Total of $59,268: Officials say 91 trips necessary, done economically

Full story: El Paso Times

Taxpayers paid $60,000 in the past 15 months to send top city government officials on trips that spanned both coasts.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Utep SSUUUCCKKS

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

Well all of these people travelled economically for a total of $60,000. Natalicio from UTEP mispent half a million dollars for no good reason out of the country.
Amigo Man

Heerlen, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

This is peanuts...not a major story. If anything it was a bargain, I congratulate their responsible fiscal management!
Amigo Man

Heerlen, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

Utep SSUUUCCKKS wrote:
Well all of these people travelled economically for a total of $60,000. Natalicio from UTEP mispent half a million dollars for no good reason out of the country.
$42,000 is NOT half a million dollars,$500,000 is. That's less than 1/11th the amount you are complaining about. I take it math wasn't your strongest subject?

Natalicio haters really have no clue how much growth UTEP has undergone under her tenure. Everything from the number of graduate degrees, to funded construction, to enrollment has gone up...and yet people live in a vacuum and believe these things can happen with no effort on the part of the UTEP administration.
Native El Pasoan

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

ELP officials should be spending more. More trips to seek out and pitch new employers to the area, create solid incentive plans to lure them in and market ELP as a good place for business. I am born and raised, left because there are no jobs for what I did.... 10 yrs later, I now work in a major city in economic development. Surley there is better news to report in ELP than this?!
Luis

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

Now I see why the tuition fee is going up at UTEP> Natalicio has to make those fancy trips and UTEP Alumni are asked to donate to UTEP.
As the City, let"s be more frugal, we know some trips are necessary, but there is teleconference that can replace the trips. Don't stangle the tax-payer Think about it, next time you are considering going on a trip at taxpayers expense.
Paul

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

Really Gustavo...there is nothing, nothing at all more important than this story? I know this is listed as an occasional series about how much public officials spend on travel but really are you serious? Surely there must be something more important to cover..
Texas Aggie

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

They ride first class and stay in expensive hotels. I know because I have seen those smug bastards in first class while I walk to the back for coach.
the truth

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

Paul wrote:
Really Gustavo...there is nothing, nothing at all more important than this story? I know this is listed as an occasional series about how much public officials spend on travel but really are you serious? Surely there must be something more important to cover..
no there isn't. this is el paso, remember.
King Ed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

I'm surprised Archuleta even responded to the request. That guy does whatever he wants and if he goes to Las Vegas, Huntington Beach or Orlando, we should all just be so grateful that his enlightened mind is able to relax. El Pasoans are so duped by that crook.
unocinco

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

If they travel, make them pay their own way, they can afford it! Las Vegas, Can Cun??
Free Ride

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

How did Rep. Carl Robinson get to his destinations without the benefit of a driver's license? Does he also have a chauffeur to drive him around?
Obama bin Biden

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

The EPT asks:
"Is it fair to scrutinize the travel of public representatives?"

What kind of a STUPID question is that?
Of course it is.
Notice how they don't mention how these reps didn't stay at any MOTEL 6 on their vacation, uh, I mean work?

I'm SOOOOOO sure, they stayed at the cheapest places and bought the least expensive food and never had a drop of booze.
Right?

It would be nice if someone could follow these people around and video tape them, and put them under the scrutiny they deserve, then post it on youtube.
Obama bin Biden

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

Free Ride wrote:
How did Rep. Carl Robinson get to his destinations without the benefit of a driver's license? Does he also have a chauffeur to drive him around?
He has a drivers license, just not with him at the time.
The city council is attacking Robinson because of his stance on the Arizona Law and the Gays trying to get free medical care at taxpayer expense.
Ese

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

Good god! Can you imagine having to travel with Steve Ortega and Susie Byrd? I'd rather have a root canal.
AzResident

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

...well at least they won't be coming to Arizona!....there is a God!
Tony

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

Seems like a very reasonable amount to me, I don't really see a story here or with the previous story about UTEP's travel expenses.

The only issue I have is Rachel Quintana's travel, she should't even be on council.

You want a story..you want to embarrass someone? how about some front page attention for the Judge that is allowing the Rachel Quintana's attorney to drag this case out until shes is able to complete her term...talk about an injustice and a classic example of a judge that needs to be removed.

There is NO EXCUSE for Rachel Quintana's case to not have been heard and completed by now.

How about looking into that judge's case history. lets examine who else the judge is allowing to manipulate them...lets evaluate and focus on the judge, because in the end..the only reason we don't have a resolution to this matter ...is the judge.
Susie Pig

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

Susie Byrd is now dubbed suussssiieee ppppiiiggggg. She took Nine trips to everyone else's two.

She went to Portland, Oregon on our dime. That is where her pupeteer, Ray Caballero lives, her former master. What a coincadence.

The question to ask Susie Pig is how many trips did she take last year on her own nickle and where did she go and where did she stay?

The answer will be Deming and she stayed with friends.

These types are glorious with other people's money and cheap as hell with thier own. If she wants to see the US she should pay for it herself.
LDV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

Id love to see the dates of that travel! I bet many of them were accidentally in a city when "something special" was going on....
The Truth

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

It's only $652 per trip. Well done...not on issue.
Richard

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

What was the point of this article? Is this what this newspaper calls investigative reporting? Pretty lame attempt at reporting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the El Paso Forum right now

Search the El Paso Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
what would you do togo to western playland 5 min Gunslinger da915 20
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 57 min Wild flowers 466
Daniel Athens locked up for peeing at the Alamo. 7 hr ozzy 11
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 11 hr Hey 20,378
The News The Media Ignores 12 hr L Morales 2
El Paso state Sen. Jose Rodriguez challenges wi... 13 hr Petro 52
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 17 hr Truth is might 16,036
•••
•••
•••
El Paso Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

El Paso Jobs

•••
•••
•••

El Paso People Search