lose it rank as one of the top dog safest cities in the universe.
If it happens on campus, that's not technically El Paso, dog. You have to understand how statistics work before you can make insightful comments on them.
You think wrong

United States

#5 Sep 27, 2013
Hank Dyson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you run for office since you seem to have all the answers? I think you're all bark and not bite. A paper tiger to be sure.
Try my trespass solution
Your logic distorts

United States

#6 Sep 27, 2013
JWRussell USRN wrote:
<quoted text>
If it happens on campus, that's not technically El Paso, dog. You have to understand how statistics work before you can make insightful comments on them.
So, on private property,
It's not a city stat either?
JWRussell USRN

El Paso, TX

#7 Sep 27, 2013
Your logic distorts wrote:
<quoted text>
So, on private property,
It's not a city stat either?
It's obvious that you don't know your butt from a flagpole. The city is divided and then subdivided for statistical purposes.(If you were a mathematician like I am, this would make sense to you.) Some areas are excluded, such as the Tigua area since they are a sovereign nation and UTEP, which is owned technically by the state since it's a university. Private property is under the oversight of the government and therefore the police. It is included, but you probably are not since no one would be dumb enough to come and interview you, lest they be driven batty by your constant stream of inanity.
Hank Dyson

El Paso, TX

#8 Sep 27, 2013
You think wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Try my trespass solution
I knew you were a damned coward! Man enough to spout off but not balls enough to get involved in the solution. How pathetic...
Parallax view

United States

#9 Sep 28, 2013
Hank Dyson wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you were a damned coward! Man enough to spout off but not balls enough to get involved in the solution. How pathetic...
You are deceiving yourself if you think I have any responsibility in saving your sorry butt....
Bobby McGee

El Paso, TX

#10 Sep 28, 2013
Don't forget all the crime over at ft.bliss and the crime they cause in the city.
Kyl Stockli

El Paso, TX

#11 Sep 28, 2013
Parallax view wrote:
<quoted text>
You are deceiving yourself if you think I have any responsibility in saving your sorry butt....
When I read this, I farted and then I sharted.
Soon I was squeezing out a giant log.
Your writing makes for a good laxative.
Rolling Papers

Tillamook, OR

#12 Sep 28, 2013
JWRussell USRN wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I have a El Paso city cop stop me on campus for a traffic infraction you know the normal around El Paso DUI, speeding, no, insurance,and he or she pulls out their ticket book I say. Whoa there not so fast buckaroo you can't write me a ticket because I'm technically not on city property right? Thanks now I'm starting to see how this safest city in the whole world stuff works
JWRussell USRN

El Paso, TX

#13 Sep 28, 2013
Rolling Papers wrote:
<quoted text> So if I have a El Paso city cop stop me on campus for a traffic infraction you know the normal around El Paso DUI, speeding, no, insurance,and he or she pulls out their ticket book I say. Whoa there not so fast buckaroo you can't write me a ticket because I'm technically not on city property right? Thanks now I'm starting to see how this safest city in the whole world stuff works
You can't talk to a law dog like that! Calling someone buckaroo will get your butt hauled off to jail faster than the wind from a duck's behind. You need to be respectful and polite when addressing someone in authority. But you are starting to get the gist of how statistic work. As Harry Truman said, "There are lies, fibs, tall tales, fabrications, monkey business and damned statistics which make me puke."
Rolling Papers

Long Beach, WA

#14 Sep 28, 2013
JWRussell USRN wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't talk to a law dog like that! Calling someone buckaroo will get your butt hauled off to jail faster than the wind from a duck's behind. You need to be respectful and polite when addressing someone in authority. But you are starting to get the gist of how statistic work. As Harry Truman said, "There are lies, fibs, tall tales, fabrications, monkey business and damned statistics which make me puke."
Answer the question does a ElPaso city cop have any authority on campus or Franklin State Park for that matter either as far as handing out tickets?
JWRussell USRN

El Paso, TX

#15 Sep 28, 2013
Rolling Papers wrote:
<quoted text> Answer the question does a ElPaso city cop have any authority on campus or Franklin State Park for that matter either as far as handing out tickets?
What are you getting so uppity about? Relax, dude, and smoke 'em if you got 'em. Why don't you twist up a fatty, toke until you choke, and then take a nicer approach to your question?
paint baller

El Paso, TX

#16 Sep 28, 2013
Rolling Papers wrote:
<quoted text> Answer the question does a ElPaso city cop have any authority on campus or Franklin State Park for that matter either as far as handing out tickets?
No you pendejo,now stop your freaking crying you POS lapdog.
Rolling Papers

Long Beach, WA

#17 Sep 28, 2013
JWRussell USRN wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you getting so uppity about? Relax, dude, and smoke 'em if you got 'em. Why don't you twist up a fatty, toke until you choke, and then take a nicer approach to your question?
OK I think I will roll up a big Cheek and Chong blunt and go downtown and smoke it out back when we get a break in the rain storms passing by today. Damn I love the new marijuana laws in this state. To bad I have to return to Hell Paso in a couple of weeks. You never did answer my questions about the cops handing out tickets on UTEP campus
Probable cause

United States

#18 Sep 29, 2013
Rolling Papers wrote:
<quoted text> So if I have a El Paso city cop stop me on campus for a traffic infraction you know the normal around El Paso DUI, speeding, no, insurance,and he or she pulls out their ticket book I say. Whoa there not so fast buckaroo you can't write me a ticket because I'm technically not on city property right? Thanks now I'm starting to see how this safest city in the whole world stuff works
If your Krispy Kreme donuts are out of sight and no wedding gifts in view,
You can travel without worry.
UTEP skanks

El Paso, TX

#19 Sep 29, 2013
Have you seen how those UTEP skanks dress down for class? I was on campus last week and it brought back memories of the prostitutes in Las Vegas. I'm surprised that it hasn't happened before.
Bait

United States

#20 Sep 29, 2013
UTEP skanks wrote:
Have you seen how those UTEP skanks dress down for class? I was on campus last week and it brought back memories of the prostitutes in Las Vegas. I'm surprised that it hasn't happened before.
LOL

That's bait for the snipers .deployed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Democrats stage sit-in, shut down chamber overa 2 hr huey goins 62
Abortion Today Euthanasia Next 2 hr huey goins 7
Why Does EP Suck So Much? (Sep '08) 7 hr DC Dave 85
Miami Massacre 9 hr Hanoi Hussein 42
Be Careful What You Vote For 10 hr DC Dave 46
Poll Who do you like better Eva Braun or Laura Bush (Jun '11) 13 hr Max 30
Thank God Your Mother Didn't Abort You! Mon America 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Paso Mortgages