New Post on Theresa Caballero's blog

New Post on Theresa Caballero's blog

Posted in the El Paso Forum

Since: Mar 08

El Paso, TX

#1 Aug 13, 2008
If you are downtown today at 1:00 p.m. there will be a hearing on the expunging of the arrest record of Alberto Ocegueda, the brother of District Attorney, Jaime Esparza's personal secretary. Stuart Leeds is fighting to keep the record of the arrest intact. This was a charge and arrest of Ocegueda for child molestation. Jaime Esparza refused to prosecute as he did in the recent case of EPPD Officer Amato when he said he had sex with the 14 year old girl, but didn't know she was a minor. What an astute cop he must have been. Jaime Esparza has shown a pattern of failing to prosecute connected sexual predators, while victimizing their victims all over again. This must stop. Mr. Leeds and Ms. Caballero are the good guys fighting for all of us and would appreciate any and all support in their fight for justice. 1:00 p.m., 346th court, County Courthouse.
eddie

United States

#2 Oct 10, 2008
Now she is suing a TV reporter and KVIA. How many media people has she sued or ranted about?
Nancy Hollebeke Sr

El Paso, TX

#3 Oct 10, 2008
eddie wrote:
Now she is suing a TV reporter and KVIA. How many media people has she sued or ranted about?
If Ashlie Hardway and KVIA had not knowingly slandered Theresa and biased voters against her, she may very well have been our new District Attorney. If KVIA and Ashlie Hardway can justify their actions they have nothing to worry about. When the media decides to become a voice for the powerful, even at their own peril, then they should be willing to suffer the consequences. Perhaps Jaime Esparza will contribute to their legal defense fund.
shmoe

United States

#4 Oct 12, 2008
Where is this news? I don't see it on any of the local news webs sites.
martin

United States

#5 Oct 12, 2008
Details and links, please.
link

United States

#6 Mar 12, 2009
Richard

El Paso, TX

#7 Feb 2, 2010
I agree with Nancy but I shmoe and martin also make valid statements. Personally I was hoping that the corruption and unethical behaviour that ran rampent in past administrations and that made a lot of those associated with them rich at the expense of the taxpayers was behind us. But obviously that's not true. The shannanigans continue to plague El Paso. Nepotism, cronysm, greed. I wonder if this city is cursed. On the bright side not everyone is in love with power and money and there are some good people who are trying to make a difference. Ms. Caballero fights for her convictions and admits when she is wrong. That's more than the majority of current people in office can say.
SANZ

United States

#8 Dec 16, 2011
Ihope Theresa caballero can train more attorneys to do what she and stewart are doing we need at least 50 more attoerneys like them. may God abundantly bless them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Downtown brewery taps into El Paso's past 25 min DC Dave 7
black scene (Jun '13) 3 hr DC Dave 5
News Muench: El Paso's not a bike-riding town 4 hr DC Dave 3
News Mexican Revolution hero lynched by posse 100 ye... 5 hr DC Dave 11
Web Browser Yahoo and El Paso Times both have i... 7 hr huey goins 5
News Transgender clinic opens 14 hr DC Dave 43
Is El Paso Now Officially A Suburb of Juarez 22 hr DC Dave 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Paso Mortgages