Man ends up with amputated ear, sever...

Man ends up with amputated ear, severe cuts in attack by 5 pit bulls

Posted in the El Paso Forum

wtf

El Paso, TX

#1 Dec 1, 2012
A man is recovering after being severely attacked by a pack of pit bulls in Socorro.

The attack occurred around 4:30 p.m. Friday. Armando Gutierrez told emergency crews that he was walking by a residence on Flor Bonita Avenue when it happened.

According to Socorro City spokesman Dave Garcia, the man had to have his left ear amputated. He also received severe damage to his face and nose and multiple lacerations on his head.

Garcia said the owner of the dogs was cited for failure to control the dogs.

The dogs are now in the possession of the county.

Gutierrez is expected to be okay.

I wonder what he did to provoke the dog attack?
Mike Tyson

El Paso, TX

#2 Dec 1, 2012
Dave Garcia is such a joto. It wouldn't surprise me is this was some kind of tactical cover up to divert attention away from the corrupt socorro police investigation.
This guy was probably paid to get thrown in with those dogs.
_49er_Arrrrrrr_

El Paso, TX

#4 Dec 1, 2012
The topix forum moderaters should all get Killed By Accident. Those POS continue to piss me off.
AREU5REAL

El Paso, TX

#5 Dec 1, 2012
When I was on the force, we saw this most every day. Dogs are not leashed properly and people who are liquored up want to prove how tough they are by provoking the animal.
Flash

El Paso, TX

#6 Dec 2, 2012
First off, many people do not understand that pit bulls are not a breed of dog. In fact, many pit bull breeds fall under the blanket "pit bull " category. These include:
American Pit Bull Terrier
American Staffordshire Terrier
Cane Corso
Dogue de Bordeaux
Perro de Presa Canario
Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

Myth: Pit bulls have locking jaws. Once they bite, they can’t let go, even if they want to.

FACT: No dog of any breed has ever been found to possess a mechanism in their jaw which would allow them to “lock” their top and bottom jaw together. There is no such thing as a locking jaw!

Myth: Pit bulls have a unique bite style consisting of biting down, holding, and shaking.

FACT: Biting, holding, and shaking are
not unique behaviors for pit bulls. All dogs will perform these behaviors.Tug toys and rope toys are popular because many dogs enjoy grabbing, pulling, and shaking them. This is a natural behavior that all dogs engage in.

Myth: Pit bulls are genetically driven to kill people.

FACT: Dogs are not machines; they are living organisms. Like all living organisms, a dog’s behavior is influenced by both genetics and environment. How a dog owner manages his or her dog will determine whether the dog becomes a danger to humans. No dog is driven entirely by genetics to attack people, and
no dog breed has been created or bred into such a state that all dogs of that breed are compelled to attack people. Dogs that are raised as beloved family pets do not kill people.

Myth: Pit bulls are very aggressive.

FACT: Pit bulls are no more or less aggressive than any other type of dog. Many of the behaviors we expect from and encourage in dogs, including hunting, tracking, guarding, and even playing, are actually modified forms of aggression.

aggressiveness toward small animals, is common with all breeds and types of dogs. Dogs are essentially domesticated predators. Many dogs will exhibit predatory behavior toward small
animals that they consider prey.

Aggression is an individual trait that varies from dog to dog, and has a lot to do with a dog’s environment and owners. Aggressive behaviors are common and normal in dogs of all breeds and types. Pit bulls do not exhibit any aggressive behaviors that are unique or extreme when compared to other breeds or types of dogs.

Myth: If a pit bull bites down and tastes blood, it will become aggressive and unstoppable.

FACT: Dogs bite because they are scared, in pain, or defensive. They bite so that the offending person/animal/object will go away—and it usually works. Subsequent bites have nothing to do with the “taste of blood.” rather when faced in a similar situation again the dog is repeating a behavior that has gotten a desired result in the past.

Pit Bull Fact which may surprise you:
Despite what some people believe, pit bulls actually make great pets for families. In tests done by the American Temperament Test Society, pit bulls were generally less aggressive when faced with confrontational situations that produced negative reactions out of many other stereotypically "friendly " dog breeds, such as beagles and poodles. They ranked higher overall than golden retrievers on temperament with a 83% pass rate vs 82% for golden retrievers.

Listed as biters from the CDC:
is impossible to say the top ten dogs that bite because all dogs bite. The top ten most likely to bite are: Dachshunds, chihuahuas, toy poodles, Dalmatians, Husky, Akitas,
Jack Russell/some terriers/pit bull terrier, GSD, boxer and Rottweilers.
Jaws

El Paso, TX

#7 Dec 2, 2012
_49er_Arrrrrrr_ wrote:
The topix forum moderaters should all get Killed By Accident. Those POS continue to piss me off.
Stop your crying you mexicant crybaby
AREU4REAL

El Paso, TX

#8 Dec 2, 2012
AREU5REAL wrote:
When I was on the force, we saw this most every day. Dogs are not leashed properly and people who are liquored up want to prove how tough they are by provoking the animal.
You were never on any police force or animal regulations unit. You can't even lie convincingly.
AREU4REAL

El Paso, TX

#9 Dec 2, 2012
Take the dogs to the pound for the required time limit and then shot them. Fine the owner $1,000 per dog and then let the man sue the owner for everything he has. every yard that has a large dog, pit bull or mastiff should be required to have a fence of at least 6 feet in height and pulser electronics to prevent the dog from trying to jump over.
AREU4REAL

El Paso, TX

#10 Dec 2, 2012
Flash wrote:
First off, many people do not understand that pit bulls are not a breed of dog. In fact, many pit bull breeds fall under the blanket "pit bull " category. These include:
American Pit Bull Terrier
American Staffordshire Terrier
Cane Corso
Dogue de Bordeaux
Perro de Presa Canario
Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
Myth: Pit bulls have locking jaws. Once they bite, they can’t let go, even if they want to.
FACT: No dog of any breed has ever been found to possess a mechanism in their jaw which would allow them to “lock” their top and bottom jaw together. There is no such thing as a locking jaw!
Myth: Pit bulls have a unique bite style consisting of biting down, holding, and shaking.
FACT: Biting, holding, and shaking are
not unique behaviors for pit bulls. All dogs will perform these behaviors.Tug toys and rope toys are popular because many dogs enjoy grabbing, pulling, and shaking them. This is a natural behavior that all dogs engage in.
Myth: Pit bulls are genetically driven to kill people.
FACT: Dogs are not machines; they are living organisms. Like all living organisms, a dog’s behavior is influenced by both genetics and environment. How a dog owner manages his or her dog will determine whether the dog becomes a danger to humans. No dog is driven entirely by genetics to attack people, and
no dog breed has been created or bred into such a state that all dogs of that breed are compelled to attack people. Dogs that are raised as beloved family pets do not kill people.
Myth: Pit bulls are very aggressive.
FACT: Pit bulls are no more or less aggressive than any other type of dog. Many of the behaviors we expect from and encourage in dogs, including hunting, tracking, guarding, and even playing, are actually modified forms of aggression.
aggressiveness toward small animals, is common with all breeds and types of dogs. Dogs are essentially domesticated predators. Many dogs will exhibit predatory behavior toward small
animals that they consider prey.
Aggression is an individual trait that varies from dog to dog, and has a lot to do with a dog’s environment and owners. Aggressive behaviors are common and normal in dogs of all breeds and types. Pit bulls do not exhibit any aggressive behaviors that are unique or extreme when compared to other breeds or types of dogs.
Myth: If a pit bull bites down and tastes blood, it will become aggressive and unstoppable.
FACT: Dogs bite because they are scared, in pain, or defensive. They bite so that the offending person/animal/object will go away—and it usually works. Subsequent bites have nothing to do with the “taste of blood.” rather when faced in a similar situation again the dog is repeating a behavior that has gotten a desired result in the past.
Pit Bull Fact which may surprise you:
Despite what some people believe, pit bulls actually make great pets for families. In tests done by the American Temperament Test Society, pit bulls were generally less aggressive when faced with confrontational situations that produced negative reactions out of many other stereotypically "friendly " dog breeds, such as beagles and poodles. They ranked higher overall than golden retrievers on temperament with a 83% pass rate vs 82% for golden retrievers.
Listed as biters from the CDC:
is impossible to say the top ten dogs that bite because all dogs bite. The top ten most likely to bite are: Dachshunds, chihuahuas, toy poodles, Dalmatians, Husky, Akitas,
Jack Russell/some terriers/pit bull terrier, GSD, boxer and Rottweilers.
Okay, regardless of breed you say but how many chihuahuas do you know have killed a person. These animals who bite a person severely or kill another animal being walked on a leash should be put down after being held to determine if they are sick or not.
Jaws

El Paso, TX

#11 Dec 2, 2012
AREU4REAL wrote:
Take the dogs to the pound for the required time limit and then shot them. Fine the owner $1,000 per dog and then let the man sue the owner for everything he has. every yard that has a large dog, pit bull or mastiff should be required to have a fence of at least 6 feet in height and pulser electronics to prevent the dog from trying to jump over.
That is great but most hispanics will not do that. They breed their dogs like they breed children that they can't take care of - with no regard with what hard they will bring unto others.
Lawnmaster

El Paso, TX

#12 Dec 2, 2012
Hopefully it was one of those sticky hungry homeless vets.,
Lawnmaster

El Paso, TX

#13 Dec 2, 2012
Flash wrote:
First off, many people do not understand that pit bulls are not a breed of dog. In fact, many pit bull breeds fall under the blanket "pit bull " category. These include:
American Pit Bull Terrier
American Staffordshire Terrier
Cane Corso
Dogue de Bordeaux
Perro de Presa Canario
Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
Myth: Pit bulls have locking jaws. Once they bite, they can’t let go, even if they want to.
FACT: No dog of any breed has ever been found to possess a mechanism in their jaw which would allow them to “lock” their top and bottom jaw together. There is no such thing as a locking jaw!
Myth: Pit bulls have a unique bite style consisting of biting down, holding, and shaking.
FACT: Biting, holding, and shaking are
not unique behaviors for pit bulls. All dogs will perform these behaviors.Tug toys and rope toys are popular because many dogs enjoy grabbing, pulling, and shaking them. This is a natural behavior that all dogs engage in.
Myth: Pit bulls are genetically driven to kill people.
FACT: Dogs are not machines; they are living organisms. Like all living organisms, a dog’s behavior is influenced by both genetics and environment. How a dog owner manages his or her dog will determine whether the dog becomes a danger to humans. No dog is driven entirely by genetics to attack people, and
no dog breed has been created or bred into such a state that all dogs of that breed are compelled to attack people. Dogs that are raised as beloved family pets do not kill people.
Myth: Pit bulls are very aggressive.
FACT: Pit bulls are no more or less aggressive than any other type of dog. Many of the behaviors we expect from and encourage in dogs, including hunting, tracking, guarding, and even playing, are actually modified forms of aggression.
aggressiveness toward small animals, is common with all breeds and types of dogs. Dogs are essentially domesticated predators. Many dogs will exhibit predatory behavior toward small
animals that they consider prey.
Aggression is an individual trait that varies from dog to dog, and has a lot to do with a dog’s environment and owners. Aggressive behaviors are common and normal in dogs of all breeds and types. Pit bulls do not exhibit any aggressive behaviors that are unique or extreme when compared to other breeds or types of dogs.
Myth: If a pit bull bites down and tastes blood, it will become aggressive and unstoppable.
FACT: Dogs bite because they are scared, in pain, or defensive. They bite so that the offending person/animal/object will go away—and it usually works. Subsequent bites have nothing to do with the “taste of blood.” rather when faced in a similar situation again the dog is repeating a behavior that has gotten a desired result in the past.
Pit Bull Fact which may surprise you:
Despite what some people believe, pit bulls actually make great pets for families. In tests done by the American Temperament Test Society, pit bulls were generally less aggressive when faced with confrontational situations that produced negative reactions out of many other stereotypically "friendly " dog breeds, such as beagles and poodles. They ranked higher overall than golden retrievers on temperament with a 83% pass rate vs 82% for golden retrievers.
Listed as biters from the CDC:
is impossible to say the top ten dogs that bite because all dogs bite. The top ten most likely to bite are: Dachshunds, chihuahuas, toy poodles, Dalmatians, Husky, Akitas,
Jack Russell/some terriers/pit bull terrier, GSD, boxer and Rottweilers.
Which breed will breed me?
Jay moore

El Paso, TX

#14 Dec 16, 2012
Mike Tyson wrote:
Dave Garcia is such a joto. It wouldn't surprise me is this was some kind of tactical cover up to divert attention away from the corrupt socorro police investigation.
This guy was probably paid to get thrown in with those dogs.
.... That's right my brother people hear about this and forget what goes on with the police there....
Lawnmaster

El Paso, TX

#15 Dec 16, 2012
I was attacked by a poodle and cried like a baby.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I hate El Paso! (Jan '08) 5 hr Damage Control Ce... 1,559
Poll Should Petro be Banned from this Forum? (Aug '12) 6 hr Big Iron 2,392
News A new way to play soccer makes its way to El Paso 7 hr Big Iron 2
News University of Texas launches system-wide study ... 10 hr eyes of texas 18
Poll The qualities of a good husband. 12 hr ukk 6
News Sex clubs and swingers in El Paso (Nov '08) 14 hr eyes of texas 1,749
DONT PLAY TEXAS LOTTERY_ITs Rig (Dec '11) 17 hr Damage Control Ce... 76
More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Paso Mortgages