Garcia pleads guilty
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ex- El Paso resident

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Jun 15, 2012
From the El Paso Times:

Once one of the most powerful men in El Paso in control of a $460 million annual budget and 64,000 students, former El Paso Independent School District Superintendent Lorenzo García on Wednesday found himself in unfamiliar territory -- one in which he was no longer in control.

García appeared in front of a federal judge to plead guilty to two counts of conspiracy to commit mail fraud. One of the charges involves cheating on student test scores and the other deals with a $450,000 contract given to one of his lovers.

It was a strong contrast to a defiant García who had shrugged off accusations against him.
Spill_over

United States

#2 Jun 15, 2012
Garcia represents the "cultural spill-over." Mexican values (or lack thereof) definitely influence El Paso politics. Some people raised on the border just do not get it.
EPISD 6

El Paso, TX

#3 Jun 15, 2012
Murphy,Anderson,Tanner,Jordan, Chavez,Lane
JesusChristCentr alDave

El Paso, TX

#4 Jun 15, 2012
Liars, Theives, Drug Addicts, Alcoholics, Pedophiles and just plain lazy.
EP/Y/C/ISD.
And these are the people we forced to intrust are children too?
The Catholic Church and Penn State football program have NOTHING on the schools around here!
Next time you see a teacher Spit in their FACE!!!
Josh Taxpayer

El Paso, TX

#5 Jun 16, 2012
Ex- El Paso resident wrote:
From the El Paso Times:
Once one of the most powerful men in El Paso in control of a $460 million annual budget and 64,000 students, former El Paso Independent School District Superintendent Lorenzo García on Wednesday found himself in unfamiliar territory -- one in which he was no longer in control.
García appeared in front of a federal judge to plead guilty to two counts of conspiracy to commit mail fraud. One of the charges involves cheating on student test scores and the other deals with a $450,000 contract given to one of his lovers.
It was a strong contrast to a defiant García who had shrugged off accusations against him.
Does this mean all the employees of this district will have to give back their payraises to pay back the money he stole?
Who will foot the bill?
JesusChristCentr alDave

El Paso, TX

#6 Jun 16, 2012
Josh Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this mean all the employees of this district will have to give back their payraises to pay back the money he stole?
Who will foot the bill?
No, don't be a pendejo and consider yourself screwed you dumbass.
Lorenzo

El Paso, TX

#7 Jun 16, 2012
Pizza Patron con Chorizo for you Taxpayers. Thanks to the School Board Trustees. Bola de pendejos.
JesusChristCentr alDave

El Paso, TX

#8 Jun 16, 2012
Lorenzo wrote:
Pizza Patron con Chorizo for you Taxpayers. Thanks to the School Board Trustees. Bola de pendejos.
Yes joto and deal with it.
Beto

El Paso, TX

#9 Jun 16, 2012
Spill_over wrote:
Garcia represents the "cultural spill-over." Mexican values (or lack thereof) definitely influence El Paso politics. Some people raised on the border just do not get it.
I cannot agree with you more it is just "Money in the Bank" as far as EPISD and its Board of Tustees go.
Where is the oversight

United States

#10 Jun 17, 2012
The board has a job to do.
They FAILED...
Being on a board serving the public is not an ego trip.
It is a RESPONSIBILITY.
RESIGN and plead guilty to being complicit in this spectacle ....
James Russell

El Paso, TX

#11 Jun 17, 2012
Josh Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this mean all the employees of this district will have to give back their payraises to pay back the money he stole?
Who will foot the bill?
It mean that Garcia will foot the bill for the time being. The school district would have to sue him to get the money. The federal government however will try to get as much as they can from the funding of the programs which he fraudulently spent.
Puppetmaster

Oceanside, CA

#12 Jun 17, 2012
Spill_over wrote:
Garcia represents the "cultural spill-over." Mexican values (or lack thereof) definitely influence El Paso politics. Some people raised on the border just do not get it.
You represent the 100 years of liars. A legacy of lies to the Native Americans and the corporations that have stolen from the American public. Get your head out of the sand. So please tell me what makes your values any different?
Youre in Trouble

El Paso, TX

#13 Jun 17, 2012
EPISD 6 wrote:
Murphy,Anderson,Tanner,Jordan, Chavez,Lane
I dedicate the song "I think I'm in trouble" to the preceding names mentioned. You all are in TROUBLE!

No more money

United States

#14 Jun 17, 2012
Puppetmaster wrote:
<quoted text>
You represent the 100 years of liars. A legacy of lies to the Native Americans and the corporations that have stolen from the American public. Get your head out of the sand. So please tell me what makes your values any different?
Dream boy,
There is not a nickel to waste.

Your egg sources should have scrambled it .
Puppetmaster

Oceanside, CA

#15 Jun 17, 2012
No more money wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream boy,
There is not a nickel to waste.
Your egg sources should have scrambled it .
Dumboy,the only thing scrambled is your logic.
No more money

United States

#16 Jun 17, 2012
Puppetmaster wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumboy,the only thing scrambled is your logic.
May you and yours follow the California bankruptcy trail.

Till then,
I e-verify all employees,
Report criminal illegals and have them criminally charged for ID theft
And enjoin my fellow employers to follow the Arizona lead for Americas sake.

Since: Jan 11

El Paso, TX

#17 Jun 17, 2012
Is this is what the El Paso taxpayers were to support? Their are no ethics in this city.
Bambi S

El Paso, TX

#18 Jun 18, 2012
Afghan - Iraq Vet wrote:
Is this is what the El Paso taxpayers were to support? Their are no ethics in this city.
What ethics? This service WE pay for thinks of itself as royalty. The have an I'm better than you attitude since they have a degree or claim to have such.
That is why the last three Superintendents have pleaded guilty to misconduct and did not have any penalty to pay. Garcia was surprised when they said guilty and gave him a fine of about one third of the money he obtained in one transaction. Many at EPISD continue to profit as we speak by those same lies. Teachers have gotten a raise they claim as part of a grant. Aren't grants a one time deal? They have made it a life time commitment WE the taxpayers will have to burden next year.
We need to rid ourselves of this lie-prone, whore mongering den of thieves called EPISD Central Office. Let the State of Texas or better yet the Federal Goverment take over this broken system.
Parasites a plenty

United States

#19 Jun 18, 2012
Bambi S wrote:
<quoted text>What ethics? This service WE pay for thinks of itself as royalty. The have an I'm better than you attitude since they have a degree or claim to have such.
That is why the last three Superintendents have pleaded guilty to misconduct and did not have any penalty to pay. Garcia was surprised when they said guilty and gave him a fine of about one third of the money he obtained in one transaction. Many at EPISD continue to profit as we speak by those same lies. Teachers have gotten a raise they claim as part of a grant. Aren't grants a one time deal? They have made it a life time commitment WE the taxpayers will have to burden next year.
We need to rid ourselves of this lie-prone, whore mongering den of thieves called EPISD Central Office. Let the State of Texas or better yet the Federal Goverment take over this broken system.
This symptom is the problem nationally. There are ENUFF parasites to sway an election!

It is the cancer our founders warned us about!

Since: Mar 11

United States

#20 Jun 18, 2012
As the Times is demanding the resignation of the criminals on the school board they left out a name: Terri K. Jordan, that woman can't be allowed to work another day in El Paso. She was well aware of the goings on in central office. If by chance she was'nt then she does'nt deserve the job to begin with, how can she miss the obvious?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Visit link http://MyFixEarning.com/?refer=45752 Thu Earn Farts 2
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) Wed Stinky Farts 24,598
New to El Paso Need FARTS Nov 14 Lone Fartstar 6
El Paso, Texas Home Of Thousands Of Illegal Imm... (Oct '08) Nov 14 Plus e-FARTS 52
News Border Patrol rescues illegal immigrants stuck ... Nov 14 Boarder Farts 5
Happy Farterans Day Nov 12 Support Farterans 3
The White Fart House Nov 12 Fartomitry 58

El Paso Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Paso Mortgages