Fleeing Drug Violence, Mexicans Pour ...

Fleeing Drug Violence, Mexicans Pour Into U.S.

There are 204 comments on the New York Times story from Apr 18, 2010, titled Fleeing Drug Violence, Mexicans Pour Into U.S.. In it, New York Times reports that:

The giant rusty fence of metal bars along the border here, built in recent years to keep illegal immigrants from crossing into the United States, has a new nickname among local residents: Jurassic Park Gate, a nod to the barrier in a 1993 movie that kept dangerous dinosaurs at bay in a theme park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Times.

Juan Too

United States

#392 Sep 16, 2013
Holla Isabella wrote:
This country has always been the home of immigrants and we welcome them with open arms. The poem at the statute of liberty, however, does not say send us your ignorant, unskilled, violent, vulgar, vile, useless wet back walking pieces of shit.
I have a PhD from the University of Hard Knocks.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#397 Sep 17, 2013
zanoni wrote:
<quoted text>
You're side-stepping the main point we were on. We were talking about productivity. Not how much you pay nor how you pay them. But following up on your side-stepping, this just means that their income is greater than reported. You say they get paid under the table.
It sounds to me like you're griping because you hired a contractor who hired unskilled workers. He charged you a bundle and paid the unskilled workers a piddly salary, maybe even under the table. I suggest you hire union workers next time. They'll get the job done right, on time, and they don't come cheap. No unskilled workers there, you get what you pay for.
Actually, I have never hired anybody who employed workers. I am fortunate to have a husband who can do just about anything. When there are jobs too big for him to handle, those we have hired are homegrown US citizens who do not employ illegals. I hire licensed, bonded workers, thank you.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#398 Sep 17, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I have never hired anybody who employed workers. I am fortunate to have a husband who can do just about anything. When there are jobs too big for him to handle, those we have hired are homegrown US citizens who do not employ illegals. I hire licensed, bonded workers, thank you.
Same here. The first question I ask of the contractor is who do you have doing the work. They hire illegals they don't get my work. They lie and show up with them, they get sent packing. Licensed and bonded only as well. No proof, no get job.
Storm Warning

Baraboo, WI

#399 Sep 17, 2013
well we could always sell pinatas that look like democrats

Location hidden

#404 Sep 18, 2013
zanoni wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG you're a she, I thought you were a HE all this time.
Yeah, sure...whatever.

Location hidden

#405 Sep 18, 2013
zanoni wrote:
Went to a party, there was pinata swinging. Someone had the stick and started to swing.
Just as the first pieces of candy began to fall, a greedy kid rushed in.
The kid with the stick took another swing, missed the pinata and hit the greedy kid.
The kid with the stick was a Democrat, the greedy kid was a Republican.
Actually, that kid told somebody else to do it for him, because he didn't want to get off the couch. It's always better for some to live off the fruits of others. You see, some have this attitude that just because they breathe others are supposed to do everything for them.
timothy james carroll

Los Angeles, CA

#407 Sep 18, 2013
Frank Gray wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true, although many of them also have their hands out for a little under the table action. It always irks me when I hire a contractor or a gardener and they expect a little something extra in their envelope.
because they work all right, they undercut American businesses.
timothy james carroll

Los Angeles, CA

#408 Sep 18, 2013
Juan Too wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a PhD from the University of Hard Knocks.
AMEN
USA

El Paso, TX

#412 Sep 18, 2013
Juareno wrote:
Besides, you have to hand it to us. We planned for this day, having our babies at Thomason, getting the birth certificates. We prepared ahead of time, now you can't stop us because we're going to use those birth certificates to come here legally and get every handout we're entitled to have.
And we still hate you suckers. Stupid pinche gringos.
You sound like a typical illegal alien invader. No matter what you do in this country you will always be second class and you can take that to the cleaners Juareno. You will never be excepted in this country pendejo.
Juareno

El Paso, TX

#413 Sep 18, 2013
USA wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a typical illegal alien invader. No matter what you do in this country you will always be second class and you can take that to the cleaners Juareno. You will never be excepted in this country pendejo.
Second class to what? The biggest drug consuming country in the world! You pochos can kiss my rosy brown culo just like always.
USA

El Paso, TX

#414 Sep 18, 2013
Juareno wrote:
<quoted text>Second class to what? The biggest drug consuming country in the world! You pochos can kiss my rosy brown culo just like always.
Hell, which is it - rosy or brown? Is it rosy because you have red cheeks from being spanker or brown because you forgot to wipe? Either way, no thank you. I only kiss the fannies of gorgeous women.
Brenda besson

United States

#415 Sep 18, 2013
zanoni wrote:
I know my parties fool. I is Mex'can after all.
you mud colored one day and not the next fooool,
Brenda besson

United States

#416 Sep 18, 2013
And still you are illegal lmao,bill was done in june lol.we are mid sept,we wont even talk about it til around oct maybe.we are so busy,debt ceiling,irs,nsa,syria foodstamp reform,gun control (that is a no go on taking our guns) harry reid said no votes on it lol.amnesty aka reform.if you ask me we lie to you like you lie to us.anyone that does not see this is dead is blind(zanoni) you moron can you see that.right in front of your mud colored face.
tequila tom

El Paso, TX

#417 Sep 18, 2013
USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell, which is it - rosy or brown? Is it rosy because you have red cheeks from being spanker or brown because you forgot to wipe? Either way, no thank you. I only kiss the fannies of gorgeous women.
Hey "Dan" please feel free to wipe his bum with your tongue
Brenda besson

United States

#418 Sep 18, 2013
Oh I forgot that retarted obama care twin that was made to go along with amnesty,this is america watch and learn lol we dont need amnesty or obama care.get rid of both.lets start to deport.
americaca

El Paso, TX

#419 Sep 18, 2013
Brenda besson wrote:
Oh I forgot that retarted obama care twin that was made to go along with amnesty,this is america watch and learn lol we dont need amnesty or obama care.get rid of both.lets start to deport.
You're the speedy cumswalloez joto that finally came out of the closet and became a woman. Good for you putota.
Brenda besson

United States

#420 Sep 18, 2013
americaca wrote:
<quoted text>You're the speedy cumswalloez joto that finally came out of the closet and became a woman. Good for you putota.
you are truly sick.and illegal.and yet one more new name.what a boring life you must have cybil.
Brenda besson

United States

#421 Sep 18, 2013
USA wrote:
<quoted text>
you got that right,you can take it to the bank,
Juan Too

Albuquerque, NM

#422 Sep 19, 2013
zanoni wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG you're a she, I thought you were a HE all this time.
Teddy is a he. They have one of those "special" relationships that are practiced only in America.

Location hidden

#423 Sep 19, 2013
Juan Too wrote:
<quoted text>
Teddy is a he. They have one of those "special" relationships that are practiced only in America.
Aren't you just the funny one? Alas, you are mistaken yet again. It has to be sad being you always looking over your shoulder, never knowing if the Feds or your Ex have figured out your various scams.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News One more sentenced in deacon drug-ring case 2 hr DC Dave 17
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 2 hr butters_ 23,796
Dumb and Dumber A matter of Choice 21 hr butters_ 21
News New Mexico, Texas activists to hold 100 immigra... 22 hr DC Dave 3
Nico Lico also to run for President in Mexico Fri MrDelpaso 24
Sara Pailin for VA secretary hahaha that's what... Fri MrDelpaso 11
Did Huey die of old age or did the FBI find his... Fri DC Dave 11

El Paso Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Paso Mortgages