Montana GOP policy: Make homosexuality illegal

At a time when gays have been gaining victories across the country, the Republican Party in Montana still wants to make homosexuality illegal. Full Story
Wondering

Maple Plain, MN

#244 Sep 29, 2010
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
They "threaten the Constitution" when they disagree with you. If the verdict had gone the other way, you would have praising this SAME JUDGE for his wisdom.
So in the acronym GLBT, the G stands for the guys and the L stands for the women. Right? And yet you go with Gay Mom.
Brighton John

London, UK

#245 Sep 30, 2010
Jitney wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of Americans agree with your post. We have tolerated enough.
The majority of Americans has had sex to orgasm with the same sex, so your statement is pure wishful thinking on your own self-hating part.
Here's the lowdown:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale
Scientific surveys by Masters and Johnson, Shere Hite, Kinsey, and one by a NY Chief of Police in the 1950s all show the same thing.
So does my 78 years of experience on this planet.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#246 Sep 30, 2010
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>So in the acronym GLBT, the G stands for the guys and the L stands for the women. Right? And yet you go with Gay Mom.
Gay is also used as generic term for homosexual.
Brighton John

London, UK

#247 Sep 30, 2010
Steve wrote:
Anal sex illegal,but God gives the right to chose.We are free to do as we chose.
Anal sex is the most frequent form of heterosexual activity worldwide, as a form of birth control where there isn't a drugstore on the next corner - and even where there is, in the heat of the moment.
trolls

Farmington, MN

#248 Sep 30, 2010
gemelk wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is good actually. The Jewish High Holidays are nearly at an end and they were good. I was honored by my Temple on Yom Kippur, which was quite nice. I started a new job which I like very much. I've lost 18 pounds and am working on 5-10 more (and even now people are saying I look skinny, but that's okay).
These topics though, come and go and some, resurrect. Things are much better for LGBT people, but those that are opposed to us, our equality and even our existence, are as we have seen, getting even MORE extreme. This means our work must continue. They will make things even harder for us. They are losing and they know it but like a cornered animal, they will fight even harder.
I for one, am not going away and I will never be silent, until that day when we all are equals under the law. Even then, I'll continue to work to help people understand LGBT people, better.
Eric
Good to hear. Whats your weight loss secret!?!? I don't always agree with you, but absolutely respect the way you conduct yourself on these threads. I haven't heard much on the Prop 8 issue, what's the latest?

“Choose wisely!”

Since: Jul 07

Los Angeles

#249 Oct 1, 2010
Jitney wrote:
<quoted text>
True but having a desire for the same sex does not afford you any rights my friend.
The same is also true for a desire for the opposite gender. It must be so or equality and due process of law for all citizens is meaningless, in the absence of just cause.

Eric

“Choose wisely!”

Los Angeles

#250 Oct 1, 2010
trolls wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to hear. Whats your weight loss secret!?!? I don't always agree with you, but absolutely respect the way you conduct yourself on these threads. I haven't heard much on the Prop 8 issue, what's the latest?
The weight loss secret is no secret. I am simply cooking more, using less processed food product (not to be confused with real food, read "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan; Eat Food. Less of it. Mostly leaves.), smaller portions (did you know that dinner plate size increased between 1970 and now by 50% area?!), no fast food ever and a bit more exercise.

Thank you for the respect. I don't do nearly as well as I like and tend to use sarcasm a bit more than I think I should, but then I hold myself to a high standard, because it is who I strive to be.

As to Prop 8, it is with the 9th Circuit who is not likely to hear this until December or January at the earliest. Papers are being filed but they are a rehash of the arguments that Judge Walker found ... wanting. On this and with the Federal District Court ruling on DADTDP - we wait patiently and find more law to support our cause that both are not constitutional.

Eric

“Celebrate Liberty and Freedom”

Since: Sep 09

Mpls

#251 Oct 1, 2010
gemelk wrote:
<quoted text>
The same is also true for a desire for the opposite gender. It must be so or equality and due process of law for all citizens is meaningless, in the absence of just cause.
Eric
Garbage if you want equal protection its granted to you for playin by the rules. ACLU has tried your argument and failed.
More

Saint Paul, MN

#252 Oct 1, 2010
In my opinion it is just more lies from a supporter of the biggest LIARS of all time. The current leaders of the Democratic Party make the Nixon Whitehouse look like Honest Abe, they are feeling everything slip away and no lie is too big or small to tell to the American people. I have to hope most of us are smart enough to vote them out.
Remember November. Vote ALL Democrats out!

“Choose wisely!”

Los Angeles

#253 Oct 2, 2010
Tank Murdoch wrote:
<quoted text>Garbage if you want equal protection its granted to you for playin by the rules. ACLU has tried your argument and failed.
How easy to say "play by the rules", when you make them. If your rules are to be just and fair, then you must honor them to all, or they have no meaning.

In 41 years, we have come farther than you ever thought and farther than we dared to dream. Our success, is inevitable, because it is tied to justice and equality.

Eric

“Choose wisely!”

Los Angeles

#254 Oct 2, 2010
More wrote:
In my opinion it is just more lies from a supporter of the biggest LIARS of all time. The current leaders of the Democratic Party make the Nixon Whitehouse look like Honest Abe, they are feeling everything slip away and no lie is too big or small to tell to the American people. I have to hope most of us are smart enough to vote them out.
Remember November. Vote ALL Democrats out!
If your cause is so right, so just, so good, then you would not have to work so hard to convince others of it.

Eric

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#255 Oct 2, 2010
gemelk wrote:
<quoted text>
If your cause is so right, so just, so good, then you would not have to work so hard to convince others of it.
Eric
You mean like causing a huge stink because a baker doesn't want to make rainbow cookies. Talk about trying so hard!!!

“Choose wisely!”

Los Angeles

#256 Oct 2, 2010
Phrank wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like causing a huge stink because a baker doesn't want to make rainbow cookies. Talk about trying so hard!!!
You must not have read the article, or at least thoroughly. The bigger hue and cry was by the extreme Right NOT by the LGBT community. In fact, the LGBT community did NOT raise all that much fuss. In fact, it was the extreme Right that made the fuss and has done all it can to continue fanning the flames of division.

Huge stink? Look in the mirror and you'll see the source.

Eric

“Choose wisely!”

Los Angeles

#257 Oct 2, 2010
Phrank wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and your reply to me, is a very poor and transparent attempt to avoid actually dealing with the issue at hand. Deflection, avoidance, evasion, these tactics are ill suited to you.

Eric
Livin Woodbury

Saint Paul, MN

#258 Oct 2, 2010
A great percentage of homosexuals are child molesters. Check out the lesbians and gays web sites as proof..
Livin Woodbury

Saint Paul, MN

#259 Oct 2, 2010
gemelk wrote:
<quoted text>
How easy to say "play by the rules", when you make them. If your rules are to be just and fair, then you must honor them to all, or they have no meaning.
In 41 years, we have come farther than you ever thought and farther than we dared to dream. Our success, is inevitable, because it is tied to justice and equality.
Eric
Deviant behavior as is homosexuality does not deserve equality with moral people
mistaken

Lumberton, NC

#260 Oct 2, 2010
Livin Woodbury wrote:
A great percentage of homosexuals are child molesters. Check out the lesbians and gays web sites as proof..
dont you mean the catholic churchs website?

all that freaky touching is really wierding me out.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#261 Oct 2, 2010
gemelk wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and your reply to me, is a very poor and transparent attempt to avoid actually dealing with the issue at hand. Deflection, avoidance, evasion, these tactics are ill suited to you.
Eric
Actually I was succinct and clearly on point. Your post however was ""a very poor and transparent attempt to avoid actually dealing with the issue at hand. Deflection, avoidance, evasion"" included.

Amazing how that works eh?

“Choose wisely!”

Los Angeles

#262 Oct 2, 2010
Livin Woodbury wrote:
<quoted text>Deviant behavior as is homosexuality does not deserve equality with moral people
That is opinion and unsupported by fact or by law.

YOU think it to be "deviant", that is your view and you are entitled to it.

There are things like facts and law however, that with respect, disagree.

There is nothing you can present that does not make me equal to you, other than your opinion. Should you desire to compare our lives and how we treat others, to present fact and evidence and law, then let us do so. I am your equal in that you and I, are both human, let us start from there.

Eric

“Choose wisely!”

Los Angeles

#263 Oct 2, 2010
Phrank wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I was succinct and clearly on point. Your post however was ""a very poor and transparent attempt to avoid actually dealing with the issue at hand. Deflection, avoidance, evasion"" included.
Amazing how that works eh?
You still are not dealing with the subject. Amazing how that works, or in your reply, does not, still.

Eric

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Land commissioner race pits former El Paso Mayo... 1 hr L Morales 2
DONT PLAY TEXAS LOTTERY_ITs Rig (Dec '11) 3 hr Smidge53 40
Hookers in El Paso (Aug '12) 4 hr 79nmjnm 104
Officials say El Paso is ready for Ebola, local... 4 hr Knowing better 3
Blessing planned for headstone of fetus found i... 7 hr L Morales 8
Drive ins ? do they still exist in elpaso? 7 hr Rhonda Wheeler 2
America speaks 8 hr Jim Sadler 8
El Paso Dating
Find my Match

El Paso Jobs