Parkland's Davis signs with UTEP

Parkland's Davis signs with UTEP

There are 15 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jun 8, 2010, titled Parkland's Davis signs with UTEP. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Many people know Mike Davis as the Parkland High School running back who rushed for 4,142 yards and 48 touchdowns in three seasons for the Matadors football team.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Track Fan

Royse City, TX

#1 Jun 9, 2010
Hope UTEP will also give him a shot in football. Dude can run!
Montwood Mom

El Paso, TX

#2 Jun 9, 2010
Congrats , good job! keep up the good work. Don't commit any crimes while at UTEP.
Disappointed reader

El Paso, TX

#3 Jun 9, 2010
Montwood Mom wrote:
Congrats , good job! keep up the good work. Don't commit any crimes while at UTEP.
Totally unnecessary!!! Michael is a great and respectable individual...don't be quick to judge a book by its cover.

Good luck to you Mike! You will be a great asset to the Miner Track team!
listen up people

El Paso, TX

#4 Jun 9, 2010
Montwood Mom wrote:
Yeah, commit them at Montwood with performance-enhancing drugs. Mike Davis will be just fine.
Give you the Bird

El Paso, TX

#6 Jun 9, 2010
I hope this kid can pass his TAKS and not end up wasting his talent like his old schoolmate Darren Mickens did at UTEP. This is why Mike Price and other UTEP coaches are afraid to take chances on El Paso kids! Mickens has had a full year to become academically eligible and he still has not. What a disappointment. Good luck Mike Davis, I hope you don't use Mickens as a role model!
Mats Booster

El Paso, TX

#7 Jun 9, 2010
Can't compare Mike,what a great individual. Good Luck at UTEP
Rick

Boaz, AL

#8 Jun 9, 2010
Bravo Mike! Always nice to see a Matador alum compete at the next level.
Rick

Frisco, TX

#9 Jun 9, 2010
The chick montwood needs to shut up because she is just being a hater. She probley upset cause one her kids didn't end up doing something with there lives. Good luck mike don't listen to people that wanna bring you down
postaldude

United States

#10 Jun 10, 2010
Congrats and good luck in your future, whether in track or if Coach Price gives you an opportunity with the football team, keep level headed and take care of business, both in the classroom and in the athletic field of your choice. To Coach Al Licon, keep up the good work producing talented and level headed kids, make Riverside proud.
numkris

El Paso, TX

#11 Jun 10, 2010
Congrats Mike, you set an example to all the kids that dream to go to college through athletics. I have watched you through the past several years at track meets, you carry yourself with class and sportsmanship. Good luck at UTEP and prove that just because you are an athlete from El Paso it does not make you a criminal.
Montwood

Seminole, FL

#12 Jun 11, 2010
I think Montwood Mom was making reference to Edward Britton, former Montwood Ram and Texas Tech player. Shortly after he signed he got caught stealing from Wal Mart! Mike Davis seems like he's a lot smarter than that chump. I wish him the best!
libertarian

El Paso, TX

#13 Jun 11, 2010
go miners!
Montwood Mom

El Paso, TX

#14 Jun 12, 2010
Montwood wrote:
I think Montwood Mom was making reference to Edward Britton, former Montwood Ram and Texas Tech player. Shortly after he signed he got caught stealing from Wal Mart! Mike Davis seems like he's a lot smarter than that chump. I wish him the best!
Why do you have to get ugly, I was just wishing him well and not to get into any trouble. You people from Parkland have no class.
Wasabi Snooters

United States

#16 Jun 12, 2010
Am I the only one who noticed that the heading reads "Parkland's Davis signs with UTEP FOOTBALL"?! Nowhere in the artical does it say he signed on to play football. Nice job El Paso Times.
numkris

El Paso, TX

#18 Jun 14, 2010
He did not sign with football at all!!!! He is hoping that Price will let him walk on and red shirt next year. Price is crazy to not take this outstanding athlete in football. You can catch him, Shaun Powell (El Dorado future Texas A & M), Miguel Edwards (Irvin future UTEP), Jacob Garcia (Montwood future UTEP)and Leo Arroyo (Horizon future Doane College) running together in summer track for the Texas Heat. Last developmental meet is this Saturday at Burges and the Regional qualifier is 25th - 27th at UTEP. All is free. It is amazing Macka Jones has been able to get all of these Texas Regional qualifiers on one team. Remember Mike Davis, Shaun Powell, and Miguel Edwards qualified for State. It is going to be awesome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Visit link http://MyFixEarning.com/?refer=45752 Thu Earn Farts 2
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) Wed Stinky Farts 24,598
New to El Paso Need FARTS Nov 14 Lone Fartstar 6
El Paso, Texas Home Of Thousands Of Illegal Imm... (Oct '08) Nov 14 Plus e-FARTS 52
News Border Patrol rescues illegal immigrants stuck ... Nov 14 Boarder Farts 5
Happy Farterans Day Nov 12 Support Farterans 3
The White Fart House Nov 12 Fartomitry 58

El Paso Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Paso Mortgages