El Paso City Council: John Cook's rec...

El Paso City Council: John Cook's recall, legal bills on agenda

There are 21 comments on the El Paso Times story from Oct 15, 2013, titled El Paso City Council: John Cook's recall, legal bills on agenda. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Then former Mayor John Cook and then mayor-elect Oscar Leeser talked at a news conference June 19 about El Paso's city manager.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NO way

United States

#1 Oct 15, 2013
The people have spoken,
And those emails!
WHen they show city business, they are public...
Let's go Stevie, the game is over.....
Maybe the state needs to join el paso and get the investigation completed.
Ethics board MIA

United States

#2 Oct 15, 2013
And the MIA ethics board

Whe y'all been?

Ya never investigated Willie gandara,
And now Stevie?

Lead or get out of the way!
Lucy

United States

#3 Oct 15, 2013
Ethics board MIA wrote:
And the MIA ethics board
Whe y'all been?
Ya never investigated Willie gandara,
And now Stevie?
Lead or get out of the way!
Steve is out of office. Let him pursue a life of religious fulfillment in peace.
Pay the piper

United States

#4 Oct 15, 2013
Lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
Steve is out of office. Let him pursue a life of religious fulfillment in peace.
AFTER its determined no shenanigans were involved in the public trust!
Lucy

El Paso, TX

#5 Oct 15, 2013
Pay the piper wrote:
<quoted text>
AFTER its determined no shenanigans were involved in the public trust!
Hell, I don't trust the lot of them so how could they let me down? Why do you also feel the need to judge my reply just because you disagree with it? You need to lighten up and relax a little, big boy. Don't take everything so personally.
Pay the piper

United States

#6 Oct 15, 2013
Lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell, I don't trust the lot of them so how could they let me down? Why do you also feel the need to judge my reply just because you disagree with it? You need to lighten up and relax a little, big boy. Don't take everything so personally.
The law has supposed his email,

Yield or jail....
Lucy

El Paso, TX

#7 Oct 15, 2013
Pay the piper wrote:
<quoted text>
The law has supposed his email,
Yield or jail....
You pay the piper and stop demanding a pound of flesh for everything you don't like. Hell, don't you know that they whole damned country is going into default? E-mails don't amount to a hill of green beans next to that.
New World Order sucks

El Paso, TX

#8 Oct 15, 2013
John Cook should have NEVER went against what the people of El Paso wanted.
And we all know what that was no matter how many times people will try to twist the truth.

Mayor Cook overturned ALL of the people's votes not to pay for the homosexual partners healthcare working for the city.

Why should El paso taxpayers pay for the homosexual partners healthcare of city employees?

Should El Paso taxpayers also pay for city employees who don't have homosexual partners but heterosexual partners that aren't married as well?
Sounds like discrimination to me.
Think about it.

Oh, I see, only the city employees with HOMOSEXUAL partners can cover their lifestyles, but no others right? Sounds like a lawsuit to me.
Lucy

El Paso, TX

#9 Oct 15, 2013
New World Order sucks wrote:
And we all know what that was no matter how many times people will try to twist the truth.
Mayor Cook overturned ALL of the people's votes not to pay for the homosexual partners healthcare working for the city.
Why should El paso taxpayers pay for the homosexual partners healthcare of city employees?
Should El Paso taxpayers also pay for city employees who don't have homosexual partners but heterosexual partners that aren't married as well?
Think about it.
Oh, I see, only the city employees with HOMOSEXUAL partners can cover their lifestyles, but no others right? Sounds like a lawsuit to me.
Have you ever heard of a little thing called the constitution of independence? It requires that we give equitable treatment and promote welfare to all. If some gay guy wants to buy his partner something frilly to wear, that's his business just like if he takes him to the doctor, the city should pay for it.(The doctor, not the fro-fru) I don't have all the answers, obviously, but I do know what is right and we need to take care of these gay folks a lot better than we do.
Lucy

El Paso, TX

#10 Oct 15, 2013
Think about it.
What about the contribution of independence? It guarantees equal treatment for everyone and general welfare for all too. Just because you don't like these gays doesn't mean they're inhuman. If a gay guy has to take his partner to the doctor, the city should pay. I don't claim to have all the answers but we need to treat these gays with compassion and fork over the dough to them too.
New World Order sucks

El Paso, TX

#11 Oct 15, 2013
Lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard of a little thing called the constitution of independence? It requires that we give equitable treatment and promote welfare to all. If some gay guy wants to buy his partner something frilly to wear, that's his business just like if he takes him to the doctor, the city should pay for it.(The doctor, not the fro-fru) I don't have all the answers, obviously, but I do know what is right and we need to take care of these gay folks a lot better than we do.
No Lucy, I'm sorry, I never heard of the constitution of independence. Are you referring to the Constitution along with the Declaration of Independence? Because neither has anything to do with healthcare for homosexuals at taxpayer expense.
Why are we paying for JUST the homosexual partners and not the heterosexual city employee's partners that aren't married? Hmmmmmm. Sounds like some discrimination going on just to look good in the homosexual community doesn't it? Can we say....vote getting???? Maybe from a certain community???? Hmmmm... just saying.
I have nothing against homosexuals, nor heterosexuals, but if you agree to separate them becuase of their sexual orientation aren't you the one that is being devisive?
What about the non-married heterosexual city employees that have a boy or girlfriend they live with? Oh, I see, only the Homosexuals can have that benefit, not the others. RIGHT???
New World Order sucks

El Paso, TX

#12 Oct 15, 2013
Lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the contribution of independence? It guarantees equal treatment for everyone and general welfare for all too. Just because you don't like these gays doesn't mean they're inhuman. If a gay guy has to take his partner to the doctor, the city should pay. I don't claim to have all the answers but we need to treat these gays with compassion and fork over the dough to them too.
Oh, I see, so in order for a homosexual city employees partner to get health benefits, you have to be boinking them right? Yet not the heterosexual's partners because they are heterosexual?
I'm going to go with discrimination lawsuit right there.
New World Order sucks

El Paso, TX

#13 Oct 15, 2013
Case closed Lucy.
Lucy

El Paso, TX

#14 Oct 15, 2013
Case closed Lucy.
Since you obviously hate gays, why don't you stick a hot dog up your butt and see if you like it? Don't walk a mile in a man's shoes without judging him first, so give it a whirl, sonny, and you may enjoy it.
Larry Driscoll

El Paso, TX

#15 Oct 15, 2013
Lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you obviously hate gays, why don't you stick a hot dog up your butt and see if you like it? Don't walk a mile in a man's shoes without judging him first, so give it a whirl, sonny, and you may enjoy it.
A word to the wise - make sure you use a Ballpark frank for this experiment. These cheaper brands break easily and don't plump up nicely inside your rump. Don't use Hebrew National either because the Jews don't like their meat used for deviant purposes.
Rolling Papers

El Paso, TX

#16 Oct 15, 2013
I hope when and if this little fiasco go to court and in front of the judge he says to Johnny. Well John boy had you only listen o the very same people that voted you into office wouldn't be standing in front of me right now CASE CLOSED !!! Or put it on hold until the next election and let the people decide if he gets paid or NOTHING real simple.
Pay the piper

United States

#17 Oct 15, 2013
Lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal hell.

Texas Constitution says otherwise and THAT'S in effect now...

Till then,
Stuff it.
New World Order sucks

El Paso, TX

#18 Oct 17, 2013
Lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously a liberal, because I never said I hate gays.
I believe they are just misguided.
Love is not about sex. Yet that is exactly what homosexuals try to pretend is.
Desplico Federico?
New World Order sucks

El Paso, TX

#19 Oct 17, 2013
Rolling Papers wrote:
I hope when and if this little fiasco go to court and in front of the judge he says to Johnny. Well John boy had you only listen o the very same people that voted you into office wouldn't be standing in front of me right now CASE CLOSED !!! Or put it on hold until the next election and let the people decide if he gets paid or NOTHING real simple.
Yup.
New World Order sucks

El Paso, TX

#20 Oct 17, 2013
Larry Driscoll wrote:
<quoted text>
A word to the wise - make sure you use a Ballpark frank for this experiment. These cheaper brands break easily and don't plump up nicely inside your rump. Don't use Hebrew National either because the Jews don't like their meat used for deviant purposes.
Sir, or Maam, whatever you call yourself. You are the problem with America son. Don't you get it? Have you ever heard of MORALS?????
Whether you believe it or not, this country was FOUNDED on principles belonging to GOD ALMIGHTY!!!
Have you ever wondered why you are struggling through life right at this very moment?
Get GOD back into the picture son. Just get God back in the picture.
Jesus loves you. And I do to.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jacob Joe Pauda, 30, is being held in Lubbock C... 31 min butters_ 1
Transgender woman arrested at courthouse offere... 3 hr DC Dave 25
News City attorney drops David Stout's ethics complaint 8 hr Useless da 4
I hate El Paso! (Jan '08) 9 hr butters_ 1,705
Restaurant Question 10 hr DC Dave 31
Insecure Writers Mon New Resident 28
Should Trump and his Administration be sent to ... Mon Fryer mouth 12

El Paso Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance