Fleeing Drug Violence, Mexicans Pour Into U.S.

Apr 18, 2010 Full story: New York Times 204

The giant rusty fence of metal bars along the border here, built in recent years to keep illegal immigrants from crossing into the United States, has a new nickname among local residents: Jurassic Park Gate, a nod to the barrier in a 1993 movie that kept dangerous dinosaurs at bay in a theme park.

Full Story
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#363 Sep 15, 2013
zanoni wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly what your ancestors were when they arrived. And they sailed across an ocean, how hard could things have been for them to cross an ocean, not a river?
Those ancestors came here LEGALLY, were processed, assimilated, learned English and were productive LEGAL citizens. The ILLEGALS from Mexico are not, the come here ILLEGALLY, live here ILLEGALLY and steal benefits from hard working LEGAL Americans and they do it all ILLEGALLY.
Ratmaster

Oceanside, CA

#364 Sep 15, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Those ancestors came here LEGALLY, were processed, assimilated, learned English and were productive LEGAL citizens. The ILLEGALS from Mexico are not, the come here ILLEGALLY, live here ILLEGALLY and steal benefits from hard working LEGAL Americans and they do it all ILLEGALLY.
If that is true why are there some many vets from Mexico that had have fought in Iraq and Afghanistan. One was nominated for the Medal of Honor?
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#365 Sep 15, 2013
Ratmaster wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is true why are there some many vets from Mexico that had have fought in Iraq and Afghanistan. One was nominated for the Medal of Honor?
Serving in the military is a LEGAL path to citizenship, crawling across the border isn't.
Ratmaster

Oceanside, CA

#366 Sep 15, 2013
You made a statement against Mexicans. There are Mexicans that did not come here legally and became residents and have served honorably in the the Service. You attack Mexicans. How you can honestly say that people from other nationalities have not come to the USA legally? That is a bold lie. What right did the Pilgrims have to the the lands in the East? Where they not illegal aliens? How about the taking of the lands in the West? Wasn't the land take illegally and they were illegal aliens? How many traitors have there been to the USA that originated from Mexico? Your hate has made you blind.
old salt

United States

#367 Sep 15, 2013
Ratmaster wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't call blowing a bunch of sailors service to your country you filthy sailor. Good thing the NAVY discharged your sorry azz before you continued to spread your cheeks and your disease.
Ratmaster

Oceanside, CA

#369 Sep 15, 2013
zanoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Name them. If you can't trace your family back to a specific "adventurer" then you're full of sh*t!
The great bulk of Anglos in this country aren't descendants of any adventurers. The great bulk of Anglos in this country are descendants of Europeans who fled Europe for one reason or another, be it religious, political, or economical.
Don't forget the starving Irish in the mid 1800s that came to the USA.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#374 Sep 16, 2013
zanoni wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly what your ancestors were when they arrived. And they sailed across an ocean, how hard could things have been for them to cross an ocean, not a river?
Not all of them were unskilled. They had sponsors who had to vouch for them, that they had jobs lined up and would able to support themselves, and not be a burdern to anybody. They didn't have the luxury of living off their kids entitlements, so they had to work even harder in order to continue to to able support their families, or they would have to go home in defeat. No matter how hard you try to vilify true immigrants of the past, there simply is no compariosn to them and those who sneak in daily. The immigrants of the past had a major role in building this country, while today's interlopers are not making the same contributions.
Storm Warning

Fall River, WI

#375 Sep 16, 2013
Mexicans fleeing other Mexicans would be a better title
Brenda besson

United States

#376 Sep 16, 2013
zanoni wrote:
<quoted text>
You just now put your foot in your mouth stupid!!!!
Nuts is also slang for "balls" as in, the testicles, the scrotum.
Well, get on these nuts biotch!!!!
Hahahaahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
Do you see how stupid you are? Hahahahahaha!!!!! Get on these nuts ho'.
Vomit ,no one needs sex ed classes from you,Id lIke to put my foot up your ass,you dIsgustIng shIt.talk to your boyfrIend about your nuts no one here cares.
Petro

El Paso, TX

#377 Sep 16, 2013
Brenda besson wrote:
<quoted text>Vomit ,no one needs sex ed classes from you,Id lIke to put my foot up your ass,you dIsgustIng shIt.talk to your boyfrIend about your nuts no one here cares.
Stop crying already you worthless joto. The only one carry an extra foot on their person is your fat culo with your dogs paw up your fundillo.
JWRussell USRN

El Paso, TX

#378 Sep 16, 2013
zanoni wrote:
Vet, here's the last one:
"Not let's look at the political climate. Here are the states with the highest electoral votes.
1. California, 55 electoral votes
2. Texas, 38 electoral votes
3. New York, 29 electoral votes
4. Florida, 29 electoral votes
Does this amaze you? It should, these are the states with very large Latino/Hispanic populations!
Here are the states with the least electoral votes.
1. Wyoming, 3 electoral votes
2. Montana, 3 electoral votes
3. South Dakota, 3 electoral votes
4. North Dakota, 3 electoral votes
With the exception of Wyoming which has a Latino/Hispanic population of 6.4%, the other states on the list have less than 3%.
The states that are the real movers and shakers of this country have some of the largest Latino/Hispanic populations!!!!
I just love smearing this on your face!!!!!"
Most of this polling data doesn't add up to dog meat. Your facts here are unimpeachable but there is a consideration of some demographics being unreported. That whole Ruby Ridge deal is one example. Immigration reform is on life support after Syria came to the fore and the whole budget mess is now a priority. A debt ceiling increase too, don't forget.
JesusChristCentr alDave

El Paso, TX

#379 Sep 16, 2013
zanoni wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration mocoso.
I'm also a tax professional.
Who flunked what mocoso?
Yeah Right! And you tell the migra "American" when they ask "Citizenship" too I bet.

Now get back to drying off the cars at H&H!
Brenda besson

United States

#380 Sep 16, 2013
Petro wrote:
<quoted text>Stop crying already you worthless joto. The only one carry an extra foot on their person is your fat culo with your dogs paw up your fundillo.
lol yet one of your new names,no ones crying we are laughing at you,no extra foot or fat ass must be thinking of your mother,sister,girlfreind.white women keep tone lol we dont eat taco,rice,or salami fried food is why your women look like vaca.
Brenda besson

United States

#381 Sep 16, 2013
JesusChristCentralDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Right! And you tell the migra "American" when they ask "Citizenship" too I bet.
Now get back to drying off the cars at H&H!
lol he has nothing going on,very sick.look at the things he talks about.
Brenda besson

United States

#382 Sep 16, 2013
Holla Isabella wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, you filthy, lowlife splc. If you can use the word gringo, I can call you a splc, splc.
lol and that name fits him well,thats all he is and ever will be mud colored.
Brenda besson

United States

#383 Sep 16, 2013
zanoni wrote:
Hey Brenda, this salami is mud-colored too. Hahahahaha!!!1
feed it to your dog.
Petro

El Paso, TX

#384 Sep 16, 2013
Brenda besson wrote:
<quoted text> lol yet one of your new names,no ones crying we are laughing at you,no extra foot or fat ass must be thinking of your mother,sister,girlfreind.white women keep tone lol we dont eat taco,rice,or salami fried food is why your women look like vaca.
I am soooo glad that you finally admitted that you truly feel more comfortable being a woman than pretending to be some flaming transtesticle.
JWRussell USRN

El Paso, TX

#387 Sep 16, 2013
zanoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain further. First you say the data just doesn't add up, then you say the facts are unimpeachable.
Explain the demographics that are being unreported. And what does Ruby Ridge have to do with what I presented?
And finally, how did immigration reform get into this subject? And also a debt ceiling increase?
I think you may have it all brass backwards in regards to what I said. I said most of the data, which means many of the polls that are cited, but not yours. Your facts, as presented, are unimpeachable. I commend you for doing the research.

However, the data presented is always only as good as the research behind it. Many demographics are unreported or under reported since illegals aliens are reticent to speak or be recognized.

Immigration reform is germane since many Mexicans are banking on amnesty soon. Even though it was promised by the President, events have served to distract attention and the government is now focused on more pressing issues, such as the debt ceiling increase.
Frank Gray

El Paso, TX

#390 Sep 16, 2013
zanoni wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't see the contributions being made by today's immigrants you're really blind as a bat and twice as dumb.
Today's immigrants work just as hard, if not harder, than the immigrants of the past. Why do you think they get hired? I'll tell you why, BECAUSE THEY WORK!!!!!!!!!
Very true, although many of them also have their hands out for a little under the table action. It always irks me when I hire a contractor or a gardener and they expect a little something extra in their envelope.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#391 Sep 16, 2013
zanoni wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't see the contributions being made by today's immigrants you're really blind as a bat and twice as dumb.
Today's immigrants work just as hard, if not harder, than the immigrants of the past. Why do you think they get hired? I'll tell you why, BECAUSE THEY WORK!!!!!!!!!
They get hired because they agree to a piddly salary and getting paid under the table which saves their employers a bundle. Surprise, surprise, those employers NEVER pass the savings onto the consumer. Because many unskilled workers are learning on the job, the quality of the work is not always acceptable. Sorry to break it you, but these folks are not immigrants, because that would connote that they came in legally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 min Liberal forever 18,755
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 46 min why 594
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 48 min Liberal forever 22,737
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 1 hr stupid people 690
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 2 hr stupid people 803
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) 4 hr Gasman 379
Could L Morales be a carrier of Tuberculosis 4 hr Vern Dozier 12

El Paso Jobs

El Paso People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

El Paso News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in El Paso

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]