Surprise man arrested after gun fires...

Surprise man arrested after gun fires at Walmart

There are 32 comments on the Kansas City Star story from Apr 9, 2010, titled Surprise man arrested after gun fires at Walmart. In it, Kansas City Star reports that:

Authorities said a Surprise man has been arrested on suspicion of endangerment when the gun he was carrying discharged inside a Walmart in El Mirage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas City Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HB Local

“Take it and own it, again.”

Since: Apr 07

Huntington Beach "Surf City"

#1 Apr 9, 2010
A surprise man.........?

1. They musta been surprised she was a man?

2. Surprise Man is actually a paid position?

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

South Bend, IN

#2 Apr 9, 2010
SurpriseMan
SurpriseMan
does whatever a SurpriseMan does.

South Bend, IN

#3 Apr 9, 2010
Look!
Up in aisle 12!
It's a shopper!
It's a klutz!
No! It's SupriseMan.

South Bend, IN

#4 Apr 9, 2010
Na na na na na na,
Na na na na na na,
SurpriseMan!(bang)

Na na na na na na,
Na na na na na na,
SurpriseMan!(bang)

Na na na na na na,
Na na na na na na,
Na na na na na na,

Sur-prise-Man!
Silver the hedgehog

United States

#5 Apr 9, 2010
Thisis exactly why, 1, you don't carry a goddman gun into a store and 2, PUT THE SAFETY ON! That's why it was made people.

“Temporary tinctumutation”

Since: Apr 10

Funk, NE

#6 Apr 9, 2010
­

­

Surprise!!

­
http://www.topix.com/city/surprise-ne

­

­
­

“Out in the West Texas”

Since: Mar 08

town of El Paso

#7 Apr 9, 2010
Silver the hedgehog wrote:
Thisis exactly why, 1, you don't carry a goddman gun into a store and 2, PUT THE SAFETY ON! That's why it was made people.
I carry a Glock -- everywhere. It doesn't have an external safety, but anyone who isn't skilled in firearms should own a Glock. In fact, they shouldn't own any type of firearm.

What a dork_

“They named a cereal for him”

Since: Feb 08

Redondo Beach, CA

#8 Apr 9, 2010
William Pena wrote:
<quoted text>
I carry a Glock -- everywhere. It doesn't have an external safety, but anyone who isn't skilled in firearms should own a Glock. In fact, they shouldn't own any type of firearm.
I had to read your post twice! I was thinking WHAT! LMAO!

Since: Aug 09

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Apr 9, 2010
William Pena wrote:
<quoted text>
but anyone who isn't skilled in firearms should own a Glock. In fact, they shouldn't own any type of firearm.
There is your single most effective argument for the government to regulate private ownership of guns, as the Second clearly provides for in saying "well regulated."

Most people aren't skilled in reading a menu or driving a car, let alone in handling a dangerous firearm.
Silver the hedgehog

United States

#10 Apr 9, 2010
But EXCLUDING the non-safety, high recoil weapons of today, it's still no a wise plan just to waltz into a Walmart with no experience with fire arms whatsoever, and just do what you want. This is a terrific example of WHY it's NOT the best idea.

BTW: "William", I have a AK-47.
HB Local

“Take it and own it, again.”

Since: Apr 07

Huntington Beach "Surf City"

#11 Apr 9, 2010
Makes ya wonder what happened to the Culligan Man....

“Out in the West Texas”

town of El Paso

#12 Apr 9, 2010
What a dork_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to read your post twice! I was thinking WHAT! LMAO!
Yeah, true. I made a dumb mistake. HA!

“Out in the West Texas”

town of El Paso

#13 Apr 9, 2010
But EXCLUDING the non-safety, high recoil weapons of today, it's still no a wise plan just to waltz into a Walmart with no experience with fire arms whatsoever, and just do what you want. This is a terrific example of WHY it's NOT the best idea.
BTW: "William", I have a AK-47.
I gotta agree. You know what's up.
Is your AK-47 an original Russian-made model or a Chinese or Eastern European variant? They really have stood the test of time. My other weapon is a SOPMOD M4A1, which is a great weapon.
Silver the hedgehog

United States

#14 Apr 9, 2010
HB Local wrote:
Makes ya wonder what happened to the Culligan Man....
Actually it make ya wondr about how safe the Walmarts REALLY are. LMAO

(Also make you wonder what the Walmarts have in the WAY BACK shelves)
Silver the hedgehog

United States

#15 Apr 9, 2010
William Pena wrote:
<quoted text>
I gotta agree. You know what's up.
Is your AK-47 an original Russian-made model or a Chinese or Eastern European variant? They really have stood the test of time. My other weapon is a SOPMOD M4A1, which is a great weapon.
Actually the Russians perfected the model and it has been passed down to every army and navy officer in every country. So yes, I have the Russian and am Russian.
Silver the hedgehog

United States

#16 Apr 9, 2010
So what does the SURPRISE MAN position actually do? Is it like a stake out police officer or just a police officer trying to stop a target from getting away by just staying hidden or undercover?

Just so you know, that whole undercover thing is NOT a cheesy movie stereotype. There actually DO send some cops undercover. I watch the CNN NEWS.
IGAVEU

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#17 Apr 9, 2010
Sounds like that person has a few problems and should not be armed.I dont trust safetys and all guns are considered loaded even when in pieces.I own a few my last toy is MG 42/22 that I modified,its my Insult Rifle.
Silver the hedgehog

United States

#18 Apr 9, 2010
IGAVEU wrote:
Sounds like that person has a few problems and should not be armed.I dont trust safetys and all guns are considered loaded even when in pieces.I own a few my last toy is MG 42/22 that I modified,its my Insult Rifle.
0_0, That person shouldn't even be 1 foot away from a gun at all! And what in god's name do you mean that you don't trust the safeties? What's you're excuse? Spit it out.

What a dork_

“They named a cereal for him”

Since: Feb 08

Redondo Beach, CA

#19 Apr 9, 2010
So what does the SURPRISE MAN position actually do? Is it like a stake out police officer or just a police officer trying to stop a target from getting away by just staying hidden or undercover?
Just so you know, that whole undercover thing is NOT a cheesy movie stereotype. There actually DO send some cops undercover. I watch the CNN NEWS.
This took place in El Mirage AZ. The man is from Surprise AZ. Here in AZ all legal folks are allowed to carry. Unfortunately, there is no mental evaluation necessary! Actually this week it was reported that if our Governor signs a bill shortly, we will not even be required to have a CWP! Don't know why he even unholstered it other than to show off!(really, those of us that carry do not take it out and set it down NO WHERE!)
IGAVEU

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#20 Apr 9, 2010
Simply this,Safeties are mechanical thus can wear out , break or get bumped off.I know of people that have no recpect for where a gun barrel is pointed.They say Dah what you so jumpy about the Saftey is on as they fling the barrel end towards people.I do not stay around when they get there guns out.That end of a muzzle should never be pointed at anything you do not want to shoot,never trust a safety.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Mirage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fake chef darrell quigg (Mar '08) Jun 16 Ozy 68
Review: Valley Of The Sun Pediatrics (Jun '11) Jun 15 Katie 8
New guy at Quik food Mart on 83 Jun 5 Juancarlosmendez 1
Review: Az Vein & Laser Institute - Kulbhushan ... (Jul '09) Jun 2 Danelle ramsey 28
New to you AZ May 28 Michelle 1
Gay or Bi FaceTime (Jul '12) May 26 HornyGirl18 9
the new ''black;; surprise (Apr '13) May '17 Crayonkid 26

El Mirage Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Mirage Mortgages