Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Dec 2, 2012
AREU4REAL

El Paso, TX

#1 Nov 30, 2012
["USS Enterprise (CVN-65), formerly CVA(N)-65, is the world's first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier and the eighth United States naval vessel to bear the name. Like her predecessor of World War II fame, she is nicknamed the "Big E". At 1,123 ft (342 m),[3][4] she is the longest naval vessel in the world. Her 93,284 long tons (94,781 t)[2] displacement ranks her as the 11th-heaviest supercarrier, after the 10 carriers of the Nimitz class. Enterprise has a crew of some 4,600 people.[7]

The only ship of her class, Enterprise is the second oldest commissioned vessel in the United States Navy, after the wooden-hulled, three-masted frigate USS Constitution. She was originally scheduled for decommissioning in 2014 or 2015, depending on the life of her reactors and completion of her replacement, USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78).[10] But the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010 slated the ship's retirement for 2013, when she will have served for 51 consecutive years, longer than any other U.S. aircraft carrier.[11]

Enterprise's home port is at Naval Station Norfolk, Virginia as of September 2012.[12] Her final deployment, the last before her decommissioning, began on 10 March 2012 and ended 4 November 2012. She is scheduled to be deactivated on 1 December 2012.[13]"]

She is to be taken for mothballs at this time and probably will be turned into a museum. She was one hell of a ship and when she came by in Japan for R&R 5000 men would hit the shore like a tidal wave. She left back to Vietnam in 1968 and while en-route Responded to the hijacking of the USS Pueblo by the North Koreans and was on station quickly.

Her only tragedy was in 1969 when a flight deck heater set off rockets on one the F4 Phantoms and set the flight deck afire. She was repaired quickly and was able to return to Vietnam later that year or in 1970.

So long lady Enterprise CVA65.
_49er_Arrrrrrr_

El Paso, TX

#2 Dec 1, 2012
The Big E was always one of my favorite ships, especially when she would come along the side of my ship for "unreps".
The boatswainmate would sound his wistle and say,
ON BOARD THE USS ENTERPRISE, welcome along side the USS Niagara Falls, Stand By For Bolo Shot Forward and Aft.
Then they would work the deck and supply crew to death.
AREU5REAL

El Paso, TX

#3 Dec 1, 2012
I've never been on bard this particular boat, but I did take a whiz over the side of a boat once into the ocean. I liked it.
AREU4REAL

El Paso, TX

#4 Dec 1, 2012
AREU5REAL wrote:
I've never been on bard this particular boat, but I did take a whiz over the side of a boat once into the ocean. I liked it.
We ain't talking about a small bass boat idiot.
AREU4REAL

El Paso, TX

#5 Dec 1, 2012
_49er_Arrrrrrr_ wrote:
The Big E was always one of my favorite ships, especially when she would come along the side of my ship for "unreps".
The boatswainmate would sound his wistle and say,
ON BOARD THE USS ENTERPRISE, welcome along side the USS Niagara Falls, Stand By For Bolo Shot Forward and Aft.
Then they would work the deck and supply crew to death.
That is a tough ship to serve on. Being an Oiler is not one of the safest ships around. What was your rate?
AREU5REAL

El Paso, TX

#6 Dec 1, 2012
AREU4REAL wrote:
<quoted text>We ain't talking about a small bass boat idiot.
Hell, I know but don't underestimate bass boats. I took a broad out on one awhile back and I was laid while we were fishing. It was exquisite.
AREU4REAL

El Paso, TX

#7 Dec 1, 2012
AREU5REAL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell, I know but don't underestimate bass boats. I took a broad out on one awhile back and I was laid while we were fishing. It was exquisite.
Since you have no shame go to 4900 Montana to see the sex shops there. they might have what you want, Stay off the blogs.
_49er_Arrrrrrr_

El Paso, TX

#8 Dec 1, 2012
AREU4REAL wrote:
<quoted text>That is a tough ship to serve on. Being an Oiler is not one of the safest ships around. What was your rate?
The Niagara Falls was a Combat Store Supply Ship, I was a First Class Petty Officer Storekeeper in S-2 Division.
AREU4REAL

El Paso, TX

#9 Dec 1, 2012
_49er_Arrrrrrr_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Niagara Falls was a Combat Store Supply Ship, I was a First Class Petty Officer Storekeeper in S-2 Division.
Sorry I got the designation wrong. I messed up the letters and just got the numbers
Juan Garcia DeBaca Phd

El Paso, TX

#10 Dec 2, 2012
I wasnt impressed at all with old tug boat, it was a piece of crap. good riddance.
AREU5REAL

El Paso, TX

#11 Dec 2, 2012
AREU4REAL wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry I got the designation wrong. I messed up the letters and just got the numbers
Hey, no problem - we all make a mistake now and then.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 44 min huey goins 17,859
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 3 hr brad 22,275
FBI raids Anamarc College 12 hr huey goins 9
Have you gotten your UTEP refund? 12 hr Becky Martinez 3
Anti-illegal immigration Border Convoy headed t... 20 hr INFIDEL 416
if all the mexicans go back to mexico america w... (Jan '08) 20 hr Agreed 595
Should Petro be Banned from this Forum? (Aug '12) 20 hr Smooth 2,135
•••
•••
•••

El Paso Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000