Morning shooting leaves one dead

Morning shooting leaves one dead

There are 25 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Mar 16, 2008, titled Morning shooting leaves one dead. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

A 30-year-old man was expected to be charged with an open count of murder in an early morning shooting Saturday in a quiet Sonoma Ranch neighborhood, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joe

Encino, NM

#1 Mar 16, 2008
Diamond Springs is NOT in Sonoma Ranch!
Are you Serious

Commerce City, CO

#2 Mar 16, 2008
I'm sure the family of Jeremy Hernandez is real concerned with the fact that Diamond springs is not in Sonoma Ranch... Thanks for your infinite wisdom!

My heart goes out to the family and in their loss!

Las Cruces Resident
Acehole

Santa Fe, NM

#3 Mar 16, 2008
Joe wrote:
good point jacka$$
KLL

AOL

#4 Mar 16, 2008
Another idiot taking a human life for what? Everbody thinks violence solves problems.
Guess what?, it just creates more problems.
Seriously

United States

#5 Mar 16, 2008
This story is so vague! No one knows what happened. There has to be more to the story... everyone is so quick to cast the first stone. Prayers for both of the families is necessary.
A friend

Brownsville, TX

#6 Mar 16, 2008
Please respect his friends and family and keep the negative comments to a minimum. He was a great man, a veteran, and man I many would look up to. God Bless the Hernandez family. Our prayers are with you.
Teammateandhomie

United States

#7 Mar 17, 2008
I knew both, Jeremy played football with me at Mayfield High School and I knew Jimmy because he lived in my neighborhood and his parents own Bogart's towing. Jeremy was a good dude, always smiling and joking around when I knew him in high school. I hope Jimmy fries for this, he is a punk and if he doesn't get the death penalty then I hope somebody in jails shanks his ass.
Son of las Cruces

Morenci, AZ

#8 Mar 17, 2008
Teammateandhomie wrote:
I knew both, Jeremy played football with me at Mayfield High School and I knew Jimmy because he lived in my neighborhood and his parents own Bogart's towing. Jeremy was a good dude, always smiling and joking around when I knew him in high school. I hope Jimmy fries for this, he is a punk and if he doesn't get the death penalty then I hope somebody in jails shanks his ass.
This is also a teamate and homie of both these guys. People aren't understanding the facts on what happened, there are no facts yet, but yet people want to come off and start calling Jimmy a punk. Well I think you need to grow up and understand that we weren't there, and we don't know what happened. You people need to realize that I knew both back then in high school and latly, both were two different people. Jeremy was a different person due to the fact that the war played a significant role on his personality, and his mental state of being. As for Jimmy being involved in being shot back then changed him for the rest of his life. I personally don't see Jimmy the type to go off like that, without there being a good reason, but that will be revealed in the trial. Rest in Peace Jermey no matter what we all love you. From the 95 Back to Back state Champs.
One and Only

Las Cruces, NM

#9 Mar 17, 2008
People Judge Without Even Knowing S***t!...
Very So UNFAIR...
My condolences for the Hernandez family as well as the Bogart's...
I agree with you 'Son of las cruces'. Both of these guys were very different in personalities. Jimmy is Not the type that would go off like that without having a good reason for it!

The story is so incomplete...We don't know the facts of what really happened...we don't know the situation...

Jimmy Is a great guy with a great heart he does not deserve all this S***t...
No one special

Huntsville, AL

#11 Mar 17, 2008
I don't know Jimmy all that well, but I did know Jeremy. I know his wife, his sister... basically his whole family. I just talked to him Thursday evening. I do have to agree with what 'Son of Cruces' said, when he said "Jeremy was a different person due to the fact that the war played a significant role on his personality, and his mental state of being." It's completely true. He had changed completely in the past couple months. If you hadn't talked to him in the past 4 months, you would have no idea he was the same guy, that's how much he'd changed. Even though I was good friends with Jeremy, just seeing the change in front of my eyes, tells me not to place all the blame on Jimmy. There's only 3 people that know the entire truth, one is dead, one is in jail, and only god can judge. My prayers are with both families. God knows they need it at a time like this.
Friend in Las Cruces

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Mar 17, 2008
My heart goes out to Jeremy's parents and wife. They are all friends of mine. I don't care to comment on who has changed. Jeremy was a war veteran and served bravely for our safety. It is sad that he made several tours to the mid east and died in his own home. To Christina, his wife, many many prayers.
94-96 Trojan Champ

United States

#13 Mar 17, 2008
I was also a member of the back to back teams although I didnt play much I was close to everybody and especially Jeremy since he was a HOSS like me. Everytime I hear about somebody from high school dying it makes me want to get toghether with all the guys from the original Coach Bradley, Coach White Championship teams. The guys that were there when Coach White walked in that first day and screamed, "We're burnin' daylight!" We had some good times and we are losing touch with each other. I hope I get to see some more of you guys before it's all over because hearing stuff like this makes me pissed. I knew Jimmy also and I just hope that the truth comes out. Both were troubled in their own ways and both had demons inside them like we all do. RIP Jeremy, much love to all the OG Trojans.
teammateandhomie

United States

#14 Mar 18, 2008
I had just found out one of my old friends had been murdered, my bad. But the Jimmy Bogart I knew was a punk. In highschool he used to sell drugs and carry guns. Jeremy was no angel but he was a good student and a football player. And later became a member of the armed forces and served our country with honor. Meanwhile Jimmy was getting shot and paralyzed and supposedly learning the dangers of the life he had been trying to live. I read his myspace, the guy sounded re-born yet he picked up a gun and pulled the trigger just like somebody had done to him. Im sorry but I have no respect for Jimmy and never have. Maybe the situation called for action from Jimmy but in my eyes Jimmy is still the same little wannabe drug dealer big shot living in Cruces doing nothing with his life. Jeremy on the otherhand was a hero. I don't care if you knew both and both were your good homies and Jeremy changed for the worse, Jimmy still pulled the damn trigger, he could have let God deal with Jeremy.
Sharp One

United States

#16 Mar 21, 2008
Here's to pompous Joe who has to point out that Diamond Springs is not in SONOMA RANCH. It may as well be as both devolpments border each other and the homes are very similar. My question is do you think that the Sonoma Ranch area is above such a tragedy? You need to check out some of sites and find out just how any covicted felons, rapists and child abusers live in Sonoma Ranch, you will be unpleasantly surprised. You may even be one of them. My condolences to the family. I only knew Jay for a short time since he opened the salon and I adored his open, gracious and friendly manner. I will certainly miss him.
Jermery Hernandez

United States

#17 Jul 13, 2008
Teammateandhomie wrote:
I live in another state and was checking about a nefew who lives in El Paso, Texas named Jermery Hernandez. I'm praying to God it's not my nefew. Since the Jermery I'm looking for was my brother son who is Missing on Texas Missing Person and his dad's name is Sammy Lee Hernandez ( Sammuel Lee Hernandez }. If not I wish the family my deep symphany of there lost son. If Jermery is the right person . No parent should have to loose a son or brother in violance.
Jermery Hernandez

United States

#18 Jul 13, 2008
Its sad to hear Jermery Hernandez lost his life over over another classmate. Yes, somebody should pay for it.. but today world. Your innocent until proven guilty. And this must be painful for both families involved. I hope the family of Jermery if its the same family Thats related to me threw my MISSING BROTHER, SAMMUEL LEE HERNANDEZ [ POSSIBLE FOUL PLAY ]. IT SAID IF JERMERY DIDN'T GET TO KNOW WHAT A GREAT DAD THEY HAD.. HE LOVED HIM.. AND KNOW THEY'RE PROBABLY TOGETHER. AND HE FIANLLY KNOWS THE TRUTH ABOUT HIS MISSING DAD.!!!. NO CHILD SHOULD HAVE TO GO WITH OUT KNOWING THE TRUTH ABOUT THERE DAD.. BUT SOME ALSO TOOK THE LIVE OF HIS DAD THE MATTER HIS SON WAS TAKEN.. AND THERE NO JUSTICE FOR MY BOTHER AND KNOW HIS SON. BUT GOD KNOWS THERE WILL BE JUSTICE FOR BOTH SON AND DAD IN THE END. CAUSE NO ONE LEAVES THIS WORLD WITH JUSTICE OF SOME KIND. AND IF THIS IS THE RIGHT HERNANDEZ FAMILY. I HOPE JASON FINLLY REALIZES HOW IT FEELS TO LOOSE SOMEONE THEY LOVE. LIKE WE LOST THERE DAD. AND IF THIS ISN'T THE SAME HERNANDEZ FAMILY THATS NOT RELATED TO ME.. I REALLY SORRY YOU HAVE LOST A SON. I'VE LOST A SON AT BIRTH.. AND YOU NEVER FORGET , BUT YOU SOMEDAY WILL HAVE PEACE OF KNOWING YOU WHERE GOOD TO YOUR SON AND HE WILL ALWAYS BE WITH YOU. AGAIN SORRY FOR YOUR LOST
Tina Hernandez Riche

United States

#19 Dec 28, 2008
Is there a picture of the obituary of person in question; Hernandez
Sabritas

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Dec 28, 2008
I was shocked to hear of tragedy within the compound known as "Sonoma Ranch". Where love, tranquility and peace are King. SAY IT ISN'T SO!!Oh. Wait. Hold the phones. CNN MOBILE NEWS: Breaking News;
Joe wrote:
Thank God! Now I can rest my weary head.
Lets All Get Real

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Jun 8, 2009
Jeremy (Jay) Hernandez was not this great Veteran that everyone thinks. I served with him and knew him here at home. He was a worthless punk. He was a local drug dealer. I was going to hire to work for my business and when conducing a background found that, along with his wife(Christina)he was dealing cocaine and ran a call girl service through a sun tanning business. I was at his home once, along with Christina, and left when he brought out an ounce of party favor. I had the opportunity to see his wife use the dancer pole lcared in his home. So people LATS GET REAL, it is unfortunate that another person is dead, but lets see the positive, we took alot of drugs off our streets in Las Cruces and closed down a prositution ring. I for one will not miss Jay and I do hope he finds peace in his eternal rest. As for his wife, she is a pathetic weeping widow. Get a life Christina you know the truth do not sacrafice Jimmy for your stupidities.
Son of LC I THINK NOT

Albuquerque, NM

#22 Jun 8, 2009
Jay served and was discharged honorable from the service, this is true. However, a true veteran would not be selling drugs and would not find himself in the middle of a prostitution ring. Somebody tell me where is the honor in that. Unlike the rest of his so called friends I am putting my name to this comment, Robert Hernandez. When I saw Jay a couple of months before his passing, he handed me a business card of his tanning salon and explained the benefits which came with the service. Ironically this was at Jimmy’s home. Jay also informed me that if I ever needed "party favors" to call him. Personally, my thought and prayers are with Jimmy. He will sit and be tried within our justice system, where lady justice will be raped in the testimony given by witnesses, especially Christina’s, his loving wife (who loved many others during her marriage to him). Jay should have stayed committed to taking his meds and his wife instead of running the prostitution ring through their tanning salon,(by the way send my regards to Kitty), Christina should have placed his mental health needs first and foremost. My best wishes Jimmy, God will see you through this and I am sure the truth will prevail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sessions' lies 2 min New Resident 31
To Catch a Beaner 7 min New Resident 58
News Sanctuary cities threatened with loss of federa... 10 min American de Juaritos 63
News Mexico Worries That A New Border Wall Will Wors... 1 hr remorse sets in 36
Is El Paso Next? 5 hr New Resident 4
News Mayoral candidate Saucedo files finance reporta 5 hr New Resident 2
The Toyota seven 14 hr I love the southwest 4

El Paso Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Paso Mortgages