Posted in the El Paso Forum

First Prev
of 76
Next Last
None_of_your_bus iness

Los Lunas, NM

#1 Jan 21, 2008
El Paso truly is the "armpit" of Texas.
I am ashamed to be from El Paso. It harbors some of the laziest and most unmotivated people on the face of the earth.
Everyone in El Paso is all talk.
The only people in El Paso that are worth anything are "imports," people that came to El Paso to establish businesses because they knew they could get cheap labor; people that would work for minimum wage for 20 years and never even THINK to look for another job.
El Paso has ONE strong point: Chico's Tacos. How sad.
If the US Army ever decided to "move shop" somewhere else, El Paso would truly become the decaying wasteland that it already appears to be. I can only imagine what people driving through from Dallas to California must think of it when they pass through!
A putrid dustbowl of a town.
And that's what El Paso is: a big STINKPILE with a city limit sign.
I feel sorry for news reporters fresh out of college that are relegated to getting their first job at one of the local TV stations. They must count the days in their contracts and constantly keep in touch with their agents to find them a better gig elsewhere so they can get the hell out of El Puto at the very first opportunity.
Students that come here from afar pack up and split just as soon as their fists are wrapped around their diplomas.
El Paso is an embarrasment, and I am sure if Austin had it's way, it would love to just cut Texas right off the corner of the map.
I don't blame them. El Paso sucks.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
None_of_your_bus iness

Los Lunas, NM

#2 Jan 21, 2008
P.S. I am actually from Clint but I guess that is considered part of El Paso.

Drive 40 miles north to Las Cruces and visit NMSU. Listen and hear how lowly everyone speaks of El Paso.

It's not just me!

Since: Jan 08

currently DC metro area

#4 Jan 21, 2008
None_of_your_business wrote:
I am ashamed to be from El Paso. It harbors some of the laziest and most unmotivated people on the face of the earth.
The only people in El Paso that are worth anything are "imports," people that came to El Paso to establish businesses because they knew they could get cheap labor; people that would work for minimum wage for 20 years and never even THINK to look for another job.
If the US Army ever decided to "move shop" somewhere else, El Paso would truly become the decaying wasteland that it already appears to be. I can only imagine what people driving through from Dallas to California must think of it when they pass through!
I feel sorry for news reporters fresh out of college that are relegated to getting their first job at one of the local TV stations. They must count the days in their contracts and constantly keep in touch with their agents to find them a better gig elsewhere so they can get the hell out of El Puto at the very first opportunity.
Students that come here from afar pack up and split just as soon as their fists are wrapped around their diplomas.
El Paso is an embarrasment, and I am sure if Austin had it's way, it would love to just cut Texas right off the corner of the map.
Glad you moved and became a productive citizen. Keep in mind that if you ever make something of yourself and become lets say 'FAMOUS' I'm tracking you down and making you say that you are from ELP.

I'll be honest, I don't like ELP, but not because of the way it is, but because of how the politians and big business run ELP. Clean that house, start new and create a better life for people.

Also don't worry about what other people say about your home ELP, thats their bag.

“El Paso-A Fine Place”

Since: Apr 07

El Paso, Texas

#5 Jan 21, 2008
P.S. I am actually from Clint but I guess that is considered part of El Paso.
Drive 40 miles north to Las Cruces and visit NMSU. Listen and hear how lowly everyone speaks of El Paso.
It's not just me!
The last thing I would listen to are the people in Las Cruces; provencial in their thinking and not much class.... too bad you did not take the time to study El Paso before you started publishing such hateful remarks and realize we are a far better city than Las Cruces could ever think and NMSU?

NMSU is a good school but UTEP is gaining credence as a regional university and will become a Tier 1 school within the UT System. You are off base on most of your comments about El Paso but one point I want to make; Ft. Bliss has the largest military reservation in then world which is why the Pentagon will make this installation as one of their premier bases.

Look at my blog El Paso:Smart Growth Coming-Boom Times. El Paso is a far better city than LC will ever be and El Paso's future is brighter too.

Sorry you are having to go to a school and area that feels that way. I remember LC 20 yeras ago; it was not a very nice place. Today they have spurced it up and captured some retirement folks but without NMSU, El Paso and WSMR it would not be much other than a farming community with a big head.
safira

United States

#6 Jan 21, 2008
That was a little harsh; EP's not "that" bad. It is my hometown and some of my dearest friends still live there however I personally would not want to live there anymore. There are things that interest me that EP just does not have. And that is why those of us who like EP chose to live there and those who don't should leave, like I did.

“elp!”

Since: Dec 07

El Paso

#7 Jan 21, 2008
keep up with that negative approach to things and your going to become more of a lowlife than you already are. If you think Chico's Tacos is all we have to offer-thats pathetic. Though thats probably because your stubborn ass was determined to hate everything about El Paso down to the people. Get a life.
None_of_your_bus iness

Los Lunas, NM

#8 Jan 21, 2008
Wrong.
I call facts like I see them. When I went to school in Arlington for 2 years right out of high school, I immediately noticed a world of difference.
People there were friendly. Those that knew of El Paso called it a town of "half-ass losers."
And you know..........they're right.
As for Chico's.......I like tacos as much as anyone, but it isn't enough to keep me in that stinkpile.
I hate all the damn J's that cross the border daily, flooding the city's stores with their bratty kids that they tell to "run off and play" as soon as they arrive.
Try going to a movie in El Paso....you'll see inconsideration and disrespect.....and not a moment's peace.
UTEP? UTEP is still a joke, filled with all the people that couldn't get into a better college are afraid to venture out of El Paso. Those that come from elsewhere......didn't do enough research on El Paso itself.
People here at NMSU b_tch when they have to go to El Paso: "Oh man, I have to go to f_ckin El Puto tomorrow! I hate El Paso!"
And you know..........I agree.
I'll be glad when my parents retire to Phoenix.....then nothing will call me back to the wicked city of El Paso.
What a sorry excuse for a town.

“elp!”

El Paso

#10 Jan 21, 2008
Wrong.
I call facts like I see them. When I went to school in Arlington for 2 years right out of high school, I immediately noticed a world of difference.
People there were friendly. Those that knew of El Paso called it a town of "half-ass losers."
As for Chico's.......I like tacos as much as anyone, but it isn't enough to keep me in that stinkpile.
I hate all the damn J's that cross the border daily, flooding the city's stores with their bratty kids that they tell to "run off and play" as soon as they arrive.
Try going to a movie in El Paso....you'll see inconsideration and disrespect.....and not a moment's peace.
UTEP? UTEP is still a joke, filled with all the people that couldn't get into a better college are afraid to venture out of El Paso. Those that come from elsewhere......didn't do enough research on El Paso itself.
People here at NMSU b_tch when they have to go to El Paso: "Oh man, I have to go to f_ckin El Puto tomorrow! I hate El Paso!"
I'll be glad when my parents retire to Phoenix.....then nothing will call me back to the wicked city of El Paso.
Oh my god, how ignorant. UTEP is the nation's top engineering school. Do your homework before you go and say Utep sucks. Here are my facts: http://ia.utep.edu/Default.aspx ? tabid=32176

And NMSU people hate UTEP because its there rival school. If you lived here for a decent time you would know that, but you don't you just listen to what people hear and don't know why they say it. And about Arlington, wtf cares? Do you think we care that a bunch of East-Texans think our city is ghetto because of the high Hispanic population? Most of them probably haven't even been here, or probably just passed by and didn't see the real deal.

And the Juarenses? They contribute a lot to our economy and is why we are called "sister:cities". I actually find that comment rascist. The braty Mexican kids? Thats called tourism "menso" they bring there money and their families and spend a bunch, trust me.

El Paso isn't the prettiest city in the U.S, and needs improvements, but we are getting there, everything takes time. With the Ascarate Park redevelopment plan, the EP downtown plan, and BRAC bringing 30,000 soldiers and their families, you would think we were getting somewhere. We are. Get over it.

currently DC metro area

#11 Jan 21, 2008
Wrong.
You are not saying much about NMSU. But let me get this straight. You moved out of ELP to another school district and the best you could do is go to NMSU?
Yeah right

AOL

#12 Jan 21, 2008
Las Cruces sucks man does that pit hole suck. When I drive through the city it gives me gas and I fart up a storm.
MattMan

Atlanta, GA

#13 Jan 22, 2008
elpasotxrox98 wrote:
<quoted text> Oh my god, how ignorant. UTEP is the nation's top engineering school. Do your homework before you go and say Utep sucks. Here are my facts: http://ia.utep.edu/Default.aspx ? tabid=32176
I don't know where you get your info, but UTEP didn't make the top 50:
Best Universities
Top Engineering Colleges
Ranking by graduateshotline.com 2006
S.No University/College
1 Massachusetts Inst of Technology
2 Stanford University
3 University of California-Berkeley
4 California Institute Technology
5 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
6 Georgia Institute of Technology
7 University of Michigan
8 Cornell University
9 Carnegie Mellon University
10 University of Texas at Austin
11 Purdue University
12 University of California- San Diego
13 University of California- Los Angeles
14 Texas A&M University
15 Princeton University
16 Pennsylvania State University
17 University of Wisconsin-Madison
18 University of Maryland College Park
19 Harvard University
20 University of California-Santa Barbara
21 University of Southern California
22 University of Minnesota
23 Northwestern University
24 Johns Hopkins University
25 Virginia Polytech Inst & State University
26 Ohio State University
27 University of Virginia
28 Columbia University (FU)
29 University of Pennsylvania
30 Duke University
31 Rensselaer Polytechnic Inst
32 North Carolina State University
33 Rice University
34 University of Washington
35 University of Florida
36 University of California-Davis
37 Washington University -St. Louis
38 Yale University
39 University of Massachusetts at Amherst
40 Michigan State University
41 Iowa State University
42 University of Arizona
43 University of California-Irvine
44 University of Colorado-Boulder
45 Case Western Reserve University
46 Rutgers State University-New Brunswick
47 University of Notre Dame
48 Lehigh university
49 Northeastern University
50 University of Rochester
51 University of Delaware
52 University of Iowa
53 Brown University
54 Arizona State University
55 Drexel University

currently DC metro area

#14 Jan 22, 2008
MattMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where you get your info, but UTEP didn't make the top 50:
Best Universities
Top Engineering Colleges
Ranking by graduateshotline.com 2006
S.No University/College
1 Massachusetts Inst of Technology
2 Stanford University
3 University of California-Berkeley
4 California Institute Technology
5 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
6 Georgia Institute of Technology
7 University of Michigan
8 Cornell University
9 Carnegie Mellon University
10 University of Texas at Austin
11 Purdue University
12 University of California- San Diego
13 University of California- Los Angeles
14 Texas A&M University
15 Princeton University
16 Pennsylvania State University
17 University of Wisconsin-Madison
18 University of Maryland College Park
19 Harvard University
20 University of California-Santa Barbara
21 University of Southern California
22 University of Minnesota
23 Northwestern University
24 Johns Hopkins University
25 Virginia Polytech Inst & State University
26 Ohio State University
27 University of Virginia
28 Columbia University (FU)
29 University of Pennsylvania
30 Duke University
31 Rensselaer Polytechnic Inst
32 North Carolina State University
33 Rice University
34 University of Washington
35 University of Florida
36 University of California-Davis
37 Washington University -St. Louis
38 Yale University
39 University of Massachusetts at Amherst
40 Michigan State University
41 Iowa State University
42 University of Arizona
43 University of California-Irvine
44 University of Colorado-Boulder
45 Case Western Reserve University
46 Rutgers State University-New Brunswick
47 University of Notre Dame
48 Lehigh university
49 Northeastern University
50 University of Rochester
51 University of Delaware
52 University of Iowa
53 Brown University
54 Arizona State University
55 Drexel University
You two need to quit F$%KING around. Go back and read the website you posted. It clearly states that UTEP is the number one Engineering school, as voted by some magazine. Of course it says "number 1 engineering school for hispanics"

To the other one, get off your high horse. You are on a website in which anyone can post their thoughts. Whether you agree with them or not is a moot point.

I have never personally thought much of either UTEP-ELPASO OR NMSU-LC. They could be good schools for hispanics, but they are not good enough for my 2 hispanic children. I will send the elsewhere for uni.

“elp!”

El Paso

#15 Jan 22, 2008
http://www.hispanicbusiness.com//news/newsbyi... Let me rephase that, it is the best for minorites such as Hispanics. Actually mainly Hispanics due to the high Latino population here.
american

United States

#16 Jan 23, 2008
UTEP is one of the best Engineering schools in the Nation I don't where you got your information...El Paso is one of the safest cities in the nation #2 ...Las Cruces is nothing but a gang infested city and NMSU is not very safe place to go to school women aren't ver safe...not to mention Las Cruces likes to beat and kill their kids..you say that El Paso is messed up think again...Parents don't let your babies grow up to be AGGIES

“El Paso-A Fine Place”

El Paso, Texas

#17 Jan 25, 2008
american wrote:
UTEP is one of the best Engineering schools in the Nation I don't where you got your information...El Paso is one of the safest cities in the nation #2 ...Las Cruces is nothing but a gang infested city and NMSU is not very safe place to go to school women aren't ver safe...not to mention Las Cruces likes to beat and kill their kids..you say that El Paso is messed up think again...Parents don't let your babies grow up to be AGGIES
Well said American...!!

From a proud American, Texsan, & El Pasoan
Interstate10

AOL

#18 Jan 26, 2008
If you hate El Paso, take Interstate 10, East or West and don't stop.

currently DC metro area

#19 Jan 26, 2008
Interstate10 wrote:
If you hate El Paso, take Interstate 10, East or West and don't stop.
I recommend heading West, I would want you out of my states as quickly and painlessly as possible.

“elp!”

El Paso

#20 Jan 26, 2008
Soldier First wrote:
<quoted text>
I recommend heading West, I would want you out of my states as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Yes, go west and get the heck out of the state your not wanted here I-10.
jazzo

El Paso, TX

#21 Jan 27, 2008
Some one quoted about the polticians in this city of El Paso they are all done. Say bye to the good ol boys as big corporations are making their way into the city , oh and if you are in the home building business one of your local developers is making a plan to bring Lennar & D.R Horton in to build master planned communities , how do i know ? I work there !
Soldier First wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you moved and became a productive citizen. Keep in mind that if you ever make something of yourself and become lets say 'FAMOUS' I'm tracking you down and making you say that you are from ELP.
I'll be honest, I don't like ELP, but not because of the way it is, but because of how the politians and big business run ELP. Clean that house, start new and create a better life for people.
Also don't worry about what other people say about your home ELP, thats their bag.

“El Paso-A Fine Place”

El Paso, Texas

#22 Jan 28, 2008
none of your business........

your mouth is a stinky, hairy , armpit representative of some immature thinking and victim of your environment.. i feel sorry for you because you have become a product of NMSU and Las Cruces. some of the students from El paso who attend that school tell me they do not interact with much with the population. They go to class and return home. I know of two who will finish elsewhere, with one at UTEP.

Your failure to respond in a blog you started is also indicative of who you are... you have been ridiculed because of your comments and put in your place along with those who influenced you.. be gone....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 76
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 19 min Gasman 685
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 56 min fossilfarts 18,748
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) 58 min Gasman 377
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 1 hr Gasman 592
Flooding continues to plague Central El Paso, E... 3 hr cat2009 1
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 14 hr Fossilfartz 22,728
Two people wounded in Far East El Paso drive-by... 16 hr Veronica Escobar 3
El Paso Dating

more search filters

less search filters

El Paso Jobs

El Paso People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

El Paso News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in El Paso

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]