Murder is no accident: Police finally...

Murder is no accident: Police finally get it right.

Posted in the El Paso Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
JWRussell

El Paso, TX

#1 Jul 9, 2012
["EL PASO, Texas —
23-year-old woman dead and four more injured after a hit and run in the Lower Valley early Sunday morning.

"It is a murder, this is not an accident," said El Paso Police Public Information Officer, Javier Sambrano.

Police said a party took a deadly turn around one a.m. on Sunday morning. The host of the party called off the celebration and asked guests to leave after receiving complaints from neighbors.

"All I heard was ruckus, fighting, arguing, yelling," said neighbor Michael Perez.

Police said that's when 19-year-old, Miguel Tinoco a guest of the party got into his vehicle and aimed it at others leaving the party.

"He intentionally drove his vehicle towards a group of people standing towards the side of a street," said Sambrano.

"Everyone was screaming, there were people everywhere. I couldn't even tell what was going on until I saw her body," said one neighbor who asked not to be identified.

"It is a murder, this is not an accident, it was intentional," said Sambrano.

The tragedy leaves neighbors wondering how someone could chose to turn their car into a weapon. "I don't understand at all," said one neighbor.
The 19-year-old suspect fled the scene, police later arrested him.
Sambrano said the four other victims sustained serious injuries but are said to be in stable condition. "]

This time the police finally have it right. It was not an accident. It was a deliberate act against five people. Arraign him on one count of murder and four counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon (Motor Vehicle). There have been other instances where the police failed in their job simply because they failed to present the proper information to the district attorney's office. Or the district attorney's office has decided it is easier to prove accident causing death or injury. IF it goes that way then it is time for the district attorney who made the decision to be fired. It not that t6hen they need to make sure they indict the subject on all possible charges and leave it to the jury to decide the final charge when they convict him of Murder.
ProudMexicanDemo crat

El Paso, TX

#2 Jul 9, 2012
people should not play in the street. Does anybody know if Miguel Tinoco has a facebook where people can send well wishes.
Brianna

United States

#3 Jul 10, 2012
JWRussell wrote:
["EL PASO, Texas —
23-year-old woman dead and four more injured after a hit and run in the Lower Valley early Sunday morning.
"It is a murder, this is not an accident," said El Paso Police Public Information Officer, Javier Sambrano.
Police said a party took a deadly turn around one a.m. on Sunday morning. The host of the party called off the celebration and asked guests to leave after receiving complaints from neighbors.
"All I heard was ruckus, fighting, arguing, yelling," said neighbor Michael Perez.
Police said that's when 19-year-old, Miguel Tinoco a guest of the party got into his vehicle and aimed it at others leaving the party.
"He intentionally drove his vehicle towards a group of people standing towards the side of a street," said Sambrano.
"Everyone was screaming, there were people everywhere. I couldn't even tell what was going on until I saw her body," said one neighbor who asked not to be identified.
"It is a murder, this is not an accident, it was intentional," said Sambrano.
The tragedy leaves neighbors wondering how someone could chose to turn their car into a weapon. "I don't understand at all," said one neighbor.
The 19-year-old suspect fled the scene, police later arrested him.
Sambrano said the four other victims sustained serious injuries but are said to be in stable condition. "]
This time the police finally have it right. It was not an accident. It was a deliberate act against five people. Arraign him on one count of murder and four counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon (Motor Vehicle). There have been other instances where the police failed in their job simply because they failed to present the proper information to the district attorney's office. Or the district attorney's office has decided it is easier to prove accident causing death or injury. IF it goes that way then it is time for the district attorney who made the decision to be fired. It not that t6hen they need to make sure they indict the subject on all possible charges and leave it to the jury to decide the final charge when they convict him of Murder.
While this is a tragedy and my heart goes out to the victim, the driver in this case is not entirely to blame. He comes from a broken home and his father used to beat the tar out of him. He obtained a prescription for medical marijuana to deal with the stress and pain of his upbringing and some of his friends got into his stash and got loaded. That's what started the confrontation and when the boy tried to get away form the chaos, he ran over this poor girl. I hope they go easy on him and sentence him to probation so he can get on with his life.
James Russell USNR

El Paso, TX

#4 Jul 10, 2012
Brianna wrote:
<quoted text>
While this is a tragedy and my heart goes out to the victim, the driver in this case is not entirely to blame. He comes from a broken home and his father used to beat the tar out of him. He obtained a prescription for medical marijuana to deal with the stress and pain of his upbringing and some of his friends got into his stash and got loaded. That's what started the confrontation and when the boy tried to get away form the chaos, he ran over this poor girl. I hope they go easy on him and sentence him to probation so he can get on with his life.
So that give him the right to run over someone with his car? That is like saying just because he is Mexican he should be excused because the others were also Mexican? Guess you failed to see the route he took when he left the party, then made a U-Turn and ran back at those in the party. Read the affidavit that Channel 7 had about the case.
Brianna

United States

#5 Jul 10, 2012
James Russell USNR wrote:
<quoted text>So that give him the right to run over someone with his car? That is like saying just because he is Mexican he should be excused because the others were also Mexican? Guess you failed to see the route he took when he left the party, then made a U-Turn and ran back at those in the party. Read the affidavit that Channel 7 had about the case.
I don't need to read the affidavit - I spoke with someone who was there. You can't try to analyze the driving, either, because the grass was in control over him, not to mention the pain and suffering that lingers every day. I'm not saying what happened was good but you can't lock him up for something like this either.
Tolts

Plano, TX

#6 Jul 10, 2012
First of all medicinal marijuana is used for medical purposes, he shouldn't be telling his friends where he keeps his medicinal marijuana. If he is under so much stress and pain what is he doing out so late at night. Maybe his home situation would be different if he would try and make it different. I hope they give him the death penalty, or at least life in prison with no chance of parole. There was no reason for him to behave the way he did and flee the scene of the MURDER and the assault on the other victims he caused. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of the victims.
James Russell USNR

El Paso, TX

#7 Jul 10, 2012
Brianna wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to read the affidavit - I spoke with someone who was there. You can't try to analyze the driving, either, because the grass was in control over him, not to mention the pain and suffering that lingers every day. I'm not saying what happened was good but you can't lock him up for something like this either.
Yes you can lock him up all the days of his life cause he took another's life and damaged several others. He should not have had any marijuana on him. Medical marijuana is not recognized here in the STATE OF TEXAS young miss. He should spend no less than 15 years and no more than 25 years for each count.
virgo

Plano, TX

#8 Jul 10, 2012
He had a choice to make that night. He could have just left and he chose not too. So, he needs to pay the price. If he does not get punished for this now, he will in the end. God will be his judgement. Does he have any remorse at all for what he did? I did not know the suspect or the victims, but this was a thoughtless, careless act and may God have mercy on him.
James Russell USNR

El Paso, TX

#9 Jul 10, 2012
virgo wrote:
He had a choice to make that night. He could have just left and he chose not too. So, he needs to pay the price. If he does not get punished for this now, he will in the end. God will be his judgement. Does he have any remorse at all for what he did? I did not know the suspect or the victims, but this was a thoughtless, careless act and may God have mercy on him.
If you did not know anywon , then STFU and mind your business.

Since: Feb 12

United States

#10 Jul 10, 2012
Not to worry the courts here in El Paso will give him a pass.
My son-in-law was murdered by a guy in a hit and run. The guy was convicted of murder and he got 5 years. El Paso worries more about the criminal than the victim.
The murderer's name is Gabriel Aldaz
virgo

Plano, TX

#11 Jul 10, 2012
SMH...I don't know you either (James Russell), but seems like you may need ask for a little forgiveness. It is called HAVING A HEART!
Tolts

Plano, TX

#12 Jul 10, 2012
UR BS wrote:
My son-in-law was murdered by a guy in a hit and run. The guy was convicted of murder and he got 5 years. El Paso worries more about the criminal than the victim.
Sorry for your loss, but I sure hope he is having a miserable time in prison. I also hope the system has more common sense to put people that do these senseless acts away for longer periods of time.
Tolts

Plano, TX

#13 Jul 10, 2012
<quoted text>
I don't know what you got from the post, but what I am understanding is that this guy needs to be punished for what he intentionally did.
Brianna

United States

#14 Jul 10, 2012
UR BS wrote:
I smell a rat here. Are you just trying to stir things up? If your child is really dead, why aren't you making the funeral arrangements instead of poking around in here? I'd doubt he is really dead or you wouldn't be so cold and callous about human life.
kym

Plano, TX

#15 Jul 10, 2012
Brianna wrote:
<quoted text>
I smell a rat here. Are you just trying to stir things up? If your child is really dead, why aren't you making the funeral arrangements instead of poking around in here? I'd doubt he is really dead or you wouldn't be so cold and callous about human life.
Are you really that stupid?!!... they never said it happened recently so maybe they already made the funeral arrangements! Miguel drove his car into where Miriam and 4 others were standing killing her instantly and you defended him by saying he had a rough upbring and was probably under the influence of "grass" and you're calling some one who wants justice "cold and callous about human life." The only cold and callous person here is Miguel Tinoco, thanks to him a child will have to be raised without a mother, a husband live without his wife and the rest of her friends and family will have to learn to live without Miriam!!! I really hope Miguel spends the rest of life in prison!!!
James Russell USNR

El Paso, TX

#16 Jul 10, 2012
<quoted text>
Thief lair and coward. May your progeny all develop a deadly form of fratricide.
James Russell USNR

El Paso, TX

#17 Jul 10, 2012
Brianna wrote:
<quoted text>
Really. Read the words again. "My son was Killed". The GUY got five years". Damn you are blind to the truth.
Brenda

United States

#18 Jul 10, 2012
kym wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really that stupid?!!... they never said it happened recently so maybe they already made the funeral arrangements! Miguel drove his car into where Miriam and 4 others were standing killing her instantly and you defended him by saying he had a rough upbring and was probably under the influence of "grass" and you're calling some one who wants justice "cold and callous about human life." The only cold and callous person here is Miguel Tinoco, thanks to him a child will have to be raised without a mother, a husband live without his wife and the rest of her friends and family will have to learn to live without Miriam!!! I really hope Miguel spends the rest of life in prison!!!
I didn't know she left behind a husband. Do you know if he has any girlfriends on the side or is he single now? I would be a damn good mother to that boy and we would toast her memory every night. I'll bet he's got some insurance money coming, not to mention and civil suit against the driver.

Since: Feb 12

El Paso, TX

#19 Jul 10, 2012
Brianna wrote:
<quoted text>
Forst off read what was written if you are capable. I said my SON_IN_LAW not my son. He was murdered a while ago. The POS that murdered him got the trial delayed for 2 1/2 years first. Then he set up a sob story about how he got religion in the interim.
He drove his truck over 30 feet off the road to run my son-in-law down and then ran. He got 5 years and will be getting out this year. Luckily they made him serve the entire term with no parole.
My cold and callous attitude is born of experience. When the worthless POS jury has such little regard for a young man's life that give the murderer 5 years then you tend to get a little bit disgusted with the entire process.
This guy that is the subject of this thread is the one that is cold and callpous because he deliberately ran down people and killed them. He should get the same. Forget the sob stories about he had a rough childhood, or he is soo sorry, or he was on medical MJ. It is all a load of BS. The end rsult is that there is a person dead because of him and he needs to pay.
If you don't like that then I hope you get to feel how it is to have a member of your family murdered by a POS. I think your attitude will do a drastic turn around.
James Russell USNR

El Paso, TX

#20 Jul 10, 2012
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Forst off read what was written if you are capable. I said my SON_IN_LAW not my son. He was murdered a while ago. The POS that murdered him got the trial delayed for 2 1/2 years first. Then he set up a sob story about how he got religion in the interim.
He drove his truck over 30 feet off the road to run my son-in-law down and then ran. He got 5 years and will be getting out this year. Luckily they made him serve the entire term with no parole.
My cold and callous attitude is born of experience. When the worthless POS jury has such little regard for a young man's life that give the murderer 5 years then you tend to get a little bit disgusted with the entire process.
This guy that is the subject of this thread is the one that is cold and callpous because he deliberately ran down people and killed them. He should get the same. Forget the sob stories about he had a rough childhood, or he is soo sorry, or he was on medical MJ. It is all a load of BS. The end rsult is that there is a person dead because of him and he needs to pay.
If you don't like that then I hope you get to feel how it is to have a member of your family murdered by a POS. I think your attitude will do a drastic turn around.
Was your son even documented?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 3 hr Truth is might 23,484
News El Paso Naturally Texas' westernmost city thriv... 5 hr Upstart blogger 3
Dallas Premium Draft Player Accused of Assault 6 hr Nottacowpoopfan 1
Estela Casas' son featured on KVIA (Nov '12) 9 hr noob 36
The Albatross Around Trump's Neck 10 hr Independent 1
Deport Melania Trump Now 15 hr huey goins 16
Trump trump 16 hr Let Us Debate 4

El Paso Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Paso Mortgages