Juarez: Gated bar district is safest place to socialize

Full story: El Paso Times

In a city where violence is widespread, an entertainment district in east Juarez has become the safest place in town.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of94
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
jmh3

Tularosa, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

If the Mexican Army and Police cannot stop the sicarios from killing how can a few security guards and off-duty police?
When a target a Cartel wants to hit is in this area, they will get hit, and so will innocentes, bystanders.
It's not safe to be there and it's not safe leaving there late at night driving the streets.
Taco

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

Hey, this is great. FronChis stay in Juarez. E.P. doesn't want you.
Jop

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

How is this a news story? Just because it hasn't been hit doesn't mean it's the safest place to be. Saying that some place is the safest place to be is not going to convince people to start going there nor is it wise for the newspaper to be publishing this kind of stuff. There's always someone trying to ruin the party and I highly doubt "good" people are the only ones partying at this gated community. I hope this place really is the safest place, but just because it has guards walking around doesn't make it the safest place. Don't brainwash people into going to Juarez, at least not yet.
Just Me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

And if you believe this story, i have a goose that lays golden eggs for sale!!
Behind walls

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

Yep.

And that's why the border fence needs completion!

It contributes to security, does not by itself assure anything.

Yep, the additional BP, Troopers and all who reside on the North side of the Rio deserve the same security level.

Yep, FINISH DA FENCE!
Sin calzones

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

How much is this goose that you speak of?
Bruce

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

Behind walls wrote:
Yep.
And that's why the border fence needs completion!
It contributes to security, does not by itself assure anything.
Yep, the additional BP, Troopers and all who reside on the North side of the Rio deserve the same security level.
Yep, FINISH DA FENCE!
I'll bet you were happy that the Berlin Wall came down. Now you want to build one here. The Great Wall of China still works, right? How stupid. If you really want to "defend" the border, it needs to be pushed further south where it is shorter and easier to defend.
Bruce

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

Sin calzones wrote:
How much is this goose that you speak of?
Forget the goose, I have a bridge that you can buy.
Just Me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

Bruce wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget the goose, I have a bridge that you can buy.
My Goose Is Always On That Bridge!! Let's go to Juarez and i'll by us all lunch in this little safe place i know,just don't look nobody in the eye ok??!!
free your mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

Bruce wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you were happy that the Berlin Wall came down. Now you want to build one here. The Great Wall of China still works, right? How stupid. If you really want to "defend" the border, it needs to be pushed further south where it is shorter and easier to defend.
ha ha ha, don't think America is in the position to start another war and i don't think Mexico would be inclined to sell the land either. it's good idea, but there would be a lot of politics. i think it's better if Mexico let's the U.S. assist in their country with foot soldiers and attack helicopters. it worked out fairly well in Columbia. these patrols they use are not very intimidating. they drive around in trucks and SUV's, a real military show of force would be in military vehicles, humvees, helicopters, and .50 caliber machine guns. the cartel has military issued machine guns (ak's, m4's, m16's). let's see them get an Apache or Cobra. Mexico really wants to get them out and stop drugs, then do it right. i bet in a month the drug cartels will tuck tail and run. i wouldn't mind seeing these aircraft flying over EPT into Juarez everyday or all night.

Since: Jan 09

Maribel, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

This does not bode well for the Mexican and US authority's. Neither is doing really anything to bring justice to our countries.

I read where the US is removing 384 Border Agents from our Southern Border. Now, is this really progress for either country?

Mexico and US is making big money on the laws against drugs, but we of both countries are suffering because both governments are about as crooked as any time in our history...get all of those who serve in our countries out of office, even if WE have to ban together for a revolution.
cabeza de vaca

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

thanks but no thanks...ive already come to the conclusion that i will never be back to juarez for anyrhing.
uncle pecos

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

everyone one that has blogged on this thread so far are a bunch of yellow lilly cowards.
nobody is telling you to go and believe me they wouldn't want you there anyways-you probably couldn't afford it
most of you pendejos blogging on this thread would never make it out alive
so just stfu and deal with the corruption on this side of the border
DesertNorm

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

O.K. El Paso Times so now you're willing to publish this B.S. about the so called "safe zone" in Juarez? How much did Juarez Pay you? All I have to say is DO NOT GO TO JUAREZ or ANY PLACE IN MEXICO!!!! It's going to be a matter of time when we start seeing the spill over in El Paso more and more. It's already here but It will get worse because these NARCOS and families are moving across to El Paso in the guise of "LAW ABAITING CITIZENS" opening up all these little restaurants around town. Come on El Paso don't be fooled by these people coming from Juarez.
Like Jim

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

This isn't a blog.
free your mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

uncle pecos wrote:
everyone one that has blogged on this thread so far are a bunch of yellow lilly cowards.
nobody is telling you to go and believe me they wouldn't want you there anyways-you probably couldn't afford it
most of you pendejos blogging on this thread would never make it out alive
so just stfu and deal with the corruption on this side of the border
no most on here don't walk around in groups of punks carrying semi-auto or automatics weapons. most of us on here are productive citizens to society. let the federal government arm citizens that don't have criminal records with hi-tech weaponry and we will see who the "yellow lilly" cowards are. cowards thrive on the hurt and anguish of other. it's more cowardish to live life as a criminal then to live life by rules and treat people with respect. that's a real human being.

like i said put some real foot soldiers down in Juarez (the special force of the army, navy, marines, air force), along with some gunships. then you will see who the cowards are. it's has been proven in the Iraq/Afghan war, we see what cowards resort to when they are over powered and out gunned. the only reason these cowards in Juarez continue to do their business is because the Mexico government refuses to take any action. these cowards are warring with the people they were elected to defend and they keep making excuses and saying America's drug addiction is the issue. well it's not just America, it's the whole world that has an addiction to the problem. tell the Mexico government to stop being cowards and just bomb the hell out of the Mansions the cowards live in. put together kill squads, to hunt down members of the cartels. that won't happen though, because Mexico is corrupt. before you talk about America, yeah we know our politics are corrupt, but at least here in America we can arm ourselves and if the cowards come to our neighborhoods we can fight back. you best believe that a good portion of Texas is armed. all the U.S. government would need to do is give the red light. and i am sure at least 500,000 Americans will come down to the Texas, Arizona, New Mexico-Mexico border with guns loaded. don't even get me started with all the guns in AZ that are just itching to rid themselves of drugs and cartels.

so don't come on here with your garbage and try to tell people who voice their opinions that they are cowards.
Been to Juarez many times

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

The people in this "safe zone high society "are part of the problem. Instead of standing up and taking their city back they don't care as long as they can go out to eat, drive a nice car, and shop as much as they want. They are robots meanwhile innocent people are slaughtered, and any idea of juarez having a future is quickly evaporating. In my eyes these people should stand up for their country and their city, but they don't seem to have any huevos. I think this is where you see a big difference between American and Mexican people. Most mexicans are not willing to put a peso on the line for the good of their country, do not get me wrong, I have mexican family and friends and many are great but this seems like a cultural thing more than anything. These people need to hold their politicians accountable, create jobs, invest in their infrastructure, and stop being so selfish.
Unsafe

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

free your mind wrote:
<quoted text>
no most on here don't walk around in groups of punks carrying semi-auto or automatics weapons. most of us on here are productive citizens to society. let the federal government arm citizens that don't have criminal records with hi-tech weaponry and we will see who the "yellow lilly" cowards are. cowards thrive on the hurt and anguish of other. it's more cowardish to live life as a criminal then to live life by rules and treat people with respect. that's a real human being.
like i said put some real foot soldiers down in Juarez (the special force of the army, navy, marines, air force), along with some gunships. then you will see who the cowards are. it's has been proven in the Iraq/Afghan war, we see what cowards resort to when they are over powered and out gunned. the only reason these cowards in Juarez continue to do their business is because the Mexico government refuses to take any action. these cowards are warring with the people they were elected to defend and they keep making excuses and saying America's drug addiction is the issue. well it's not just America, it's the whole world that has an addiction to the problem. tell the Mexico government to stop being cowards and just bomb the hell out of the Mansions the cowards live in. put together kill squads, to hunt down members of the cartels. that won't happen though, because Mexico is corrupt. before you talk about America, yeah we know our politics are corrupt, but at least here in America we can arm ourselves and if the cowards come to our neighborhoods we can fight back. you best believe that a good portion of Texas is armed. all the U.S. government would need to do is give the red light. and i am sure at least 500,000 Americans will come down to the Texas, Arizona, New Mexico-Mexico border with guns loaded. don't even get me started with all the guns in AZ that are just itching to rid themselves of drugs and cartels.
so don't come on here with your garbage and try to tell people who voice their opinions that they are cowards.
You want regular citizens armed with high tech weapons. You sir are the moron for suggesting such an opinion. Those people haven't taken ANY proactive steps to try and do something about what is going.
Case in point is that group of fools that was suppose to start killing off members of the cartels. Never happened. Arming those idiots will only get more of them killed. Only they wont be killing rival members, they'll be killing innocent "armed" civilians.
free your mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

Unsafe wrote:
<quoted text> You want regular citizens armed with high tech weapons. You sir are the moron for suggesting such an opinion. Those people haven't taken ANY proactive steps to try and do something about what is going.
Case in point is that group of fools that was suppose to start killing off members of the cartels. Never happened. Arming those idiots will only get more of them killed. Only they wont be killing rival members, they'll be killing innocent "armed" civilians.
hmmm.....yeah....i was talking about American citizens? i can buy a M4 for $1,600 at any local gun store. buy an M16 for $1,200. buy an ak-47 for $700. and yeah there are many American citizens packing guns like these.

i am also stating that if the violence wants to spread onto American soil, then American citizens should be armed to fight back.
Bruce

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>My Goose Is Always On That Bridge!! Let's go to Juarez and i'll by us all lunch in this little safe place i know,just don't look nobody in the eye ok??!!
I'll only go if I can take my AK.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of94
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the El Paso Forum right now

Search the El Paso Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Truth is might 20,379
what would you do togo to western playland 1 hr L Morales 22
Fort Bliss to rename Robert E. Lee Road to hono... 1 hr Gunslinger da915 136
El Paso state Sen. Jose Rodriguez challenges wi... 4 hr Jose 53
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 8 hr Wild flowers 466
Daniel Athens locked up for peeing at the Alamo. 14 hr ozzy 11
The News The Media Ignores 19 hr L Morales 2
•••
•••
•••
El Paso Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

El Paso Jobs

•••
•••