Montana GOP policy: Make homosexuality illegal

At a time when gays have been gaining victories across the country, the Republican Party in Montana still wants to make homosexuality illegal. Full Story
uh huh

Lumberton, NC

#287 Oct 5, 2010
Record Poverty Levels wrote:
<quoted text>Gays are the predator. Thank you for the courage to speak the truth.
do gays go up to your house and keep harrasing you to buy there books?

“Choose wisely!”

Since: Jul 07

Los Angeles

#288 Oct 5, 2010
Jitney wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot possibly compare slavery or the history of discrimination against Blacks and women in this country to gays being refused rainbow cupcakes.
Then by all means, as you make the ascertion, tell us why you can NOT make such a comparison.

Are you aware, for example, that in 34 States you can be fired from your job simply for being gay, and that you have ZERO legal recourse?!!

Eric

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#289 Oct 5, 2010
gemelk wrote:
<quoted text>
Then by all means, as you make the ascertion, tell us why you can NOT make such a comparison.
Are you aware, for example, that in 34 States you can be fired from your job simply for being gay, and that you have ZERO legal recourse?!!
Eric
Then fight for the right to work and skip the cupcake fiascoes. Stop being so stupid as to be unable to pick a valid thing to fight for.

“Choose wisely!”

Los Angeles

#290 Oct 6, 2010
Phrank wrote:
<quoted text>
Then fight for the right to work and skip the cupcake fiascoes. Stop being so stupid as to be unable to pick a valid thing to fight for.
Once again I will state that it is NOT the LGBT community making the fuss over these cupcakes (seriously we bake better than any store).

Who is the making the fuss? The extreme Right.

So get your facts right, please.

Eric

“Choose wisely!”

Los Angeles

#291 Oct 6, 2010
Phrank wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and as to the right to work, you have heard of legislation that the LGBT community and its allies have been trying to get passed for over a decade now? It's called "ENDA" - the Employment Non Discrimination Act. Interestingly enough it's people like you who are standing in the way of passage.

Eric

Since: Jan 10

Rio Rancho, NM

#292 Oct 6, 2010
Let's make "dumb" illegal in Montana. Would have to lock up about 88% of the state, including all of the state GOP leadership.

Since: Jul 08

United States

#294 Oct 7, 2010
gemelk wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric
Well for one my friend, gays do not possess any immutable characteristics and do not have a long-standing widespread documented history of discrimination or oppression in this country. Gays are not victims.

“You'll love me!”

I promise.

#296 Oct 7, 2010
Jitney wrote:
<quoted text>
Well for one my friend, gays do not possess any immutable characteristics and do not have a long-standing widespread documented history of discrimination or oppression in this country. Gays are not victims.
Are you kidding me? Tell that to Matthew Shepherd's mother.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Shepherd

United States

#297 Oct 7, 2010
Coy91 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me? Tell that to Matthew Shepherd's mother.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Shepherd
Would you happen to have her phone # my friend? I'll give her a ring and tell her how the gay community and their supporters exploited her sons tragic death in order to vilify the church. What you should mention are the high rates of domestic violence among same sex couples.

“You'll love me!”

I promise.

#298 Oct 7, 2010
Jitney wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you happen to have her phone # my friend? I'll give her a ring and tell her how the gay community and their supporters exploited her sons tragic death in order to vilify the church. What you should mention are the high rates of domestic violence among same sex couples.
Do you have a reputable source to back up that statement? I'm going to guess that it comes from one of these groups.

- NARTH
- Family Research Council
- National Organization for Marriage

Those are hate groups and we don't care what they say.

I'm sure Matthew Shepherd's mother would kick your ass for saying that too. We didn't exploit anything. Matthew was tied to a fence and left for dead. That is the opposition's fault and not ours.

By the way, she is a very active member of the LGBT community these days.

Location hidden

#299 Oct 7, 2010
gemelk wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and as to the right to work, you have heard of legislation that the LGBT community and its allies have been trying to get passed for over a decade now? It's called "ENDA" - the Employment Non Discrimination Act. Interestingly enough it's people like you who are standing in the way of passage.
Eric
Oh really, how am I doing that? You are so damned presumptive and the truth is you know noting about me, what I fight for or how I vote.!!
Not surprising in the least.
And I have seen only the militant GL community frothing at the mouth about the rainbow cookies, but then again I do not seek my news through the MSM.

“Choose wisely!”

Los Angeles

#300 Oct 7, 2010
Jitney wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You think that gays "do not have a long-standing widespread documented history of discrimination or oppression in this country."

I dare you to back that up. Dare you to prove that statement to be true. Cite your sources. Prove that there has not a long-standing widespread history of discrimination or oppression in this country against gays.

Prove that gays were not rounded up and arrested simply for holding hands. Prove that gays (and lesbians) were not routinely denied the right to work in Government, with specific notice to the CIA, the FBI, the US Army, the US Navy, the US Marines and the US Air Force. Prove that there was not discrimination against gays in teaching. Prove that there has not been sufficient harrassment and discrimination against homosexuals that has caused far to many, even in 2010, to commit suicide because of fear of being 'outed'.

Prove even one of those statements and do it with verifiable references and citations. I dare you.

Try as you and others like you have to hurt us, embarass us, humiliate us, deny us jobs, exclude us from employment, deny us our love and right to marry, our right to life, as much as you have hurt us, maimed us and even murdered us, all your efforts mean NOTHING, because we are still here and stronger than ever.

So prove even 1 statement. I dare you.

Eric

“Choose wisely!”

Los Angeles

#301 Oct 7, 2010
Phrank wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really, how am I doing that? You are so damned presumptive and the truth is you know noting about me, what I fight for or how I vote.!!
Not surprising in the least.
And I have seen only the militant GL community frothing at the mouth about the rainbow cookies, but then again I do not seek my news through the MSM.
Point taken. You're right. I do NOT know how you have voted or what you fight for. I apologize for speculating on things I cannot know to a certainty.

I can only cite all your posts here which have been solidly anti-gay. If you like I will assemble one post with a selection of your anti-gay comments.

So, if you HAVE seen the gay community "frothing at the mouth about the rainbow cookies", CITE YOUR SOURCE!! PROVE IT! If you have evidence then it should be easy for you to post it and share it for all of us here to read.

Eric

“Choose wisely!”

Los Angeles

#302 Oct 7, 2010
Jitney wrote:
<quoted text>
Write me here. Send me a message and I'll put you and I and Judy on a conference call. Yeah, I know her. Interestingly enough, she has never felt or even remotely suggested that Matt's death was exploited by the LGBT community. Not once. Not against the Church or anyone else.

So yeah, send me a message and I'll get Judy on the line.

Eric

United States

#303 Oct 8, 2010
Coy91 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a reputable source to back up that statement? I'm going to guess that it comes from one of these groups.
- NARTH
- Family Research Council
- National Organization for Marriage
Those are hate groups and we don't care what they say.
I'm sure Matthew Shepherd's mother would kick your **** for saying that too. We didn't exploit anything. Matthew was tied to a fence and left for dead. That is the opposition's fault and not ours.
By the way, she is a very active member of the LGBT community these days.
The gay community is my reputable source, my friend. Matthew Shepard's mother would do no such thing. How dare you imply that she is a violent woman. The gay community and their supporters were quick to blame the church because of their views opposing homosexual behavior, instead of the perps who actually caused his untimely death.

“You'll love me!”

I promise.

#304 Oct 8, 2010
Jitney wrote:
<quoted text>
The gay community is my reputable source, my friend. Matthew Shepard's mother would do no such thing. How dare you imply that she is a violent woman. The gay community and their supporters were quick to blame the church because of their views opposing homosexual behavior, instead of the perps who actually caused his untimely death.
So, you really don't have a source at all to back up that statement. I see.

The Church IS to blame. When you have people like Bishop Eddie Long and Ted Haggard who are citing Leviticus and saying that gay people deserve DEATH, how are they not to blame? They didn't pistol whip Matthew and they didn't tie him to the fence but their words and actions condoned it. They were there in spirit because their attitudes created a hostile environment. Their words condone and encourage violence.

Ted Haggard is almost directly responsible for the "Kill the Gays" bill in Uganda. The lawmaker who sponsored the bill said that he looked to Ted Haggard for inspiration. If any Ugandans are killed for being gay the evangelical ministers in this country played a part in their deaths. Ted Haggard didn't even condemn the bill.

We can look at the recent teen suicides and see that they are still killing our kids. An 11 year old doesn't know that religion is bogus. The hateful pastors and priests in this country who say all gays go to hell traumatize the younger people who are just beginning to come to grips with their sexuality. This leads them to depression. Bullying, which is condoned by people in the opposition compounds the issue. This notion that gay people should be ashamed is killing kids. We all know of trickle-down economics, hatred works in the same way. This is trickle-down hatred.

Asher Brown came out as gay to his father the morning of his suicide. Then he went into his father's closet and blew his head off with a 9mm berretta. The opposition is responsible for his death.

United States

#305 Oct 8, 2010
gemelk wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You think that gays "do not have a long-standing widespread documented history of discrimination or oppression in this country."
I dare you to back that up. Dare you to prove that statement to be true. Cite your sources. Prove that there has not a long-standing widespread history of discrimination or oppression in this country against gays.
Prove that gays were not rounded up and arrested simply for holding hands. Prove that gays (and lesbians) were not routinely denied the right to work in Government, with specific notice to the CIA, the FBI, the US Army, the US Navy, the US Marines and the US Air Force. Prove that there was not discrimination against gays in teaching. Prove that there has not been sufficient harrassment and discrimination against homosexuals that has caused far to many, even in 2010, to commit suicide because of fear of being 'outed'.
Prove even one of those statements and do it with verifiable references and citations. I dare you.
Try as you and others like you have to hurt us, embarass us, humiliate us, deny us jobs, exclude us from employment, deny us our love and right to marry, our right to life, as much as you have hurt us, maimed us and even murdered us, all your efforts mean NOTHING, because we are still here and stronger than ever.
So prove even 1 statement. I dare you.
Eric
Again, I post with supreme confidence that gays do not possess a long-standing widespread documented history of discrimination or oppression in this country. You are willing to say, my friend, that ALL gays and lesbians have been denied government employment, enlistment in the military and have been arrested for holding hands in every state since the creation of this great nation - wow what an accusation. Gays are not victims my friend. Now let me address these suicides. Bullies are being blamed, which is outrageous when the possibility of a bullying gene may very well exist. Either that or it is the size of their brains or the ridges of their index finger. These so-called bullies are just reacting to those claiming to be homosexual, which is clearly supported by the 14th Amendment. It is what the framers intended.

United States

#306 Oct 8, 2010
gemelk wrote:
<quoted text>
Write me here. Send me a message and I'll put you and I and Judy on a conference call. Yeah, I know her. Interestingly enough, she has never felt or even remotely suggested that Matt's death was exploited by the LGBT community. Not once. Not against the Church or anyone else.
So yeah, send me a message and I'll get Judy on the line.
Eric
Judy is it? The gay community seized the opportunity to label all dissent from the church as "hate speech".

United States

#307 Oct 8, 2010
Coy91 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you really don't have a source at all to back up that statement. I see.
The Church IS to blame. When you have people like Bishop Eddie Long and Ted Haggard who are citing Leviticus and saying that gay people deserve DEATH, how are they not to blame? They didn't pistol whip Matthew and they didn't tie him to the fence but their words and actions condoned it. They were there in spirit because their attitudes created a hostile environment. Their words condone and encourage violence.
Ted Haggard is almost directly responsible for the "Kill the Gays" bill in Uganda. The lawmaker who sponsored the bill said that he looked to Ted Haggard for inspiration. If any Ugandans are killed for being gay the evangelical ministers in this country played a part in their deaths. Ted Haggard didn't even condemn the bill.
We can look at the recent teen suicides and see that they are still killing our kids. An 11 year old doesn't know that religion is bogus. The hateful pastors and priests in this country who say all gays go to hell traumatize the younger people who are just beginning to come to grips with their sexuality. This leads them to depression. Bullying, which is condoned by people in the opposition compounds the issue. This notion that gay people should be ashamed is killing kids. We all know of trickle-down economics, hatred works in the same way. This is trickle-down hatred.
Asher Brown came out as gay to his father the morning of his suicide. Then he went into his father's closet and blew his head off with a 9mm berretta. The opposition is responsible for his death.
You don't think the gay community is a reputable source my friend? Those who oppose homosexual behavior cannot be held responsible for these suicides. Gays are not victims.

“You'll love me!”

I promise.

#308 Oct 8, 2010
Jitney wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think the gay community is a reputable source my friend? Those who oppose homosexual behavior cannot be held responsible for these suicides. Gays are not victims.
Where are these numbers and this data compiled?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2014 NFL Cowboys Talk 39 min Petro 82
Free gift cards 2 hr huey goins 6
DWI laws and enforcement: is enough being done? 5 hr L Morales 23
El Paso Border Patrol officials taking addition... 7 hr L Morales 3
Why I vote democrat? 15 hr Petro 2
Abundant Living Faith Center Christmas Celebrat... Fri UR BS 11
El Paso's Clean Air Ordinance in effect startin... Fri UR BS 9
El Paso Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web