El Monte educator Bobby Salcedo recal...

El Monte educator Bobby Salcedo recalled by family and friends ...

There are 14 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Mar 21, 2010, titled El Monte educator Bobby Salcedo recalled by family and friends .... In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

A standing-room-only crowd of more than 300 gathered Sunday to remember Bobby Salcedo on what would have been his 34th birthday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

the art of letting go

San Jose, CA

#1 Mar 22, 2010
sometimes, it's time for people to let it go... you cannot undo the past
the art of

El Monte, CA

#2 Mar 22, 2010
Hey art of letting go, the 1st amendment of the U.S Constitution sure protects you from infringement of freedom of speech. In this case, however, I wish it did infringe on your freedom of speech. You're obviously on the outside looking in and have nothing better to do but to write something ignorant. Go get a hobby buddy!
John

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Mar 22, 2010
I wonder how much each of the politicians in the city donated to this fund?

It would be intersting to find out.
Mutilated Biker

Anaheim, CA

#4 Mar 22, 2010
May he rest in peace.

May the drug lords in Mexico recognize that if they don't tone it down with wanton murders & violence, soon, history shows that USA will soon militarily engage them, or, an incursion into Mexico, like Iraq or Afghanistan. Remember US in Vietnam, Granada, Panama, El Salvador, & Somalia.

USA now has the most experienced combat troops. We've been at war with Iraq for 7 years. USA also has a history of unableness to leave once it arrives at a country. We've been at war with Iraq for 7 years. The USA Army will stay in Mexico for years, if not decades. We've been at war with Iraq for 7 years, unable to get out.

We have permanent military bases in Japan, Korea, Turkey, & Germany. Mexico, too.
Mind your business

Brea, CA

#5 Mar 22, 2010
the art of letting go wrote:
sometimes, it's time for people to let it go... you cannot undo the past
Dont worry about it....just live your own life and let them live their life,if they dont want to let go then it wont affect you in any way because they dont care about you,nor do they know you....comprende ?
Rip Bobby

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Mar 22, 2010
Mutilated Biker wrote:
May he rest in peace.
May the drug lords in Mexico recognize that if they don't tone it down with wanton murders & violence, soon, history shows that USA will soon militarily engage them, or, an incursion into Mexico, like Iraq or Afghanistan. Remember US in Vietnam, Granada, Panama, El Salvador, & Somalia.
USA now has the most experienced combat troops. We've been at war with Iraq for 7 years. USA also has a history of unableness to leave once it arrives at a country. We've been at war with Iraq for 7 years. The USA Army will stay in Mexico for years, if not decades. We've been at war with Iraq for 7 years, unable to get out.
We have permanent military bases in Japan, Korea, Turkey, & Germany. Mexico, too.
Words of a Jingoist. Sure. Would be nice to wipe out them "Drug lords." On the other hand, let's address our problems here first before we go on spending millions of dollars by sending our troops to their untimely deaths and getting involved in another war with a 3rd world country.
Obama Blows

United States

#8 Mar 22, 2010
"I wonder how much each of the politicians in the city donated to this fund?

It would be intersting to find out."

Why would they need to donate, they didn't kill him, criminals in mexico did.
Chocoholic

Visalia, CA

#9 Mar 22, 2010
If our leaders would have sealed our borders on both sides 30 years ago tis would be a non issue.Now that spring break is here idiot college kids are over in Mexico because they are deluding themselves that Americans are safe in Mexico.And if one them gets murdered out government will still trun a blind eye on this country full of drug lords.May Mr.Salcedo rest in peace and that his death not be in vain.

Since: Mar 10

Riverside, CA

#10 Mar 22, 2010
Some of ya'll are missing the point. The memorial was to celebrate his birthday and to raise money for his Foundation. A Foundation which raises money for kids to go to college. Scholarships for local students are invaluable. We should all be in support for local kids going to college. It's not that the family can't let it go. I think it's just one way for the family to try to move forward by giving assistance to other families with the scholarship foundation.
Veronica

El Monte, CA

#11 Mar 24, 2010
It was a beautiful tribute to an awesome person.. and for a foundation that will continue Bobby's legacy.
A Hero

United States

#12 Mar 31, 2010
Jaime Escalante.He is a legacy and nothing compares to the work that this man did.I hope that he too is honored and his memory cherised as a man who truly cared and helped so many young people. He is a true hero. May he rest in peace, may his soul and all the souls of the faithfully departed, rest in peace.
Sad

United States

#13 Mar 31, 2010
Was his wife at this birthday celebration or is she in hiding?
pete

Rowland Heights, CA

#14 Mar 31, 2010
Sad wrote:
Was his wife at this birthday celebration or is she in hiding?
She is spending the life Insurance money with Sancho.
Agree

United States

#15 Mar 31, 2010
Arrogant Bastard wrote:
Some of ya'll are missing the point. The memorial was to celebrate his birthday and to raise money for his Foundation. A Foundation which raises money for kids to go to college. Scholarships for local students are invaluable. We should all be in support for local kids going to college. It's not that the family can't let it go. I think it's just one way for the family to try to move forward by giving assistance to other families with the scholarship foundation.
I agree with you one hundred percent. I sincerely hope that the recipients deserve this help and not just because of who they know and who's son or daughter they happen to be. Working at a school and knowing that many students are hand picked because of popularity and who they happen to be related to sickens the stomach. Many deserving students get passed by. I hope that this is done respectfully and honestly in his memory. Knowing how things are done in El Monte, I will believe it when I see it. Time will tell, and of course no one will know if the recipients are actually deserving or not. What will the criteria be? The son or daughter of a board member, council member, city official? We will see. By the way, will there be a public report of the funds that are being collected and will the entire amount of funds collected be used for scholarship to DESERVING students? Will it be for ALL the high schools and ALL the Jr. High Schools in El Monte? We shall see what we shall see. Hopefully this will not be just another shameful cover up for the chosen few.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Monte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
So why was Edgar Cisneros at last night’s City ... 2 hr Mtbl Resident 15
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Trojan 34,851
News Prep Notebook: Serra's Lee makes fan of Coach Hurt (Mar '10) 5 hr Imontoyou 89
recall jack 6 hr truth Squad 21
What California Residents need to know Cal Pers... 6 hr Pyramid Scheme 2
whats my location? 7 hr truth squad 2
News Mongols motorcycle gang members arrested (Oct '08) 9 hr eyes on boobs 95

El Monte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Monte Mortgages