EPISD board member Lisa Colquitt-Munoz resigns

Full story: El Paso Times 91
Lisa Colquitt-Munoz, who has been on the El Paso Independent School District's board since 2003, resigned Tuesday night. Full Story
Scoobydo

Anthony, TX

#42 Jun 17, 2011
Where did "whatever" come from? How do you know that the FBI cleared them of all wrong doing? Nothing has been said on the news - BUT it will! It's coming! This is the kind of thing that Garcia wants - someone to spread a bunch of lies to make him look good! Lisa saw the handwriting on the wall and she's jumping ship before they all go down! Only she and God know whether she did something wrong with Garcia and the District. She will have to account for everything some day - as we all will! The thing I want to know is why David Dodge made a statement, before the election, at a Republican women's meeting that Garcia would not be elected if he were re-elected. Seems like I read that Garcia was given another year with the District. Where's the promise David? Better watch what you say or they will be recalling your position or better yet, the FBI will be checking you out next - oh, but I forgot - you said the other day that the FBI wouldn't find anything. Maybe it's coming! El Paso has had enough and the teachers, staff and employees deserve better! If you don't change quickly, don't be surprised at what's coming!!
Frustrated American

El Paso, TX

#43 Jun 17, 2011
really wrote:
you all need to STFU you dont know the reason why she's leaving and its none of your business...as far as the investigation...FBI found no wrong doing,,so shove that up your arse
It is an ongoing investigation. The findings haven't been released! There is a lot to find.

Since: Jul 10

College Station, TX

#44 Jun 17, 2011
WHATEVER wrote:
<quoted text>ummm again the FBI cleared them and the principal from Jeff Retired,he did a lot of illegal stuff and he got caught
I was not speaking of him but I do know the FBI investigation is still ongoing. I was speaking of another friend. Nothing in this district is free and clear but we cannot assume anyone is automatically guilty or innocent. I do know some files kind of "disappeared" in this investigation, so anything is still possible.
Breaking the Law

El Paso, TX

#45 Jun 17, 2011
Is that true in El Paso police officers encourage its citizens to break the law. No wonder the US government and its leaders are watching this place like a hawk and believe its citizens. They have the mentallity of Mexican police that they can say anything and be disrespectful.
Thank you

El Paso, TX

#46 Jun 17, 2011
NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS wrote:
<quoted text>YOU STUPID ****...THE FBI CLEARED THEM SO STFU...NONE OF THE BOARDMEMBERS ARE BEING PROSECUTED SECOND GARCIA ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE...HIS CONTRACT WAS RENEWED SO SHOVE THAT UP YOUR ****...
Before writing anything, get your facts straight.
Thank you

El Paso, TX

#47 Jun 17, 2011
orourke for congress wrote:
does she own a construction company?
Yes, she does.
Truth

El Paso, TX

#48 Jun 17, 2011
WHATEVER wrote:
<quoted text>The FBI cleared the district of any wrong doing....
No they did not. FBI is still working. The principal from Jeff left because he told the truth to the FEDS. He did not do anything corrupt except tell the truth.
great

El Paso, TX

#49 Jun 17, 2011
orourke for congress wrote:
does she own a construction company?
I believe she does.... sounds fishy to me. Left town suddenly.
parent 12

El Paso, TX

#50 Jun 17, 2011
duh wrote:
<quoted text>
would you care to elaborate moron?
Excuse me?! Don't be so cruel to the young man. Don't be calling him a moron, he is probably correct. Liano has a horrible past, the list is endless. Just look up Liano's past and then you can swallow your words.
mary

El Paso, TX

#51 Jun 17, 2011
WHATEVER wrote:
<quoted text>ummm again the FBI cleared them and the principal from Jeff Retired,he did a lot of illegal stuff and he got caught
FBI is still working.... Thank you to Shapleigh. The principal at Jeff was forced out because he told the truth to the FBI. I think the FBI needs to investigate a couple of other high schools in the district. El Paso High is one of them. That's probably why Colquitt resigned all of a sudden. I thinks several principals, and board members need to join her in jumping the ship, before it sinks.
Relax

El Paso, TX

#52 Jun 17, 2011
really wrote:
you all need to STFU you dont know the reason why she's leaving and its none of your business...as far as the investigation...FBI found no wrong doing,,so shove that up your arse
Relax.... no need to get so defensive about the issue. There is no reason to be using such foul language. Sounds like you are guilty too! Now count to 10
come on now

El Paso, TX

#53 Jun 17, 2011
duh wrote:
<quoted text>
would you care to elaborate moron?
Don't speak ill of this fine young man. He is only saying the truth. If he were to elaborate on the issue, I think it may take several pages. Don't forget the principal at El Paso High has many grievances on him to include sexually harrassing several female employees. Come on now, the young man is only saying the truth.
Best of Luck

El Paso, TX

#54 Jun 17, 2011
Best of luck Lisa! God bless you and your family.
WHATEVER

El Paso, TX

#55 Jun 17, 2011
Scoobydo wrote:
Where did "whatever" come from? How do you know that the FBI cleared them of all wrong doing? Nothing has been said on the news - BUT it will! It's coming! This is the kind of thing that Garcia wants - someone to spread a bunch of lies to make him look good! Lisa saw the handwriting on the wall and she's jumping ship before they all go down! Only she and God know whether she did something wrong with Garcia and the District. She will have to account for everything some day - as we all will! The thing I want to know is why David Dodge made a statement, before the election, at a Republican women's meeting that Garcia would not be elected if he were re-elected. Seems like I read that Garcia was given another year with the District. Where's the promise David? Better watch what you say or they will be recalling your position or better yet, the FBI will be checking you out next - oh, but I forgot - you said the other day that the FBI wouldn't find anything. Maybe it's coming! El Paso has had enough and the teachers, staff and employees deserve better! If you don't change quickly, don't be surprised at what's coming!!
trust me they did get cleared..the news doesn't have to know everything and neither do you..Lisais leaving because her husband got transfered if its any of your business
WHATEVER

El Paso, TX

#56 Jun 17, 2011
mary wrote:
<quoted text>
FBI is still working.... Thank you to Shapleigh. The principal at Jeff was forced out because he told the truth to the FBI. I think the FBI needs to investigate a couple of other high schools in the district. El Paso High is one of them. That's probably why Colquitt resigned all of a sudden. I thinks several principals, and board members need to join her in jumping the ship, before it sinks.
nope he retired because he did something wrong and the FBI already finished... they cleared EPISD..and no thats not why she quit...she's leaving town ...none of the other board members are going anywhere...so stop spreading rumors dumb ass
WHATEVER

El Paso, TX

#57 Jun 17, 2011
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No they did not. FBI is still working. The principal from Jeff left because he told the truth to the FEDS. He did not do anything corrupt except tell the truth.
YES THEY DID..DR LANE LEFT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING HE DID...SO SHUT IT
NON E OF YOUR BUSINSESS

El Paso, TX

#58 Jun 17, 2011
Thank you wrote:
<quoted text>
Before writing anything, get your facts straight.
I HAVE MY FACT STRAIGHT ...YOU NUMB NUT
NON E OF YOUR BUSINSESS

El Paso, TX

#59 Jun 17, 2011
WHATEVER wrote:
<quoted text>trust me they did get cleared..the news doesn't have to know everything and neither do you..Lisais leaving because her husband got transfered if its any of your business
YES THEY DID BUT PEOPLE HERE ARE MORONS...
NON E OF YOUR BUSINSESS

El Paso, TX

#60 Jun 17, 2011
Frustrated American wrote:
<quoted text> It is an ongoing investigation. The findings haven't been released! There is a lot to find.
OMG YOU PEOPLE ARE STUPID THEY DID GET CLEARED
el pasoan

El Paso, TX

#61 Jun 17, 2011
hmmm, school board member resigning abruptly? smells like there is something brewing there. dont want to speculate but based on what has happened recently with board members and parts of public officials it is almost impossible to think the worst.. especially since coquitt munoz says she wants to travel the world abroad. hmmmm? go to a country that does not extradite criminals back to the united states.. something to ponder knowing what has recently afflicted this area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-illegal immigration Border Convoy headed t... 13 min Ted Bell 433
1 direction 39 min huey goins 5
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr Capt Cho 18,476
theresa braham 3 hr lamp 2
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 8 hr Waco 1909 22,608
Name the book I should write. 19 hr The Real Great one 0
Border wait times 22 hr huey goins 29
•••
•••
•••

El Paso Jobs

•••
•••
•••

El Paso People Search