Fort Hood closed amid reports of seve...

Fort Hood closed amid reports of several killed

There are 246 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Nov 5, 2009, titled Fort Hood closed amid reports of several killed. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

The U.S. Army has closed its massive Army base at Fort Hood, Texas, amid reports that several people have been shot and killed at the post.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

“Keep the Faith”

Since: Nov 08

Bedford

#132 Nov 6, 2009
The man was nuts...don't worry about the Muslims, worry about ANY extremist.

“Feel The Force”

Since: Dec 08

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#133 Nov 6, 2009
Okay, if no one else will address the 800 pound gorilla in the room...

Here's where the Army went ridiculously wrong in the first place: Allowing him to sign up, despite the fact that he was a natural born American Citizen.

Here's your scenario: A young Soldier returns from a tour, be it his 1st, 2nd, even 3rd; in Iraq or Afghanistan. He's seen too many close friends and fellow Soldiers killed by Muslims to not have some severe PTSD. So, we send him to the mental health center and who happens to be his shrink? A FUCKING MUSLIM!!

Do you really think that's smart at any level?? Political Correctness and Cultural Awareness are going to be the destruction of the U.S.
duh

Charlestown, MA

#134 Nov 6, 2009
bigbanana wrote:
following a religion that promotes killing and murdering was where he went wrong!
I think you have Muslim confused with Al Qaeda and the Taliban as most of the idiots in this thread do

By the way it's the muslim extremists such as al qaeda but hey it's not like any other religions in the world have ever killed anyone.
This tragic act resembles a one man Columbine more than a terrorist act.
Petro

Brownsville, TX

#135 Nov 6, 2009
Barney wrote:
<quoted text>
They are under Obama now and STILL dying.
Yeah and enlistments are up, too bad he lied.

Pierre France

“Cogito Ergo Sum”

Since: Feb 08

South of France

#136 Nov 6, 2009
mountaingirl wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how one person with two handguns shot 42 people at least one. Can it be done. I don't know a lot about guns. Do any carry that many shots
Apparently there was a lot of "friendly fire".

Since: Mar 09

Huntsville, AL

#137 Nov 6, 2009
Pierre France wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure it just riles you to see all those Blacks in uniform, too. Even as GENERALS and ADMIRALS !! How about those ORIENTALS (I'm sure you have a different terminology for them...)'coz they MUST be "evil Commies because they look like chincoms !!!!"
How about them there ATHIESTS in the US Army, or them there DEMOCRAT-votin' soldiers !!
Whee doggy !!
Treason !!
You want an army of pure white Christian men, like Tim McVeigh, preferably dressed in black, with those nice lightening flash runes on one collarboard and a totenkopf on their forage cap ? Yeah, that sounds about right.
I think you're on the wrong planet.
BTW, I'm sorry about your father. War is hell, but some wars need fighting, and the sacrifices made create a better World for us all because we learn from them and honor and respect those who fought in them.
Wars for oil, greed and imperial hegemony against a non-existent threat and minor nuisance which could have been handled by a SEAL team are NOT amongst them.
Don't believe they were Yelling "Allahu Akbar" .

Since: Sep 09

Boynton Beach, FL

#138 Nov 6, 2009
So,...this Major in the US Army, who was a devout muslim, told someone that very morning that he was very concerned about being deployed to Iraq, and he did not want to shoot and kill a fellow Muslim....So,...I guess killing fellow Americans was ok with him??????....Yeah, this was about religion, believe it or not...but it was...
In WW2 japanese Americans were barred from military service because the loyalties were questioned....i think that because of the nature of our current involvments, we should be barring Muslim Americans from the military right now.
Buckeye Proud

Chillicothe, OH

#139 Nov 6, 2009
Pierre France wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure it just riles you to see all those Blacks in uniform, too. Even as GENERALS and ADMIRALS !! How about those ORIENTALS (I'm sure you have a different terminology for them...)'coz they MUST be "evil Commies because they look like chincoms !!!!"
How about them there ATHIESTS in the US Army, or them there DEMOCRAT-votin' soldiers !!
Whee doggy !!
Treason !!
You want an army of pure white Christian men, like Tim McVeigh, preferably dressed in black, with those nice lightening flash runes on one collarboard and a totenkopf on their forage cap ? Yeah, that sounds about right.
I think you're on the wrong planet.
BTW, I'm sorry about your father. War is hell, but some wars need fighting, and the sacrifices made create a better World for us all because we learn from them and honor and respect those who fought in them.
Wars for oil, greed and imperial hegemony against a non-existent threat and minor nuisance which could have been handled by a SEAL team are NOT amongst them.
Umm, No, I love Asians! The love of my life is Asian.....my beautiful Grandaughter!!(whom, by the way, I would die for!)
Blacks? Why do you think I have a prob with blacks? Because Obama is black? NOOOO, I am not judging him by the color of his skin at all....his NAME says it all!!
Athiest? Nah, God can deal with them...not my job.
Judas

Las Cruces, NM

#140 Nov 6, 2009
Mi_nina wrote:
So,...this Major in the US Army, who was a devout muslim, told someone that very morning that he was very concerned about being deployed to Iraq, and he did not want to shoot and kill a fellow Muslim....So,...I guess killing fellow Americans was ok with him??????....Yeah, this was about religion, believe it or not...but it was...
In WW2 japanese Americans were barred from military service because the loyalties were questioned....i think that because of the nature of our current involvments, we should be barring Muslim Americans from the military right now.
The Japanese were allowed to fight in Europe, where they were the most decorated regiment.

“Feel The Force”

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#141 Nov 6, 2009
mountaingirl wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how one person with two handguns shot 42 people at least one. Can it be done. I don't know a lot about guns. Do any carry that many shots
It's being reported that there were two shooters. However, how one man with two pistols shoot 42 people is easy to figure out with the most elementary of weapon knowledge. He reloaded!

“Feel The Force”

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#142 Nov 6, 2009
Judas wrote:
<quoted text>
The Japanese were allowed to fight in Europe, where they were the most decorated regiment.
Correct... but they were not allowed to serve shoulder to shoulder with non-asian soldiers. They were segregated to protect against incidents such as this. That's called common sense. Too bad Political Correctness and Cultural Sensitivity are counter-productive to good old fashioned common sense.

Since: Sep 09

Boynton Beach, FL

#143 Nov 6, 2009
Judas wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent!!!!
But, because the current conflicts do not have another place to put them on, the questionable loyalties are a concern... and there is much damage they could do to the soliders that are deployed to those areas even if they are placed in homeside support positions only...because of the complexities, they should be banned from military service.

“Clearwater, Fl ”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#144 Nov 6, 2009
its starting people! get ready!!

been 8 years and no attacks here,then we elect Nobama,and this is what happens,it has started!

Pierre France

“Cogito Ergo Sum”

South of France

#145 Nov 6, 2009
Mi_nina wrote:
I so dislike you mindless ignorant tools of sly neocon propaganda.

http://www.history.army.mil/html/topics/apam/...

"At the tactical level, linguist teams deployed with the 2d and 4th Marine Divisions and the 27th Army Division. Two of the Nisei, Ben Honda and George Matsui, won Silver Stars for their work during the battle. Another Nisei, Hawaii-born Bob Kubo, scored a major tactical coup while supporting the 27th Division. While interrogating a captured Japanese soldier one day, he learned of the timing for the last major suicide attack. He quickly relayed this to the division's leadership, who were thereby able to brace themselves for the blow."

http://www.history.army.mil/html/topics/apam/...

You people have NO excuse for your ignorance !
Research before posting, please.
Ignorance is what is killing us.
Get a clue

Marion, VA

#146 Nov 6, 2009
Rick in FLA wrote:
been 8 years and no attacks here,then we elect Nobama,and this is what happens,it has started!
What color is the sky in your world? That man was a soldier for the last 8 years, you know during Bush's 8 years. He also became a major in April 2008. Again, Bush's term. Where was Bush? Obviously, you don't deal with facts and truth. Just like your ex President. Invading Iraq when the majority of the 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia. You know, that country where Bush's friends the bin Ladens live. You know the bin Laden family that Bush flew right out of here immediately after 9/11.

Pierre France

“Cogito Ergo Sum”

South of France

#147 Nov 6, 2009
Rick in FLA wrote:
STFU and crawl back where you came from.
Get a clue

Marion, VA

#150 Nov 6, 2009
Buckeye Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me tell you and thing or 2, Mr. I am so righteous!
My Dad was taken POW in your country, by the Germans! He was held in Stalag 7A and treated like an animal, for fighting for YOUR country! Stop the crap. My Dad was never the same. He left here a young man and came back an old, weary soldier. Thank you very much for the gratitude!
I am tired of hearing about your Dad's service to the country. It is not your service to talk about or demand gratitude for.
Lets talk about your service. Or you just one of those endless armchair patriots who thinks others sacrifice some how makes you more patriotic? At least that Major enlisted and served 8 years as a soldier in the US. BTW during Bush's 8 years of Presidency.
Stop the crap, you weren't outraged with muslims serving during Bush's presidency. This is about racism - the Major wasn't white enough for all of you. Just like President Obama isn't white enough for all of you.

“Clearwater, Fl ”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#151 Nov 6, 2009
Get a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
What color is the sky in your world? That man was a soldier for the last 8 years, you know during Bush's 8 years. He also became a major in April 2008. Again, Bush's term. Where was Bush? Obviously, you don't deal with facts and truth. Just like your ex President. Invading Iraq when the majority of the 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia. You know, that country where Bush's friends the bin Ladens live. You know the bin Laden family that Bush flew right out of here immediately after 9/11.
I bet your a truther too,you dickweed.

Obammy is gonna move the Gitmo boys into the ghetto to live next door to you,or maybe in the same tenement building as you,GO YANKEES!!!! PA SUCKS

“Common sense ain't common”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#153 Nov 6, 2009
Gagthemaggot wrote:
Placitas Roy writes:
"What utter [email protected]! Hell the army has to let thugs, gang members, punks, crooks, druggies and retards in now just to meet quotas."
Another liberal heard from, thankyou for confirming the fact democrats hate the military. FYI my son served his country honorably, including a year in Baghdads Triangle of Death. He has never seen the inside of a jail cell and maintains a high security clearance for his present job. I bet he'd love to talk to you about it in person.
overlook the Placitas, it obvious hes one that cant make the cut, he has to cut down what he cant do, most likely weak in the mind ,just a couch pus that cant pull away from his momma...
wake up

Hinesville, GA

#154 Nov 6, 2009
Why can't Christians live with Muslims, Mix and match.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texas border residents mixed over whether they ... 1 hr DC Dave 35
News DHS: Trump Border 'Wall' to Cost $21.6B, Take 3... 2 hr Im Stll Here 479
News A Supreme Court Conundrum 8 hr butters_ 9
News Man arrested in shooting outside Northeast Ela 10 hr butters_ 5
News Supreme Court hears case of teen shot dead in M... 11 hr DC Dave 14
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 15 hr WilsonPhartx 24,127
Prognosticating The End of Trump's First Term Thu The More Things C... 1

El Paso Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Paso Mortgages