Montana GOP policy: Make homosexuality illegal

Full story: TwinCities.com

At a time when gays have been gaining victories across the country, the Republican Party in Montana still wants to make homosexuality illegal.
Comments
521 - 540 of 547 Comments Last updated Dec 17, 2010
Perez Hilton

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

Judged:

When asked about his perspective on social issues--gay marriage, abortion--Prince tapped his Bible and said, "God came to earth and saw people sticking it wherever and doing it with whatever, and he just cleared it all out. He was, like,'Enough.' "
Perez Hilton

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

Prince said.“People with money—money like that—are not affected by the stock market, and they’re not freaking out over anything. They’re just watching. So here’s how it is: you’ve got the Republicans, and basically they want to live according to this.” He pointed to a Bible.“But there’s the problem of interpretation, and you’ve got some churches, some people, basically doing things and saying it comes from here, but it doesn’t. And then on the opposite end of the spectrum you’ve got blue, you’ve got the Democrats, and they’re, like,‘You can do whatever you want.’ Gay marriage, whatever. But neither of them is right.”

http://www.newyorker.com/talk/2008/11/24/0811...
Perez Hilton

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

Prince said.“People with money—money like that—are not affected by the stock market, and they’re not freaking out over anything. They’re just watching. So here’s how it is: you’ve got the Republicans, and basically they want to live according to this.” He pointed to a Bible.“But there’s the problem of interpretation, and you’ve got some churches, some people, basically doing things and saying it comes from here, but it doesn’t. And then on the opposite end of the spectrum you’ve got blue, you’ve got the Democrats, and they’re, like,‘You can do whatever you want.’ Gay marriage, whatever. But neither of them is right.”

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/talk/2008/11/24/0811...

Perez Hilton

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

Brighton John

Stockport, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

Perez Hilton wrote:
When asked about his perspective on social issues--gay marriage, abortion--Prince tapped his Bible and said, "God came to earth and saw people sticking it wherever and doing it with whatever, and he just cleared it all out. He was, like,'Enough.' "
Oh, wow, at last an eye-witness - and a true Lord of Language !
Brighton John

Stockport, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

Nancy Pelosi wrote:
Well....there no need to go so far as to make it illegal. However, i would like to see it confined to dark, windowless basements preferably with walls heavy enough so i cannot hear the grunting.
Honey, doesn't your man grunt?
Brighton John

Stockport, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

Jitney wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a real crisis, my friend. Whatever shall we do?
In you country the constitution posits equality under the law.
So what you can do is either grant those rights to all, or remove them from the heterosexual ciitizens; I don't see you getting the latter passed by legislation.
Your constituion is either one of mankind's greatest achievements, or it's just a "scap of paper".
Brighton John

Stockport, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

Jitney wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your idea of "sensible faiths", my friend?
May I reply with a quotation?
Gautama Buddha said:
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.
Brighton John

Stockport, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

Lefts Out wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of what you've listed can be done through Power of Attorney, Wills and other legal documents.
Indeed, and you have to pay a lawyer for each of those items. For the poor, and for older folk especially, what should be their rights as citizens can be beyond their financial reach.

Since: Jul 08

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Brighton John wrote:
<quoted text>
In you country the constitution posits equality under the law.
So what you can do is either grant those rights to all, or remove them from the heterosexual ciitizens; I don't see you getting the latter passed by legislation.
Your constituion is either one of mankind's greatest achievements, or it's just a "scap of paper".
Sure thing, my friend. I am on it.

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

Brighton John wrote:
<quoted text>
May I reply with a quotation?
Gautama Buddha said:
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.
Sounds good. Thanks for the advice, my friend.
Brighton John

Stockport, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

Ben Dover wrote:
<quoted text>
Move to bankrupt california. They have all the above benefits.
Other states don't want the gay agenda forced on them.
It is interesting to see that your regard the rights tacitly enjoyed by the heterosexual part of you citizenry as inalienable for them only, and when the gay citizens demand the very same rights, it sunddenly becomes "the gay agenda forced upon" the states.
To quote Oliver Cromwell, "Consider ... thay you may be wrong."
Knee-jerk thinking is just not good enough for a civilised man or woman.
Brighton John

Stockport, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

Zepster wrote:
What amazes me is the simplicity of the argument against homosexuality clearly spelled out in the bible in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. These 2 cities were engaged in homosexuality as well as other sins and God laid them to waste. The message there is glaringly clear. All of these arguments about genetics and blah blah blah are irrelevant.... If God says it's wrong guess what?? IT IS WRONG.......
Oh, wow! And God has told you all that?
I doubt it.
All cities throughout time have "engaged in homosexuality", and he has left them be. Maybe raping angels was the crime - and that has ceased to be a common occurrence since Genesis was written.
To start with the bible, have you read about Gilbeah, where a similar situation is supposed to have arisen (Book of Judges, chaps. 19 and 20). It led to the murder of a concubine and a pogrom whipped up by the local Jews.
No divine intervention that time.
so sorry for you

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

Brighton John wrote:
<quoted text>
It is interesting to see that your regard the rights tacitly enjoyed by the heterosexual part of you citizenry as inalienable for them only, and when the gay citizens demand the very same rights, it sunddenly becomes "the gay agenda forced upon" the states.
To quote Oliver Cromwell, "Consider ... thay you may be wrong."
Knee-jerk thinking is just not good enough for a civilised man or woman.
“truly England and the church of god hath had a great favour from the lord, in this great victory given us.”- Oliver Cromwell

During Oliver Cromwell's era he would have had "gays' executed.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Brighton John wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, wow! And God has told you all that?
I doubt it.
All cities throughout time have "engaged in homosexuality", and he has left them be. Maybe raping angels was the crime - and that has ceased to be a common occurrence since Genesis was written.
To start with the bible, have you read about Gilbeah, where a similar situation is supposed to have arisen (Book of Judges, chaps. 19 and 20). It led to the murder of a concubine and a pogrom whipped up by the local Jews.
No divine intervention that time.
I thought Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because they weren't hospitable, my friend.
StopSuffraging

Bay City, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Women shouldn't vote!
Brighton John

Stockport, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2010

Judged:

so sorry for you wrote:
<quoted text>
“truly England and the church of god hath had a great favour from the lord, in this great victory given us.”- Oliver Cromwell
During Oliver Cromwell's era he would have had "gays' executed.
But he didn't; so how have you been able to read his mind?
Brighton John

Stockport, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2010

Jitney wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because they weren't hospitable, my friend.
Indeed. Especially where angels were concerned.
gerbil patrol

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2010

Judged:

Brighton John wrote:
<quoted text>
But he didn't; so how have you been able to read his mind?
How do you know? Where you there?

No one cares about your gay sexual agenda so stop flaming.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2010

Brighton John wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. Especially where angels were concerned.
I'm glad I got it right, my friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

El Paso Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

El Paso People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••