Fort Hood closed amid reports of several killed

The U.S. Army has closed its massive Army base at Fort Hood, Texas, amid reports that several people have been shot and killed at the post. Full Story
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Douglas Whitmer

Dixon, IL

#2 Nov 5, 2009
God Bless those at Fort Hood Texas
Petro

United States

#3 Nov 5, 2009
KMc wrote:
Muslim terrorists?
No , Conservative Tea Baggers. You guys call this a secession. Stupid Texans ...LOL

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#4 Nov 5, 2009
Just now on news, confirmed 12 dead 31 injuried...primary shooter is shot dead by base police...two more possible shooters in custody, all three are US soldiers. no word yet if these were muslim infiltrators....we will know soon enough.
NtT

Las Cruces, NM

#5 Nov 5, 2009
Wow.

Wonder what the story will be when we all hear about the perpetrators. Surely somthing led the person or people to do this, but what? Why?

I feel for the loved ones of those wounded or killed, and those who have to clean up the mess so to speak (medics, witnesses, the cleanup crew). All will be psychically scarred from being in contact with such a heinous act, and all will suffer, as will their families, their friends and those they meet in the future.

Location hidden

#6 Nov 5, 2009
Petro wrote:
<quoted text>
No , Conservative Tea Baggers. You guys call this a secession. Stupid Texans ...LOL
you are a frigging idiot
I wonder

Camarillo, CA

#7 Nov 5, 2009
will they get buried with honor. they were going to serve our country, i think they should be given honors. such a sad senseless loss.

Location hidden

#8 Nov 5, 2009
of course they will
Community Activist Killer

Riverside, CA

#9 Nov 5, 2009
Of course they'll be given Full Military Honors!

“Clearwater, Fl ”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#11 Nov 5, 2009
Petro wrote:
<quoted text>
No they were stupid fags from Houston,your a dickweed!
Bosco

Pittsburg, CA

#12 Nov 5, 2009
I guess its time to accept the fact islam is for sure the enemy. Wake up people.
Laird Durham

UK

#15 Nov 5, 2009
Mjr Hasan attacked a group that were being kitted for Iraq. He used two pistols and two other military personnel have been detained at the fort. Bet the Mjr. lost the plot over having to return, probably nothing to do with being a muslim or terrorism ?
Petro

United States

#16 Nov 5, 2009
Ok just got the whole story , And Yup everything points to the Bush and Chainy War. Chalk some more dead on the W column. Thanks W the president that keeps on giving.
Bosco

Pittsburg, CA

#21 Nov 5, 2009
Death to Muslims wrote:
Shocking the **** was a Muslim terrorist, round up ten random Muslims and execute them
Easy dude.#&@k the muslims but respest life and humanity..........But dont give in

“Feel The Force”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#22 Nov 5, 2009
Hopefully one thing that will come from this is the pathetic state that all Army post gate security is in. Even here at Bliss, you don't have to have a post decal, nor do you even have to show your military id, just a driver's license. The idiots barely look at your id's anyway. What kind of credentials do they have to know that they're not looking at a fake ID? The civilian gate guards need to go, and the random access to military posts needs to end.
NtT

Las Cruces, NM

#24 Nov 5, 2009
This was a person acting, not a religion.

Now if the person is a wacko and trying to cloak aberrant beahvior in a pseudo-religious idealogy - shame on them, and they have to answer to their maker for the same they bring on the religion they try to twist into the justification for their bad behavior.

There are wackos willing to selectively use language, edicts and precepts of any religion or combination of religions to try to justify their bad behavior - including good ole Christianity.

Blaming a religion for a person's bad behavior is a quick way to incite anger and frustration from the adherents of that religion.
NtT

Las Cruces, NM

#25 Nov 5, 2009
"Now if the person is a wacko and trying to cloak aberrant beahvior in a pseudo-religious idealogy - shame on them, and they have to answer to their maker for the same they bring on the religion they try to twist into the justification for their bad behavior."

same = shame....dang typos!!!
57th State

Westford, MA

#29 Nov 5, 2009
Well at least we have our priorities. Obama was able to do his shout-out and other light comments before getting to this tragic event. And this guy is our commander-in-chief? Way to go Barry.
Bill

Seattle, WA

#34 Nov 5, 2009
NtT wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder what Muslim's had to say about the Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland? Same thing, perhaps?
Irrelevant!
Tea Party

United States

#35 Nov 5, 2009
Community Activist Killer wrote:
The shooter, Major Malik Nadal Hasan was killed along with two others - BIG F'n SURPRISE that he's a Muslim like Obama!
Or a tea party revolutionary. Haven't they been saying there will be a revolt? Maybe this was the first step.
Life long Lowell Resident

Lowell, MA

#36 Nov 5, 2009
If you are not American born. You shouldn't have any rights to serve in the USA Military. With terrorist crap going on, rules need to be changed. This all could of been avoided.
USA military, should only be for USA born.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
U.S. Border Patrol truck parked on the Texas-Me... 4 min L Morales 11
Should the great one join the Navy? 9 min L Morales 5
Crossing the border to attend US schools 18 min L Morales 14
HSI Officials: Key to stopping human traffickin... 1 hr Wanted 4
Little input gathered from EPISD schools facing... 3 hr huey goins 2
Review: Gino's Diner 11 hr Rad Ontiveros 2
Former PSB member to run for El Paso City Council 13 hr huey goins 3
El Paso Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web