Mooooving day at city hall.

Mooooving day at city hall.

Posted in the El Paso Forum

JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

#1 Jan 24, 2013
["Thursday is moving day for the El Paso Parks and Recreation Department.

The 25 staff members based in City Hall spent the day packing boxes with files, paperwork, and personal memorabilia, getting everything ready for the movers who are taking everything to their new, temporary location in the Pat O'Rourke Center at 901 North Virginia Street in Central El Paso.

"It's going to be a little different," said Wayne Thornton, the department's marketing director. "Because if you wanted something from Engineering, you catch the elevator. If you want something from Planning, you just go downstairs."
Related Content
Parks and Rec is one of the first large, publicly accessible departments to vacate City Hall in anticipation of the building's demolition, slated for the spring.

The other departments will soon follow, headed to locations scattered around town.

The demolition of City Hall will make way for the Triple A baseball park, which is slated to be ready by the 2014 season's Opening Day in April.

Parks and Rec has been downtown since shortly after City Hall opened in 1979. Thornton has spent most of his 35 years with Parks and Rec in other satellite offices, relocating to City Hall several years back. But he told ABC-7 that he's grown attached to the location, the view of downtown El Paso from his office, and the memories that are attached to the building itself.

"It's a sad day. But it's another chapter. It's like walking away from mom and dad and going off to college," he said.

Parks and Rec will be open for business at its new location at 901 N. Virginia on Monday."]

I watched this on KTSM at 6:00PM and all I saw working at moving the boxes were men and women who were vastly over weight. Most appeared to by 45-65lbs over the limit for their body types. These are the people who are allegedly supplying the citizens with places to play and swim. It appears that none of them take advantage of the physical activities they espouse. They certainly do not take advantage of the preventive health care offered by the city's health plan. GET THE FAT OUT OF THE OFFICE
snatchos

El Paso, TX

#2 Jan 24, 2013
Thanks for keeping us posted Russ on the raping of down town el paso.
JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

#3 Jan 24, 2013
snatchos wrote:
Thanks for keeping us posted Russ on the raping of down town el paso.
I was actually posting to say the men and women pictured in the report were way over weight and needed to work out and lose about 45-55 lbs.
Brenda

United States

#4 Jan 25, 2013
JWRussell USNR wrote:
<quoted text>I was actually posting to say the men and women pictured in the report were way over weight and needed to work out and lose about 45-55 lbs.
What wonderful insight! Thanks so much for telling us that there are overweight people in this town - I had no idea.
JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

#5 Jan 25, 2013
Brenda wrote:
<quoted text>
What wonderful insight! Thanks so much for telling us that there are overweight people in this town - I had no idea.
Have you seen some of the reports on accidents investigated by police officers? Take a real good look at some of them and think to yourself how in the world the officers can get around being over weight. Can you see some of them chasing after a crook and stopping because they can't run that far because their weight was too much for them to carry around? It is a wonder that more and more are not on blood pressure medication. Guys 5'8" and over 200 lbs. That reads like a medical alert notice. What happens to the guy he is chasing if he lands on top? Thing if he landed on you?
Brian S

United States

#6 Jan 25, 2013
JWRussell USNR wrote:
<quoted text>Have you seen some of the reports on accidents investigated by police officers? Take a real good look at some of them and think to yourself how in the world the officers can get around being over weight. Can you see some of them chasing after a crook and stopping because they can't run that far because their weight was too much for them to carry around? It is a wonder that more and more are not on blood pressure medication. Guys 5'8" and over 200 lbs. That reads like a medical alert notice. What happens to the guy he is chasing if he lands on top? Thing if he landed on you?
You dirty bullcrapper. Stop stealing everyone else's stories here. I posted the chicken wing shortage first and you should be banned for thievery.
JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

#7 Jan 25, 2013
Brian S wrote:
<quoted text>
You dirty bullcrapper. Stop stealing everyone else's stories here. I posted the chicken wing shortage first and you should be banned for thievery.
Cry cry cry, boo hoooo
Brian S

United States

#8 Jan 25, 2013
JWRussell USNR wrote:
<quoted text>Cry cry cry, boo hoooo
I hope your horny wife turns you into a cockold, you filthy piece of dirt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Armed Forces Day 4 hr Fart court 41
News Explore the weight of a border wall along the e... 13 hr Fart walker 154
News El Paso files "sanctuary cities" lawsuit 18 hr Fart smellers 12
El Paso Criminal Mugshots and Arrests Records (Sep '16) Thu Farting Tammy 5
KVIA dumps 9pm newscast - no one notices Thu Farting Tammy 13
Enough is Enough Thu Farting Tammy 9
Is Donald Trump in SERIOUS TROUBLE? Thu Farting Tammy 7

El Paso Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance