Man stabbed to death in El Monte

Man stabbed to death in El Monte

There are 29 comments on the LA Daily News story from Apr 22, 2008, titled Man stabbed to death in El Monte. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

A man was stabbed to death in El Monte today, authorities said. The slaying in the 10000 block of Garvey Avenue near North Merced Avenue was reported around 12:20 a.m., said Deputy Denise Fuchs of the Sheriff's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bob

Houston, TX

#1 Apr 22, 2008
hi
steve

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Apr 22, 2008
This did not take place in El Monte, it was South El Monte. A different City. South El Monte contracts out the Sherrif's Department.
Thomas Earl Henry

United States

#3 Apr 22, 2008
Even president Castro saw the need to education his people. We're becoming third world becuase of the increased number of uneducated people. Yes, illegals work hard but their children are a mince to society. They have know desire to be educated because welfare moms with food stamps and section 8. Will make it possible for them to live of the government. Why educate. Life is free to illegals with babies. They make sure there is enough babies to maintian money from the government. The old women are start to make babies again. for the money not love. if you loved them you would make sure they are educated and can take care of themselves.
Thomas Earl Henry

United States

#4 Apr 22, 2008
The way to stop kids from joining gangs. Is not more money nor programs. Parents keep your children in the house doing school work. Teaching them how to act in the public. Parents haven't displine their children and don't want them around the house. They make babies for government money and assitance. How much do the government have to give. The more we give. The more come with their mhand out. They expect from our government what their government don't provide. Their government give them nothing and they come here demanding from us.
Thomas Earl Henry

United States

#5 Apr 22, 2008
What would happen if all those people that marched here for rights would do that in Mexico? Would their government give in. The government demanded that blacks be educated. They threaten to put parents in jail if you didn't send your kid to school. Don't blame the gang. Blame the parent of the gang member. I forgot some come here without parents
Move To LA

San Diego, CA

#6 Apr 22, 2008
According to our mayor it is the safest since the 50's!
i was there

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Apr 22, 2008
steve wrote:
This did not take place in El Monte, it was South El Monte. A different City. South El Monte contracts out the Sherrif's Department.
It was south el monte but is right next to el monte
i was there

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Apr 22, 2008
Thomas Earl Henry wrote:
What would happen if all those people that marched here for rights would do that in Mexico? Would their government give in. The government demanded that blacks be educated. They threaten to put parents in jail if you didn't send your kid to school. Don't blame the gang. Blame the parent of the gang member. I forgot some come here without parents
But marched for what rights in mexico? i do not understand? anywyz people that marched here on may 1st last year are asking for a comprehensive admisty or a way to become legal...now there are children that come here illegaly with out wanting to or having a decision or opinion in it! they get used to the system here and once they become adults they cannot go back to a country where they have nothing left there! You go back and you are not quite welcome because you apperantly have an "accent" from here but you are also not welcome here cuz you where not borned here despite the 20years that you have been living here and 1 or sometimes even less out there! so when people don't feel welcome or out of place the best thing in their minds to do is gang up but usually this leads to criminal acctions! parents do have good values and try as hard as possible (most of them) But when peer presure is at it's prime they become rebels and separate from family. that is just my personal opinion not a fact!
phonio antonio

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Apr 22, 2008
the mayor stinks.
i was there

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Apr 22, 2008
Thomas Earl Henry wrote:
Even president Castro saw the need to education his people. We're becoming third world becuase of the increased number of uneducated people. Yes, illegals work hard but their children are a mince to society. They have know desire to be educated because welfare moms with food stamps and section 8. Will make it possible for them to live of the government. Why educate. Life is free to illegals with babies. They make sure there is enough babies to maintian money from the government. The old women are start to make babies again. for the money not love. if you loved them you would make sure they are educated and can take care of themselves.
How can you Judge people that way? when they obviously don't believe in education because they never had that chance? I do concure with you and i understand your point of view! but Mexicans are not the only illegals or legals doing this! you cannot judge a whole or entire raced based on a few of your experiences with some of them! what we all need to do is be more involved and try to educate adults for them to know how to educate their children and hopefully their generation will not make the same stupid and ignorant mistakes as they did! We cannot expect to have an animal at home and for him to potty trained him self and if we are better or smarter then they are we should try to help make our life easier and better by educating them! that way we do not have to be picking up their shit all the time.
i was there

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Apr 22, 2008
Last night's man stabbed it wasn't gang related the fight started somewhere else and ended up there and no it was not gang related i repeat! just because it happen in S.EL MONTE does not mean gangs had something to do with it.
citz

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#12 Apr 22, 2008
gang related
Zealot

Dallas, TX

#13 Apr 22, 2008
Sheesh! You guys have nothing on Houston. Check out www.chron.com for more goodies.
i was there

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Apr 23, 2008
citz wrote:
gang related
If you check the lattest news....I TOLD YOU IT WAS NOT GANG RELATED!
Big Shameless

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Apr 23, 2008
it was next to King Taco in Garvey
Thomas Earl Henry

United States

#17 Apr 23, 2008
i was there wrote:
<quoted text>
But marched for what rights in mexico? i do not understand? anywyz people that marched here on may 1st last year are asking for a comprehensive admisty or a way to become legal...now there are children that come here illegaly with out wanting to or having a decision or opinion in it! they get used to the system here and once they become adults they cannot go back to a country where they have nothing left there! You go back and you are not quite welcome because you apperantly have an "accent" from here but you are also not welcome here cuz you where not borned here despite the 20years that you have been living here and 1 or sometimes even less out there! so when people don't feel welcome or out of place the best thing in their minds to do is gang up but usually this leads to criminal acctions! parents do have good values and try as hard as possible (most of them) But when peer presure is at it's prime they become rebels and separate from family. that is just my personal opinion not a fact!
Adult education is offered. to those that want it. but they would rather drink party and make babies
Thomas Earl Henry

United States

#18 Apr 23, 2008
Big Shameless wrote:
it was next to King Taco in Garvey
Babies that they can't afford. And march for the right for our government to pay for them.
i was there

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Apr 24, 2008
Thomas Earl Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Babies that they can't afford. And march for the right for our government to pay for them.
Sorry but you are still an idiot! unless that you are speaking about another march...They were not marching for kids or for welfare! do your research before you speak your senseless mind! i do get your point and what you are talking about but that is not the topic of this "NEWS" because it had (trust me) nothing to do with it!
PRINCESS

Riverside, CA

#20 Apr 24, 2008
I Live in El Monte and I know this was not gang related. This fight started at a bar across the Street from King Taco and the guy ran to the parking lot of King Taco and that’s were his life ended… I don’t understand why Mr. Thomas Earl Henry accused Mexican of just partying drinking and having babies!! I graduated in the year 2000 from El Monte High school and approx. 5 girls were pregnant during graduation and yup all Mexicans… My White friend from Diamond Bar that attended my graduation couldn’t believe seeing all these young girls being pregnant, I asked him what was so hard to believe he said “oh, it’s because in my school all the girls have abortions!!!!!” So my questions is who is teaching there kids the right thing??? Who Is the better person here???? The one that keeps the baby and manages to move on in live… Or the one that kills her baby and goes on through live with a guilt trip????? So who is the better parent?????
i was there

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Apr 24, 2008
Thomas Earl Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Adult education is offered. to those that want it. but they would rather drink party and make babies
Yes and just like so many of them don't take advantage of it! there is so many more that do! I am sure your white fellows don't have this problem right? I am sure there are no white drop outs correct? but you cannot judge people on their racial background! that is just ignorant! Over 90 PERCENT of serial killers are WHITE males and in spite of their "high" IQ's, they do poorly in schools and have a hard time holding down jobs, and often work as unskilled laborers! and just because statistics say: OVER 90 PERCENT are white males does not mean that all white males are killers!or are they? if you are smart and you catch my drift you know where this is going but if you are not you will continue on and on about this and i will loose my interest on even taking time out of my day to answer so good day to you sir! and lets hope that when you died you wont have to go in front of God having to explain your self in why you couldn't love your neighbor as your self! If we love the Lord God with all our heart, soul and mind, loving our neighbor is the natural result that comes next but i guess not for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Monte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Council rejects Kare offer (Sep '08) 8 hr Joey Parks 305
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 hr LMFAO phart 34,230
Hadjinian getting paid to push Pot businesses i... 13 hr resident 7
were his all the og sgv taggers at (Dec '07) 15 hr EMERO MONTOYA TEE... 1,050
News 18 La Puente gang members arrested (Jan '08) 17 hr EMERO MONTOYA 1,832
Montebello Council's 2 Worst Actions (Sep '16) 20 hr No On Measure S 7
News Council won't allow El Monte halfway house to e... (Sep '10) Aug 30 john 12

El Monte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Monte Mortgages